Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 policy on PFA regarding trolling

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

2016 policy on PFA regarding trolling

Hello, fine users of PFA.

I have been thinking a lot about how this forum has looked lately, and I have made a few decisions regarding trolling on this site. This will not affect most of you, but hopefully will go a long way toward making the site more readable.

- I will be deleting posts in serious or semi-serious threads which are meant just to troll certain individuals, and are not on topic. So if you're calling someone a moron because you disagree with them (and you explain why), your post will stand. If you are bashing someone just because you don't like them, I will delete your post.

- If you continue to troll in the thread after I delete your post, I will remove your ability to post in the thread (I have that ability now).

- Please do not troll/ruin threads just because they are started by people you don't like. So for example, I know that a lot of you don't like MumblesBadly. However, if he starts a thread about a reasonable topic, please don't ruin it just because you enjoy pissing him off. This applies to everyone here, not just Mumbles.

- I will be giving temporary posting bans to people who make a lot of shitposts within a short time (as I recently did with garrett).

- If people start intentionally controversial or stupid threads, I won't be deleting any messages within, unless they violate one of the major PFA rules (such as personal info posting). However, I will merge threads started by the same person if they are all along the same lines. So basically I'm only looking to "clean up" the threads which are serious/semi-serious. Threads which start out as shit can remain shit, for all I care.

- For the most part, I will still be taking mostly a "hands off" moderation style here, as I have since the site started 4 years ago. I don't want to censor much here, but I also don't want this site to turn into unreadable crap, and I have been seeing it trend that way recently.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Comments

zealanddonk: Druff but fair

tyde: triple facepalm

nunbeater: triple pattern

Banned
    Load Metric

wow

just when I thought I'd seen it all

Load Metric
    Name:  images (23).jpg
Views: 617
Size:  6.9 KB

Name:  images (24).jpg
Views: 937
Size:  6.1 KB

Name:  images (27).jpg
Views: 638
Size:  10.4 KB
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 01-11-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Load Metric
    Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  29.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

wow

just when I thought I'd seen it all

Go ahead, Marty, let loose.

Tell me what is unreasonable about this policy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't worry, Martin, I will also delete posts which pointlessly troll you or ruin your threads.

Banned
    Load Metric
    such epic transparent hypocrisy

you pick and choose when and if you decide to 'delete' these so called troll posts only when it suits you personally or you are being targeted and get your panties in a wad

unbelievable

you not only permit, but clearly encourage exactly the same brand of 'trolling' you claim to oppose....provided its not directed at you personally

for someone who claims to be operating a 'free speech' forum, your own published site 'rules and guidelines' seem to be only applicable when it suits your twisted, and dark agenda

Todd, your entire modus operandi consists of shitting on anyone and everyone.

You really have some nerve trying to impose these revised 'rules' for trolling on this cesspool of retards, considering you give the big thumbs up and seal of approval to users with multiple accounts who contribute nothing but filth and bad energy on this forum under the guise of anonymity

such a two faced double standard. Stop trying to pretend this dump will ever even come close to being in the same ballpark as NWP. 'free speech' forum lol

bigger lol @ 'hands off'...yea no shit it's hands off because you are the only admin and mod on this pile. You couldn't do 'free speech' on your best day if your life depended on it....You know it....I know it....I think everybody here knows it.

Oh and I did reluctantly listen to a few minutes of your most recent 8 hour ego stroke fest where you dedicated literally 98% of the program air time rambling on aimlessly about yourself.....

and I just happened to catch the part where you eagerly take full and complete credit for launching NWP into relevance

Um NO sorry that is false of course

I remember quite vividly how it went down..

You literally forced yourself on NWP and appointed yourself as some kind of bizarre poster tard cramming your presence down everyone's throat. You threatened Dustin and attacked him with both barrels.

Neverwin hated you from day one Todd... for the simple fact that you were such a massive attention whore desperate for recognition in the poker world who would spare no expense to trash others, regardless of substance

This is going to be your everlasting legacy Todd....

a man who thrived on dragging others down, making false accusations and assassinating their character....spreading nothing but bad karma and negativity in the form of self adoration....and then justifying his actions (or inaction) with shallow and transparent justifications that would make a 1st year law student cringe

Just once it would be nice to hear you have something good to say about someone....anyone....other than yourself

Obviously I can't fucking stand your ass, and will throw the biggest party the poker world has ever seen if and when you drop dead....but aside from that, I almost feel sorry for you for the simple fact that you aren't truly happy unless you're making someone else's life miserable

I think the word I was looking for which best sums it all up is...

