Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's Back - Might as well start an "Official" Golf thread

Platinum
    Load Metric

He's Back - Might as well start an "Official" Golf thread

Tiger wins, and looked as good as I have seen him in years doing it. His ball striking from tee to green was about as flawless as I have ever seen it, and even though he didn't make a ton of putts the ones he missed were burning the edges all week long. Every putt seemed like it had a chance.

I saw pretty much every swing since Thursday and he looks very sharp, and had that look in his eyes that should have every player on tour concerned. If some dumb little 18 year old cunt doesn't scream in his backswing yesterday because someone "fainted" he wins going away by 7 or 8 instead of the 5. Tried to stop his downswing but couldn't and made double hooking it 40 yards left.

But back to his ball striking, he is hitting his driver like a short hitter. Number 1 on tour in overall driving in 2012, something that he has struggled with in the past when he was WINNING. If he hits it off the tee like that in Augusta watch the fuck out, he is dialed in and the field won't have a chance.

I had my doubts lately on his future, but after seeing what his new swing is looking like as he fine tunes it I expect a big year out of Tiger. I guarantee he has plastered in his mind anyone who has been doubting him and will seek revenge on all of them, using it as motivation.

Game on bitches.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Tiger can eat a bag of drivers. By all accounts he's a prick so fuck him.

Let's see him put together a full season before all the fanboys resume marking out for him.

Load Metric
    Tony, unless he gets injured again he is definitely back. Not getting injured again is obv a big factor though as he already pulled out of an event last week due to a sore achiles. The big difference now though is that he will be facing much tougher fields than in the past, he won't just have Ernie Ells to beat up on, he now has to contend with Rory and a whole bunch of other young major talent. Really excited to see how all this unfolds. I would probably be on the betting side of him not beating Nichlaus' majors record, fields are just too good now.

Also, really enjoying watching Yane Tseng play, she is the female version of Tiger from 10-12 years ago, just completely dominating. Her game is phenomenal. Not that Yane is much to look at, but the LPGA is actually a lot more fun to watch now that most of the talent aren't fat lesbians.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Tiger wins, and looked as good as I have seen him in years doing it. His ball striking from tee to green was about as flawless as I have ever seen it, and even though he didn't make a ton of putts the ones he missed were burning the edges all week long. Every putt seemed like it had a chance.

I saw pretty much every swing since Thursday and he looks very sharp, and had that look in his eyes that should have every player on tour concerned. If some dumb little 18 year old cunt doesn't scream in his backswing yesterday because someone "fainted" he wins going away by 7 or 8 instead of the 5. Tried to stop his downswing but couldn't and made double hooking it 40 yards left.

But back to his ball striking, he is hitting his driver like a short hitter. Number 1 on tour in overall driving in 2012, something that he has struggled with in the past when he was WINNING. If he hits it off the tee like that in Augusta watch the fuck out, he is dialed in and the field won't have a chance.

I had my doubts lately on his future, but after seeing what his new swing is looking like as he fine tunes it I expect a big year out of Tiger. I guarantee he has plastered in his mind anyone who has been doubting him and will seek revenge on all of them, using it as motivation.

Game on bitches.
    I'm happy Tiger won too but get his cock out of your mouth dude. If McDowell putted like he normally does then Tiger might not have won....it would have been much more interesting coming down the stretch.

I'd have to agree with everything else you said though. The man is obv back, and I am glad for him. His personal life is just that...I only care what goes on between the ropes so I don't care if he's banging bad bitches or being dicks to everyone..blah blah blah.

I played in the 1992 US Junior with him in Wolloston MA and he was a dick back then too...he was also on a different level than everyone in that tourney...and Ben Curtis and Mark Wilson played in it as well.

Me? I missed the cut...didn't make the top 64 to advance to match play.

