View Poll Results: Who would you vote for right now?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rand Paul

7 6.09%
  • Christie

1 0.87%
  • Trump

46 40.00%
  • Hilary

11 9.57%
  • Bernie

33 28.70%
  • Carson

1 0.87%
  • Cruz

6 5.22%
  • Rubio

6 5.22%
  • Bush

1 0.87%
  • Kasich

3 2.61%
Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2888

Thread: President 2016

Load Metric
    I was( still have my card and pay dues) a local 1 ironworker. It is brutal work. It is highly skilled work. It is dangerous as all hell. I've seen numerous guys get killed, I've seen guys get limbs cut off, I've seen guys break backs, arms ect. I worked in extreme heat, extreme cold. Id love to see druff work iron for 1 full week( I doubt he could) and then tell me unions are bad. I like druff but id like to slap him right across his jew face every fucking god dam time i hear him spout his non union scab nonsense.
    DRUFF you know nothing about unions and blue collar workers so please just shut the fuck up on the subject.

Comments

SysOp:

Sanlmar: Iron worker. Explains a lot. Lol

LarryLaffer: slap Druffs jew face rep

ToasterOven: bringing the heat

FPS_Russia:

Corrigan: lol

gimmick:
    Last edited by big dick; 07-05-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I was( still have my card and pay dues) a local 1 ironworker. It is brutal work. It is highly skilled work. It is dangerous as all hell, I've seen numerous guys get killed, I've seen guys get limbs cut off, I've seen guys break backs, arms ect. I worked in extreme heat, extreme cold. Id love to see druff work iron for 1 full week( I doubt he could) and then tell me unions are bad. I like druff but id like to slap him right across his jew face every fucking god dam time i hear him spout his non union scab nonsense.
    DRUFF you know nothing about unions and blue collar workers so please just shut the fuck up on the subject

no way in hell he'd do a week doing your job, or anyone else's for that matter, he's stated many times how he hated working, loves not having a boss (but hates paying for health insurance) why don't you marry your gf and get on her benefits? oh that's right, she won't sign a prenuptial.
    Last edited by SysOp; 07-05-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Load Metric
    I was( still have my card and pay dues) a local 1 ironworker. It is brutal work. It is highly skilled work. It is dangerous as all hell, I've seen numerous guys get killed, I've seen guys get limbs cut off, I've seen guys break backs, arms ect. I worked in extreme heat, extreme cold. Id love to see druff work iron for 1 full week( I doubt he could) and then tell me unions are bad. I like druff but id like to slap him right across his jew face every fucking god dam time i hear him spout his non union scab nonsense.
    DRUFF you know nothing about unions and blue collar workers so please just shut the fuck up on the subject.
    I learned so much during those days about life and work.

I was a nerd in a world filled with men. It was heady stuff.

The comraderie amongst the trades was pretty unique. Something you never saw non Union.

Iron workers are just insane. You might arrive on a summer day when the heat was ridiculous and the union might call it. No work today. Not safe. Guarantee that doesn't happen on a non Union job.

Again, no work no pay. Maybe the iron worker might have unwisely risked it. Union is the only advocate on the site with the power to make that call.

The pressure on a high rise construction site is incomprehensible unless you have worked on one. One schedule slips and other trades are affected. GC's get fined enormous figures for schedule slippage. Again, only the union has the power to institute a little check and balance.

Load Metric
    All the gc's care about is making the next concrete pour. If it wasn't for their insurance rates going up they would rather 3 guys get killed on the job than miss a pour.

Comments

FPS_Russia:

Load Metric
    Oh yeah and my wife is a school teacher at a catholic school. She has been there for 15 years. She works her ass off. She leaves the house at 7am but before she leaves for work in The morning she is helping kids via email with any questions they have or w/e help they need.She doesn't get home till 5pm She comes home eats dinner grades papers and watches tv for an hour and then off to bed. She just won an award for teacher of the year at the school she teaches.She has a masters degree + 18. Geuss how much she made last year??? A wopping 42k. she has no pension program either.If she were teaching at a public school she would be making 75k+ with a pension, geuss why druff?? Cus she would be in the union making what and being teated the way she fucking deserves.

Comments

ToasterOven: more heat

SysOp:
    Last edited by big dick; 07-05-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Oh yeah and my wife is a school teacher at a catholic school. She has been there for 15 years. She works her ass off. She leaves the house at 7am and doesn't get home until 5pm. She comes home eats dinner grades papers and watches tv for an hour and then off to bed. She just won an award for teacher of the year at the school she teaches,she has a masters degree + 18. Geuss how much she made last year??? A wopping 42k. she has no pension program either.If she were teaching at a public school she would be making 75k+ with a pension, geuss why druff?? Cus she would be in the union making and being teated the way she fucking deserves.
    You make good serious posts and then I read your username I get confused

Load Metric
    It's just the game. Corporations try to make money. Unions protect the workers. Government protects the citizens. When one of those is too weak, it's chaos.

