Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Gun actors 26 years later

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Top Gun actors 26 years later

Name:  577487_10151693074490713_208421665712_23933684_151279912_n.jpg
Views: 12868
Size:  24.9 KB

Tom Cruise was the only one to age well.

Kelly McGillis also came out as a lesbian a few years ago. She looks like one now. Didn't look at all like one in 1986.

Val Kilmer seems to have aged in a similar fashion to the way Don Johnson did.

Load Metric
    That seems to be an odd-angle shot of Kilmer, he doesn't look that bad on film recently.

Also, talk about one of the most underrated actors during that time frame. His Doc Holiday in Tombstone was one of the best 10 roles in a movie during those 26 years. The Doors, Heat, The Saint, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Spartan, fuckin Willow...he always seemed to be the guy who outshined the rest of his cast in otherwise average to above average movies.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    tom cruise looks good as he has kept all his hair and is still quite lean

val kilmer is just bloated, luckily for him, he still has his hair...just needs to lose weight

Kelly McGillis is a lesbian, so she wants to look like shit

anthony edwards looks ok, he is just bald

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post

val kilmer is just bloated, luckily for him, he still has his hair...just needs to lose weight
    Name:  val-kilmer-fat.jpg
Views: 15829
Size:  22.7 KB

Val Kilmer...

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Kelly McGillis was brutally raped by a couple thugs in NYC when she was still a struggling actress, so I can hardly blame her for not wanting any part of men. I remember hearing the story way back at the time of Top Gun. I'm pretty sure one of the rapists got out and raped again a few years ago iirc.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Val needs to watch his sodium intake, that shit is dangerous cuz.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    don't forget about, slider.

Rick Rossovich

i saw him on house hunters internationl on tvg, when his son was looking for a apt/house in sweden. it made no reference of him being an actor.

this guy played in quite a few movies and then vanished. he was also in ternminator and had a line "don't make me bust you up" when arnie was trying to kill sarah connor and her rommate got into the way...he obv had to take both roomate and boyfried out.

Name:  gal_topgun_rossovich-569x300.jpg
Views: 6751
Size:  40.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Kelly McGillis was brutally raped by a couple thugs in NYC when she was still a struggling actress, so I can hardly blame her for not wanting any part of men. I remember hearing the story way back at the time of Top Gun. I'm pretty sure one of the rapists got out and raped again a few years ago iirc.
    She said that she discovered she was a lesbian when she was 12, so the rape (which occurred in 1982, when she was in her early 20s) probably didn't factor into her sexual orientation.

People convicted of "stranger rape" should be locked up for life. There is no way to rehabilitate them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    That seems to be an odd-angle shot of Kilmer, he doesn't look that bad on film recently.

Also, talk about one of the most underrated actors during that time frame. His Doc Holiday in Tombstone was one of the best 10 roles in a movie during those 26 years. The Doors, Heat, The Saint, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Spartan, fuckin Willow...he always seemed to be the guy who outshined the rest of his cast in otherwise average to above average movies.

Wonderland is one of my favorite movies that I can watch over and over. He does an AMAZING John Holmes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    She said that she discovered she was a lesbian when she was 12, so the rape (which occurred in 1982, when she was in her early 20s) probably didn't factor into her sexual orientation.

People convicted of "stranger rape" should be locked up for life. There is no way to rehabilitate them.

It might not have factored in at that time, but it definitely sealed the deal on her not wanting dick!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    2 more actors that had minor roles in that movie that became big stars down the road were Tim Robbins and Meg Ryan. Ryan especially had a good run in the 90s until age and too much plastic surgery appear to have caught up to her.

Load Metric

Honestly, I'm not sure I believe her regarding her sexuality after reading up on her after I made the post. She was already married and divorced by that point at 22, and then she married another dude after that until the early 2000's. I totally believe many people are born gay or straight, but for others, I think they fall somewhere on a different spectrum.

