Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 01/20/2016 - $85 FREEROLL - Daredevil co-hosts

Load Metric
    I can confirm that when Tyde called in there was a problem with his phone line. Not sure how it came across to the audience, but as a co-host I couldn't make out what he was saying.

I fell asleep at the end of the show last night, the last thing I remember was saying how the show has a problem with repetition. Druff agreed with me, then started to repeat the whole end times saga of dokndown. Oh well, scorpion and the frog.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Spot on parable!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Haven't listened to the show yet but by just reading the posts it looks like Brandon might be on his last leg. I noticed in one of the last shows Brandon is acting a bit entitled and getting more and more annoyed with Druff's general Jewy self and his refusal to open up about little things in his personal life. Hopefully I'm wrong because I enjoy what both bring to the table together but If I had to choose I'd go with Druff's consistency and nerdy topics.
    Last edited by jacosta24; 01-21-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Load Metric
    Todd,

You may want to go the route of Pardon the Interruption and have a clock for each topic. Give us the run down on the topics, and give us a time frame for each topic. It may help keep the show more focused and manageable. Allow 3-5 minutes for any guests to call in, during topics, and then move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyisWhat View Post
    Why is Brandon/Drexels emotional fragility tolerated? He is honestly good on the radio, but he is such a baby when he doesn't get his way or if he fears he will have to face a confrontation. I genuinely find this frustrating when listening to the show and always have. In this regard, I believe Todd gives him too much say, which takes away from the show. Hey, just one man's opinion!
    My impression is that we have to take the good with the bad re Brandon's sometimes-primadonna jags.

P.S. Brandon, I defended your ass on a number of occasions, but since you last came back after Druff apologized for cuttin you off when the car salesman called in, you've seemed different. Sort of entitled. Not exactly the Brandon I fully enjoying hearing on the show in the past.

Are you copecetic, dude? Or is something nagging at you off-show?

My beef with you was that it was obviously bad form especially from a newbie to even open your mouth about Aldo after two decade + forum members lost 6 figures on him. Utterly stupid move on your part. In another era, you would at minimum be bagged (bet you don't know what that is) and possibly banned.

Am I acting entitled? Maybe I have a right to be entitled? At what point does someone keep giving there heart into something until it reaches the point that the frustration boils over?

Druff is great at all he does for reasons I said on radio and posted, but I'm not second fiddle to anyone. When I'm talking I want the respect to finish what I am saying before I am interupted, just as I would for my cohosts. My time is more valuable than to sit with a head set on for an hour without getting a word in edge wise while I listen to how to buy a car. Maybe I'm arrogant, so be it but I am not second fiddle to Druff just as he is not second fiddle to me.

I hope this clears up your question

Load Metric
    can't wait to listen to the show. what's going on lol

ps: Brandon you make the show 1000x better, buddy.

Comments

Drexel: Thank you

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Before i fell asleep i caught the Matthew Maraffioti segment. Holy shit i havnt laughed like that in a while.. i was literally laughing my ass off with the photo will's and all those random characters. Great job by druff and daredevil clowning him that was HOF to me. Has to be some truth to his story but still wow funny as hell.

Comments

Daredevil: ty ty. That was probably my fave moment of the show last night too.

ThisGuyisWhat: Looking forward to this. NOBODY ignores me on TWITTER except Matt maraffioti and im his biggest fan, what give what gives?

Dan Druff: those type of segments are always the ones i look forward to the most

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

My impression is that we have to take the good with the bad re Brandon's sometimes-primadonna jags.

P.S. Brandon, I defended your ass on a number of occasions, but since you last came back after Druff apologized for cuttin you off when the car salesman called in, you've seemed different. Sort of entitled. Not exactly the Brandon I fully enjoying hearing on the show in the past.

Are you copecetic, dude? Or is something nagging at you off-show?

My beef with you was that it was obviously bad form especially from a newbie to even open your mouth about Aldo after two decade + forum members lost 6 figures on him. Utterly stupid move on your part. In another era, you would at minimum be bagged (bet you don't know what that is) and possibly banned.

I understand and apologized for it. Again, I'm sorry.

Am I acting entitled? Maybe I have a right to be entitled? At what point does someone keep giving there heart into something until it reaches the point that the frustration boils over?

Druff is great at all he does for reasons I said on radio and posted, but I'm not second fiddle to anyone. When I'm talking I want the respect to finish what I am saying before I am interupted, just as I would for my cohosts. My time is more valuable than to sit with a head set on for an hour without getting a word in edge wise while I listen to how to buy a car. Maybe I'm arrogant, so be it but I am not second fiddle to Druff just as he is not second fiddle to me.

