Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Las Vegas Legal Marijuana Thread***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    correct me if im wrong but between 1/3 to 1/2 that 350k gross would be going to the electric bill, no?
    If done right and depending on kwh cost he'd probably be in the $3,500 per month range.

Comments

sonatine: word i was super off base

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    correct me if im wrong but between 1/3 to 1/2 that 350k gross would be going to the electric bill, no?
    If done right and depending on kwh cost he'd probably be in the $3,500 per month range.
    Can LEDs be used to reduce this cost?
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Of course. The problem is LED's initially cost 5x as much as HPS (or more, the best commercial units are 6-7x). So 30k turns into 150-200k rather quickly.

Electricity use is FAR down the list in terms of things to worry about. It is nothing in the overall scheme of things. The bigger concern is someone thinking they are just going to jump into an industry they have no experience in and actually make money before the 3 year mark. Because they aren't.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Of course. The problem is LED's initially cost 5x as much as HPS (or more, the best commercial units are 6-7x). So 30k turns into 150-200k rather quickly.

Electricity use is FAR down the list in terms of things to worry about. It is nothing in the overall scheme of things. The bigger concern is someone thinking they are just going to jump into an industry they have no experience in and actually make money before the 3 year mark. Because they aren't.
    Well put. I will also add that LED is not nearly as effective as HPS. The cannabinoid and terpene profile under LED lights is usually significantly less than the same strain grown under HPS, also less dense. You can grow good weed under LED, but when you need to separate yourself from the competition you are basically giving your competition a head start.

And Baron, apologies for coming off so harsh in my last post to you, but holy fuck you can be one annoying mother fucker. You clearly don't understand the message I was trying to convey, and seeing you try to throw down some sort of lecture when it comes to something you know nothing about is painful to the eyes. We are talking about a state that is about to go through the licensing phase of distributing medical marijuana licenses. Please enlighten me on your experience with that... Your business experience means squadush when it comes to this. So you know, it is a proven fact to anyone that is knowledgeable of this industry that lawyers, lobbyists and so called consultants clean up over this period. Why? Because dumbasses with money and no experience in the industry think they are going to make a fortune if they obtain one of those coveted licenses, and obtaining those licenses usually comes at a very high cost that involves playing politics (lobbyists), hiring someone to understand the regulations (lawyers), and bringing on an "expert in the field" to help write the applications and run the business (consultants).

Also, I'm not going to go into detail as to why your friends will be throwing away money if they are trying to get into the concentrates game... I'm simply trying to let you know that $35k doesn't even scratch the surface of what you will need to enter the market place and create products that will see success. I've spent the better part of the last 3 years living the legal cannabis industry 24/7. You have no idea the amount of work its taken to get to this point, and frankly, I know this sounds douchey, but the knowledge that you are looking for is worth a lot of $$. You want expert advice then you have to pay for expert advice... You asked for friendly advice and as a friend on this board that is what I gave you. And what thanks do I get?... Some ridiculous high horse lecture from you. Weaksauce.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Beyond the pragmatic concerns, you are also beholden to regulatory standards for what I assume will be regarded as food-quality contamination concerns, as well as OSHA regulations regarding working with flammable substances. So everything from lab physical dimensions ($) to materials to fire suppression systems ($) will have to be researched ($) and purchased ($$) and deployed ($$$) and inspected for compliance regularly ($$$$).
    There are a number of outfits in the lower mainland who are all set up and ready to go with cultivation, but so far no production as they are waiting for... "inspected for compliance regularly ($$$$)" and then there are the masses who have been doing this for decades. as there was no regulation back then they were left on there own to self regulate which we all know is NOT IDEAL but necessary for some one in the busness. many tried and failed and some with the right stuff and talent were able to ink out a healthy return for there investment, fast forward 30yrs and here we are with regulation, pomp and circumstance were all the fat cats want a piece of the pie.
    Our friends mostly want to keep on grinding as usual with some small changes, they already have a excellent closed distribution network that works quite well for them, they do not for see this changing in the coming months to regulation. the reason for the extraction lol as they have been storing the keef from the leaves and have quite a wall of bricks that has very little value around here, but change this into oil etc what ever the favourite flavour is could solve there predicament.

below are some co2 extraction machines, not sure the cost but if it can be used for there product it could be worth its weight in gold.

what ever machine they decide upon i understand it is common practice for a rep from the company could assist with set up and training for a fee.

