Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I officially hate Dana White now

Load Metric

I officially hate Dana White now

They've "banned" Jason Miller from the UFC for being to flashy outside the ring. I would be alright with it if he said it was because Mayhem dropped his first two fights since returning to the octagon, but to let him go for trying to bring some showmanship is just wrong. He knew when he signed Mayhem that he was getting a fighter who was going to go out and shamelessly self promote and try to entertain the fans. I guess if he was a champion he could get away with whatever he wanted.

http://www.inquisitr.com/243511/ufc-...r-dumb-bullst/

“Mayhem’s done. He’s gone,” while adding that the incident that led to his firing was “just some bulls–t that I don’t want to talk about. We’re on a crazy string here of dumb bulls–t.”

Miller began his career in the UFC but eventually moved over to Strikeforce before returning to the UFC after he spent some time coaching on The Ultimate Fighter.

Speaking about Jason Miller’s playful entrances to the UFC Octagon Dana White said of his Saturday entrance:

“When you get embarrassed the way he did against Michael Bisping, then you show up in that pink whatever that thing was, I’m not into that stuff. It’s not my thing. I guess I don’t really care if guys do it because you see it at weigh-ins all the time. Just take this thing serious. If you want to be a clown do that stuff on your reality show.”

Load Metric
    obviously there's more to this story. Dana knows what makes him money, and its not getting boring dudes from Iowa who know how to fight. Lesnar pulled some WWE-type heel shit when he first joined, and Dana was fine with that.

Or, maybe he just will deal with bs if you're a winning fighter.

Load Metric
    Wait, he's a guy and his name is Dana?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I think Dana's cool as hell and Mayhem Miller is washed up and the most annoying dude ever. Butthurt over Mayhem Miller GTFO with that weak azz shiz.

I hope Dana steps up and "really" tries to get the sport PED free. I think Lorenzo uses PED's and so he may be a PED use sympathizer.

Anywho here's a vid of Dana talking about his meniere's disease and how he's going to get surgery that will require him to relearn how to walk etc.
    I think there's a divide between Dana and Lorenzo on PED's check this vid out starting at the 16 min mark, he really calls out Overeem hard for being a fucking liar. Whole vids good imo but the start talking about his disease and the 16 min mark are the most interesting imo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    obviously there's more to this story. Dana knows what makes him money, and its not getting boring dudes from Iowa who know how to fight. Lesnar pulled some WWE-type heel shit when he first joined, and Dana was fine with that.

Or, maybe he just will deal with bs if you're a winning fighter.
    Dana was not fine with Brock's WWE shit at all, he ripped him in a new one publicly and Brock said it was worse privately. You'll notice Brock never had another incident like that again in the UFC. The difference between Brock and Miller is that Brock was a huge draw and relevant as a fighter, Miller has looked fucking horrible in his first 2 fights and has no business in the UFC anymore. It's not like the UFC didn't do him any favors, they let him coach a season of TUF and gave him a legit top 10 guy to fight and then an opportunity to beat a struggling UFC guy to keep his spot on the roster. Miller is a washed up fighter, glad to see him gone from the UFC.

THe incident that Dana is referring to was Miller wanting to wear a gas mask out to the ring under the painted mask he had on. On the way out to the ring he was asked by a UFC staffer not to wear the mask, that it's not an image the UFC is comfortable with and Miller made a huge stink and threw a fit before proceeding to go out and look like shit against fucking CB Dolloway. Miller and Dana both admit they've bumped heads since he came over to the UFC. Knowing all that, why would the UFC possibly keep Miller? He cant fight worth a shit anymore and he's a problem behind the scenes.

Load Metric
    uh they banned him for throwing shit at cb dollaway & corner while screaming at the NSAC staff backstage.

miller fucked himself out a job. yawn, next.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    uh they banned him for throwing shit at cb dollaway & corner while screaming at the NSAC staff backstage.

miller fucked himself out a job. yawn, next.
    not saying this is wrong, think he was getting the punt incident or not. Is there a link that that this is what happened? Miller was on Ariel's podcast yesterday and said that is all bs, that there was absolutely no incident with CB or his corner that the only incident was the pre fight gas mask one. Miller could be lying but why would he when he knows this would all come out anyway.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...m-done-for-now

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    They've "banned" Jason Miller from the UFC for being to flashy outside the ring. I would be alright with it if he said it was because Mayhem dropped his first two fights since returning to the octagon, but to let him go for trying to bring some showmanship is just wrong. He knew when he signed Mayhem that he was getting a fighter who was going to go out and shamelessly self promote and try to entertain the fans. I guess if he was a champion he could get away with whatever he wanted.

