View Poll Results: Who would you vote for right now?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rand Paul

7 6.09%
  • Christie

1 0.87%
  • Trump

46 40.00%
  • Hilary

11 9.57%
  • Bernie

33 28.70%
  • Carson

1 0.87%
  • Cruz

6 5.22%
  • Rubio

6 5.22%
  • Bush

1 0.87%
  • Kasich

3 2.61%
Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2888

Thread: President 2016

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Clinton might actually fuck this up.

Literally she was one job, pick a middle aged, well liked, white guy to be her VP candidate.

If she picks Warren she opens the door wide open to losing.

Also, it shows the complete lack of self-awareness the Clinton campaign has if she goes with Warren.

Clinton doesn't need the far left vote, those who were going to vote are already going to vote for her if it is close, she needs to stop blue collar white male Democrats from voting for Trump.

This is literally the worst run election on both sides in political history and yet I can't seem to turn off this train wreck.
    It brings her a larger portion of the Bernie Supporters.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agreed. Warren has been a champion of ordinary American families with her relentless campaign to push for regs and oversight of how banks/financial firms treat/deal with home loan and other individual borrowers.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Clinton might actually fuck this up.

Literally she was one job, pick a middle aged, well liked, white guy to be her VP candidate.

If she picks Warren she opens the door wide open to losing.

Also, it shows the complete lack of self-awareness the Clinton campaign has if she goes with Warren.

Clinton doesn't need the far left vote, those who were going to vote are already going to vote for her if it is close, she needs to stop blue collar white male Democrats from voting for Trump.

This is literally the worst run election on both sides in political history and yet I can't seem to turn off this train wreck.
    Find me a historical election where party members don't fall in line?

Sure Stein might get 2.5-3%, but at the end of the day swing voters matter, and have mattered since WWII.

There are a lot more blue collar working Democrats in swing states than bleeding heart leftists.

It's the literal disconnect between people who live on the coasts and people who live in swing states.

She needs to win Ohio, Penn, Mich.

Not win Massachusetts 65-35 instead of 60-35.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not only that, but a lot of Bernie supporters are labeling Warren a sellout, and aren't going to be swayed by her inclusion.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not so many. Just some very vocal new media personalities who still hold out the vain hope that Hillary will implode and the DNC will call Bernie in, like Frank Reich of Buffalo Bills fame, to carry the election day. (Fat chance)

Load Metric
    LOL......

Donald Trump used money donated for charity to buy himself a Tim Tebow-signed football helmet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...met/?tid=sm_fb
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

Sure Stein might get 2.5-3%, but at the end of the day swing voters matter, and have mattered since WWII.

There are a lot more blue collar working Democrats in swing states than bleeding heart leftists.

It's the literal disconnect between people who live on the coasts and people who live in swing states.

Easy. 1964. A significant number of establishment GOPers worked publicly and behind the scenes to undermine/derail Goldwater formally get nominated at the convention, as well as speak out against him afterwards. And Goldwater was a sitting US senator!

Comments

handicapme: A mumbles fuck post.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Easy. 1964. A significant number of establishment GOPers worked publicly and behind the scenes to undermine/derail Goldwater formally get nominated at the convention, as well as speak out against him afterwards. And Goldwater was a sitting US senator!
    Conventions are literally made up of the party elite, not your average party member.

Your average party member is voting Dem or Repub based on the letter behind the candidates name regardless of what they say or stand for.

Load Metric

Conventions are literally made up of the party elite, not your average party member.

Your average party member is voting Dem or Repub based on the letter behind the candidates name regardless of what they say or stand for.
    Didn't happen in 1964. LBJ absolutely crushed Goldwater in the general election. I'll let you mumble up the stats on your.

In fact, it also didnt happen for McGovern in 1972, when Nixon smashed the upstart liberal dark horse anti-war senator from South Dakota. And it didnt help that McGovern's first pick for a VP (Eagleton) had to bow out over the revelation that he'd had electroshock therapy to threat depression, something McGovern's team hadn't uncovered when vetting him.

(Side note: If you like American political history and have time to listen to another podcast, I highly recommend Bruce Carlson's "My History Can Beat Up Your Politics".)

P.S. Also applies to Reagan in 1984. In fact, that was probably the year that cemented the notion of 'Reagan Democrats'. Because a LOT of Dems, mostly blue collar folks, voted for Reagan, giving him a clear "mandate".

Comments

The_Lurker: I am so glad you are here to educate us

BiffCo99: .
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-02-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is Alex Jones juicing and hitting up the local tanning bed? I didn't see that coming.
    Rogan probably got him to try TRT

pm
    DJChaps: Alex Jones looks like a Greek God. I'd love to be his personal cum guzzler, yummy.
    Me: Gross, quit pming me fag.

Load Metric

Didn't happen in 1964. LBJ absolutely crushed Goldwater in the general election. I'll let you mumble up the stats on your.

In fact, it also didnt happen for McGovern in 1972, when Nixon smashed the upstart liberal dark horse anti-war senator from South Dakota. And it didnt help that McGovern's first pick for a VP (Eagleton) had to bow out over the revelation that he'd had electroshock therapy to threat depression, something McGovern's team hadn't uncovered when vetting him.

(Side note: If you like American political history and have time to listen to another podcast, I highly recommend Bruce Carlson's "My History Can Beat Up Your Politics".)