PITY

Comments

El Gallo: LOL, you banned 80% of the people on your fail site
    Last edited by tyde; 01-11-2016 at 02:57 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Don't worry, Martin, I will also delete posts which pointlessly troll you or ruin your threads.
    That will apply to Marty's own posts in his own threads?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Marty, first off, don't lie and clam you were at NWP "since day one" (May 2004), when you didn't appear on the site until 2007.

I can link you to your first post if you want, date and everything. And don't try to pretend you lurked for 3 years, because we all know you're incapable of that.

But that aside, you have been the worst offender with pointless trolling and negativity here. Yes, guys like BGC and garrett sometimes hijack threads with nonsense and insanity, but at least that's sporadic. You are like a constant ball of anger and negativity, and honestly most people are sick of it.

With that said, I am committing to apply the above rule to EVERYONE, so if you start a serious/semi-serious thread (such as a Mexico report), I will delete messages trolling you or trying to disrupt it. And if I don't, feel free to call me out.

But let's be honest here... you are lashing out because you are in yet another manic mood and are frustrated that I'm not letting you run roughshod over the forum tonight and ruin every thread with drunken anger.

Load Metric
    A slippery slope.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Jewdonk should be grandfathered in.

Comments

Henry:

Banned
    Load Metric
    Marty, first off, don't lie and clam you were at NWP "since day one" (May 2004), when you didn't appear on the site until 2007.

I can link you to your first post if you want, date and everything. And don't try to pretend you lurked for 3 years, because we all know you're incapable of that.

But that aside, you have been the worst offender with pointless trolling and negativity here. Yes, guys like BGC and garrett sometimes hijack threads with nonsense and insanity, but at least that's sporadic. You are like a constant ball of anger and negativity, and honestly most people are sick of it.

With that said, I am committing to apply the above rule to EVERYONE, so if you start a serious/semi-serious thread (such as a Mexico report), I will delete messages trolling you or trying to disrupt it. And if I don't, feel free to call me out.

But let's be honest here... you are lashing out because you are in yet another manic mood and are frustrated that I'm not letting you run roughshod over the forum tonight and ruin every thread with drunken anger.

wrong again champ

I'm as sober as a heart attack, but I'm not surprised you are that quick to take the 'drunk' angle. I guess you think that somehow validates your abhorrent tactics and shady angle shooting as the sole admin on this forum.

fact is that you just rubbed me the wrong way snap deleting two very solid beatdowns on arguably one of the top 5 retards on this pile of cow dung (ftpjesus)

for the record, that jerkoff is not only brain dead, but also one of the worst offenders of your so called 'troll' policy...but he never trolled you personally, so you conveniently go mute, undoubtedly chuckling to yourself

I just shake my head in amazement when you reinvent site guidelines and policy to suit your agenda

do everyone here a huge fucking favor, and stop pretended to be this 'fair and level headed' guy running a 'free speech' forum

makes me want to puke even thinking about you of all people making such a hollow and laughable declaration...which of course you have no intention of enforcing unless it threatens you personally

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    And I mean Sonatine has literally nothing now. Pour out some half and half for the dead ped.

Comments

jacosta24: Sonatine fogle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

wrong again champ

I'm as sober as a heart attack, but I'm not surprised you are that quick to take the 'drunk' angle. I guess you think that somehow validates your abhorrent tactics and shady angle shooting as the sole admin on this forum.

fact is that you just rubbed me the wrong way snap deleting two very solid beatdowns on arguably one of the top 5 retards on this pile of cow dung (ftpjesus)

for the record, that jerkoff is not only brain dead, but also one of the worst offender of your so called 'troll' policy...but he never trolled you personally, so you conveniently go mute, undoubtedly chuckling to yourself

I just shake my head in amazement when you reinvent site guidelines and policy to suit your agenda

do everyone here a huge fucking favor, and stop pretended to be this 'fair and level headed' guy running a 'free speech' forum

makes me want to puke even thinking about you of all people making such a hollow and laughable declaration...which of course you have no intention of enforcing unless it threatens you personally
    Hey idiot...

How is this about me personally?

I made this decision after you were pointlessly trolling ftpjesus with 2 posts in a row, and trying to hijack yet another thread.

Keep in mind that I barely know ftpjesus, and he is not a friend of mine. So I was not doing anything in self-interest.

I have had a number of people message me lately that they don't post on here anymore because the forum has become "unreadable shit" and "every topic turns into annoying trolling".

