Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Betting...Expert or Amateur????

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

I was being sarcastic

@blake, I didn't see the first 3 that way, I didn't see the usual retreat from Jones the way most do as he chops away at them, I saw a Reyes that countered and slipped counter punched and kept Jones at bay.

Admittedly as he tired 4-5 he backed up more so but I dunno.

The talk of heavyweight for Jones after this fight is laughable imo. Imagine if Reyes had KO power at all this fight would have ended rd1-3.
    jones would do well at heavyweight standing. heavyweights just arent as fast as reyes, at least since cain fell under the usada bus. but i do think he gets ragdolled in the clinch there and likely doesnt make it back to his stool if he gets put on his back.
    You think Jones has enough power standing to go toe to toe with a real heavyweight?

I think he would actually do well getting off the ground vs a real heavyweight who is slower but again that's back to stand up and unless he fight one with a weak chin, again I cant see him winning.

Submissions maybe?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

jones would do well at heavyweight standing. heavyweights just arent as fast as reyes, at least since cain fell under the usada bus. but i do think he gets ragdolled in the clinch there and likely doesnt make it back to his stool if he gets put on his back.
    You think Jones has enough power standing to go toe to toe with a real heavyweight?

I think he would actually do well getting off the ground vs a real heavyweight who is slower but again that's back to stand up and unless he fight one with a weak chin, again I cant see him winning.

Submissions maybe?

dude those standing elbows would give anyone problems. you think derek lewis is getting out of the way of that? jones is going to make him look like he's fighting underwater.

mt dudes like stipec are going to be less available but there are so many soft fights for him at hw.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

He wouldn't need to. He's faster, longer, quicker, and has better cardio than almost all of them. His pace will destroy most of them, and he'll certainly take the judges cards easily enough. Elbows, knees, his knee-destroying kicks, the leg kicks in general...

Jones ain't a power guy. Since he beat Chael in that squash match like 6-7 years ago, he has only 1 stoppage, and that was the 2nd Gustafsson fight, 2 if you count the NC where he stopped Cormier, and that was from a head kick that turned DC's brain to mush, and the fight ended soon after. He won 7 decisions in that time. Because he's a really smart fighter in a great camp who can adjust to anything, he's way more likely to finish someone the 2nd time he fights them than the first.

Jones doesn't go toe to toe with anyone power-wise, because he never has to.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

He wouldn't need to. He's faster, longer, quicker, and has better cardio than almost all of them. His pace will destroy most of them, and he'll certainly take the judges cards easily enough. Elbows, knees, his knee-destroying kicks, the leg kicks in general...

Jones ain't a power guy. Since he beat Chael in that squash match like 6-7 years ago, he has only 1 stoppage, and that was the 2nd Gustafsson fight, 2 if you count the NC where he stopped Cormier, and that was from a head kick that turned DC's brain to mush, and the fight ended soon after. He won 7 decisions in that time. Because he's a really smart fighter in a great camp who can adjust to anything, he's way more likely to finish someone the 2nd time he fights them than the first.

Jones doesn't go toe to toe with anyone power-wise, because he never has to.
    I agree that is why I posed the Q to sonatine.

My thing is he has no chance of surviving a real punch from a real heavyweight. He can chop away all he wants but if they connect its game over. Basically he would have to take on the smaller faster hit and run approach which is not what I want to see at heavyweight tbh. I wanna see to giants smash each other lol Its why we watch heavyweight anything.

Load Metric
    he'd take Ls at hw but i expect not enough to keep him from owning the strap 3 or 4 times. least of all with this pool.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

My thing is he has no chance of surviving a real punch from a real heavyweight.
    DC couldn't do it. He's as real as it gets. Underestimating Bones' chin is a really bad idea.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

My thing is he has no chance of surviving a real punch from a real heavyweight.
    DC couldn't do it. He's as real as it gets. Underestimating Bones' chin is a really bad idea.
    Good point, I got nothin now. damn it

Load Metric
    complicating matters, i feel like jones takes much fewer chances since gus pieced him up in that first fight. kids got great coaches and he listens to them, thats a fact.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: He's GSP, essentially, who's last 7 title wins were decisions, too

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Can someone explain to me how Joanna is +115 vs Weili Zhang?

Who has she beaten besides Andrade last fight? Is the Coronavirus something that's on her mind? Shes 8 hrs from Wuhan but her camp is in Beijing I believe.

Either I'm a fish but I have to think Joanna is good here, but the Romero and Adesanya fight is going to be better. I think Israel is too fast for Yoel and might keep him at bay from doing much damage.

Comments

Iamdlloyd77: Looks like yr sucking the d!ck today!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdlloyd77 View Post
    UFC247...…..Bones vs Reyes...………………...Let's Roll with ValentinaShevchenko over Katlyn Chookagian…..gl
    Valentina Shevchenko (c) def. Katlyn Chookagian TKO (elbows and punches)

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Who has she beaten besides Andrade last fight? Is the Coronavirus something that's on her mind? Shes 8 hrs from Wuhan but her camp is in Beijing I believe.

Either I'm a fish but I have to think Joanna is good here, but the Romero and Adesanya fight is going to be better. I think Israel is too fast for Yoel and might keep him at bay from doing much damage.
    Joanna got outpointed by Rose 2x. I like the champ here who will prob fail a USADA test at some point.

Khabib less than -200 feels like stealing against a guy that can't wait to be flat on his back anyway.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Joanna got outpointed by Rose 2x. I like the champ here who will prob fail a USADA test at some point.

Khabib less than -200 feels like stealing against a guy that can't wait to be flat on his back anyway.
    Name:  WTF6.gif
Views: 440
Size:  664.5 KB

Did I just dream that Rose KO'd Joanna?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    They fought twice, one ko, one decision.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 02-14-2020 at 02:09 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    UFC Fight Night 168..For all you Odds Junkies out there...Yeah that's right I'm talking to YOU!... Rolling with the underdog tonight
    Let's go with Paul Felder at +125 over Dan Hooker....gl

Bronze
    Load Metric
    UFC Fight night 169...…..Let's Roll with Kyler Phillips (Even Money) and Joseph Benavidez (-155)
    Good Luck

Bronze
    Load Metric
    UFC Fight night 169...…..Let's Roll with Kyler Phillips (Even Money) and Joseph Benavidez (-155)
    Good Luck
    Kyler Phillips def. Gabriel Silva Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) 3 5:00

Bronze
    Load Metric
    UFC 248...Let's roll with Zhang Weili (c) @-210 over Joanna Jędrzejczyk….gl

Load Metric
    Thank you Lloyd, placing my wager now.

Load Metric
    Just fuck off if you're not gonna update the thread when you get it wrong like you do when you somehow get 1 right.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Women's Strawweight...…. Zhang Weili (c) def. Joanna Jędrzejczyk Decision (split) (48–47, 48–47, 47–48) 5 5:00

Thread Information