View Poll Results: Which of these stories did NOT happen?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

4 12.90%
  • B

18 58.06%
  • C

5 16.13%
  • D

3 9.68%
  • E

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess which one of these "close call to tragedy" stories is BS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Guess which one of these "close call to tragedy" stories is BS

Marty's thread of "Guess which story is BS" has inspired me to write my own version.

As with Marty's only ONE of these stories is false (vote above), and all of them have the theme of "close calls which could have ended in tragedy".

If I have mentioned any of these on radio before, please don't give them away....

A) In 1984, at the age of 12, my soccer coach asked if any kid wanted to volunteer to work in his skate shop. I totally wanted to do it, but I didn't hear him ask the question at first because I wasn't paying attention, and by the time I knew what was going on, he had already selected two kids who had raised their hands before me. I told my mom about this, and she scolded me for not paying attention and "missing a good opportunity". Two months later, the coach was arrested for molesting multiple boys, including the two from the team that had been selected. Amazingly, they let him out of jail after less than 10 years, and he molested about 100 more boys before being caught in 2001. He's now serving a life sentence.

B) In 1988, we had a family vacation planned to Europe during our December break from school. Our school district actually gave 3 weeks off in December instead of 2 (but started a week earlier than everyone else to make up for it), so this gave our family some nice traveling opportunities during "low season", to where we could avoid the December 25-January 1 crowd that tends to fill up every destination. Our trip in December '88 was to last from December 10-21, where we would start off in London, and then go to France and fly home from Germany. Our December 21 flight home was to be from Frankfurt, stopping in New York, changing planes, and going on to Los Angeles. We never took this trip. My mom came down with appendicitis on December 8, and in those days, that meant a weeklong hospital stay. My dad was really frustrated at the time that he had to eat 5 roundtrip airfares for the canceled trip, but obviously this was no one's fault and there was nothing we could do. We were shocked on December 21 when we turned on the news to see that Pan Am Flight 103 blew up over Lockerbie, Scotland, and that was the exact flight we were scheduled to take from Frankfurt returning home.

C) When I was 17 years old, I was calling a party line, and was running into something very frustrating. Whenever I would start talking to a teenage girl on there and seemingly be getting somewhere, the line would cut. I soon learned that the party line owner was a rumored pedo (a straight one, unlike the guy in the first story), and was intentionally cutting off "the competition" whenever a teen girl was on. I was angry about this, and decided to hack the guy's phone system to get revenge. I did it, and messed it up pretty badly, on a day when I knew the owner wouldn't be around. The guy then got my information from a snitch, and called to threaten me. Normally I would have told the guy to fuck off, but something seemed "off" about him, and he scared me. Instead, I calmly explained to him why I did it, and asked him if we could just drop the whole thing if I agreed not to call his line again. He said fine, and it was over. Two years later, he murdered someone he barely knew and is now serving a life sentence.

D) When I was 20, I was on a date, and driving about 50 MPH on a major surface street at night. I approached an intersection with a green light, and proceeded normally. A driver coming the other way didn't see me, and made an unprotected left turn, heading into what was almost a certain head-on collision. My car was a small, cheap piece of shit, and likely would not have handled the accident well. I saw it coming, jammed on the brakes, and made a super-quick right turn at the same time. I very narrowly avoided the other car, but was headed for a telephone pole, and the car finally stopped 6 inches from the pole. A witness ran up and said that it was "amazing" what he just saw, and that "it was so close that the cars looked like they passed through each other." He complimented me on my avoidance of the accident, stating that he saw it happening and was 100% sure that a bad accident was inevitable. The other driver also stopped, and was profusely apologizing. The witness offered to testify on my behalf, but I told him there was nothing to testify about, as there was no damage and nobody was hurt. As a weird side note, my date, who was also amazed and thankful we avoided that accident, was in an actual accident 10 years later (also as a passenger), and still has corrective surgery to this day as part of a lifelong recovery process from it.

E) In January 1994, the infamous 6.7 Northridge earthquake hit Los Angeles. It occurred around 4:30am, a time I was usually on the computer, as I kept a very late sleeping schedule. However, that night I went out with a new girl, and hadn't come home yet. A large, heavy bookcase came down during the quake, and smashed on the computer chair, exactly at the spot I would have been sitting if I hadn't gone out that night.

Load Metric
    I chose B because I thought the Lockerbie flight was going the other way(East) but have now found out it was indeed going West.

I still think B is correct though.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Silver
    Load Metric
    didn't know there are straight/gay/ bisexual pedo's Druff.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    D, because you weren't commenting on being cheap or fighting with Sonatine on a chat line.

Load Metric
    B - because being jews you wouldnt let all 5 tickets go to waste. at the very least leave dear old mum at home to fend for herself

Load Metric
    D. No way Druff is that good a driver to swerve and steer like something out of GTA especially if it was indeed a POS as you claim.

Load Metric
    WORK in a skate shop? For an LA Westside son of Abraham???

a kid like that would want to be sponsored by the skate shop (paid entry to skate competitions)
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    A. Why would Druff's mother scold him for missing out on an opportunity to work for nothing? Because the offer was to "volunteer" at the skate shop.

Comments

Henry: I too picked A. I figured, if true, Todd would tell that story in the Jared thread, which I don't recall happening.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    A. Why would Druff's mother scold him for missing out on an opportunity to work for nothing? Because the offer was to "volunteer" at the skate shop.
    Don't make that the reason you choose A.

I meant "volunteer" as in "agree". It was a paying job.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Marty's thread of "Guess which story is BS" has inspired me to write my own version.

As with Marty's only ONE of these stories is false (vote above), and all of them have the theme of "close calls which could have ended in tragedy".

