View Poll Results: Who would you vote for right now?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rand Paul

7 6.09%
  • Christie

1 0.87%
  • Trump

46 40.00%
  • Hilary

11 9.57%
  • Bernie

33 28.70%
  • Carson

1 0.87%
  • Cruz

6 5.22%
  • Rubio

6 5.22%
  • Bush

1 0.87%
  • Kasich

3 2.61%
Page 53 of 145 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2888

Thread: President 2016

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Its time for us to elect our smartest and most talented ppl to public office, wtf were we doing electing all these shitbag lawyers whose entire career was spent arguing for their side regardless if they cared they were on the right side or not.
    the smartest and most talented usually are the people who can truly see and understand an argument and then are able to argue any side of it. kinda like a good shitbag lawyer tends to do....

there are reasons why the better attorneys tend to thrive in politics. don't get me wrong a lot of attorneys are shitstains and shouldn't be practicing law, but the good ones are generally just better equipped to be politicians than the vast majority of people. There simply aren't that many other careers that prepare a person to be able debate and speak in front of crowds, to read, analyze and internalize thousands of pages of boring shit, to quickly become an expert on a host of different issues the person knew little to nothing about, to act civilly no matter how stupid or insulting the other people you are dealing with are acting or behaving, etc.

I'm guessing from what you wrote that part of Trump's appeal is that he isn't a shitbag attorney. That's great, but has Trump, the real estate investor and pitchman, shown he can do any of the examples I just gave to the extent necessary to be a decent elected servant? I mean I guess we can say he's an ok debater. But even then he usually ignores the questions he's asked. He's also kinda been exposed to be absurdly thin-skinned, easily sidetracked and not particularly knowledgeable about anything besides his own life.

Can anybody picture the guy sitting down and reading a bunch of boring policy papers, treaty drafts, legislation, etc so that he actually understands what the hell he'd be signing or doing? I mean doing that sort of thing is kind of important (see dubya apparently never reading any of the warnings given to him pre-9/11 about the threat posed by bin laden). Trump sure doesn't seem like he's equipped to do heavy reading. Heck, judging from how shallow his knowledge appears to be about most issues he's been asked about during the debates, it sure doesn't seem like he's bothered to read much of anything in preparation for any of the debates other than poll numbers. Now if he has been reading a bunch of debate prep materials and can't put most of it to memory that's a bigger problem than just being lazy or lacking intellectual curiosity.

Heck, now that I think about it, I can't even picture trump sitting down and reading a book. Seriously, has anyone asked trump what the last book he read was? other than the art of the deal?
    Trump is a hustler as much as he is a manager. The way he has structured his business is the way he will govern. He has even alluded to it, in that he stated that he would get 'the best people', which on the face of it sounds like a yuge cop-out. The thing is, that's how yuge organizations are run in a top down environment... just like our federal government. Oddly enough, also a lot like making a movie or a.. tv show. You need trained people to do the skilled trades jobs and you need creatives to come up with cool shit and you need a bunch of bean counters to make sure you come in on time and on budget. In the tv world it's called a Producer/ Studio Chief, in corporate it's called the CEO and in the world of even more corrupt weirdos, it's the President. This guy just happens to have done something that none of the lawyers he's running against have ever done, which is run an actual business bigger than a lemonade stand.

Happy 8,000th post to me.

Comments

thesidedish: ty

rum dick: kasich is a governor and a state is a yuuuuge company. youre right that rubio and cruz are lawyers. dunno if either ran a law firm but if they did the firm was bigger than a lemonade stand
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 03-04-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Happy 8000th post to you. And how is what youre describing any different than George W. Bush? Besides having a former POTUS as his father?

Load Metric
    Name:  tumblr_mqq81gFefs1r5yka7o1_1280.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  51.5 KB

Comments

4Dragons: hip hip hippie hooray!

Load Metric
    since this is a President thread, just reminding you chimps that House Of Cards season 4 is up on Netflix.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Among other problems, I don't think Trump has any fucking clue what he'll be doing once he's President. He started out his campaign simply as an attention ploy, and then was probably as shocked as anyone when it became viable.

Then he had to cobble together what looked like a serious run for President, while not losing the outrageousness which brought him up in the polls in the first place.

Since then he's released a few details on some of his proposals, but you can tell they were cobbled together quickly by his assistants who want it to at least appear he has some idea of what he's going to do.

But the reality is that he doesn't, and the reality is that he's spending all of his time trying to win the job and none of it actually figuring out how he's going to govern.

If Trump is elected, he's going to take the Oval Office and say to himself, "Wow, awesome! I did it! I really am the greatest man who ever lived, and I really can do anything! Okay... so uhh... what am I supposed to be doing here again?"
    OMG...you're gonna vote for Hillary Clinton aren't you?

Give Trump a chance, he would be a better President than Mitt Romney.

The problem is getting past Hillary Clinton.
    She has most of the women, plus the black and hispanic vote locked up.