I'm trying to bait 4D.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    It's just the game. Corporations try to make money. Unions protect the workers. Government protects the citizens. When one of those is too weak, it's chaos.

I'm trying to bait 4D.
    Good luck with that. I'm sure you will just get 15 posts from Mumbles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

I'm trying to bait 4D.
    Good luck with that. I'm sure you will just get 15 posts from Mumbles instead.
    Only one, Mucky....

Very well said in a minimal number of words, Toaster, except...

1) The government tends to do a shitty job protecting the average citizens when the right-wing controls it for too long.

2) And unions tend to get corrupted and cronyistic, being more concerned with protecting and enriching the elite within the union heirarchy versus the average member, when the government is controlled for too long by the left-wing.

Which is why I will never (again) unconditionally support either the Dems or the GOP.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-05-2016 at 02:09 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Oh yeah and my wife is a school teacher at a catholic school. She has been there for 15 years. She works her ass off. She leaves the house at 7am and doesn't get home until 5pm. She comes home eats dinner grades papers and watches tv for an hour and then off to bed. She just won an award for teacher of the year at the school she teaches,she has a masters degree + 18. Geuss how much she made last year??? A wopping 42k. she has no pension program either.If she were teaching at a public school she would be making 75k+ with a pension, geuss why druff?? Cus she would be in the union making and being teated the way she fucking deserves.
    You make good serious posts and then I read your username I get confused
    Dick es grande

Comments

LarryLaffer: is that what she said?

MumblesBadly: But is it "muy" grande?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    President Obama shitting the bed yet again
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/bu...ages.html?_r=0

oh wait nevermind

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh yeah and my wife is a school teacher at a catholic school. She has been there for 15 years. She works her ass off. She leaves the house at 7am but before she leaves for work in The morning she is helping kids via email with any questions they have or w/e help they need.She doesn't get home till 5pm She comes home eats dinner grades papers and watches tv for an hour and then off to bed. She just won an award for teacher of the year at the school she teaches.She has a masters degree + 18. Geuss how much she made last year??? A wopping 42k. she has no pension program either.If she were teaching at a public school she would be making 75k+ with a pension, geuss why druff?? Cus she would be in the union making what and being teated the way she fucking deserves.
    So what about the teachers who do a horrible job and are both lazy and nasty with the kids?

You know... the ones who AREN'T "teacher of the year".

You realize that they can't be fired if they have enough years under their belt, right?

So what's your argument? That your wife is a good teacher, so therefore all teachers are good and it's totally cool that we can't fire the bad ones?

Because that's what teacher's unions do.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was( still have my card and pay dues) a local 1 ironworker. It is brutal work. It is highly skilled work. It is dangerous as all hell. I've seen numerous guys get killed, I've seen guys get limbs cut off, I've seen guys break backs, arms ect. I worked in extreme heat, extreme cold. Id love to see druff work iron for 1 full week( I doubt he could) and then tell me unions are bad. I like druff but id like to slap him right across his jew face every fucking god dam time i hear him spout his non union scab nonsense.
    Why are you lecturing me about iron work?

I am not saying that these guys deserve to be paid poorly.

I am saying that unions are corrupt, overprotect some and underprotect others, suck a lot of money out with dues, and handcuff companies from being able to compete.

If I were an iron worker since 1986, I would love the union.

If I were an iron worker who started last year, I would likely hate it.

You can keep ignoring all of the problems with today's labor unions and repeatedly cite the upsides, but the downsides are too numerous, and they have bought enough candidates to where any attempt at reform is smacked down.

Labor unions are not protecting the common man like you think they are. It's like a mini-government type system, and even more corrupt.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, I went to public school all my life. Even public college.

I dealt with some of these awful, lazy, and sometimes abusive teachers.

At first my parents tried to complain to the principal when they saw things they didn't like, but they soon realized that it was useless. These teachers could not be fired or disciplined meaningfully. The principals even admitted this, basically saying, "I agree with you, and I wish I could do something about this, but the union...."

It wasn't an excuse. It was the truth. I saw it firsthand. Some teachers were great, some were okay, some were bad, but you had absolutely zero recourse against the bad ones unless they committed a crime or did something horrendous.

