Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Las Vegas Legal Marijuana Thread***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i expect 35k is a dew drop in the ocean compared to what hes going to have to spend on a proper lab and insurance.
    35k is not near enough to run a proper co2 and butane lab. A decent co2 extractor alone will cost 140k, and that's a small unit. Good butane setup is 50k min. This is just for the equipment. You need 500k min to do it right.
    ok thanks for the info i guess is a bit vague "A decent co2 extractor alone will cost 140k" so 140k for the unit and.... ? the extra costs (consumables and materials) are what they are interested in assuming you are a expert in this.
    a "Laboratory and insurance" is not a concern in this case.

I have a lot of respect for you Vegas and hoped you would have provided some interesting and thought provoking input but you snap post a ridiculous number 500k lol. I would think these fellows have been producing for as long and longer as i have known them around 28 yrs, we all randomly met during a week long helisking trip in Revelstoke BC.
    they have never thought about one of these units till recently. as very soon Canada will be country wide Legal weed so far as most people know and are trying to diversify some what.

most likely they will buy a unit and reverse engineer it and build there own to suit there needs.
    the 35k number was the price i herd for a fairly small unit. they will be going to this show in Seattle soon and i am sure will get the low down.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 02-13-2017 at 12:29 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hardeight View Post
    I am thinking of applying for the Ohio cultivator license when they open up. Since they are limiting the number of licenses probably A longshot but worth applying
    From my understanding they are doing 40 dispensaries, 40 cultivation and 40 production. Meaning: they want everyone to be vertically integrated, which has proven to be a horrible model. If I could get a license in Ohio, which I think is going to be a cluster fuck, I would get it and park it and wouldn't give a fuck at all when the state threatens revocation for lack of moving forward, cause in the end, they never enforce it. Sit on that shit and let the market play out and watch all the dead bodies fall. People are going to lose their ass there dude, trust me on this. The only people that will make money the first couple years will be lawyers and lobbyists.
    this talk about lawyers and lobbyists is quite troubling, implying that the small scale producing outfits will be crushed by the goons with the deep pockets and are willing to bribe there way into the biz. not a good start IMO.

As far as i know when you get permission to use pot for medicinal use you are eligible to grow or have some one grow for you there are quite a few outfits who will obtain a large number of these "licences to grow for individual use" and grow for these people and sell off the unused bits to the growing number of pot shops in vancouver.

Vegas you seem very concerned about money and who's going to make it and how much it will cost.

I have been in a family business my whole life I never once herd a concern about making money only about quality of the product that was being produced and how to improve it efficiently. we on purpose never grew our company to big that we need a large staff. we remained small and diversified, moved to Canada when some opportunities presented them selves. NOT because we are a large company but we stand behind what we do at the highest quality what ever the cost, profit or loss. our first year in Canada we recorded a net loss of 130k and continued to leak funds for another 2 yrs. I never lost a seconds sleep over it and stayed loyal to my small group of employees and they in reciprocated when things turned around and some long hours had to be worked to meet our deadlines.
    so Vegas a little advice for you being new business owner.... try to be humble. being a big shot is a douchy look... unless your c$ he seems to pull it off.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 02-13-2017 at 01:07 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    As far as i know

NooooOOOOPE. All that shit is state to state. I'm in Washington where I can buy weed anywhere for any reason whenever I want but literally cant grow a single plant without a medical card.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As far as i know

NooooOOOOPE. All that shit is state to state. I'm in Washington where I can buy weed anywhere for any reason whenever I want but literally cant grow a single plant without a medical card.
    And watch out in Puyallop or Renton as it is lilegal to smell your choice du jour prior to puurchase.

And I'm not that far away......what's goin on down there? Sumpin up?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

And watch out in Puyallop or Renton as it is lilegal to smell your choice du jour prior to puurchase.

And I'm not that far away......what's goin on down there? Sumpin up?

You know, I was pricing houses in VC and the Chinese just totally chased me out of the market.

Also my dad smoked me out with some Jack Herer and I'm just going to have to ride that shit into the sunset unless someone comes up off some actual pure Chocolate Thai one of these days.

Can you drive down to north Seattle? Solomon's leaving town soon and we should all get higher than the first apes who ate the magic mushrooms and discovered self.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

35k is not near enough to run a proper co2 and butane lab. A decent co2 extractor alone will cost 140k, and that's a small unit. Good butane setup is 50k min. This is just for the equipment. You need 500k min to do it right.
    ok thanks for the info i guess is a bit vague "A decent co2 extractor alone will cost 140k" so 140k for the unit and.... ? the extra costs (consumables and materials) are what they are interested in assuming you are a expert in this.
    a "Laboratory and insurance" is not a concern in this case.

