Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PokerFraudAlert causing international humanitarian incident

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

PokerFraudAlert causing international humanitarian incident

Background: A new account showed up on 2+2 and posted the following story about being forced into a Bahamian refugee camp after attempting to sneak extra cash on a flight to the US from the Pokerstars PCA: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...h-refugee-camp ... Note that this story supposedly took place in 2012, despite being posted on February 2, 2016.

Brandon read the story and doubted its veracity, stating that he couldn't find any evidence of a refugee camp existing in Nassua, Bahamas. Like good reporters, we attempted to find this camp, and were eventually successful. This was done during Saturday morning's "Into the Night" show at around the 1:53:00:

MP3 file: http://pokerfraudalert.com/radio/drexel-2016-02-06-02-45-00.mp3

This caused the original poster on 2+2 (who is still anonymous) to freak out. He claims that he has been working with human rights organizations for the past 4 years to get this camp shut down, and that our phone call with aggressive questioning is going to cause some refugees to get badly beaten. He especially took issue with the fact that Colonel Fabersham told them that he was contacted by a prisoner inside the camp, thus violating the "no phones" policy there. So he thinks they will look for the person that contacted the good colonel, and beat people until they find out.

Quote Originally Posted by PCA_Refugee
    New thread to get attention faster so it doesn't get lost and because this is so fucked up. Just copying and pasting what I put there:

ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE HOSTS OF POKER FRAUD ALERT RADIO CONTACT THEM ASAP AND GIVE THEM THIS MESSAGE!!!!!!

They didn't believe that there was a refugee camp in the Bahamas so they made phone calls until they found out about it, and they prank called it, the actual place I was at, Carmichael Detention Centre. The person who called from the radio show said "I received a phone call from someone in there who said the conditions in there were despicable" and listed a bunch of things from the OP that only someone who has been there or IS there would know. I said right in the OP that phones are confiscated before going in. They are literally the worst thing someone could possibly sneak in there.

Refugees there have been beaten, tortured and worse by guards for being suspected of having smuggled phones in.

People have died there. Guards have been suspected of killing people there. Phones are the ABSOLUTE WORST THING SOMEONE CAN HAVE INSIDE THERE. And as a joke, these guys called and said they received a phone call from someone there. This is incredibly fucked up and I feel sick right now. I don't know what I can possibly say or do. There's nothing that the hosts can do to make this better now.

Someone send them this message, and tell them to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just not discuss anything to do with this anymore. This isn't a joke, or a fictional story. I stayed anonymous for a reason, I left out details for a reason, and for the sake of entertainment the hosts tried to investigate the things I left out and inadvertently said the worst thing they could have said. So fucking beyond irresponsible.

I talked to the United Nations and human rights groups extensively FOR A REASON. This is a fucking real and terrible place and everything I said is real, and I just posted an article linked to the refugee camp today that describes it as Bahamas Auschwitz and a literal concentration camp AND THIS IS ALL FUCKING REAL FUCKING LIFE.

Here is the call these guys made, the Feb 06 episode:

(link to show)

I'm really not sure if a worse thing could have been done or happened than this. One of my exact fears from posting was related to phones in the refugee camp and the safety of the refugees, and I purposely left out information and will not elaborate on it, but this is literally the worst and most unprecedented thing I could think of happening from posting my thread.

If I would have predicted something like this I would have never posted because the safety and lives of people there far outweighs anything that could possibly happen to poker players in all of this.

I posted to try and prevent bad things from happening to other poker players, and hoped in the off chance some person or organization would get word of the story so I could do some benefit for the refugees because ever since it happened I always have felt like maybe I didn't do enough to try and help when I got back or could have helped more, because the place still exists to this day and functions like it did.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...8/index27.html

Comments

Shizzmoney: PCA refugee rep

Load Metric
    Druff you're fat free mort

Load Metric
    you seem weirdly pleased with this druff.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Background: A new account showed up on 2+2 and posted the following story about being forced into a Bahamian refugee camp after attempting to sneak extra cash on a flight to the US from the Pokerstars PCA: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...h-refugee-camp ... Note that this story supposedly took place in 2012, despite being posted on February 2, 2016.