For instance, yahoo today has a lol article about Cynthia Nixon getting married to her gal pal, the lol part is her mate's pic. Her quote struck me as very likely true, and part of the reason it's hard to have a discussion regarding homosexuality with gay or religious people, because there is no middle ground with either party, and they won't entertain the notion that some people may be born gay, and some may choose it. McGillis said she was with a gf when raped, and viewed the rape as "god's punishment." But I can't find anything linking the original case with a witness, or anything else. It may be true, but it's also possible that it fucked up her head, understandably, her looks faded, and somewhere at some point she just decided that she found life and companionship safer with a woman. A lot of these middle aged to older ladies, I'm not so sure how gay they really are, if they're bi-sexual, or if they are just sick of men and how men are obsessed with young women, or have had bad experiences with men in general.

I don't really care how they live, and it's moronic of me to waste a moment caring or discrediting what a woman claims is her sexuality, but it's more of a long-time general question I've always had when I try to contextualize how people identify sexuality, and I don't always view their opinions as fact, and I think they make statements that will get them acceptance and approval from the group they're now trying to identify with. This is Nixon's comment, and I think she is being truthful, and why being part of a movement is always problematic, because they want you to tow the party line.

Name:  cynthia-nixon-and-christine-marinoni3.jpg
Views: 5260
Size:  38.0 KB

"I gave a speech recently, an empowerment speech to a gay audience, and it included the line 'I've been straight and I've been gay, and gay is better.'"

"And they tried to get me to change it, because they said it implies that homosexuality can be a choice," she said. "And for me, it is a choice. I understand that for many people it's not, but for me it's a choice, and you don't get to define my gayness for me."

Load Metric
    such a waste
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric

Honestly, I'm not sure I believe her regarding her sexuality after reading up on her after I made the post. She was already married and divorced by that point at 22, and then she married another dude after that until the early 2000's. I totally believe many people are born gay or straight, but for others, I think they fall somewhere on a different spectrum.

For instance, yahoo today has a lol article about Cynthia Nixon getting married to her gal pal, the lol part is her mate's pic. Her quote struck me as very likely true, and part of the reason it's hard to have a discussion regarding homosexuality with gay or religious people, because there is no middle ground with either party, and they won't entertain the notion that some people may be born gay, and some may choose it. McGillis said she was with a gf when raped, and viewed the rape as "god's punishment." But I can't find anything linking the original case with a witness, or anything else. It may be true, but it's also possible that it fucked up her head, understandably, her looks faded, and somewhere at some point she just decided that she found life and companionship safer with a woman. A lot of these middle aged to older ladies, I'm not so sure how gay they really are, if they're bi-sexual, or if they are just sick of men and how men are obsessed with young women, or have had bad experiences with men in general.

I don't really care how they live, and it's moronic of me to waste a moment caring or discrediting what a woman claims is her sexuality, but it's more of a long-time general question I've always had when I try to contextualize how people identify sexuality, and I don't always view their opinions as fact, and I think they make statements that will get them acceptance and approval from the group they're now trying to identify with. This is Nixon's comment, and I think she is being truthful, and why being part of a movement is always problematic, because they want you to tow the party line.

Name:  cynthia-nixon-and-christine-marinoni3.jpg
Views: 5260
Size:  38.0 KB

"I gave a speech recently, an empowerment speech to a gay audience, and it included the line 'I've been straight and I've been gay, and gay is better.'"

"And they tried to get me to change it, because they said it implies that homosexuality can be a choice," she said. "And for me, it is a choice. I understand that for many people it's not, but for me it's a choice, and you don't get to define my gayness for me."

BCR is god
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Kelly has become very bitter in recent years. Best movie she was in. She goes topless in this movie. Why she faded I have no idea.

Load Metric
    Kelly McGillis apparently wasn't asked to be in Top Gun 2. Weird.

Name:  spl5105035_001.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  71.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

LOL!

Load Metric
    Death certificates in near future will read, CAUSE; STANDARD AMERICAN DIET/LIFESTYLE

Comments

splitthis: So true

Load Metric
    Watching these 10 year later shows like the Hills is depressing although they look pretty good, now that 90210 crowd is scary.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

Aging is a bitch.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information