Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I officially hate Dana White now

Load Metric
    The Rashad tangent is fundamentally ignorable.

Im hesitant to give CB a pass simply because hes always been pretty lackluster. But we will find out the bottom line with him soon enough Im sure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Im hesitant to give CB a pass simply because hes always been pretty lackluster. But we will find out the bottom line with him soon enough Im sure.
    Not for nothin but I've always kinda thought that the UFC was sorta willing to take Dollaway at least in the beginning to stay on good terms with his team i.e. Bader(who was supposed to be the next big thing at lhw) and Aaron Simpson(who was on a good roll until the losses to Leben and Munoz). I realize that he was a finalist on Tuf and he has had success in the UFC but I don't ever see him being a true main card fighter.

A bit off subject but I saw a tweet from Joe Rogan that Mike Brown retired. That's kinda sad because I found his fights to be really entertaining.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Not for nothin but I've always kinda thought that the UFC was sorta willing to take Dollaway at least in the beginning to stay on good terms with his team i.e. Bader(who was supposed to be the next big thing at lhw) and Aaron Simpson(who was on a good roll until the losses to Leben and Munoz). I realize that he was a finalist on Tuf and he has had success in the UFC but I don't ever see him being a true main card fighter.

A bit off subject but I saw a tweet from Joe Rogan that Mike Brown retired. That's kinda sad because I found his fights to be really entertaining.
    Just so long as Matt Brown keeps fighting I will be happy

Load Metric

Interesting, totally feasible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I will give you the GSP loss and even the Dolloway/Knee situation as mulligans, but honestly, based on the amount of shit talked to performance given in the Bisping fight ratio that would probably be enough. Guys can lose fights and keep their job, Dan Hardy is the prime example of this, but when you talk the amount of shit that Miller talks, Showboat like he does and then perform how he performs then it's time to be shown the door...
    At that rate Rashad should have been shown the door after phoning it in against Phil Davis and getting out classed by Jones.
    wtf? he beat an up and coming LHW prospect and lost to one of the top 5 p4p fighters in the world and is clearly a top 5 guy at 205 and somehow hes comparable to Dan Hardy? Every fight Rashad has is at the top level of 205, hes got a massiving collection of wins and a mixed bag of exciting fights, some great KO's and a few dull fights. Rashad is a lock in the UFC for awhile to come, how is his name even being discussed?

The only reason I can think of people caring so much about Miller is that he's a very charismatic guy, Dana wanted to punt him after the Bisping embarassment but because of fan support brought him back and gave him what is one of the most winnable UFC fights at 185. Miller has been given every opportunity to be a success in the UFC. I don't think the GSP or Bisping losses are bad ones but he wasnt even competitive in those fights and they were shitty. Dana will bring back guys who put on a good show in the ring, Miller is 0-3 in that regard in the UFC and tends to cause problems. If any other fighter other than Miller had these performances nobody would even notice or give a shit that he is gone. Fighters are consistently fighting injured, it's part of the game. How many excuses should give Miller a pass and another shot? If he wants to get back in the UFC he should do just what others guys do who get cut and find their way back, go to Bellator or another organization and work your way back. If Miller is a guy worthy of the UFC he will be able to work his way back. Him out of the UFC is a no brainer, he simply doesnt belong.

Dollaway deserved to be there at the beginning as he looked good in his season of TUF and had some decent early performances in the UFC, also an unquestionable wrestling background which often leads to future results. I don't think Dana is keeping fighters in the UFC to stay on good terms with guys. Do you really think Bader or Simpson would walk from the UFC or even question Dana if Dollaway were given his pink slip? Dollaway is just a decent gatekeeper in a somewhat thin 185lb division, thats why he's kept around...also to weed out hacks like Miller.
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 05-30-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Wait, he's a guy and his name is Dana?
    That's the only interesting point in this thread. What are his parents names?

Lily and Off?

Load Metric

Word is, mr brown has already realized that he had a very good showing, he's pretty healthy, and he may have jumped the gun on this.

Dude beat Urijah twice when nobody was beating Urijah, and was part of some of the best WEC shows of all time, which were also some of the best MMA shows of all time probably.

Load Metric
    DW has to much power. Hes a more polarizing figure then Druff. The guy tells so many lies you can't believe anything he says, but who the fuck cares about mayhem the guys awful stick to bully beatdown.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    uh they banned him for throwing shit at cb dollaway & corner while screaming at the NSAC staff backstage.

miller fucked himself out a job. yawn, next.

:chortle

Oh and welcome to NS, get yer butt to Halifax so we can go get some 10s.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Amazing how this vid. stays so low profile considering Dana's popularity.
    Pretty explosive revelations.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

I agree with you. Even though Dana White has given Mayem Miller some great opportunities (two fights plus TUF coaching job), I feel White went too far dissing then firing Miller after UFC 146.