No way in hell Kasich, Cruz, Rubio or Romney could beat Clinton.

Hillary has more staff and volunteers than any other campaign. She will knock on everyone's door that voted for Obama ten times.

Trump has the best shot here but he has to do better than getting a few million extra white guys to vote.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Among other problems, I don't think Trump has any fucking clue what he'll be doing once he's President. He started out his campaign simply as an attention ploy, and then was probably as shocked as anyone when it became viable.

Then he had to cobble together what looked like a serious run for President, while not losing the outrageousness which brought him up in the polls in the first place.

Since then he's released a few details on some of his proposals, but you can tell they were cobbled together quickly by his assistants who want it to at least appear he has some idea of what he's going to do.

But the reality is that he doesn't, and the reality is that he's spending all of his time trying to win the job and none of it actually figuring out how he's going to govern.

If Trump is elected, he's going to take the Oval Office and say to himself, "Wow, awesome! I did it! I really am the greatest man who ever lived, and I really can do anything! Okay... so uhh... what am I supposed to be doing here again?"
    OMG...you're gonna vote for Hillary Clinton aren't you?

Give Trump a chance, he would be a better President than Mitt Romney.

The problem is getting past Hillary Clinton.
    She has most of the women, plus the black and hispanic vote locked up.

No way in hell Kasich, Cruz, Rubio or Romney could beat Clinton.

Hillary has more staff and volunteers than any other campaign. She will knock on everyone's door that voted for Obama ten times.

Trump has the best shot here but he has to do better than getting a few million extra white guys to vote.

Lol....actually the only hope for the GOP is Cruz, Rubio, or even Kasich against Hillary. Why the fuck do you think the GOP is pulling out all the stops to keep Trump from getting the nomination?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Happy 8000th post to you. And how is what youre describing any different than George W. Bush? Besides having a former POTUS as his father?
    Well just on a personal note, I never liked W. to begin with and never gave him much thought other than a guy that ran on his name, like a lot of local politicians around here do.

But to tack back to the lawyer thing; The difference between any lawyer in any capacity is to be in defense of something. Even a Prosecutor, seemingly on the attack, is still defending The State, its laws and her people. A defense attorney is sfobv, and corporate law is defending intellectual property and anything else that their client may have proprietary rights over. DEFENSE. An entrepreneurial businessman is constantly on the attack and adjusting; to the market, to prices, to technology, to his competition. Kind of like if some jackass lawyer politician creates a law that says that you can't build your widgets anymore because of your carbon signature or some other great idea like opening up a free trade zone with another country that has workers that you can hire for .25 cents on the dollar. You have to be on the attack and take what seems to be an obstacle and somehow turn it into a positive. ATTACK. This is why I think what The Donald is doing differently than his cheap suit Tony Montana brethren.

Another thing I don't hear anyone mention is that when Trump went to church, his pastor was Norman Vincent Peale, author of the Power of Positive Thinking.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Well just on a personal note, I never liked W. to begin with and never gave him much thought other than a guy that ran on his name, like a lot of local politicians around here do.

But to tack back to the lawyer thing; The difference between any lawyer in any capacity is to be in defense of something. Even a Prosecutor, seemingly on the attack, is still defending The State, its laws and her people. A defense attorney is sfobv, and corporate law is defending intellectual property and anything else that their client may have proprietary rights over. DEFENSE. An entrepreneurial businessman is constantly on the attack and adjusting; to the market, to prices, to technology, to his competition. Kind of like if some jackass lawyer politician creates a law that says that you can't build your widgets anymore because of your carbon signature or some other great idea like opening up a free trade zone with another country that has workers that you can hire for .25 cents on the dollar. You have to be on the attack and take what seems to be an obstacle and somehow turn it into a positive. ATTACK. This is why I think what The Donald is doing differently than his cheap suit Tony Montana brethren.

Another thing I don't hear anyone mention is that when Trump went to church, his pastor was Norman Vincent Peale, author of the Power of Positive Thinking.
    Oh....that one time he went to church? Trump doesn't believe in God....Trump thinks he is God. "Two Corinthians" lol.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Oh....that one time he went to church? Trump doesn't believe in God....Trump thinks he is God. "Two Corinthians" lol.
    I've managed to mumbles you up a link: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...t-peale-213220

Lol....actually the only hope for the GOP is Cruz, Rubio, or even Kasich against Hillary. Why the fuck do you think the GOP is pulling out all the stops to keep Trump from getting the nomination?
    The reason why they want Trump out is because he is not part of the ecosystem.

The Republican Establishment, as they are referred to, share in the profits of the clusterfuck that is our federal government.

The reason why the Republican Establishment has not dismantled Obamacare or defunded it or not really put up much of a snit other than being vocal is because of one twisted little factoid:

When the Republicans are completely in charge of it, they will get to pay off their friends with the contracts instead of the Democrats.