I agree that your time is valuable. And I can understand how it can be frustrating when Druff gets all involved with letting a caller talk on and on, especially when the call interrupted your train of thought. Perhaps you and Druff need to set some ground rules for when you are co-hosting. Such as setting it aside as a no-call-in period until Druff asks you about it, and gets your OK. That way, you won't be blindsided by Druff going off and accepting calls when you are on a roll chatting it up as many of us enjoy.

But also, expect Druff to forget, and calmly remind him in the moment when he is not respecting your time. Because he almost certainly will do so again even if he agrees to no-call in ground rules.

And perhaps an incentive to help him remember is for him to owes you a burger each time he does it, and multiples of the infraction is severe. A few stings like that will sharpen his focus on the matter.

I hope this clears up your question
    Yes. And thank you for taking the time to discuss. That helps a lot.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This week's donkament results. Tydepoker can now afford 40 more MTT buy-ins .

Tournament=Radio Donkament
    Number=412
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=49
    Late=7
    Removed=0
    Rebuys=0
    AddOns=0
    RebuyCost=0+0
    NetBonus=12000
    StopOnChop=No
    Start=2016-01-20 20:10:13
    Place49=SANLMAR (0)
    Place48=Flipper_Fair (0)
    Place47=bingo (0)
    Place46=jsearles22 (0)
    Place45=potripper (0)
    Place44=bigslick7878 (0)
    Place43=RDiesel (0)
    Place42=ubarey90 (0)
    Place41=slick9igga (0)
    Place40=SamSnead (0)
    Place39=SideEffect (0)
    Place38=chinamaniac (0)
    Place37=realchaser74 (0)
    Place36=slipslap (0)
    Place35=DRK (0)
    Place34=NoNameYet (0)
    Place33=mikerobot (0)
    Place32=Gordman (0)
    Place31=monsterj (0)
    Place30=sdouble (0)
    Place29=m-u-l-v-a (0)
    Place28=AcePlayer (0)
    Place27=rpst (0)
    Place26=donken (0)
    Place25=Sandwich (0)
    Place24=ltrainkoja (0)
    Place23=ownmatusow (0)
    Place22=d1sposition (0)
    Place21=Reno (0)
    Place20=lloyd (0)
    Place19=tiltedrock (0)
    Place18=Texter (0)
    Place17=clcrew02 (0)
    Place16=lewfather (0)
    Place15=Unlearn (0)
    Place14=smiflorida (0)
    Place13=ballhawknet (0)
    Place12=Sp00kStoMPeR (0)
    Place11=IamGreek (0)
    Place10=hishga (0)
    Place9=snowtracks (0)
    Place8=b_loggz (600)
    Place7=JSTAT (720)
    Place6=tigerpiper (840)
    Place5=TheShrink (960)
    Place4=Daniel72 (1200)
    Place3=thaknuts (1680)
    Place2=DrPeters (2400)
    Place1=Tydepoker (3600)
    Stop=2016-01-20 22:16:47
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    lol at these fags criticizing brandon. The only apt criticism is he gets a little too sensitive at times but its the way he is. If that's our biggest complaint then the dude's got a pretty decent life.

Some advice, don't let one or two retard posters make you want to stop doing radio or posting. If your problem is with Druff or the way he handles things then kiss this place goodbye and don't look back.

How's the girlfriend?

Load Metric
    Just finished listening to the podcast.

Brandon - I have to say you make Druff & Friends infinitely better. In general, I enjoy the 4th hour of the show much more than the 1st, and mainly this is due to the fact that general topics are addressed and it's just two or three friends just shooting the shit about anything they like (a la Joe Rogan Experience).

However - this IS a poker podcast and the poker stuff is a big reason why I listen. Thus, as a european, it is highly important to me that Druff keeps in the online poker news as it affects my day-to-day life.

That said, if poker was eliminated, I would still listen 100% of the time as I love the bants and I listen to podcasts for most of the hours in which I am awake.

In conclusion - keep the format as it is. Druff you can go on for hours about meaningless shit but that's why we love you. Given the choice of an 8 hour podcast with an hour of parking bullshit and a 7 hour podcast without it I would choose the 8 hour podcast 100% of the time. Keep it how it is. 3 or so hours of poker then 3 or so hours of general shit with Brandon is exactly what I want and the elimination of either would be a negative for me.

