Thread: Bovada new update on January 6th is awful and buggy as hell

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bovada new update on January 6th is awful and buggy as hell

This new update is the worst, I made a call to Bovada and they wanted to troubleshoot my computer with stupid stuff and even requested I uninstall the client then re-install. This is the worst because not only do you lose your settings but it won't fix a damn thing until they release another update with fixes or go back to the previous software version.

Without making a long write up since I don't have the time at the moment I will say the lobby is slower with ugly smaller fonts, the tables take longer to load up with a percentage counter thing as they load as if it's some old java game, the fonts on the tables look ugly along with the way the any of just the basic animations show up (I have most of silly ones like celebration stuff off already), etc...

Everything is much more laggy in general.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    This new update is the worst, I made a call to Bovada and they wanted to troubleshoot my computer with stupid stuff and even requested I uninstall the client then re-install. This is the worst because not only do you lose your settings but it won't fix a damn thing until they release another update with fixes or go back to the previous software version.

Without making a long write up since I don't have the time at the moment I will say the lobby is slower with ugly smaller fonts, the tables take longer to load up with a percentage counter thing as they load as if it's some old java game, the fonts on the tables look ugly along with the way the any of just the basic animations show up (I have most of silly ones like celebration stuff off already), etc...

Everything is much more laggy in general.
    Reminds me of the old Bodog days when every update would break something and make the software worse.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I'm glad I read this here because I thought it was just my computer that was causing the problems with Bovada. It is awful, but isn't that true of almost every "upgrade" ever? Have you looked at the new WPT "upgraded" site - it's absurd. My bootleg Amazon Fire stick was updated last night and today it's pretty much worthless.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I played it tonight.

Lagged a little, and there were definitely some bugs (such as the lobby disconnecting, and making it impossible for me to rebuy), but I am not experiencing the extreme problems that others are running into.

Look at this 2+2 thread about it: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...mment-1580370/

From what I can gather, I am having a better experience because I am running Windows 10, 1080p resolution, and a new computer. So I guess I bought my new system at just the right time. The people experiencing the biggest problems are ones with older computers, Windows 7, and/or less than 1080p resolution.

They had better fix this quickly before they drive away all the fish.

It looks like they reproduced the crappy mobile site on the PC. Not smart.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I started a thread before seeing this one, that's how miffed I am over the update.

The software has updated from 4.25 to 4.27.1 and it seems we have gone backwards

- software is super laggy, especially the lobby and crazy input lag (within each table decision and switching around to anything you click on in the tournament lobby or to SNG or cash and also when you type into chat)
    - unable to use mods to change chips, cards, card backs, table felts, etc
    - tables now have loading times and some have experienced disconnections
    - text now scales w table sizes and is barely legible and unclear even at default sizes
    - you can't pop out the chat
    - the mouse cursor is now a hand instead of an arrow around the bet bar
    - No more stud games and less SNG satellites
    - a seat is automatically picked when you select a cash table
    - the slider is a fancy circle instead of the old slider and it does not slide properly

AND I have no sound

The update also does not allow folks to use huds (on either bovada and bodog) and from what I gathered in reading some of the forums and reddit and 2p2, it seems as if this is an update to discourage multi tabling, as supposed to enhance it.

I bet they went to the mobile client bc it saves them money to combine the two
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 01-08-2016 at 08:46 PM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Totally unplayable. What a dumpster fire clusterfuck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm actually happy if they shut out HUDs somehow, but geez, this software is terrible. This isn't the way to accomplish it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wonder how many clowns emailed bovada saying their hud wasn't working not caring about all the other problems the new client has?

Their hud not working is a dream come true for Bovada but most likely holdem indicator will fix all of these issues once a patched client from Bovada gets released.

Even Bovada can't leave this software it it's current state. If this was Pokerstars they would have tested a lot of these features much better since they have more then a few person coding team and never released it in the first place. If something in a release came out buggy they would have pulled the client a few hours after it came out and roll it back which is what Bovada needs to do.

IMO Bovada will fix this or go back to the old client by Sunday morning because it's the biggest poker day of the week for mtts, cash,etc...

I'd almost rather play on 1995 Pacific Poker then this shit.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 01-09-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update hasn't been awful for me (though I agree it sucks), until tonight.

Wouldn't let me sit at any table. Kept saying it "had a problem adding chips", and just left my seat showing "reserved".

Oddly, I could still chat. Didn't work for me at any table.

By the time this fixed itself, someone else grabbed my seat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I won't get started with all the issues I've had but they did tell me on Saturday that the software would be updated Sunday morning between 3am and 5am which it never was.

Hopefully they will fix at least some of these issues and are just taking their time. The computer I'm using most of the time has a Intel i7 processor with 16 GB of ram and I haven't updated from Windows 7 Premium because I like it but it shouldn't matter. Take a look at this shitty software as it was before but is worse now and tell me that it should hog up a bunch of memory or run slow? I've seen way more resource intensive stuff run in Windows 98 then this Bovada client should be.

One time a few years back on another Windows 7 computer I was using Bovada suggested to me I downgrade to Windows Vista which was at least 15 months after Windows 7 came out for a better playing experience with them. I laughed and said to the guy on the phone REALLY?????

The software hogs up a bunch of memory if I don't close it much since I think it stores lobby info in it or whatever and I play mtts and sngs for the most part.

Another thing frustrating on HU sngs is when loading the table sticks at 97% and sometimes it takes you a minute or two to get into the game so your opponent who is in already blinds you off 150 chips or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Turning off the animations has helped me kill off most of the lag.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    I've had success telling clients to uninstall the program using Revo Uninstaller, being sure to remove all registry entries, reboot, and reinstall from scratch. Yes, you will have to redo all of your settings this way, but it's a small price to pay for being able to play again

If that doesn't work, here are more thorough instructions on what to try when a poker client screws up: how to fix most poker client issues

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HowQuaint View Post
    I've had success telling clients to uninstall the program using Revo Uninstaller, being sure to remove all registry entries, reboot, and reinstall from scratch. Yes, you will have to redo all of your settings this way, but it's a small price to pay for being able to play again

If that doesn't work, here are more thorough instructions on what to try when a poker client screws up: how to fix most poker client issues
    Thanks for that info.

I've been fortunate in that the software hasn't caused any disconnects or freeze-ups for me. The only issue it's caused has been the lobby disconnecting (where you also can't rebuy when this happens, so that's annoying).

However, I have experienced disconnects due to internet problems in 2016, but that's not Bovada's fault.

For those wondering, while this guy's links are spammy-looking, he's probably providing legit advice. I know who he is, and while he also might be posting this advice to help gain traffic to his business and provide additional SEO credibility, he's also providing useful info, so I'll let the post stand.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HowQuaint View Post

Thanks for that info.

I've been fortunate in that the software hasn't caused any disconnects or freeze-ups for me. The only issue it's caused has been the lobby disconnecting (where you also can't rebuy when this happens, so that's annoying).

However, I have experienced disconnects due to internet problems in 2016, but that's not Bovada's fault.

For those wondering, while this guy's links are spammy-looking, he's probably providing legit advice. I know who he is, and while he also might be posting this advice to help gain traffic to his business and provide additional SEO credibility, he's also providing useful info, so I'll let the post stand.
    Love ya DD

For the Bovada disconnects, one thing you can try that has seemed to help some people is swapping from whatever your ISP's DNS servers are to using Google DNS servers. They seem to update very quickly compared to pretty much everything else.

Thread Information