If I have mentioned any of these on radio before, please don't give them away....

A) In 1984, at the age of 12, my soccer coach asked if any kid wanted to volunteer to work in his skate shop. I totally wanted to do it, but I didn't hear him ask the question at first because I wasn't paying attention, and by the time I knew what was going on, he had already selected two kids who had raised their hands before me. I told my mom about this, and she scolded me for not paying attention and "missing a good opportunity". Two months later, the coach was arrested for molesting multiple boys, including the two from the team that had been selected. Amazingly, they let him out of jail after less than 10 years, and he molested about 100 more boys before being caught in 2001. He's now serving a life sentence.

B) In 1988, we had a family vacation planned to Europe during our December break from school. Our school district actually gave 3 weeks off in December instead of 2 (but started a week earlier than everyone else to make up for it), so this gave our family some nice traveling opportunities during "low season", to where we could avoid the December 25-January 1 crowd that tends to fill up every destination. Our trip in December '88 was to last from December 10-21, where we would start off in London, and then go to France and fly home from Germany. Our December 21 flight home was to be from Frankfurt, stopping in New York, changing planes, and going on to Los Angeles. We never took this trip. My mom came down with appendicitis on December 8, and in those days, that meant a weeklong hospital stay. My dad was really frustrated at the time that he had to eat 5 roundtrip airfares for the canceled trip, but obviously this was no one's fault and there was nothing we could do. We were shocked on December 21 when we turned on the news to see that Pan Am Flight 103 blew up over Lockerbie, Scotland, and that was the exact flight we were scheduled to take from Frankfurt returning home.

C) When I was 17 years old, I was calling a party line, and was running into something very frustrating. Whenever I would start talking to a teenage girl on there and seemingly be getting somewhere, the line would cut. I soon learned that the party line owner was a rumored pedo (a straight one, unlike the guy in the first story), and was intentionally cutting off "the competition" whenever a teen girl was on. I was angry about this, and decided to hack the guy's phone system to get revenge. I did it, and messed it up pretty badly, on a day when I knew the owner wouldn't be around. The guy then got my information from a snitch, and called to threaten me. Normally I would have told the guy to fuck off, but something seemed "off" about him, and he scared me. Instead, I calmly explained to him why I did it, and asked him if we could just drop the whole thing if I agreed not to call his line again. He said fine, and it was over. Two years later, he murdered someone he barely knew and is now serving a life sentence.

D) When I was 20, I was on a date, and driving about 50 MPH on a major surface street at night. I approached an intersection with a green light, and proceeded normally. A driver coming the other way didn't see me, and made an unprotected left turn, heading into what was almost a certain head-on collision. My car was a small, cheap piece of shit, and likely would not have handled the accident well. I saw it coming, jammed on the brakes, and made a super-quick right turn at the same time. I very narrowly avoided the other car, but was headed for a telephone pole, and the car finally stopped 6 inches from the pole. A witness ran up and said that it was "amazing" what he just saw, and that "it was so close that the cars looked like they passed through each other." He complimented me on my avoidance of the accident, stating that he saw it happening and was 100% sure that a bad accident was inevitable. The other driver also stopped, and was profusely apologizing. The witness offered to testify on my behalf, but I told him there was nothing to testify about, as there was no damage and nobody was hurt. As a weird side note, my date, who was also amazed and thankful we avoided that accident, was in an actual accident 10 years later (also as a passenger), and still has corrective surgery to this day as part of a lifelong recovery process from it.

E) In January 1994, the infamous 6.7 Northridge earthquake hit Los Angeles. It occurred around 4:30am, a time I was usually on the computer, as I kept a very late sleeping schedule. However, that night I went out with a new girl, and hadn't come home yet. A large, heavy bookcase came down during the quake, and smashed on the computer chair, exactly at the spot I would have been sitting if I hadn't gone out that night.

Name:  image.gif
Views: 564
Size:  1.81 MB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    First story also has been told at some other post in one of the forums in the last decade. Or at least the start of it, can't remember the small sentence and repeat offender part.

I too would go with B.

Load Metric
    I'm going with B since it has the fewest uses of the word "I"

Comments

SysOp: wb sir

Load Metric
    Going with C, the party line. Lacks the Druff hyper autobiographical memory for details.

No first time murderer gets life. This 'Murica. Guy is probably now running a Rubio field office cold calling the Republican voter list.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't have a beef with Jseaerles simply because I ignore most of his idiocy, but even I think its time he takes another nap after being an idiot in this thread.

As others havbe said, at least one has been on the radio, and The Phantom's logic is impeccable.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    A, because you stole the story from Different Strokes...

Name:  kklvwf51dbtnqytbgebt.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  52.2 KB

Poor Dudley.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I skipped the other guesses so i would be unbiased. All the extra details in B make me think it's bs. I'm highly skeptical of A but I'll guess B.

B is bs imo.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 01-12-2016 at 02:43 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    I'm going with B since it has the fewest uses of the word "I"

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I first clicked on this thread without logging in and haven't read the choices yet. Based on c and e having one vote each I know it is one of them.

Why do I know this?

It's because I'm Sheboon mother fucking Pickens.

And I already knew druff was going to try really really hard the next time he did one of these.

Load Metric
    It's obv c or e still.

I will go c simply based on being sheboon Pickens and noticing that it's an interesting party line story and figuring he would have told it by now.

E is probably also untrue but since he bluffed his family for a new set up back then why not bluff us too.

C is my official answer to keep it untwisted.

Load Metric
    For the record after reading all the choices I can see why you every donkey and their Jenny mom picked b. The remembrance of specific dates like they are gospel might have lead me in the same wrong direction. It's not you guys fault you are dumb. It's the shit they put in bottled water.

Thread Information