I have a lot of respect for you Vegas and hoped you would have provided some interesting and thought provoking input but you snap post a ridiculous number 500k lol. I would think these fellows have been producing for as long and longer as i have known them around 28 yrs, we all randomly met during a week long helisking trip in Revelstoke BC.
    they have never thought about one of these units till recently. as very soon Canada will be country wide Legal weed so far as most people know and are trying to diversify some what.

most likely they will buy a unit and reverse engineer it and build there own to suit there needs.
    the 35k number was the price i herd for a fairly small unit. they will be going to this show in Seattle soon and i am sure will get the low down.
    If you want turn an ounce of organic material to oil, you can do it with a can of butane, plastic pill box, coffee filter, needle and a drinking glass. Your necessary safety precautions are opening the window and not smoking while running the butane trough the organic material.

If you want turn a pound of organic material to oil you have to start worrying about ventilation, explosions and fires. Anything leaking or sparking with your setup might lead to a miserable death. This is pretty much why the cost goes up exponentially at a certain point.

Setup for 5 pounds really isn't that much cheaper than a setup for 50 pounds. It's the safety part that creates a certain floor for commercial operations even before worrying about yield and impurities. The laboratory part is tied to all of them and at bare minimum it's a ventilated clean area with nothing that creates sparks.

But yeah Vegas and a few other posters can prolly give you better idea of everything you need.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: good info thanks

Load Metric
    Beyond the pragmatic concerns, you are also beholden to regulatory standards for what I assume will be regarded as food-quality contamination concerns, as well as OSHA regulations regarding working with flammable substances. So everything from lab physical dimensions ($) to materials to fire suppression systems ($) will have to be researched ($) and purchased ($$) and deployed ($$$) and inspected for compliance regularly ($$$$).

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: we need to have coffee some time

Load Metric
    If you're just looking into getting in the extract market you could look into solventless extracts. I would assume less competition and way less overhead/startup costs.

Rosin tech might be just some hipster fad that's going to be forgotten in a few years or it's here to stay. Either way the setup isn't really that costly and working out the few kinks to make it more efficient for commercial purposes might be worth a few coins.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: truthfully this is not my bag. but some close friends i have known for 30yrs

Load Metric
    Beyond the pragmatic concerns, you are also beholden to regulatory standards for what I assume will be regarded as food-quality contamination concerns, as well as OSHA regulations regarding working with flammable substances. So everything from lab physical dimensions ($) to materials to fire suppression systems ($) will have to be researched ($) and purchased ($$) and deployed ($$$) and inspected for compliance regularly ($$$$).
    There are a number of outfits in the lower mainland who are all set up and ready to go with cultivation, but so far no production as they are waiting for... "inspected for compliance regularly ($$$$)" and then there are the masses who have been doing this for decades. as there was no regulation back then they were left on there own to self regulate which we all know is NOT IDEAL but necessary for some one in the busness. many tried and failed and some with the right stuff and talent were able to ink out a healthy return for there investment, fast forward 30yrs and here we are with regulation, pomp and circumstance were all the fat cats want a piece of the pie.
    Our friends mostly want to keep on grinding as usual with some small changes, they already have a excellent closed distribution network that works quite well for them, they do not for see this changing in the coming months to regulation. the reason for the extraction lol as they have been storing the keef from the leaves and have quite a wall of bricks that has very little value around here, but change this into oil etc what ever the favourite flavour is could solve there predicament.

below are some co2 extraction machines, not sure the cost but if it can be used for there product it could be worth its weight in gold.

what ever machine they decide upon i understand it is common practice for a rep from the company could assist with set up and training for a fee.

"super critical"
    https://www.edenlabs.com/extraction-equipment/co2

The Hi-flo system can be used with a 5hp compressor! No need for 3-phase. This can save thousands of dollars in energy bills. Also uses a high-tech air-drive liquid CO2 pump that is virtually maintenance free. An electric drive pump is also available--it is extra quiet and uses even less energy.
    Hi-Flo™ Model
    2x20L FX2
    2x100L
    3x2000L
    Maximum Extraction Pressure
    5000 psi
    5000 psi
    5000 psi
    Approximate Load Capacity*
    20 pounds
    100 pounds
    3000 pounds
    Extraction Run Time
    4 - 6 hours
    3 - 4 hours
    4.5 - 6 hours
    Average Percent Yield
    15 - 20%
    15 - 20%
    15 - 20%
    Dimensions
    (L x W x H)
    21' x 6' x 10'
    15' x 6' x 12'
    60' x 40' x 30'

Name:  57561a1fbaacf4844744c31a_5L.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  897.6 KB
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 02-13-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    be sure to clean it before use, wouldnt want any of saddamns anthrax in your extracts.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: good idea this goes to the top of the list... for now

Load Metric
    Rosin press would likely get the job done for your friends. The whole setup would likely cost less than 5k. It requires more work than solvent based extractors and the end product wont be as refined as it would be with using butane (you lose some of terpenes ect.), but there's no safety hazards for running it or fucking it up any way other than those that are with every kind of press.

Basically few years ago it was found that with the right amount of heat and pressure applied for a very short period of time you can extract most of the oils out of the plant matter. No need to hassle with any solvents.