I took a step back and looked at it more carefully, and I realized they were right.

I'm not going to heavily censor this forum. I want people to be free to be themselves and express their opinions, but not to have every thread ruined by off-topic trolling. That's what I'm trying to prevent.

So like in the case of ftpjesus, he was commenting on an actual topic and didn't post anything nasty or controversial. Sure, he formatted the post poorly and it was tough to follow, but that didn't mean it was time for a 2-post diatribe attacking him. That is the type of shit that sends these threads off their original topic and into an e-slapfight back and forth.

If you really have a problem with ftpjesus or anyone else, start a new thread about them and air your feelings.

This is why I did NOT delete your "jsearles IQ" thread, because at least you started a fresh thread to troll him, rather than ruin an existing one.

Marty, how about finally realizing that people here want to read about your life in Mexico and other shenanigans, and not your angry, self-hating/projecting trolling?

You love to accuse me of "negativity", yet nearly everyone here will agree that your negativity is like mine on steroids. It's amazing how many of your insults seem to stem from what you hate about yourself....

"Negativity"

"Family is ashamed of you"

"Nobody likes you"

"You have no friends"

"Your only joy in life is tearing people down"

"Loser"

etc etc etc

Comments

El Gallo:

Banned
    Load Metric
    on a totally unrelated side note...

Todd, is it true that during a recent radio show, JennFox told you 'fuck off douchebag' when you called to try to interview Alex Jacob on your failshow ?

if there is any truth to that...can someone link me so I can make an MP3 and preserve it for eternity

TIA

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    A slippery slope.
    Don't worry. I won't go too extreme with this.

I realize that skatz is waiting in the wings if I go all "The Carter" on this place.

Comments

tyde: hitting rock bottom

DRK Star: Skatz = a Treasure Trove of Tumbleweeds

Load Metric
    ITT: trolls trolling trolls over trolling trolls

Comments

tony bagadonuts: When you're right you're right

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That ftpjesus post was bad as in needing paragraphs but serious lol jesus at where this thread has gone.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I have had a number of people message me lately that they don't post on here anymore because the forum has become "unreadable shit" and "every topic turns into annoying trolling".

I took a step back and looked at it more carefully, and I realized they were right.

I'm not going to heavily censor this forum. I want people to be free to be themselves and express their opinions, but not to have every thread ruined by off-topic trolling. That's what I'm trying to prevent.

Excuse me your holiness, but you can't just pick and choose when you decide (or not) to enforce these so called policies of yours when it suits you. Either stick to a specific policy or don't. But please don't posture as if your intention is to perpetuate a 'fair and balanced' troll free environment.

If you truly want to enforce the newfangled troll guideless you're suddenly announcing (after over 3 years of this forum being live)...then just fucking do it, and quit pretending that it's not the core reason PFA has been stagnating like a stuck pig.

You rarely lift a finger when it comes to the multitude of worthless posts here trolling random members, and magically disappear unless the content is directed at you personally

As far as my case goes specifically, historically you have done exactly DICK to curb the onslaught of troll posts by the same gang of halfwits posting from dupe accounts with the sole purpose of trashing me and even threatening my personal livelihood.

your current dupe account 'policy' is right about on par with the likes of Benghazi, or Jimmy Carters failed hostage rescue attempt in Iran in the late 70's when it comes to total ignorance, naivety, and epic failure

Todd you know exactly what to do, and understand full well that it would be relatively simple to slash and burn, weeding out the deadwood that infect this forum with repetitive, juvenile filth and brainless trolling.

If you have any serious aspirations to ever be taken seriously in this particular medium (forums), then I strongly suggest you get off your high horse and start thinning the current herd of retards who are only here to be toxic and disruptive.

Honestly, I just don't see you as this fair and balanced 'neutral' site admin/owner without an agenda. Fact is that yes, you do pick and choose when to ban, or when to delete certain posts...and your so called policy enforcement is sporadic at best.

Just be consistent with all members, shitcan the useless creepy turds, and stick to conduct and content guidelines that apply to everyone

I think you'd be really surprised how quickly the membership here would grow if you only took more aggressive measures to muzzle the losers who pollute the pages of this forum on a daily basis with garbage

Platinum
    Load Metric

If you have any serious aspirations to ever be taken seriously in this particular medium (forums), then I strongly suggest you get off your high horse and start thinning the current herd of retards who are only here to be toxic and disruptive.
    Didn't you beg to come back recently purely to launch an attack on some dude you cold called?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Thread Information