Just one thing to change imo. No more forum bullshit. Your 45 live listeners might care but your 1000 podcast listeners don't give a fuck about Tyde or Garrett drama and to be quite honest I find it incredibly juvenile. I am undoubtedly the youngest regular listener to this show (21) and quite frankly I feel more mature than every caller you've ever had combined.

If you're still on next week when I wake up for uni in the morning I might call in for a chinwag.

MrTickle.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In regards to the intro (agenda run down) I suggested letting the co-host read it or having Druff just state the topics with a few sentences maximum description for each instead of 2 minutes (or 20) discussing a topic before you even get to it. This will greatly cut out some repetition. I can't really see podcast listeners thinking this always is time well spent but they have the luxury to skip it unlike live listeners.

For podcast listeners I'd be curious to know if they do skip 30+ minute intros sometimes because if a lot of them are then it just confirms even more that the agenda run down is way too long.

I try to listen live when I can but if the majority are listening later on it only makes sense to target the them.

Mentioning the freeroll isn't a bad plug since it promotes people to maybe become forum members and it don't take long to say "Tonight's freeroll is at 8:15 PST and the prize pool is "x" amount. More information can be found reading the radio show topic in the Flying Stupidity section of the forum".

Certain things could flow a bit better is all.

Load Metric
    another great show gentlemen. let the bullshit drama go and don't change anything with the show..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    In regards to the intro (agenda run down) I suggested letting the co-host read it or having Druff just state the topics with a few sentences maximum description for each instead of 2 minutes (or 20) discussing a topic before you even get to it. This will greatly cut out some repetition. I can't really see podcast listeners thinking this always is time well spent but they have the luxury to skip it unlike live listeners.

For podcast listeners I'd be curious to know if they do skip 30+ minute intros sometimes because if a lot of them are then it just confirms even more that the agenda run down is way too long.

I try to listen live when I can but if the majority are listening later on it only makes sense to target the them.

Mentioning the freeroll isn't a bad plug since it promotes people to maybe become forum members and it don't take long to say "Tonight's freeroll is at 8:15 PST and the prize pool is "x" amount. More information can be found reading the radio show topic in the Flying Stupidity section of the forum".

Certain things could flow a bit better is all.
    Only thing I fast forward is the song usually. And josie's cousin whatshername. She was just awful a few months ago.

Comments

Tellafriend: Yes, she was cancer to my ears.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Greatly appreciate the time and effort all hosts put in, but please no more Garrett calls. The guy's an unintelligent and paranoid child.

Load Metric
    Great Show as always!

Love the long agendas, rituals, sound effects and marathon shows!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    In regards to the intro (agenda run down) I suggested letting the co-host read it or having Druff just state the topics with a few sentences maximum description for each instead of 2 minutes (or 20) discussing a topic before you even get to it. This will greatly cut out some repetition.
    Druff was doing a great job for awhile about announcing the agenda within the first 1/2 hour. I guess he forgot to just get through the agenda quickly. He seems to think he needs to explain the agenda topics while announcing them. He should know that just reading through them WITHOUT explaining then at the beginning of the show is good enough.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Finished listening to this show. Brandon is god as usual. If Daredevil were a stock I would rate him a strong buy. Given my recent record it may not be saying much but I think it is.

Let the record show that I not once ever complained to Druff regarding receiving IMs from Garrett. I may have mentioned something in passing to the tune of fuck garrett has been sending me a lot of IMs but his threats and stupid shit was just lol to me. Never gave it a second though.

Also that guy from Texas near the river should become another cohost. Guy cracked me up.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I am listening to the show now while waiting for a flight. Brandon walking out because he was upset about a caller being allowed on air is completely pathetic and makes me lose respect for him. I agree, he is awesome no radio, but it is cringe worthy when he reacts like that. Its being a complete selfish baby and no I dont give a shit you've been a round for a while, that is bitch made behavior, wow.
    Last edited by ThisGuyisWhat; 01-23-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I have been in contact with Matt Marifioti and he has arranged to give me an interview.

I am willing to conduct this interview on Poker Fraud Alert and have sent my terms to Dan Druff by DM.

He has until midnight to let me know if he is interested, if not, I will interview him on another platform.
    Last edited by ThisGuyisWhat; 01-23-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyisWhat View Post
    I have been in contact with Matt Marifioti and he has arranged to give me an interview.

I am willing to conduct this interview on Poker Fraud Alert and have sent my terms to Dan Druff by DM.

He has until midnight to let me know if he is interested, if not, I will interview him on another platform.
    Make sure to get details on the shower posse

Thread Information