If i had a small warehouse filled with weed that's the method i would go for.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: Thought about this but the batches are too small thanks though

Load Metric
    I am thinking of applying for the Ohio cultivator license when they open up. Since they are limiting the number of licenses probably A longshot but worth applying
    From my understanding they are doing 40 dispensaries, 40 cultivation and 40 production. Meaning: they want everyone to be vertically integrated, which has proven to be a horrible model. If I could get a license in Ohio, which I think is going to be a cluster fuck, I would get it and park it and wouldn't give a fuck at all when the state threatens revocation for lack of moving forward, cause in the end, they never enforce it. Sit on that shit and let the market play out and watch all the dead bodies fall. People are going to lose their ass there dude, trust me on this. The only people that will make money the first couple years will be lawyers and lobbyists.
    Interesting I never thought of that , Yes in A nutshell that how it is going to be, Large growing sites would be 25,000 sq ft and A one time expansion of 50,000sq ft and small growing operators 3,000 sq ft and A one time expansion 6000 sq feet

I am going for A small operation aka cultivator 2 license. I dont have the bankroll or backing for the cultivator 1 license.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    i would like to hear more about this.

Nice to see you again, stick around.
    I still lurk the site and listen to the radio

they havent really posted the final rules yet and applications open in may

Gold
    Load Metric
    I am going to be in Vegas. Does this mean I need a medical card from somewhere to be able to buy weed in a storefront in Vegas?

I'd like to be fully weed legal and just go around smoking outside like a boss. Like don't even have to hide it.

Vegas1469, I wish you luck. Price of weed has been plummeting. Storefronts are where money will be made. In a year I doubt you'll be able to justify paying the same for your weed that you do now.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Do you happen to have a few million laying around with deep political connections in the area? If not then that long shot is.....zero point zero.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Rosin press would likely get the job done for your friends. The whole setup would likely cost less than 5k. It requires more work than solvent based extractors and the end product wont be as refined as it would be with using butane (you lose some of terpenes ect.), but there's no safety hazards for running it or fucking it up any way other than those that are with every kind of press.

Basically few years ago it was found that with the right amount of heat and pressure applied for a very short period of time you can extract most of the oils out of the plant matter. No need to hassle with any solvents.

If i had a small warehouse filled with weed that's the method i would go for.
    Say my name

Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Dear Baron,

Go fuck yourself. I'm constantly on the go, I barely have time to take a shit let alone answer you with a detailed explanation as to why your friends can't get into a profitable production facility with 35k. You know what, please tell them to move forward by all means. I'm sure they'll do great.

Also, I was explaining to someone trying to apply for a LICENSE in medical marijuana... that's a far cry from actually starting a business you dimwit. Im not explaining any further than that, feel free to figure it the fuck out on your own. Im trying to save this guy from losing his ass, which is all too common in this industry. Take your uppity business advice and shove it up your Canucklehead ass. You constantly read into shit incorrectly. Fuck off.

Comments

dick: smoke some weed and calm down faggot

Baron Von Strucker: smoking to much weed lol
    Last edited by vegas1369; 02-14-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Load Metric

Interesting I never thought of that , Yes in A nutshell that how it is going to be, Large growing sites would be 25,000 sq ft and A one time expansion of 50,000sq ft and small growing operators 3,000 sq ft and A one time expansion 6000 sq feet

I am going for A small operation aka cultivator 2 license. I dont have the bankroll or backing for the cultivator 1 license.
    How many of these 3,000 Sq foot grows will be allowed as opposed to the 25,000? 3,000 is very little, barely enough to stock one dispensaries shelves regularly. At best you will get 60% canopy space, so that will equate to about 1,800 Sq feet. At best you could dedicate 1,000 of that to flowers and that would be tough. Your strain selection will be minimal because you won't have the space for moms, so that means you better damn well come with some ridiculous genetics with the few phenos you will have... So, with 1,000 Sq feet of flower space I estimate with everything going smoothly and you hitting 2lbs per light you're looking at about 350 lbs of flower per year. If you can average $2,000 a lb you're at $700k a year max gross. Of course you won't come close to max, it's very rare from the start. I would take that number and cut it in half.

Comments

BCR: Iirc, they are going to issue 6 of the lesser licenses, 12
    Last edited by vegas1369; 02-14-2017 at 01:19 AM.

Load Metric
    correct me if im wrong but between 1/3 to 1/2 that 350k gross would be going to the electric bill, no?

edit: disregard its like $250 to run a single 1000w metal halide per year and you probably wont need more than 75, which is like $19k a year. plus im guessing its a tax deductible biz expense.
    Last edited by sonatine; 02-14-2017 at 01:19 AM.

Load Metric
    also based on what im seeing in washington, the power move there would be to wait for one of the licensed farms to start to fail then buy up their equipment + license for pennies on the dollar.

that said you would be competing with like, philip morris who will doubtless have the same plans but with literally infinite pockets.

Thread Information