"super critical"
    https://www.edenlabs.com/extraction-equipment/co2

The Hi-flo system can be used with a 5hp compressor! No need for 3-phase. This can save thousands of dollars in energy bills. Also uses a high-tech air-drive liquid CO2 pump that is virtually maintenance free. An electric drive pump is also available--it is extra quiet and uses even less energy.
    Hi-Flo™ Model
    2x20L FX2
    2x100L
    3x2000L
    Maximum Extraction Pressure
    5000 psi
    5000 psi
    5000 psi
    Approximate Load Capacity*
    20 pounds
    100 pounds
    3000 pounds
    Extraction Run Time
    4 - 6 hours
    3 - 4 hours
    4.5 - 6 hours
    Average Percent Yield
    15 - 20%
    15 - 20%
    15 - 20%
    Dimensions
    (L x W x H)
    21' x 6' x 10'
    15' x 6' x 12'
    60' x 40' x 30'

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    First off, LOL at a 5hp compressor and worth its weigh in gold. This machine will be running 24/7 and producing minimal weight.

So here is a question for you, and this should give you some sort of hint as to what I'm getting at. Do you think this is the only piece of equipment needed to produce an end product? And what is the end product going to be? I'll even throw you a hint... You need a lot more fucking equipment. The extractor is just the start. And you are also answering a lot of your questions yourself without realizing your answering your own questions. This is going to be a highly regulated market. You think they are going to survive using shit equipment when they're up against professionals using robust commercial grade equipment with multi million dollar build outs? I get that they are running a business like a collective, but those days will soon be over.

I just love the fact that everyone thinks this is so simple. There is so much that goes into it. The fact that your friends have a bunch of trim sitting around that they think they are going to immediately turn into a viable product is hilarious and all too common.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 02-14-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hardeight View Post

Interesting I never thought of that , Yes in A nutshell that how it is going to be, Large growing sites would be 25,000 sq ft and A one time expansion of 50,000sq ft and small growing operators 3,000 sq ft and A one time expansion 6000 sq feet

I am going for A small operation aka cultivator 2 license. I dont have the bankroll or backing for the cultivator 1 license.
    How many of these 3,000 Sq foot grows will be allowed as opposed to the 25,000? 3,000 is very little, barely enough to stock one dispensaries shelves regularly. At best you will get 60% canopy space, so that will equate to about 1,800 Sq feet. At best you could dedicate 1,000 of that to flowers and that would be tough. Your strain selection will be minimal because you won't have the space for moms, so that means you better damn well come with some ridiculous genetics with the few phenos you will have... So, with 1,000 Sq feet of flower space I estimate with everything going smoothly and you hitting 2lbs per light you're looking at about 350 lbs of flower per year. If you can average $2,000 a lb you're at $700k a year max gross. Of course you won't come close to max, it's very rare from the start. I would take that number and cut it in half.
    Yeah we figured it would be rocky at first to get going , We have A three person team, The hope would be to expand to the 6k sq ft maybe after A year or so, judge the market ? , The intial number was 18 cultivators 12 large and 6 small. They keep proposing things and changing, the final rules roll out on may 6th. They just proposed making it 40 for the state. Now they are saying they may go up to 60. But the kicker is they only want a certain amount of licenses per sector. They haven't annoucned the breakdown to my knowledge ,They broke the state into 4 zones. so if they do 40 10 per zone. LIke I said its a long shot but We are going to take the shot, We are hoping the local city we want to operate gives us the thumbs up soon , option 2 would be to do it in a rural suburb with little city goverment Its allot of legal jargon it will be interesting to see the final rules.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

If I got in we will be using HPS as we already have all the equipment we need in michigan or at least the vast majority of it