“Mayhem’s done. He’s gone,” while adding that the incident that led to his firing was “just some bulls–t that I don’t want to talk about. We’re on a crazy string here of dumb bulls–t.”

Miller began his career in the UFC but eventually moved over to Strikeforce before returning to the UFC after he spent some time coaching on The Ultimate Fighter.

Speaking about Jason Miller’s playful entrances to the UFC Octagon Dana White said of his Saturday entrance:

“When you get embarrassed the way he did against Michael Bisping, then you show up in that pink whatever that thing was, I’m not into that stuff. It’s not my thing. I guess I don’t really care if guys do it because you see it at weigh-ins all the time. Just take this thing serious. If you want to be a clown do that stuff on your reality show.”
    I agree with you. Even though Dana White has given Mayem Miller some great opportunities (two fights plus TUF coaching job), I feel White went too far dissing then firing Miller after UFC 146.

Mayhem said he wanted to wear the military gas mask during his walkout to recognize the Troops. He was never told not to wear it until he started his walk to the ring. Why fuck with a fighter's focus moments before a fight? Anyway, Miller said he removed it and there was not a big commotion.

Miller almost won that fight against C. B. Dollaway. He hurt him twice with solid strikes. That one judge scored it 30-26 was a travesty. Unfortunately, Mayhem blew his knee out during training (Jason actually dropped to canvas when it gave way during fight) and could not neutralize Dollaway's excellent wrestling with only one good leg.

Dana White gave Dan Hardy chance after chance after chance even though Hardy kept losing. Mayhem Miller suffers two losses then gets fired. Not fair at all but Dana's the plantation overseer and rarely tolerates a UFC field hand who doesn't walk the straight and narrow.

Also, Mayem announced that he would retire if he couldn't defeat C. B. Dolaway. During the Ariel Helwani interview Jason admitted he 'retired' after the loss and seemed genuinely surprised when Ariel told him Dana had cut him. Jason dealt with it well and said he would pursue other 'adventures'.

I like Mayhem. He's funny, intelligent, irreverent and a very good fighter. His outlandish behavior sold that fight. No one showed up or tuned in to watch C. B. Dolaway.

More hypocrisy from Dana White:

UFC ring girl Arianny Celeste was arrested today in Las Vegas on domestic battery charges.

Celeste, real name Arianny Lopez, was brought in to the Clark County Detention Center at around 7:30 this morning. She was released later on $3000 bond. Celeste has not commented on her arrest yet.

UFC president Dana White told TMZ:

“Arianny is our baby. She has been with us for over five years. She is a good girl and an amazing ambassador for UFC. I don’t know all the details of what happened but we have her back and support her 100%.”

Source

Arrested with $3000 bond....Dana supports her 100%

Wear a pink boa.......You're fired!
    Last edited by SixToedPete; 05-29-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

I agree with you. Even though Dana White has given Mayem Miller some great opportunities (two fights plus TUF coaching job), I feel White went too far dissing then firing Miller after UFC 146.

Mayhem said he wanted to wear the military gas mask during his walkout to recognize the Troops. He was never told not to wear it until he started his walk to the ring. Why fuck with a fighter's focus moments before a fight? Anyway, Miller said he removed it and there was not a big commotion.

Miller almost won that fight against C. B. Dollaway. He hurt him twice with solid strikes. That one judge scored it 30-26 was a travesty. Unfortunately, Mayhem blew his knee out during training (Jason actually dropped to canvas when it gave way during fight) and could not neutralize Dollaway's excellent wrestling with only one good leg.

Dana White gave Dan Hardy chance after chance after chance even though Hardy kept losing. Mayhem Miller suffers two losses then gets fired. Not fair at all but Dana's the plantation overseer and rarely tolerates a UFC field hand who doesn't walk the straight and narrow.

Also, Mayem announced that he would retire if he couldn't defeat C. B. Dolaway. During the Ariel Helwani interview Jason admitted he 'retired' after the loss and seemed genuinely surprised when Ariel told him Dana had cut him. Jason dealt with it well and said he would pursue other 'adventures'.

I like Mayhem. He's funny, intelligent, irreverent and a very good fighter. His outlandish behavior sold that fight. No one showed up or tuned in to watch C. B. Dolaway.

UFC ring girl Arianny Celeste was arrested today in Las Vegas on domestic battery charges.

