Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Post Radio Comments?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Where Do You Post Radio Comments?

Love the PFA radio shows, a few comments.

1. Druff- please learn how to pronounce the word archive. It's ArKive not ArChive. Why do you think the phone on Mt. Charleston is so funny?

2. Brandon- the self proclaimed "Randy Moss of radio" needs to get some thicker skin. Always feels like everyone is afraid of hurting the guys feelings. Stop talking over everyone, your opinion is usually entertaining but not more important than your co-hosts. Nice to see you occasionally get on sober. If you can't pronounce Speith maybe you shouldn't opine on golf like you know something.

3. Daredevil- a breath of fresh air.

Comments

zealanddonk: Its a running gag fuckface.

Ricky: get him about pahticiption too dog

The Shrink: I don't alway neg rep, but when I do, I prefer to neg rep posts like this

wrenchjockey: First post sucks donkey dick. Looking forward to improvement, not expecting it.

GrenadaRoger: I believe Ar-chives mis-pronunciation goes back a few years to a call-in by TMMLK; now its an insider joke

IAmProfessionalTalk: 2 out of 3 ain't bad

simpdog: Welcome.to PFA

Muck Ficon: Fucking terrible.

Tellafriend: Ban this fucktard.

NaturalBornHustler: Welcome aboard, now die in a grease fire.

Drexel: I misspoke his name, I didn't offer how to play the back 9 at Augusta you faggot.

4Dragons: CHOO CHOO

Pooh: mikeoxlong is god

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oxlong View Post

EXCEPT he'a a Canuck! Eh? Or Huh?

Mike a lot of these things like; AR-chives and phone on Charleston AND Brandon are B.M. - before Mike - and B.D. - before Dicepops - probably on their previous "radio" shows...without being broadcast over the airwaves...vs. Podcast.

Pops

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is nothing funny about the Mt. Charleston phone.

Name:  sklansky-fa.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  pfa-radio.gif
Views: 881
Size:  176.3 KB

Comments

Ricky: rofl

Load Metric

2. Brandon- the self proclaimed "Randy Moss of radio" needs to get some thicker skin. Always feels like everyone is afraid of hurting the guys feelings.
    You seems to be confusing "feelings" with RESPECT, IMO. Telling a man who's broadcast his personal life to us on radio (for our entertainment) that he has thin skin kinda reveals that you've not been paying Attn for long. Again, IMO.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Clearly many inside jokes that us radio only fans do not understand.

I will go back to lurking before the keyboard thugs send me to therapy.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: keep posting, just consider the negs your franchise fee

Hockey Guy: Welcome. What Grenada said.

DRK Star: I finally found out why Druff slaughters AR-KIVES

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Name:  sklansky-fa.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  51.6 KB

Would buy red hoodie

:makeitso

Load Metric

I think I see why there have been technical problems recently with the radio show broadcast: The satellite antennae is not aligned to receive the signal from the ground radar dish. (It's pointed into outer space).

Or is that the satellite to broadcast the show to aliens?

Comments

anchordraw: good catch.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Talking of the Mt. Charleston phone, I did this gif ages ago (it still says Tuesday 6.30 start time).

Never made it to the final cut.

Name:  pfaradio.gif
Views: 801
Size:  1.02 MB
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Jesus I keep everything

Name:  pfa logo 4d.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  181.7 KB

Load Metric

1. Druff- please learn how to pronounce the word archive. It's ArKive not ArChive. Why do you think the phone on Mt. Charleston is so funny?

2. Brandon- the self proclaimed "Randy Moss of radio" needs to get some thicker skin. Always feels like everyone is afraid of hurting the guys feelings. Stop talking over everyone, your opinion is usually entertaining but not more important than your co-hosts. Nice to see you occasionally get on sober. If you can't pronounce Speith maybe you shouldn't opine on golf like you know something.

I agree with the golf issue. There are three posters on PFA who know anything about golf and none were on that phone call.

Comments

Dan Druff: i admit i know nothing about golf

Load Metric
    Druff I wasn't referring to you. We both know you don't know shit about golf but you never claimed to know anything. Poster was referring to Drexels last show I believe because that was when the whole Jordan Spieth thing came up.

Load Metric
    OP, if that's your real name I'd advise you to shut the account down and register a different one without your name in it. You'll thank me later.

Comments

YUUP: I'll donate $10 if you've ever met an Oxlong lol

Sheesfaced: Come on Pooh. Say his full username out loud

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Druff I wasn't referring to you. We both know you don't know shit about golf but you never claimed to know anything. Poster was referring to Drexels last show I believe because that was when the whole Jordan Spieth thing came up.

Hi.

I am not by any means a golf expect but I do think I know more then most. The context in which this came up on the show was regarding a discussion whether or not we believed Woods would win another major (which i don't) and break Jacks record (which I obv don't)

Spieth (and I did mutt his name up) was only brought up by me as an example of someone so talented that would make it even harder for me to believe tiger has even one last major in him.

We weren't talking about golf strategy or how to read a green, I just fucked up his name.

I don't mean to be defensive. I truly am not. But I just wanted to make it clear the context in which Spieth's name came up.

Carry on.

Load Metric

I can take criticism. I make it a habit to ask those that have listened to our shows/my shows what they think, both the good and the bad, as I do strive to always improve.

Sometimes I do talk over my co-hosts and you're right, that is something I need to work on.

Daredevil is a breath of fresh air and is highly intelligent, articulate and funny- a great combo for radio.

Lastly, although I am far from a choir boy, I do not use any drugs. In years past, I took prescription ambien which I learned gave me a feeling of euphoria and energy if I fought off the initial urge to sleep. I used to do all night radio on it. I haven't used ambien in almost 3 years.

I did all the basic stuff kids did back in college but we're taking almost 20 years.