Rory the only guy who can compete against him IMO and I can't wait to see that matchup coming down the stretch. I hate McCldouche by the way.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I was impressed with Tiger, he faced off with his critics when they kept saying he lost his nerve and Graeme would catch up he'd bury him again. Even when Graeme was knocking down those 40 and 50 foot putts it didn't phase Tiger. Thats what impressed me the most, plus he was just filthy with his approach shots from what I saw. I thought he was a little shaky still with the putter but he might have just been playing it safe, there were a few putts he left atrociously short.

I'm not dick riding Tiger, although I'll admit I do think hes one of the goats and its byfar better for golf to have him winning again. I bet if you ask the guys in the locker room, a lot of them would be happy, genuinely happy he has won again because overall its going to mean more money in their pockets. Have thakilla ask jeff overton and I bet he'll say the same.

ps - I also dont give a fuck if your experience with tiger makes you think hes a dick, he doesnt owe you shit. Not to mention I'm sure there are a lot of egos on tour and guys who are just as bad if not worse.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I'm happy Tiger won too but get his cock out of your mouth dude. If McDowell putted like he normally does then Tiger might not have won....it would have been much more interesting coming down the stretch.

You apparently werent watching sir. Did you see either of McDowell's eagle putts? The first one went through the fringe for what seemed like forever and then curled into the cup. The second one was a bomb as well. McDowell made a third 30+ footer for birdie. To even imply that someone choked or Tiger didnt play well is absurd. He was one of only a handful of guys to shoot under par Sunday. The pin placements were absolutely brutal. Tiger is far and away the best player in the world when he is spraying his driver all over the course. When he is hitting 80% of the fairways, its all over but the crying. If Tiger stays healthy and accurate with the driver, he will definitely surpass Jack. Rory is the new golden boy now that will challenge him? A few years ago it was Dustin Johnson and Anthony Kim and Phil Mickelson and David Duval and Sergio Garcia and on and on and on. No one is challenging Tiger if he is at the top of his game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    I'm not dick riding Tiger, although I'll admit I do think hes one of the goats and its byfar better for golf to have him winning again.
    I don't follow golf, but isn't this what got Tiger in trouble in the first place?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

You apparently werent watching sir. Did you see either of McDowell's eagle putts? The first one went through the fringe for what seemed like forever and then curled into the cup. The second one was a bomb as well. McDowell made a third 30+ footer for birdie. To even imply that someone choked or Tiger didnt play well is absurd. He was one of only a handful of guys to shoot under par Sunday. The pin placements were absolutely brutal. Tiger is far and away the best player in the world when he is spraying his driver all over the course. When he is hitting 80% of the fairways, its all over but the crying. If Tiger stays healthy and accurate with the driver, he will definitely surpass Jack. Rory is the new golden boy now that will challenge him? A few years ago it was Dustin Johnson and Anthony Kim and Phil Mickelson and David Duval and Sergio Garcia and on and on and on. No one is challenging Tiger if he is at the top of his game.
    Total botch job from McDowell on the first hole, then he followed it up with the amazing fringe putt and 51 footer. Which in my mind put Tiger to the test and with that pressure he sent him packing.

Load Metric

I'm not sure how you get Tiger blowing past Jack in majors from winning Bay Hill last weekend....a tourney he has won 7 fucking times now.

Yes I did watch Yesterday. I watched McDowell plug it into bunker on 1 resulting in double. I also watched McDowell miss 3 putts inside 6 feet. That's the 5 shots he lost by right there.

Dude, I'm glad Tiger won...I was rooting for him. But to think he rolls by Jack because of last weekend is absurd.

Load Metric
    BTW, I REALLY dislike McLdouche but he is a different breed. You can't compare him to those other guys you mentioned....not even close.

Load Metric

I'm not sure how you get Tiger blowing past Jack in majors from winning Bay Hill last weekend....a tourney he has won 7 fucking times now.

Yes I did watch Yesterday. I watched McDowell plug it into bunker on 1 resulting in double. I also watched McDowell miss 3 putts inside 6 feet. That's the 5 shots he lost by right there.