That is why they can't AFFORD to have Trump in there. He actually wants a wall and to repeal Obamacare for REAL. Those other dudes give all kinds of things lip service, but at the end of the day when they can dismantle or defund things like The Omnibus Bill, they don't. They don't even try. Career politicians are poison.

Sorry I had to be the one to break the bad news.

Load Metric

I've managed to mumbles you up a link: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...t-peale-213220

The Republican Establishment, as they are referred to, share in the profits of the clusterfuck that is our federal government.

The reason why the Republican Establishment has not dismantled Obamacare or defunded it or not really put up much of a snit other than being vocal is because of one twisted little factoid:

When the Republicans are completely in charge of it, they will get to pay off their friends with the contracts instead of the Democrats.

That is why they can't AFFORD to have Trump in there. He actually wants a wall and to repeal Obamacare for REAL. Those other dudes give all kinds of things lip service, but at the end of the day when they can dismantle or defund things like The Omnibus Bill, they don't. They don't even try. Career politicians are poison.

Trump is not a Republican lol. He's not a Democrat either. He has a long history of contributing to BOTH parties. Everything he is preaching against, is exactly what allowed him to make his money. As far as why he decided to run as a Republican....I'm sure you are smart enough to figure that one out.....

Load Metric

Trump is not a Republican lol. He's not a Democrat either. He has a long history of contributing to BOTH parties. Everything he is preaching against, is exactly what allowed him to make his money. As far as why he decided to run as a Republican....I'm sure you are smart enough to figure that one out.....
    Either you misread or didn't read my comment. The algo doesn't have any bearing on whether Trump is from one party or the other. What matters is that he will not play ball with the other kids that see a titanic payday just out of their grasp and Trump can take that away from them by shifting the agenda away from what makes the career politicians rich.

Load Metric

Either you misread or didn't read my comment. The algo doesn't have any bearing on whether Trump is from one party or the other. What matters is that he will not play ball with the other kids that see a titanic payday just out of their grasp and Trump can take that away from them by shifting the agenda away from what makes the career politicians rich.
    I really didn't read it to be honest lol. Trump got rich playing ball with the other kids. He played for both teams. You can't lose in that scenario. Then one day he woke up and realized this was all wrong? Get real.

Load Metric

I really didn't read it to be honest lol. Trump got rich playing ball with the other kids. He played for both teams. You can't lose in that scenario. Then one day he woke up and realized this was all wrong? Get real.
    Oh no, don't get that part wrong too, lol. My personal opinion is that Trump is there to squeeze these peckers from the inside to get the best contracts and deals for TRUMP. It's all about Trump, for Trump, by Trump. I swear if he gets in he will come out a Trillionaire.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Those guys looked like 3 fucking clowns yesterday. Talking about dick size all the while running for predident of the united states
    Trump lost my vote yesterday( I might vote for him in the illinois primary cus a vote for him is a vote against the gop)
    I will be voting for the only person( besides kasich) who is actually qualified to be president HILLARY CLINTON
    you can't make this stuff up; "big dick" is complaining others are talking about dick size.

UNREAL
    haha yeah but im not running for president

Load Metric

Oh no, don't get that part wrong too, lol. My personal opinion is that Trump is there to squeeze these peckers from the inside to get the best contracts and deals for TRUMP. It's all about Trump, for Trump, by Trump. I swear if he gets in he will come out a Trillionaire.
    That is correct. This is all about Trump. He is an egomaniac.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    FYI on super Tuesday Hillary won a bunch of southern states that she was supposed to win. Hillary did not crush Bernie. Now it's time for the states that matter! I plan on bringing 2 to 5 usual non voters to vote for Bernie in the primary. Bernie's polling up to 18 points better than Clinton vs the Republican candidates in the general.

Everything you need to know about voting in your local primary is right here. So much at stake, do not sit this one out.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/

Comments

MumblesBadly: Feel the Bern!

Load Metric
    Muck, after reading your posts it's pretty clear you are against Trump. Who are you for so we can get a better idea if you're just a Democrat bashing the GOP front runner or someone who gives both parties a fair shake. I'm obv a Rep so I'll vote for anyone on that side even though I'd have to hold my nose for Rubio. Is that fair to Democrats? No. But it's what I personally believe in so fuck it. Where you stand? Were you a Scott Walker guy?

Load Metric
    Pretty amazing out of 300 mil+ people we are going to be left with Trump and Clinton as the options.

Hillary lies about lying and is a criminal

Trump is a a proud sociopath.

GG USA

Comments

DRK Star: was a good run

FPS_Russia: this

Muck Ficon: :this
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Pretty amazing out of 300 mil+ people we are going to be left with Trump and Clinton as the options.

GG USA
    Two best options actually. Under Hilary there won't be a super majority so nothing will get done and Trump is basically a Dem in different clothes so nothing will get done. Problem is when you have what we did first two years of Obama's term. We won't have that this time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

GG USA
    Come the 8th it'll be clear that there's a third option.

Bernie 2016

Thread Information