Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ThisGuyIsWhat exposed "editing" vulnerability of this forum

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

ThisGuyIsWhat exposed "editing" vulnerability of this forum

Shortly before he realized he would be banned, ThisGuyIsWhat wigged out and edited almost all of his hundreds of posts to say nothing but "I HATE POOH".

This took a lot of time, so I'm shocked he went and did this. Actually, I'm not too shocked.

Anyway, this made me realize that any user could go back and erase their posts from years back if they wanted. Therefore, I have changed the forum to where you can now only edit your posts up to 2 hours after you make it. Once you do that, it's set in stone. This also applies to deleting messages.

The good news is that vBulletin saves a post history for all edits, so I can roll back ThisGuyIsWhat's changes, and his original postings will stand.

The bad news is that vBulletin does not have a function to roll back edits (lol), so I will have to go into the database and execute some commands to do it myself. I'll do that later.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Good idea re editing timeframe.

rum dick: meh his posts werent that great....save yourself some time and leave them as is. besides hundreds of "I hate pooh" are pretty funny.

Load Metric
    So he did some good for the site after all.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Instead of banning him you should have hired him as a voluntary admin and put him in charge of tasks like editing out the pickering thread. That Cambodia thread he churned out was interesting and not badly written. Too bad poo pushed him over the edge by mocking him for making 6 hundro a month teaching English.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Mostly this.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Seems strange that posters calling for bannings left and right also like to congratulate themselves for being hardened by an era when this community was supposedly a nasty broken bottle melee.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-01-24-09-14-38-1.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  519.0 KB

Comments

Pooh: LMAO HOF

Starbucks Spunk Bucket:
    Last edited by Gordman; 01-24-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Load Metric
    Just like to point out

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...rett/page7#129

Name:  101415_tor_bats_batflip_lowres_gjvlzoc9.gif
Views: 602
Size:  898.6 KB

At first when I read the Cambodia thread I thought he was interesting but then his constant threats and slowly realizing that he wasn't 22 or 23 but more likely in his mid 30's I realized the guy had serious mental health issues.

Also almost every person I met in South Korea this fall who was an English teacher was at least one or two steps away from normal, add to that voluntarily teaching English in Cambodia when you could teach in Korea or China for 5-10x more annually means you have to be a couple steps away from normal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    Seems strange that posters calling for bannings left and right also like to congratulate themselves for being hardened by an era when this community was supposedly a nasty broken bottle melee.
    Broken bottle melee between smart college educated kids who are playing poker and are in their early 20's, is totally different than mental ill losers who are in their 30's and 40's.

Comments

rum dick: this

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    Broken bottle melee between smart college educated kids who are playing poker and are in their early 20's, is totally different than mental ill losers who are in their 30's and 40's.
    I can't think of any demographic less interesting than recent college graduates.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Instead of banning him you should have hired him as a voluntary admin and put him in charge of tasks like editing out the pickering thread. That Cambodia thread he churned out was interesting and not badly written. Too bad poo pushed him over the edge by mocking him for making 6 hundro a month teaching English.
    for the 50th time i didn't mock him. i just pointed out he made more than sparten. wtf?

Load Metric
    Just like to point out

At first when I read the Cambodia thread I thought he was interesting but then his constant threats and slowly realizing that he wasn't 22 or 23 but more likely in his mid 30's I realized the guy had serious mental health issues.

Also almost every person I met in South Korea this fall who was an English teacher was at least one or two steps away from normal, add to that voluntarily teaching English in Cambodia when you could teach in Korea or China for 5-10x more annually means you have to be a couple steps away from normal.
    So what you're saying is this guy's a few bricks short of a full load?

Load Metric
    I HATE POOH

Load Metric
    Delaware, your thoughts on this recent development.

TIA

Load Metric
    ThisGuyIsWhat has a very similar writing style to one of this forums most infamous regulars.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: 408mike?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Delaware, your thoughts on this recent development.

TIA
    Let me help- Druff China and Vegas are Gods gift to poker. China could win 78k minimum if he came to Vegas, but will easily do $65k online. Also Delaware played 19 sessions last month, winning 18x. Lastly he's broke and needs light bill money cause his wife died and he wants sympathy

I hate pooh

Comments

Pooh: lol nh. legit lol even tho we hate each other (allegedly)
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Banned
    Load Metric

Name:  Razor-Ramon-Black-Dressing.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  81.3 KB

?

Load Metric
    Just like to point out

I'm living in the same complex as a woman who taught in South Korea for 5 years and got banned from entering South Korea for unknown reasons. One night when her and this Swedish guy were having an argument she broke a bottle and threatened me with it for "not supporting" her in an argument I wasn't even paying attention to.

Load Metric
    Don't see the harm of allowing posters to go back and edit old posts. Wish you would reconsider this move OP. Since you will retain any original post nothing is really lost. This makes PFA a bit more like 4. I think their window is 30 min.

Besides, who could ever hate Pooh?

Banned
    Load Metric
    I always thought it was odd that you could edit posts at any time, but assumed it was that way by design. It'll be interesting to read Marty's posts now that he can't sleep it off and delete embarrassing posts in the morning.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This was a huge pain in the ass, but I was so irritated that this guy wiped all of his posts (including ones in non-controversial threads) to where I spent some time today reversing it.

Broke PFA in the process (which is why it was down for a bit), but it's all back up and fixed. I don't think there are any side effects, but if they are, let me know. I backed up the whole thing about an hour ago just in case.

Anyway, all of his posts are BACK.

Shameful that vBulletin saves edit history but has no way to roll back posts.

Thread Information