Thread: I officially hate Dana White now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

Rashad has something Miller does not... A successful, winning UFC record... He has Highlight Reel Knocks, Big name victories, a TUF Title and is a former LHW Champion... That dude can showboat, etc because he earned it in the UFC. Miller is 0-3 in the UFC, therefore he has not earned shit.
    Ok he beat Forrest for the title almost four years ago. Before that all he did of note was beat a washed up Chuck Lidell and would have lost to Tito "the only person I can beat is Ken Shamrock" Ortiz had there not been a point deducted for grabbing the fence. He got demolished by Machida in his title defense, decisioned Thiago, squeaked by a Rampage that didn't seem to give a shit, and then beat the same washed up Ortiz. He then proceeded to throw the biggest hissy fit in the history of mma when he left Jakcson's campp because Jones had the audacity to take the championship bought when Rashad got hurt.

My original point still stands that Dana did not base his decision on in ring performance but instead on his personal opinion of Miller. No doubt Dana is embarrassed that he gave Mayhem the contract and a push on Tuf and now feels let down.

p.s. Let's not forget his highlight head kick ko of a fighter who has admitted to giving up in fights and looking for a way out. Matt Hughes called it right the first time he saw Rashad fight on Tuf.

Your mistake is polarizing the event; Miller is as much to blame as Dana. Perhaps no more and no less.

Load Metric
    LOL at comparing Rashad and Hardy. Rashad is clearly one of the best in the light heavy division, and has beaten a handful of legends. Dan HArdy is an exciting but terribly flawed fighter who's entertainment value trumps his skill level, and who's beaten people like Mike Swick, Rory Markam, MArcus davis,and Bang. Solid names, no doubt, but none of those guys are gonna be seen hanging around the UFC HoF any time soon.

That said, HArdy can easily lose the next 2 without getting cut. He's one of the most popular fighters they got, somehow, and if for some ungodly reason the UFC cuts him, it will only be to put him in Strikeforce. No f'n way does Zuffa let that cat get away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    His performance against Bisping was terrible, no argument, but my only beef with Miller for the Dollaway fight was showing up crippled. Dollaway disgraced himself considerably harder than Miller as I see it; Dollaway had no excuses for what was really a laughable display of blanketry in between getting his mush popped by someone who couldnt even move fast enough to catch him as he fish danced away.
    If you give miller credit for being injured, then CB deserves at least as much, if not more, for fighting a few months after hip labrum surgery. I know CB's not a firecracker or anything exciting usually, but he beat a more experienced fighter with probably a lot worse of a training camp. It is what it is. He managed to beat a bigger, more experienced, and stronger fighter.

Load Metric
    The Rashad tangent is fundamentally ignorable.

Im hesitant to give CB a pass simply because hes always been pretty lackluster. But we will find out the bottom line with him soon enough Im sure.

Load Metric

Im hesitant to give CB a pass simply because hes always been pretty lackluster. But we will find out the bottom line with him soon enough Im sure.
    Not for nothin but I've always kinda thought that the UFC was sorta willing to take Dollaway at least in the beginning to stay on good terms with his team i.e. Bader(who was supposed to be the next big thing at lhw) and Aaron Simpson(who was on a good roll until the losses to Leben and Munoz). I realize that he was a finalist on Tuf and he has had success in the UFC but I don't ever see him being a true main card fighter.

A bit off subject but I saw a tweet from Joe Rogan that Mike Brown retired. That's kinda sad because I found his fights to be really entertaining.

Load Metric

Not for nothin but I've always kinda thought that the UFC was sorta willing to take Dollaway at least in the beginning to stay on good terms with his team i.e. Bader(who was supposed to be the next big thing at lhw) and Aaron Simpson(who was on a good roll until the losses to Leben and Munoz). I realize that he was a finalist on Tuf and he has had success in the UFC but I don't ever see him being a true main card fighter.

A bit off subject but I saw a tweet from Joe Rogan that Mike Brown retired. That's kinda sad because I found his fights to be really entertaining.
    Just so long as Matt Brown keeps fighting I will be happy

Load Metric

Interesting, totally feasible.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The UFC really needs a fighter's union or something.

Thread Information