Load Metric

How many of these 3,000 Sq foot grows will be allowed as opposed to the 25,000? 3,000 is very little, barely enough to stock one dispensaries shelves regularly. At best you will get 60% canopy space, so that will equate to about 1,800 Sq feet. At best you could dedicate 1,000 of that to flowers and that would be tough. Your strain selection will be minimal because you won't have the space for moms, so that means you better damn well come with some ridiculous genetics with the few phenos you will have... So, with 1,000 Sq feet of flower space I estimate with everything going smoothly and you hitting 2lbs per light you're looking at about 350 lbs of flower per year. If you can average $2,000 a lb you're at $700k a year max gross. Of course you won't come close to max, it's very rare from the start. I would take that number and cut it in half.
    Yeah we figured it would be rocky at first to get going , We have A three person team, The hope would be to expand to the 6k sq ft maybe after A year or so, judge the market ? , The intial number was 18 cultivators 12 large and 6 small. They keep proposing things and changing, the final rules roll out on may 6th. They just proposed making it 40 for the state. Now they are saying they may go up to 60. But the kicker is they only want a certain amount of licenses per sector. They haven't annoucned the breakdown to my knowledge ,They broke the state into 4 zones. so if they do 40 10 per zone. LIke I said its a long shot but We are going to take the shot, We are hoping the local city we want to operate gives us the thumbs up soon , option 2 would be to do it in a rural suburb with little city goverment Its allot of legal jargon it will be interesting to see the final rules.
    I wish you luck man. If you ever have any questions feel free to message me. It's probably going to change 20 more times till these dummies figure out what regs they want to roll with. The best model for cultivation from a regulatory standpoint is don't cap it. What your fellow Ohio folk fail to realize is if they oversee the industry the way they are supposed to and hold everyone to typical building code and clean room standards, only about 30% to 40% will actually reach the finish line.

The 12 large and 6 small is possibly the dumbest idea for a roll out I've heard yet...lol

Is chronic pain on the list of acceptable ailments? How are cards being issued in Ohio?

Load Metric

I wish you luck man. If you ever have any questions feel free to message me. It's probably going to change 20 more times till these dummies figure out what regs they want to roll with. The best model for cultivation from a regulatory standpoint is don't cap it. What your fellow Ohio folk fail to realize is if they oversee the industry the way they are supposed to and hold everyone to typical building code and clean room standards, only about 30% to 40% will actually reach the finish line.

The 12 large and 6 small is possibly the dumbest idea for a roll out I've heard yet...lol

Is chronic pain on the list of acceptable ailments? How are cards being issued in Ohio?
    Thanks Vegas I will reach out if I have any questions, I agree with you But Ohio always does shit ass backwards,

The cards are 50 each and you have to go to the doctor etc. At first they didnt list chronic pain but after the public submitted there input they have added Chronic pain.

Load Metric

Thanks Vegas I will reach out if I have any questions, I agree with you But Ohio always does shit ass backwards,

The cards are 50 each and you have to go to the doctor etc. At first they didnt list chronic pain but after the public submitted there input they have added Chronic pain.
    Do you know who actually issues the cards? Meaning will they give them to you directly at the doctor's office like in California or will it be sent by a state agency?

Load Metric

Do you know who actually issues the cards? Meaning will they give them to you directly at the doctor's office like in California or will it be sent by a state agency?
    its handled by the state agency , the board of Pharmacy , I believe you get the doc recomendation then send in your paperowrk to the state. Another stupid thing there doing is no smokeable form will be avaiable to patients. Big LOL on that one. I could see that rule being changed quickly

Load Metric
    Vegas you arrogant ass hole lol you are so full of shit with your LOL 3 yrs of experience. If you read my first post i never addressed you spisificaly for advice albiet i would have appreciated some interesting info from you but your not the only person on this forum with the info i was requesting. also you dumb self centred fuck if you had taken the time to read my post i did say...
    he realizes that the units cost for the production he wants to do is 35k +.
    so explain were i said the total cost will be 35k? also i NEVER asked for how much it would cost for this endevour i just asked for advice regarding which product was good and reliable. so take your stupid comments and shove them up your stupid fat ass.
    if you were not able or willing to provide some thing productive advice you shouldn't have commented on my post.

I can imagine if you have employees they must fucking despise you as you have always been a ASS HOLE and always will be.

i suspect things aren't going so well for you.

Comments

dick: lol he's a faggot
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

its handled by the state agency , the board of Pharmacy , I believe you get the doc recomendation then send in your paperowrk to the state. Another stupid thing there doing is no smokeable form will be avaiable to patients. Big LOL on that one. I could see that rule being changed quickly
    Actually that's a standard regulation that a lot of the state's back east are adopting. PA and NY have the same thing. I would not plan on that changing anytime soon. It's one more reason why it is going to be a major challenge to be profitable for the first couple of years. People have no clue about concentrates and it will take a long time for the majority to shift from the black market flower over the the legal markets concentrates. People are sentimental about their flower, and honestly, the majority of the concentrates that will be produced over the first year will not be able to compete. The quality will not be there, and also, most concentrates don't have a good terpene profile and taste very different from flower. It's a totally different form of medicine that takes a lot of getting used to.