Celeste, real name Arianny Lopez, was brought in to the Clark County Detention Center at around 7:30 this morning. She was released later on $3000 bond. Celeste has not commented on her arrest yet.

“Arianny is our baby. She has been with us for over five years. She is a good girl and an amazing ambassador for UFC. I don’t know all the details of what happened but we have her back and support her 100%.”

Source

Miller conceded in the post that I linked that he didnt ok the gas mask with the UFC staff which is expected when wearing anything out of the ordinary for a ring entrance. Dana commented on this today and stated that Miller was pretty verbally abusive with the staffer who asked him not to wear it and caused a big scene, in that interview Miller kinda seemed to downplay the incident and he didnt say there was no big commotion, he admitted he had a problem with it. Top that off with two very shitty fights, one which was totally embarrassing and there is no reason for Miller to stay in the UFC. Whether the incident happened or not Miller doesnt belong in the UFC, he hasnt had a single good perfomance there in his life and has been given a handful of fights. BTW - I love Miller, enjoyed him a ton on his season of TUF and think he's a great character but he simply isnt a good enough fighter to stay in the UFC 'almot beating CB Dollaway' is exactly what should get a fighter punted from the UFC after that embarrassing performance he put on against Bisping. Miller should move into commentary or try to line up some none related MMA type show, he's good tv, he just doesnt make any sense for the UFC to have in their organization.

Hardy is staying in the UFC because he's constantly involved in fight of the nights and has a winning UFC record, Miller has never won a single fight or been close to a fight of the night type performance. GSP mopped the floor with him when he was young in his career at 170, He was an absolute embarrassment against Bisping, had no gas and looked like something out of a tough man competition and he lost to CB Dollaway, fucking CB Dollaway. Can you think of any other UFC fighter who started their career with the promotion 0-3 and still had a roster spot? Especially after losing a fight to a guy who is lucky to be with the organization and will never be more than an undercard guy? Hardy has put on some terrific performances, knocked some solid competition out and most importantly he is great for the business and the UFC's push into England. CB is lucky to have a spot in on the roster still, anybody losing to him has no place in the UFC. If miller was to stay what the fuck do they even do with him? Who should he fight? Miller also has a history of causing problems in fight organization, he was the center of the live tv embarrassment with the Diaz bros, which he was suspended for and he had that horrible campaign to try to get a fight with Diaz. Dana seems to reward loyalty to the UFC, long term staff and fighters. I think him giving Arianny a pass on this is just fine, I don't even know how its comparable to wanting a problematic over the hill fighter at all.
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 05-30-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

Source

Miller conceded in the post that I linked that he didnt ok the gas mask with the UFC staff which is expected when wearing anything out of the ordinary for a ring entrance. Dana commented on this today and stated that Miller was pretty verbally abusive with the staffer who asked him not to wear it and caused a big scene, in that interview Miller kinda seemed to downplay the incident and he didnt say there was no big commotion, he admitted he had a problem with it. Top that off with two very shitty fights, one which was totally embarrassing and there is no reason for Miller to stay in the UFC. Whether the incident happened or not Miller doesnt belong in the UFC, he hasnt had a single good perfomance there in his life and has been given a handful of fights. BTW - I love Miller, enjoyed him a ton on his season of TUF and think he's a great character but he simply isnt a good enough fighter to stay in the UFC 'almot beating CB Dollaway' is exactly what should get a fighter punted from the UFC after that embarrassing performance he put on against Bisping. Miller should move into commentary or try to line up some none related MMA type show, he's good tv, he just doesnt make any sense for the UFC to have in their organization.

Hardy is staying in the UFC because he's constantly involved in fight of the nights and has a winning UFC record, Miller has never won a single fight or been close to a fight of the night type performance. GSP mopped the floor with him when he was young in his career at 170, He was an absolute embarrassment against Bisping, had no gas and looked like something out of a tough man competition and he lost to CB Dollaway, fucking CB Dollaway. Can you think of any other UFC fighter who started their career with the promotion 0-3 and still had a roster spot? Especially after losing a fight to a guy who is lucky to be with the organization and will never be more than an undercard guy? Hardy has put on some terrific performances, knocked some solid competition out and most importantly he is great for the business and the UFC's push into England. CB is lucky to have a spot in on the roster still, anybody losing to him has no place in the UFC. If miller was to stay what the fuck do they even do with him? Who should he fight? Miller also has a history of causing problems in fight organization, he was the center of the live tv embarrassment with the Diaz bros, which he was suspended for and he had that horrible campaign to try to get a fight with Diaz. Dana seems to reward loyalty to the UFC, long term staff and fighters. I think him giving Arianny a pass on this is just fine, I don't even know how its comparable to wanting a problematic over the hill fighter at all.