Brandon read the story and doubted its veracity, stating that he couldn't find any evidence of a refugee camp existing in Nassua, Bahamas. Like good reporters, we attempted to find this camp, and were eventually successful. This was done during Saturday morning's "Into the Night" show at around the 1:53:00:

MP3 file: http://pokerfraudalert.com/radio/drexel-2016-02-06-02-45-00.mp3

This caused the original poster on 2+2 (who is still anonymous) to freak out. He claims that he has been working with human rights organizations for the past 4 years to get this camp shut down, and that our phone call with aggressive questioning is going to cause some refugees to get badly beaten. He especially took issue with the fact that Colonel Fabersham told them that he was contacted by a prisoner inside the camp, thus violating the "no phones" policy there. So he thinks they will look for the person that contacted the good colonel, and beat people until they find out.

Quote Originally Posted by PCA_Refugee
    New thread to get attention faster so it doesn't get lost and because this is so fucked up. Just copying and pasting what I put there:

ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE HOSTS OF POKER FRAUD ALERT RADIO CONTACT THEM ASAP AND GIVE THEM THIS MESSAGE!!!!!!

They didn't believe that there was a refugee camp in the Bahamas so they made phone calls until they found out about it, and they prank called it, the actual place I was at, Carmichael Detention Centre. The person who called from the radio show said "I received a phone call from someone in there who said the conditions in there were despicable" and listed a bunch of things from the OP that only someone who has been there or IS there would know. I said right in the OP that phones are confiscated before going in. They are literally the worst thing someone could possibly sneak in there.

Refugees there have been beaten, tortured and worse by guards for being suspected of having smuggled phones in.

People have died there. Guards have been suspected of killing people there. Phones are the ABSOLUTE WORST THING SOMEONE CAN HAVE INSIDE THERE. And as a joke, these guys called and said they received a phone call from someone there. This is incredibly fucked up and I feel sick right now. I don't know what I can possibly say or do. There's nothing that the hosts can do to make this better now.

Someone send them this message, and tell them to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just not discuss anything to do with this anymore. This isn't a joke, or a fictional story. I stayed anonymous for a reason, I left out details for a reason, and for the sake of entertainment the hosts tried to investigate the things I left out and inadvertently said the worst thing they could have said. So fucking beyond irresponsible.

I talked to the United Nations and human rights groups extensively FOR A REASON. This is a fucking real and terrible place and everything I said is real, and I just posted an article linked to the refugee camp today that describes it as Bahamas Auschwitz and a literal concentration camp AND THIS IS ALL FUCKING REAL FUCKING LIFE.

Here is the call these guys made, the Feb 06 episode:

(link to show)

I'm really not sure if a worse thing could have been done or happened than this. One of my exact fears from posting was related to phones in the refugee camp and the safety of the refugees, and I purposely left out information and will not elaborate on it, but this is literally the worst and most unprecedented thing I could think of happening from posting my thread.

If I would have predicted something like this I would have never posted because the safety and lives of people there far outweighs anything that could possibly happen to poker players in all of this.

I posted to try and prevent bad things from happening to other poker players, and hoped in the off chance some person or organization would get word of the story so I could do some benefit for the refugees because ever since it happened I always have felt like maybe I didn't do enough to try and help when I got back or could have helped more, because the place still exists to this day and functions like it did.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...8/index27.html

Comments

4Dragons: clive the thread saver

Load Metric
    That feels preeeettyyy correct henri

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not pleased, I just think the hysteria is comical.

1) I claimed to be calling on behalf of a Canadian, and there were no Canadians there. So they literally have no one to blame.

2) They aren't just going to pick randoms out of hundreds of people in the camp and beat them for a phone which doesn't exist.

3) They can't expect the conditions of the camp to be a secret, because many people (including the 2+2 OP) have been released, and can obviously tell their stories once safely in their home country. So it's not like I called up there and revealed I knew some huge secret.

4) The guard who answered the phone is probably lazy, and isn't looking to start a huge inquisition over one phone call about a prisoner who didn't exist.

5) If anything, our phone call might have helped matters, because they will release that outsiders are now onto what's going on there, and they might get worried and clean things up. But let's be honest here -- nothing is going to happen either way.

Load Metric
    Sick list bro

Comments

Muck Ficon: :noose

Banned
    Load Metric
    This pisses me off. This all came about because a radio host was being fucking retarded. What sane man would doubt the veracity of an old story involving multiple people? He really thought they all got together and made it up. DanDruff was once again placating to this diva radio host and now real people and families are destroyed because of it. The most infuriating part was if this host had a bit smarts he would have never doubted the veracity of this story and DanDruff would have never had to go along with it to be nice.