Dude, I'm glad Tiger won...I was rooting for him. But to think he rolls by Jack because of last weekend is absurd.
    First off everyone hits bad shots and misses putts. To pick out five strokes from any one golf round is hilarious. Tiger burned the edge on probably 7-8 misses Sunday alone so he should have shot -20 right?

I think Tiger is back for 2 reasons; recent results and his driver. Tiger has been at near the top in his last 5 or 6 tourneys. Secondly his driving has been completely revamped. If he had a weakness in his prime it was the accuracy of his driver. Hell he often teed off with the 3w because he had no idea where the driver was going. And he still lapped the field on a consistent basis. Now he is amazingly long and ACCURATE. Everyone else should be scared.

You are also discounting the conditions Sunday. I think I heard something like 4 people broke par. All Tiger did was get around the course beautifully.

And lastly, Rory. The kid is skilled, but he doesn't have "it". He shot an 80 in the British a few years ago. He collapsed at Augusta and the US Open. Tiger never did tha in his prime. Maybe Rory turns it around, but I don't see him being a 1/2 a Tiger at his best.

Load Metric

First off everyone hits bad shots and misses putts. To pick out five strokes from any one golf round is hilarious. Tiger burned the edge on probably 7-8 misses Sunday alone so he should have shot -20 right?

I think Tiger is back for 2 reasons; recent results and his driver. Tiger has been at near the top in his last 5 or 6 tourneys. Secondly his driving has been completely revamped. If he had a weakness in his prime it was the accuracy of his driver. Hell he often teed off with the 3w because he had no idea where the driver was going. And he still lapped the field on a consistent basis. Now he is amazingly long and ACCURATE. Everyone else should be scared.

You are also discounting the conditions Sunday. I think I heard something like 4 people broke par. All Tiger did was get around the course beautifully.

And lastly, Rory. The kid is skilled, but he doesn't have "it". He shot an 80 in the British a few years ago. He collapsed at Augusta and the US Open. Tiger never did tha in his prime. Maybe Rory turns it around, but I don't see him being a 1/2 a Tiger at his best.
    You're completely missing the point. I picked out 5 shots from yesterdays round because these were shots that he makes prob 80%. Tiger burning the edge from 30 ft doesn't count, sorry.

Lose the Rory hate, dude. If you want me to go through some of the rounds Tiger shot at Rory's age I will. The guy is nowhere near his prime....not even close...like 8-10 yrs away. The guy just won a US Open by 15 shots and you are saying he doesn't have "it". Gimme a fucking break. Tiger wasn't beating him that week no matter how great he drove it.

You also make it sound like Tiger hit every fairway. The guy almost hit it in somebodys pool on Saturday (ok a woman screamed in his backswing..who gives a fuck, it was 100 yds left) and hit the out of bounds fence on Friday or that was out of here too. Fucking guy hit iron or 3 wood off 70% of the holes and you say his driver is perfect. Please.

Load Metric
    jsearles22,

I don't want to get into a flame war over this and I can't believe I'm defending Rory.

Not one person gave Tiger a run yesterday. Not one...at any time (besides the eagle putt I suppose). I personally believe it had more to do with the course conditions than intimidation from Tiger. Only time will tell but to jump on the bandwagon like he is going to blow by Jack now is just silly. It's been 10 majors since he won one. This is the 3rd time in his career he has gone 10 without winning.

Also, McLdouche is legit. Trust me on this one. He is like 23. The guy is for real and will be around for a loooooong time. No, he will never be Tiger. I do agree with that. Tiger will go down as arguably the greatest of all time, regardless of if he passes 18.

Load Metric
    jsearles22,

I don't want to get into a flame war over this and I can't believe I'm defending Rory.

Not one person gave Tiger a run yesterday. Not one...at any time (besides the eagle putt I suppose). I personally believe it had more to do with the course conditions than intimidation from Tiger. Only time will tell but to jump on the bandwagon like he is going to blow by Jack now is just silly. It's been 10 majors since he won one. This is the 3rd time in his career he has gone 10 without winning.