I was just about to write the same thing

Load Metric
    Whether the incident happened or not Miller doesnt belong in the UFC, he hasnt had a single good perfomance there in his life and has been given a handful of fights.
    I take some exception with this... not much but some.

GSP was an apex predator by the time Miller fought him, and Miller turned in an extremely game performance given who he was fighting.

His performance against Bisping was terrible, no argument, but my only beef with Miller for the Dollaway fight was showing up crippled. Dollaway disgraced himself considerably harder than Miller as I see it; Dollaway had no excuses for what was really a laughable display of blanketry in between getting his mush popped by someone who couldnt even move fast enough to catch him as he fish danced away.

Dana is a bit of a bully. He picks and chooses who he wants repping the franchise and his criteria are really quite arbitrary. Hes _never_ liked Miller.

Im not sure what my point is here honestly.. Miller clearly sank his own boat, but I think if you subtract his personality and his antics outside the cage, a fourth fight in the UFC (and the third since coaching TUF) would have been justified, especially if it was on the undercard.

Load Metric
    Whether the incident happened or not Miller doesnt belong in the UFC, he hasnt had a single good perfomance there in his life and has been given a handful of fights.

GSP was an apex predator by the time Miller fought him, and Miller turned in an extremely game performance given who he was fighting.

His performance against Bisping was terrible, no argument, but my only beef with Miller for the Dollaway fight was showing up crippled. Dollaway disgraced himself considerably harder than Miller as I see it; Dollaway had no excuses for what was really a laughable display of blanketry in between getting his mush popped by someone who couldnt even move fast enough to catch him as he fish danced away.

Dana is a bit of a bully. He picks and chooses who he wants repping the franchise and his criteria are really quite arbitrary. Hes _never_ liked Miller.

Im not sure what my point is here honestly.. Miller clearly sank his own boat, but I think if you subtract his personality and his antics outside the cage, a fourth fight in the UFC (and the third since coaching TUF) would have been justified, especially if it was on the undercard.
    I will give you the GSP loss and even the Dolloway/Knee situation as mulligans, but honestly, based on the amount of shit talked to performance given in the Bisping fight ratio that would probably be enough. Guys can lose fights and keep their job, Dan Hardy is the prime example of this, but when you talk the amount of shit that Miller talks, Showboat like he does and then perform how he performs then it's time to be shown the door...

He knew that the CB fight was a career changer for him, so instead of focusing on weigh-in shenanigans, gas mask stuff etc, maybe buckle down (or pull out for injury) and focus on winning the most important fight of his career against a gate keepers gate keeper.

Maybe if Miller came in injured and fought his heart out and actually showed that he took the fight more serious than his persona than maybe he would be given a third post TUF opponent.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

I will give you the GSP loss and even the Dolloway/Knee situation as mulligans, but honestly, based on the amount of shit talked to performance given in the Bisping fight ratio that would probably be enough. Guys can lose fights and keep their job, Dan Hardy is the prime example of this, but when you talk the amount of shit that Miller talks, Showboat like he does and then perform how he performs then it's time to be shown the door...

He knew that the CB fight was a career changer for him, so instead of focusing on weigh-in shenanigans, gas mask stuff etc, maybe buckle down (or pull out for injury) and focus on winning the most important fight of his career against a gate keepers gate keeper.

Maybe if Miller came in injured and fought his heart out and actually showed that he took the fight more serious than his persona than maybe he would be given a third post TUF opponent.

Yeah I mean, I cant argue with any of this. As they say, I dont have a horse in this race. Miller needed a good sports shrink about 2 careers ago, around the time he crawled through his ex-girlfriends window in Hawaii while drunk and got pinned down in a pool of his own tears by her new boyfriend before being carted off to jail.

But the dude did good work in various orgs, hes a huge name with cross over cultural appeal, and generally speaking *could* have been cultivated to the benefit of all if Dana didnt have one of his infamous Axes To Grind.

Load Metric
    At that rate Rashad should have been shown the door after phoning it in against Phil Davis and getting out classed by Jones.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I was just about to write the same thing
    So was I.

Load Metric
    At that rate Rashad should have been shown the door after phoning it in against Phil Davis and getting out classed by Jones.
    Rashad has something Miller does not... A successful, winning UFC record... He has Highlight Reel Knocks, Big name victories, a TUF Title and is a former LHW Champion... That dude can showboat, etc because he earned it in the UFC. Miller is 0-3 in the UFC, therefore he has not earned shit.

