Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

David Tuchman calls Mason Malmuth a clown

Banned
    Load Metric
    Got a timestamp for that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL Tuchman. I'm sure ProfessionalPoker has caught word and perm banned his 2+2 account.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the 2+2 thread about it:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...clown-1586358/

ProfessionalPoker responded by offering Mason's book at 10% off with promo code "Tuchman".

Mason insisted that Tuchman misunderstood him, and never read his books.

In response to ProfessionalPoker's post, Tuchman simply responded:

Brilliant! Well played sir...

I'd love a copy and an opportunity to discuss it with you

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mason is a clown in a lot of ways.

I believe he said on one of ChicagoJoey podcasts how what you eat don't really matter when it comes to playing poker. This might hold true for some 22 year old guy but as I hit my early 30s if I was to go pound a buffet and eat a bunch of carbs I would feel fatigue when playing right afterwards. Perhaps I'd go eat some fried food or seafood in butter then that might send me to the bathroom, which is -EV for game play too.

I didn't read this thread until now but it's a bunch of goons on 2+2 defending the Hitler they follow and not much else.

Mason writes in this post:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...5&postcount=27

But in poker, the knowledge component is huge compared to the knowledge component and my book clearly says that the way you solve many of the mental issues.....
    The knowledge component is huge compared to the knowledge component?

I thought I was drunk the first time I read that but nope.

Comments

anchordraw: Poker is getting tough, Mason is just trying to dumb down the player pool. I hope lots of players read his book.

Load Metric
    Jesus how fucking over inflated is Malmutts ego.. This is the most recent post where the thread on four regarding the same title is running.. Its Malmutt responding to somebody's question and Malmutt responds acting like he's Gods fucking gift to poker.. Jesus this fuckwad is delusional to say the least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Captain Freedom View Post

Looking at the start of this thread, I'm a little surprised by DT. Not a fan of people calling names. Seems pretty juvenile and doesn't do much good for the poker industry.

I don't have a dog in this hunt - I'm not friends with either MM or DT, but believe I've played with both enough in past 10 or so years to offer a view on the topic (which admittedly may have little meaning on the context of the book discussion.)

Between the 2 of them:

1. Which one has played NL as a main source of income (and probably the longest)?

2. Which has seen the most NL live hands (with and without hole cards)?

3. Which has the best reads and best understanding of player tendencies?

4. Which one would I want to coach me as a beginner in all the nuances of gambling & NLH?

5. Which one would I personally back to play NLH?

6. Which one could write the best poker book, "execution/mental game" or "knowledge" (ie. the one to make the most $ longterm?)

Pretty sure Question #1-5 all have same answer for me. #6 is a don't know/not sure. But #1-5 lend alot of credibility towards the content of #6.

Just a view.
    ----------------------------------------Malmutt's response below.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What an obnoxious post. I hope you're aware that I could give a long list of different questions where your hero would not fare so well. But I'll only give one.

1. Who has done more towards revolutionizing not only how experts today think about poker but how they play as well?

And the answer isn't close.

MM

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason Malmuth
    Who has done more towards revolutionizing not only how experts today think about poker but how they play as well?

Oh, my sides...........

Malmutt really thinks he "revolutionized" poker -- both in how it's played and analyzed.

This guy is beyond delusional.

He has had a negligible effect on the play and analysis of poker, aside from publishing a few (now mostly antiquated) books written by others.

Malmutt has never been a revolutionary, influential, or unique mind in poker. He is a tight ABC rock player. There are scores of him in every card room in the nation.

Malmutt's only "contrbution" to the poker world has been running the biggest poker forum. However, if he were never born, another incarnation of 2+2 would exist, run by someone else. Even there, he didn't do anything special. He was just first to market.

Congrats to him for making a lot of money through book sales and website traffic, but to call himself a poker revolutionary is just beyond laughable.

Load Metric
    I played 20/40 LH with MM a couple of times at Belaggio. His mood at the table can only be described as dour. Personally, I play poker because it is fun. Never saw him crack a smile. I will say this about his publications, the Theory of Poker is the first book a every beginner should read. Also, if you mastered the concepts in Hold'em for Advanced Players back in the early 90s, you could pretty much crush any game on the West Coast. Of course, Skalansky and Zee were the brains behind those early 2+2 books, not Mason.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Mason is a clown in a lot of ways.

I believe he said on one of ChicagoJoey podcasts how what you eat don't really matter when it comes to playing poker. This might hold true for some 22 year old guy but as I hit my early 30s if I was to go pound a buffet and eat a bunch of carbs I would feel fatigue when playing right afterwards. Perhaps I'd go eat some fried food or seafood in butter then that might send me to the bathroom, which is -EV for game play too.

I didn't read this thread until now but it's a bunch of goons on 2+2 defending the Hitler they follow and not much else.

Mason writes in this post:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...5&postcount=27

But in poker, the knowledge component is huge compared to the knowledge component and my book clearly says that the way you solve many of the mental issues.....
    The knowledge component is huge compared to the knowledge component?

I thought I was drunk the first time I read that but nope.
    A shame that thread about David Tuchman calling Mason Malmuth a clown has been taken down from 2p2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Thread Information