Also, McLdouche is legit. Trust me on this one. He is like 23. The guy is for real and will be around for a loooooong time. No, he will never be Tiger. I do agree with that. Tiger will go down as arguably the greatest of all time, regardless of if he passes 18.
    Tiger will win 18+, Rory won't win 9. That makes him half a Tiger. No one will ever fear Rory on Sunday. Rory is a fine golfer, but he can't hold Tigers jock when they are both at the top of their games.

Rory won by 8 strokes, not 15. Tiger actually has won by 15 strokes in a major though. Oddly enough, that's about half a Tiger. Rory is in his 5th year as a pro and has 5 worldwide sanctioned wins. By the end of Tigers 5th year he had 20 wins including 5 majors (all 4 and The PGA twice). Tiger was 24 at the time, Rorywill be the same age. Rory can't hold a stick to Tiger.

You keeping using terms like "blow past." I haven't been that audacious. Tiger is 4 away. To think he wins one freaking major every other year for the next ten years isn't even a stretch whatsoever. That would put him at 19.

Load Metric
    jsearles22,

Tiger will win 18+, Rory won't win 9. That makes him half a Tiger. No one will ever fear Rory on Sunday. Rory is a fine golfer, but he can't hold Tigers jock when they are both at the top of their games.

Rory won by 8 strokes, not 15. Tiger actually has won by 15 strokes in a major though. Oddly enough, that's about half a Tiger. Rory is in his 5th year as a pro and has 5 worldwide sanctioned wins. By the end of Tigers 5th year he had 20 wins including 5 majors (all 4 and The PGA twice). Tiger was 24 at the time, Rorywill be the same age. Rory can't hold a stick to Tiger.

You keeping using terms like "blow past." I haven't been that audacious. Tiger is 4 away. To think he wins one freaking major every other year for the next ten years isn't even a stretch whatsoever. That would put him at 19.
    You make some good points. I've always felt Tiger would pass 18, even after the fire hydrant debacle. I've also always felt that once Tiger won once, the flood gates would open...we'll find out soon enough.

If Rory does win 9 majors then he would be in the discussion when talking about best players ever. Obv nobody would compare to Tiger.

Good argument though.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Rory U9 majors any amount, it's NEVER happening lol.

Load Metric
    Lol, this bet couldn't be settled for 50+ years potentially.

Rory has one major in the timeframe that Tiger won 5. Tiger has 14 so at that "matching" pace Rory might get 3-4. And now Rory has Tiger to contend with.

Tell you what Lew, what's the o/u on majors Rory wins this year?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Pooh I could pick out 10 shots that you could say the same thing about Tiger over the 4 days, you have no point and are grasping. I can remember a few times that Tiger missed a green and he buried in the trap for example. If you are as good as you say you were/are you know your argument is complete bullshit because those good breaks and bad breaks even out over 72 holes.

He won the fucking tourney by 5 shots and it should have been 7....bottom fucking line. I guess we are ignoring the little whore that yelled in his backswing on 15 on Sat right causing him to hit it OB? How many guys win tour events by 5? Hardly any, that is dominance.

You just want to pick and choose a few shots, ignore all the fucking bombs McDowell made and the bad breaks Tiger got. That isn't how it works. You think Tiger didn't miss any short putts?? Damn right he did.

But back to the driving, Tiger was DEAD LAST in overall driving last year, and now is number 1. That is almost unbelievable. There hasn't been a long hitter in the history of the game to be number 1 in that area, they just don't hit it straight enough.

If he hits his driver like he has for the last 3 months at Augusta in 2 weeks it is a WRAP. He will be able to spin the ball off those tight fairways and come in with shorter irons than pretty much the entire field.

Load Metric
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Lol, this bet couldn't be settled for 50+ years potentially.

Rory has one major in the timeframe that Tiger won 5. Tiger has 14 so at that "matching" pace Rory might get 3-4. And now Rory has Tiger to contend with.

Tell you what Lew, what's the o/u on majors Rory wins this year?

You tell me

Thread Information