Load Metric

Rashad has something Miller does not... A successful, winning UFC record... He has Highlight Reel Knocks, Big name victories, a TUF Title and is a former LHW Champion... That dude can showboat, etc because he earned it in the UFC. Miller is 0-3 in the UFC, therefore he has not earned shit.
    Ok he beat Forrest for the title almost four years ago. Before that all he did of note was beat a washed up Chuck Lidell and would have lost to Tito "the only person I can beat is Ken Shamrock" Ortiz had there not been a point deducted for grabbing the fence. He got demolished by Machida in his title defense, decisioned Thiago, squeaked by a Rampage that didn't seem to give a shit, and then beat the same washed up Ortiz. He then proceeded to throw the biggest hissy fit in the history of mma when he left Jakcson's campp because Jones had the audacity to take the championship bought when Rashad got hurt.

My original point still stands that Dana did not base his decision on in ring performance but instead on his personal opinion of Miller. No doubt Dana is embarrassed that he gave Mayhem the contract and a push on Tuf and now feels let down.

p.s. Let's not forget his highlight head kick ko of a fighter who has admitted to giving up in fights and looking for a way out. Matt Hughes called it right the first time he saw Rashad fight on Tuf.

Load Metric

Ok he beat Forrest for the title almost four years ago. Before that all he did of note was beat a washed up Chuck Lidell and would have lost to Tito "the only person I can beat is Ken Shamrock" Ortiz had there not been a point deducted for grabbing the fence. He got demolished by Machida in his title defense, decisioned Thiago, squeaked by a Rampage that didn't seem to give a shit, and then beat the same washed up Ortiz. He then proceeded to throw the biggest hissy fit in the history of mma when he left Jakcson's campp because Jones had the audacity to take the championship bought when Rashad got hurt.

My original point still stands that Dana did not base his decision on in ring performance but instead on his personal opinion of Miller. No doubt Dana is embarrassed that he gave Mayhem the contract and a push on Tuf and now feels let down.

p.s. Let's not forget his highlight head kick ko of a fighter who has admitted to giving up in fights and looking for a way out. Matt Hughes called it right the first time he saw Rashad fight on Tuf.

Your mistake is polarizing the event; Miller is as much to blame as Dana. Perhaps no more and no less.

Load Metric

I mean, I'm not a huge Rashad fan, but you mentioned yourself he has wins over Rampage, Griffin, Lidell, Ortiz, Phil Davis, Silva plus Michael Bisping, Stephan Bonnar....

His only two losses are to two of the top LHW on the planet.

Regardless of your opinion on how he fought those fights, he fought em and he won em.

Miller on the other hand.... 0-3.... Losses against CB fucking Dolloway, gets embarressed by Michael Bisping and imo got lucky that he lost against a fighter as Highlander level as GSP so atleast people will shrug at that loss and say, "Its GSP man, what are you gonna do?".

outside of the UFC in the last 3 years he lost to Jake Shields and soccer kicked himself into a no contest... his only wins are against LOL Sakuraba and Tim Stout... What talent are you talking about? From like 03 to 06 he was relevant in that he won a bunch of fights against good opponents in other organizations, but that was 6 years ago... As Sonatine said... another career or 2 ago...

There is no argument anyone can make that Jason Miller is UFC level at all, therefore he does not belong in the UFC.

Oh and PS - Sean Salmon looking for a way out of his fight is probably true, but if the only way he was able to find was getting blasted in the head with a kick, he is an idiot...

Load Metric
    LOL at comparing Rashad and Hardy. Rashad is clearly one of the best in the light heavy division, and has beaten a handful of legends. Dan HArdy is an exciting but terribly flawed fighter who's entertainment value trumps his skill level, and who's beaten people like Mike Swick, Rory Markam, MArcus davis,and Bang. Solid names, no doubt, but none of those guys are gonna be seen hanging around the UFC HoF any time soon.

That said, HArdy can easily lose the next 2 without getting cut. He's one of the most popular fighters they got, somehow, and if for some ungodly reason the UFC cuts him, it will only be to put him in Strikeforce. No f'n way does Zuffa let that cat get away from them.

If you give miller credit for being injured, then CB deserves at least as much, if not more, for fighting a few months after hip labrum surgery. I know CB's not a firecracker or anything exciting usually, but he beat a more experienced fighter with probably a lot worse of a training camp. It is what it is. He managed to beat a bigger, more experienced, and stronger fighter.

Thread Information