I'm not going to say that this guy knew his actions would cause men, women, and children to have their limbs chopped off and to be disemboweled. Even though I've heard of much worse punishments in Caribbean Refugee camps for infractions far less than smuggling cell phones.

RIP to the dead first and foremost!!! Heartfelt wishes for speedy recoveries AND hasty releases of the survivors.

Comments

Hockey Guy: "limbs chopped off and to be disemboweled" rep

Load Metric
    Druff with a nice long con with his newest 4 dupe "PCA_refugee" drawing pageviews to PFA radio.

Comments

Dan Druff: shhhhh

Hockey Guy: Now that would be hilarious.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Raymers Shorts View Post
    This pisses me off. This all came about because a radio host was being fucking retarded. What sane man would doubt the veracity of an old story involving multiple people? He really thought they all got together and made it up. DanDruff was once again placating to this diva radio host and now real people and families are destroyed because of it. The most infuriating part was if this host had a bit smarts he would have never doubted the veracity of this story and DanDruff would have never had to go along with it to be nice.

I'm not going to say that this guy knew his actions would cause men, women, and children to have their limbs chopped off and to be disemboweled. Even though I've heard of much worse punishments in Caribbean Refugee camps for infractions far less than smuggling cell phones.

RIP to the dead first and foremost!!! Heartfelt wishes for speedy recoveries AND hasty releases of the survivors.

Comments

Greg Raymers Shorts: There are men wishing they had the hands to make one of those right now.

Henry: I, for one, question Druff's judgement after seeing "Greg Raymer's Shorts" post. I mean, how does that sn make it through the approval process. Not a good look.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Druff with a nice long con with his newest 4 dupe "PCA_refugee" drawing pageviews to PFA radio.

I can see how you would think that but this one is real.

Comments

Henry: Worst screenname since Brittney Griner's Clit. And at least that guy has his social maladjustment disorder to blame, as well as other various extreme disabilities.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not sure why this guy is so pissed. He wanted to get his story out there and now is talking in some manner as if he's actually returning to the PCA every year after all of this shit happened to him which in that case he's a idiot for doing so.

The guy also is panicking as if nobody has ever called the refugee camp asking questions about the conditions there but clearly that isn't the case since the people who answered the phone were well trained in what answers to say on the phone to questions regarding this matter.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Comments

4Dragons: aprops

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So this is another Sonatine dupe then??

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    So this is another Sonatine dupe then??

None of my dupes are this awkward or try this hard.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

You don't get it. First they take the poker players and put them in a refugee camp, then they take the video poker people and lastly they eliminate a dying breed and place all the keno players playing 6 spots in there? So you're basically condoning a holocaust of gamblers in a feces laden yard with only a spicket to drink from?

Comments

hotshott74: LOL'd

IAmProfessionalTalk: not a bad idea tbh

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

You don't get it. First they take the poker players and put them in a refugee camp, then they take the video poker people and lastly they eliminate a dying breed and place all the keno players playing 6 spots in there? So you're basically condoning a holocaust of gamblers in a feces laden yard with only a spicket to drink from?

I didn't mean to get emotional with my post. I don't think you hurt people on purpose. You need to understand that I'm a big fan of Pras and all the Refugee Camp All Stars so my heart strings are pulled tightly whenever I hear of these atrocities.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

First they came for the PCA players. I didn't speak up because I never went to the PCA, since site=joke.

Then they came for the live cash players. I didn't speak up because I stopped playing live cash, and those miserable Commerce people probably deserve it anyway.

Then they came for the casino pit players. I didn't speak up because those -EV gambling saps were already headed for ruin.

Then they came for me. And there was no one left to speak up.

Comments

Jayjami: Learning from your people's past and not wanting to end up in an oven rep.

rum dick: rofl...well played well played

IAmProfessionalTalk: n1

Muck Ficon: LOL

IamGreek: Perfect

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, this is nothing that a call to the Refugee Camp Help Desk won't fix.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

First they came for the PCA players. I didn't speak up because I never went to the PCA, since site=joke.

Then they came for the live cash players. I didn't speak up because I stopped playing live cash, and those miserable Commerce people probably deserve it anyway.

Then they came for the casino pit players. I didn't speak up because those -EV gambling saps were already headed for ruin.

Then they came for me. And there was no one left to speak up.

Aristotle eat your heart out!

Thread Information