I don't even enjoy pot. I haven't in almost a decade. So please feel free to post your opinions good and bad but don't erroneously state I do radio high when I have been sober on every show I have been apart of on Pfa.

I do once in a while partake in a fine bottle of scotch that I would be willing to wager is more than your monthly nut, but that's neither here nor there.

ZOD

Comments

jacosta24: Captain Zambien rep
    Last edited by Drexel; 01-29-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

I can take criticism. I make it a habit to ask those that have listened to our shows/my shows what they think, both the good and the bad, as I do strive to always improve.

Sometimes I do talk over my co-hosts and you're right, that is something I need to work on.

Daredevil is a breath of fresh air and is highly intelligent, articulate and funny- a great combo for radio.

Lastly, although I am far from a choir boy, I do not use any drugs. In years past, I took prescription ambien which I learned gave me a feeling of euphoria and energy if I fought off the initial urge to sleep. I used to do all night radio on it. I haven't used ambien in almost 3 years.

I did all the basic stuff kids did back in college but we're taking almost 20 years.

I don't even enjoy pot. I haven't in almost a decade. So please feel free to post your opinions good and band but don't erroneously state I do radio high when I have been sober on every show I have been apart of on Pfa.

I do once in a while partake in a fine bottle of scotch that I would be willing to wager is more than your monthly nut, but that's neither here nor there.

ZOD
    Ambien is very dangerous. A friend of mine addicted to Adderall during the day and Ambien at night recently took a permanent nap. Of course a lot of whiskey was involved but the autopsy suggested the prescription drugs shut down his system.

Good call on ditching the Ambien.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Quit lying. You have no friends

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Hi.

I am not by any means a golf expect but I do think I know more then most. The context in which this came up on the show was regarding a discussion whether or not we believed Woods would win another major (which i don't) and break Jacks record (which I obv don't)

Spieth (and I did mutt his name up) was only brought up by me as an example of someone so talented that would make it even harder for me to believe tiger has even one last major in him.

We weren't talking about golf strategy or how to read a green, I just fucked up his name.

I don't mean to be defensive. I truly am not. But I just wanted to make it clear the context in which Spieth's name came up.

Carry on.
    I wasn't referring to misspeaking his name. I was referring to the golf history and facts being thrown around. There was a lot of fail there. You said nobody has had a good career over 40. Check out Vijay's and Kenny Perry's post 40 results. Granted Vijay was all hopped up on deer antler spray but regardless.

Arguing Tiger never had the talent these guys have now. I call bs on that too. If there was no Tiger then Phil would have 15 majors. Els would have a bunch more. A lot of guys would've had a bunch.

I think BNP said Spieth is playing like Tiger did in his prime. Tiger in his prime would've wiped his ass with anyone playing now. They guy was that fucking good. Was he as good as Jack? Hell no he wasn't. Sure Jack has 18 to Tiger's 14 majors. The little talked about fact is Tiger has 6 runner ups. Jack has 19. Fucking 19. He even said himself that if he knew a guy (Tiger) was going to make a run at his major title then he would've had at least 25. I bet he would have gotten 30 if he wanted. The guy dominated that much.

Overall, the fields are deeper right now but I'll have to see this play out before I can say any of these guys can even approach Phil, let alone Tiger.

Comments

anchordraw: [plain]One thing many forget, Jack played against Gary Player, Arnold Palmer, and Tom Watson, who many regard as in the top ten of all time. I would guess the 100th best player in Jack day was not as good as 100th best today. Fields are deeper toda

Load Metric
    Maybe my confusion is that you are attributing to me comments made by others during the show. I did say I didn't think it was likely Tiger would win a major again as well as I thought he had a slim to none chance of breaking Jack's record.

I didn't say anything discounting healthy golfers in there 40's. I'm well aware that golfers such as you mentioned and many others excelled into there 40's.

I do believe that the younger players now are better than the overall field Tiger competed against 15-20 years ago. But again these are just opinions and I stated mine.

You're right we'll have just see how it plays out. I did however read an article from a unamed source that allegedly was close to Tiger who claimed that Tiger may permanently retire from competitive golf if he doesn't fully recover from his last surgery and isn't able to compete again at a optimum level.

Anyhow way for much golf talk for me. Have a good weekend pooh.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Prime Tiger stepping off the time machine would be a dog to half a dozen guys today.

Prime Nicklaus wouldn't even be competitive on 2016 Web.com tour.

Comments

General Bonkers: ive never neg rept but this is fucking stupid

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Prime Tiger stepping off the time machine would be a dog to half a dozen guys today.

Prime Nicklaus wouldn't even be competitive on 2016 Web.com tour.
    Nicklaus tied for 6th at the Masters in 1998, I am gonna guess he was 58 years old. What could he have done if he was 30 years younger? Impossible to know but the Web.com tour fail outcome seems unlikely. Has the average player really evolved that much that he is downgraded to Web.com?

I don't think he ever lifted a weight, does he get the better nutrition and trainers of today's player in this hypothetical?

In 1980 he averaged 269 off the tee at age 40 with a Wooden driver.

As far as prime Tiger being a dog to so many current players, take a look at the current top 20 in the world golf ranking. Past prime Tiger is easily better than many of them.

Lets look at Furyk and Sergio, they are ranked 9th and 12th in the world right now. Lets think about how much better 1999 Tiger is than Furyk at 45 and Sergio 36. If they can make top 12 you really believe peak Tiger can't crack the top 6?

Ironically i am not a fan of either golfer, but this Professionaltalk gentleman seems to be under rating them.

Peace,

Hozer11
    Last edited by Hozer11; 01-29-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Tiger is done re: majors

he may pop a random event here and there in the next few years before he retires

but that's it

on a side note...

Pooh knows his golf

Thread Information