Mayhem said he wanted to wear the military gas mask during his walkout to recognize the Troops. He was never told not to wear it until he started his walk to the ring. Why fuck with a fighter's focus moments before a fight? Anyway, Miller said he removed it and there was not a big commotion.

Miller almost won that fight against C. B. Dollaway. He hurt him twice with solid strikes. That one judge scored it 30-26 was a travesty. Unfortunately, Mayhem blew his knee out during training (Jason actually dropped to canvas when it gave way during fight) and could not neutralize Dollaway's excellent wrestling with only one good leg.

Dana White gave Dan Hardy chance after chance after chance even though Hardy kept losing. Mayhem Miller suffers two losses then gets fired. Not fair at all but Dana's the plantation overseer and rarely tolerates a UFC field hand who doesn't walk the straight and narrow.

Also, Mayem announced that he would retire if he couldn't defeat C. B. Dolaway. During the Ariel Helwani interview Jason admitted he 'retired' after the loss and seemed genuinely surprised when Ariel told him Dana had cut him. Jason dealt with it well and said he would pursue other 'adventures'.

I like Mayhem. He's funny, intelligent, irreverent and a very good fighter. His outlandish behavior sold that fight. No one showed up or tuned in to watch C. B. Dolaway.

More hypocrisy from Dana White:

UFC ring girl Arianny Celeste was arrested today in Las Vegas on domestic battery charges.

Celeste, real name Arianny Lopez, was brought in to the Clark County Detention Center at around 7:30 this morning. She was released later on $3000 bond. Celeste has not commented on her arrest yet.

UFC president Dana White told TMZ:

“Arianny is our baby. She has been with us for over five years. She is a good girl and an amazing ambassador for UFC. I don’t know all the details of what happened but we have her back and support her 100%.”

Source

Arrested with $3000 bond....Dana supports her 100%

Wear a pink boa.......You're fired!

Miller conceded in the post that I linked that he didnt ok the gas mask with the UFC staff which is expected when wearing anything out of the ordinary for a ring entrance. Dana commented on this today and stated that Miller was pretty verbally abusive with the staffer who asked him not to wear it and caused a big scene, in that interview Miller kinda seemed to downplay the incident and he didnt say there was no big commotion, he admitted he had a problem with it. Top that off with two very shitty fights, one which was totally embarrassing and there is no reason for Miller to stay in the UFC. Whether the incident happened or not Miller doesnt belong in the UFC, he hasnt had a single good perfomance there in his life and has been given a handful of fights. BTW - I love Miller, enjoyed him a ton on his season of TUF and think he's a great character but he simply isnt a good enough fighter to stay in the UFC 'almot beating CB Dollaway' is exactly what should get a fighter punted from the UFC after that embarrassing performance he put on against Bisping. Miller should move into commentary or try to line up some none related MMA type show, he's good tv, he just doesnt make any sense for the UFC to have in their organization.

Hardy is staying in the UFC because he's constantly involved in fight of the nights and has a winning UFC record, Miller has never won a single fight or been close to a fight of the night type performance. GSP mopped the floor with him when he was young in his career at 170, He was an absolute embarrassment against Bisping, had no gas and looked like something out of a tough man competition and he lost to CB Dollaway, fucking CB Dollaway. Can you think of any other UFC fighter who started their career with the promotion 0-3 and still had a roster spot? Especially after losing a fight to a guy who is lucky to be with the organization and will never be more than an undercard guy? Hardy has put on some terrific performances, knocked some solid competition out and most importantly he is great for the business and the UFC's push into England. CB is lucky to have a spot in on the roster still, anybody losing to him has no place in the UFC. If miller was to stay what the fuck do they even do with him? Who should he fight? Miller also has a history of causing problems in fight organization, he was the center of the live tv embarrassment with the Diaz bros, which he was suspended for and he had that horrible campaign to try to get a fight with Diaz. Dana seems to reward loyalty to the UFC, long term staff and fighters. I think him giving Arianny a pass on this is just fine, I don't even know how its comparable to wanting a problematic over the hill fighter at all.
    Actually, Mayem's explanation (during the Ariel Helwani interview) of the 'backstage BS' did reveal he felt it was not a big deal. Ariel had to push him for details. Also, it's clear Jason was more upset with the UFC rep fucking with his mindset during his walkout than with the military gas mask.

I agree his fight with Bisping was ugly but I understand Mayhem's explanation for his poor performance. He hadn't fought in the UFC for years plus hadn't competed anywhere in over a year so suffered a huge adrenaline dump. It happens to the best fighters. He did much better vs. Dollaway (almost KO'd him twice) but couldn't deal with C.B.'s wrestling with only one good leg.