Telling you, there's going to be a lot of failed endeavours in Ohio.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Vegas you arrogant ass hole lol you are so full of shit with your LOL 3 yrs of experience. If you read my first post i never addressed you spisificaly for advice albiet i would have appreciated some interesting info from you but your not the only person on this forum with the info i was requesting. also you dumb self centred fuck if you had taken the time to read my post i did say...
    he realizes that the units cost for the production he wants to do is 35k +.
    so explain were i said the total cost will be 35k? also i NEVER asked for how much it would cost for this endevour i just asked for advice regarding which product was good and reliable. so take your stupid comments and shove them up your stupid fat ass.
    if you were not able or willing to provide some thing productive advice you shouldn't have commented on my post.

I can imagine if you have employees they must fucking despise you as you have always been a ASS HOLE and always will be.

i suspect things aren't going so well for you.
    LOL...

You asked for advice in a thread that I started, so to me that is asking for advice. All good.

You're totally right though... all of my employees despise me, and we are failing miserably. FML.

Have a nice life Baron, you won't see anymore responses from me to you. I think we've proven over the years that we just don't get along, which is perfectly fine. I'm sure you're a nice guy in real life I sincerely wish you and your friends the best of luck.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Sounds like things are getting Spicy...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...ndroid-verizon

Load Metric
    yeah its best this be discussed in earnest here, not the trump thread.

tl;dr it looks bad but we shouldnt forget that a) 75% of the population doesnt want the federal gov to crack the whip on states that voted to legalize rec. weed, and b) ask the same question to trump, spicer, and sessions and youll get 3 different answers.

that said....

the second the russia narrative starts to take root in the GOP, expect jack booted thugs to breach windows and walls of every grow house and pot shop in the contiguous united states.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    RITTIMAN: I want to drill down on a couple of Colorado issues.
    Chris Christie was one of the first sort of establishment guys to really jump in with both feet for you. He gets talked about as a possible AG pick, but he was also the only presidential candidate who was campaigning saying he would use federal authority to shut down sales of recreational marijuana in states like Colorado.

TRUMP: Yeah, I wouldn’t do it, no.

RITTIMAN: You wouldn’t let hime?

TRUMP: No.

RITTIMAN: Even if you picked him as AG?

TRUMP: Well you’re asking me. I wouldn’t do that, no.

RITTIMAN: You think Colorado should be able to do what it’s doing.

TRUMP: I think it’s up to the states, yeah. I’m a states person. I think it should be up to the states, absolutely.

http://www.9news.com/mb/news/local/p...ript/284502526

Load Metric
    Chris Christie was one of the first sort of establishment guys to really jump in with both feet for you. He gets talked about as a possible AG pick, but he was also the only presidential candidate who was campaigning saying he would use federal authority to shut down sales of recreational marijuana in states like Colorado.

TRUMP: I think it’s up to the states, yeah. I’m a states person. I think it should be up to the states, absolutely.

204 days old. pretty sure he also said he was getting rid over obamacare and building a wall.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

If

204 days old. pretty sure he also said he was getting rid over obamacare and building a wall.

A few months before that he was talking about how great Canada and Scotland's health care was. Honestly, I hope it works out, but what he has said is of little relevance when he's rolling 50 deep with Christian Dominion assholes behind him. If I was rolling 50 deep with OSAs behind me telling you I was straight, you believe me?

For the life of me, watching pro-weed enthusiasts here fist pump Trump's victory and them not noticing the law and order reefer madness types fist pumping even harder right next to them was simply amazing to me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

If

A few months before that he was talking about how great Canada and Scotland's health care was. Honestly, I hope it works out, but what he has said is of little relevance when he's rolling 50 deep with Christian Dominion assholes behind him. If I was rolling 50 deep with OSAs behind me telling you I was straight, you believe me?

For the life of me, watching pro-weed enthusiasts here fist pump Trump's victory and them not noticing the law and order reefer madness types fist pumping even harder right next to them was simply amazing to me.
    LOL... I missed that. Not one person I know in the industry was happy about his victory. Who are these naive enthusiasts you speak of?

Thread Information