P.S. Also applies to Reagan in 1984. In fact, that was probably the year that cemented the notion of 'Reagan Democrats'. Because a LOT of Dems, mostly blue collar folks, voted for Reagan, giving him a clear "mandate".
    My parents were democrats and voted for reagan twice. He was union and worked in a business related to the philly shipyards. He hated carter because he fucked up the economy and was soft on the russians. And he hated that guy with the female vice president who ran against reagan in the mext election. He thought that was a gimmick and didnt want his taxes raised like the democrat candidate (mondole?) promised to do.

Comments

MumblesBadly: MondAle in '84. Perhaps you are conflating him with Dole, who ran (and lost) against Clinton in '96

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyPaper View Post

My parents were democrats and voted for reagan twice. He was union and worked in a business related to the philly shipyards. He hated carter because he fucked up the economy and was soft on the russians. And he hated that guy with the female vice president who ran against reagan in the mext election. He thought that was a gimmick and didnt want his taxes raised like the democrat candidate (mondole?) promised to do.
    This should help shake the cobwebs free.....

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 305
Size:  24.4 KB

Comments

FlyPaper: My father hated that guy too. And voted for bush in 88 and in 92. Still dont know why he just didnt become a republican later in his life.

MumblesBadly: True story: In Boston on a Sunday in January 1991, I briefly met and exchanged greetings with Dukakis as he was walking with an aide going the other way. At a short distance, when he say me staring, he quickly smiled and said "Hey, Mac!"

Platinum
    Load Metric

Maybe Carter really did suck but I imagine the MSM gave Carter the Bernie treatment and that was in the pre internet days. It's really hard to overstate how bad the media and both party establishment exposed themselves this election. If Bernie still gets in the White House that would be epic.

There's only one well known journalist that's still credible. ONE!!! Cenk Uygur I was watching this clip and it became clear that Cenk would of been the best replacement for Jon Stewart on TDS. He can be almost as funny as Jon Stewart w/o the help of writers. He should of changed his name like Stewart but it's to late now. People try to pretend John Oliver's funny but he's not, he's not even remotely funny. Trevor Noah doesn't have it either.

Perfect Stewart replacement imo I didn't see it at the time but yea I bet most of his viewers are ex TDS fans.

+

Comments

MumblesBadly: I like Cenk Uygar for some things, but for my taste, he gets really tiring with how he/crew does so very sloppy work before trumpeting a progressive red-meat angle on some stories.

Load Metric

Shame for your dad and the rest of us that Reagan was a scab union busting sellout to the rich pos

Comments

MumblesBadly: I have a considerably long reply that challenges this particular criticism of Reagan, but it's likely to be a bit long, a bit nuanced for easy reading, and... And I am biting my hands to keep from flooding this thread with posts. ("Aaaarrrrrrggggh!")

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Shame for your dad and the rest of us that Reagan was a scab union busting sellout to the rich pos

trickle down. we are still waiting for it.

fuckin reganomics. great job merica.

bout all I can say about it.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

trickle down. we are still waiting for it.

fuckin reganomics. great job merica.

bout all I can say about it.
    Trickle down was for most folks a trickle of piss on their heads, but my father did much better with reagan as president than if carter was reelected. As i said my father worked in a business rrlated to shipbuilding and reagan boosted spending on ship building. If not for that, he wouldnt have been to afford to move us to a better school district in the philly suburbs.

Plus my father didnt think white collar job unions were legit. He thought that unions were best at protecting guys who worked physical jobs that were dangerous or wore you out by the time you were old enough to retire. And he hated how the teachers would scare the shit out us kids when their contracts were up for renegotiation or there was a school spending bill to be voted on. They would pass, school taxes would go up and school performance got steadily worse anyways.

Oh, and he thought those air traffic controllers were just greedy fucks and was glad they got fired.

Shit. Im rambling. Played poker all night at parx. Got my ass handed to me by some allin jokers and have been up since going over the fucking hands i lost against them. And im now convinced they were colluding even though they loudly argued with each about some hands. Fffffuuuuuuuccccccckkkk! I need some sleep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I totally called it haha. I didn't expect it to be Sarah Palin who fulfilled my prediction that conservatives would act like the UN is here to disarm Americans. The shit the C.E.C. pulls can't hold a candle to the Clinton News Network CNN.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Isn't this an old story by now???

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Modern labor unions are a disaster.

They only benefit the incompetent/lazy employees who have been there for 30 years.

Any attempt to tear apart that model is a good thing.

Comments

FPS_Russia: smh

big dick: smh

SysOp: awful

Load Metric

They only benefit the incompetent/lazy employees who have been there for 30 years.

The mob in philly definitely fucked with the rank and file union members there. There are some stories that my father told me that he said pissed him off to the point where he almost risked his job to bring that shit out in the public. But he feared getting screwed regarding his job, or worse, if he spoke up. Too tired write now to give details. For another time.

Load Metric

Look at any chart on inequality and you can trace a large part of the problem to the decline of unions.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

Look at any chart on inequality and you can trace a large part of the problem to the decline of unions.
    But is the decline of unions a symptom of the same factor responsible for greater inequality, or a cause of it?

Comments

The_Lurker: YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CUNT

handicapme: A mumbles fuck post.

Load Metric

Thread Information