I'd love to be able to say that this was a '70s and '80s problem which no longer exists with teachers' unions, but it's the exact same situation today. There has been zero reform.

I don't have to theorize about this one. I lived it.

Load Metric
    There are bad lawyers, bad doctors ect. There is always gonna be elite in every profession and there are gonna be slackers in every profession we all know this.
    Unions protect workers druff, what is so hard to understand?Unions give workers( good and bad) barganing power and a voice. Unions ensure fair pay and fair benefits for workers.
    This little fantasy you have about every union worker napping on the job and collectiong a paycheck just isn't true. How do I know this?Cus I am a union memeber and have worked with many union workers. You just base your opinion off of what fox news tells you and what a couple of "friends who are forced to be in the union say"

Load Metric
    Why are you lecturing me about iron work?

I am not saying that these guys deserve to be paid poorly.

I am saying that unions are corrupt, overprotect some and underprotect others, suck a lot of money out with dues, and handcuff companies from being able to compete.

If I were an iron worker since 1986, I would love the union.

If I were an iron worker who started last year, I would likely hate it.

You can keep ignoring all of the problems with today's labor unions and repeatedly cite the upsides, but the downsides are too numerous, and they have bought enough candidates to where any attempt at reform is smacked down.

Labor unions are not protecting the common man like you think they are. It's like a mini-government type system, and even more corrupt.
    Once again you have no idea wtf you are talking about. How many union ironworkers do you know/ How many union plumbers?I can name a 100 guys who would die for local 1 and go to war for it and for what local 1 stands for. I can't name 1 guy I ever worked with who would prefer to be non union.

Load Metric

At first my parents tried to complain to the principal when they saw things they didn't like, but they soon realized that it was useless. These teachers could not be fired or disciplined meaningfully. The principals even admitted this, basically saying, "I agree with you, and I wish I could do something about this, but the union...."

It wasn't an excuse. It was the truth. I saw it firsthand. Some teachers were great, some were okay, some were bad, but you had absolutely zero recourse against the bad ones unless they committed a crime or did something horrendous.

I'd love to be able to say that this was a '70s and '80s problem which no longer exists with teachers' unions, but it's the exact same situation today. There has been zero reform.

I spent some time in non union catholic schools and geuss what? I had numerous shitty teachers and got physically abused by at least 5 seperate teachers/deans/brothers/nuns.Guess how many times I got beat up by union teachers? yeah none

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There are bad lawyers, bad doctors ect. There is always gonna be elite in every profession and there are gonna be slackers in every profession we all know this.
    Unions protect workers druff, what is so hard to understand?Unions give workers( good and bad) barganing power and a voice. Unions ensure fair pay and fair benefits for workers.
    This little fantasy you have about every union worker napping on the job and collectiong a paycheck just isn't true. How do I know this?Cus I am a union memeber and have worked with many union workers. You just base your opinion off of what fox news tells you and what a couple of "friends who are forced to be in the union say"
    Yes, there are bad doctors, lawyers, etc, but they get weeded out by the free market (or lose their licenses!)

Union jobs are the only ones where you can do a shitty job and avoid firing (or meaningful discipline) if you've been there long enough.

It's a corrupt system which deceives people by making people think they are helping average workers by providing higher pay and better benefits, while masking their horrible faults.

About a year ago I had a checker at Albertson's mouth off at me. I didn't even bother complaining. Why? "Proud Albertson's Worker Since 1987" on her nametag.

There is no reason that incompetent/nasty/rude/lazy employees should be protected by unions simply because they've been on the job for a long time. This is a serious abuse of the concept of job security.

Of course these supermarkets, with some checkers making $70k + benefits, are getting crushed and rapidly closing, as people are choosing cheaper, non-union stores over them. So then layoffs and closures occur, and guess who suffers? Yep... the average worker.

But I can even accept this because at least these supermarkets are choosing to be union shops.

Public labor unions are a travesty, because you have no choice as a taxpayer but to use these services, and zero recourse if you run into someone shitty who has seniority.

It's just a horrible system with all kinds of corruption and abuses, and needs to be greatly reformed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I spent some time in non union catholic schools and geuss what? I had numerous shitty teachers and got physically abused by at least 5 seperate teachers/deans/brothers/nuns.Guess how many times I got beat up by union teachers? yeah none
    Well Catholic schools are a whole different ballgame. You won't see me defending them.

But this doesn't happen at secular private schools. Those teachers have accountability -- at least to some degree. None are protected from being fired based upon their seniority at the school.

There is simply no excuse to have a system which protects crap workers based upon seniority. None. Nada. I will never accept that as valid or fair.

Thread Information