I like Dan Hardy but I don't believe he had a winning record in the UFC before UFC 146. I think he was @.500. Anyway, my earlier point was after suffering four straight losses in the UFC, Dana White still booked 'The Outlaw' for UFC 146.

I agree with Sonatine about Mayhem's first UFC fight against GSP. That was ages ago and he did well vs. a beast. So that bout should not be figured into White's decision.

That leaves the adrenaline dump fiasco and the C.B. Dollaway fight. In my opinion it was hypocritical of White to cut Miller after two losses while giving Hardy a chance for his fifth loss in a row. It's as simple as that.

You said the more important reason Dana White kept four-losses-in-row Hardy in the UFC was because "he is great for the business". That may be true but it reveals White's hypocrisy because the same argument can be made for giving Mayhem Miller another chance.

Mayhem is a big draw, much bigger than Hardy (except in UK) and certainly bigger than C.B. Dollaway. Jason has a huge fan base. He brings viewers to the UFC. No one showed up or tuned in to that fight to watch C.B. Dollaway! They wanted to see Mayhem.

IMO, Miller is not 'over the hill'. I think he's only @31.

With the Arianny Celeste comment I was just giving another example of Dana White's hypocrisy. Her charge is much more serious than Mayhem Miller wearing a pink boa and losing two fights. Yet White announced his 100% support for her before knowing all the facts.

This following Dana's firing of black ring girl Chandella Powell for not divulging some nude modeling she did years ago. There's even more hypocrisy when you realize Arianny also posed nude.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The UFC really needs a fighter's union or something.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    My first thought when I saw that was what the hell is Allen Kessler doing talking to Dana White

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

Amazing how this vid. stays so low profile considering Dana's popularity.
    Pretty explosive revelations.
    WOW, thank you for that!

I lived in Boston most of my adult life, with 12 of those years spent in Southie. South Boston is a tight knit community where everyone knows everyone but I never recalled running across Dana White.

I hung out at boxing gyms, local taverns and the many private Southie social clubs (gambling outfits where you could play cards, place any sports bet, ponies, dogs, trotters, pull on a slot machine or just enjoy a cold beer). These joints were all controlled by or paid tribute to Whitey Bulger.

It was only when I saw that picture of a younger, thinner (with hair) photo of Dana that I recalled seeing that guy. I never knew him but I do recall seeing him. He was just another unprepossessing Southie kid.

White does tell the story that he was 'forced' to leave South Boston after a couple of Whitey's guys put the squeeze on him for protection money at Dana's small boxing gym.

There's no doubt Dana White's life is a Horatio Alger story. He has achieved great success from a very humble beginning. I know he's often been hypocritical but I had no idea about all that other stuff his Mother reveals in that video interview. That's some serious character flaw baggage.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    LOL at his nutcase mother, who wrote a book trying to cash in when he told her to fuck off for wanting some of his money, claiming all this nonsense because he won't support her lazy ass.

She was just the perfect little mommy, and Dana just kicked her to the curb because he is an evil greedy man. Yeah, right.

Funny how our resident socialist posts this video, to no doubt highlight another "greedy rich guy" who doesn't love his mommy!! Fuck off.

There wouldn't BE a UFC if it wasn't for White, and even the best fighters would still be fighting for beer money instead of millions like the top guys are now.

Oh and the guy doing the "interview" Jerry Millen? Google him and see who he is, because obviously you all have no clue. The more you know!

http://www.cagepotato.com/video-jerr...m-for-back-up/

The reason why this video isn't more popular is because anyone who knows ANYTHING about MMA laughed at it because it is so ridiculous, and because Millen's soul has been crushed by White many times and he hates him.
    Last edited by NaturalBornHustler; 06-05-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    LOL at his nutcase mother, who wrote a book trying to cash in when he told her to fuck off for wanting some of his money, claiming all this nonsense because he won't support her lazy ass.

She was just the perfect little mommy, and Dana just kicked her to the curb because he is an evil greedy man. Yeah, right.

Funny how our resident socialist posts this video, to no doubt highlight another "greedy rich guy" who doesn't love his mommy!! Fuck off.

There wouldn't BE a UFC if it wasn't for White, and even the best fighters would still be fighting for beer money instead of millions like the top guys are now.

Oh and the guy doing the "interview" Jerry Millen? Google him and see who he is, because obviously you all have no clue. The more you know!

http://www.cagepotato.com/video-jerr...m-for-back-up/

The reason why this video isn't more popular is because anyone who knows ANYTHING about MMA laughed at it because it is so ridiculous, and because Millen's soul has been crushed by White many times and he hates him.
    While Dana's Mom doesn't sound like a nutcase in this video, I agree with much of what you said. The entire interview is unseemly. Why would a mother trash her son so severely?

It's an Oedipus complex in reverse. Something very strange indeed.

It's had no impact on Dana White's popularity but it is fucking weird.

Thread Information