Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shorting Fitbit Stock - Lock

Load Metric

Shorting Fitbit Stock - Lock

This stock has nowhere to go but down. Their products are overprice, and the "step" monitor which is really the only thing of any value, you can just do on your phone.

lol @ the watch they just released. smells of so much desperation and god knows how much they dumped into making that fail
    :freelewfather

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The next GPRO...

Cool products that can be easily (and I'm gonna guess probably better) replicated by the apples and googles of the world...

Load Metric
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Fit got hammered yesterday after the release of their Smartwatch. It's a me-too kinda thing obv.

Lol, I thought it was Gamblebot who was busting the chart guy. Not crazy about shorting this here. It's already been hammered for the reasons you cite.

You can be right fundamentally. That is one part. But your entry timing is another component. Ideally you take that long term position when everyone else is still optimistic but the chart starts to crack.

80% percent of the float is short. That is insane and scary. You can mess with those numbers to make it look even worse given the percentage held and locked up by insiders.

Wall Street traders want to take the most money from the most people in the shortest amount of time. This thing has a target on its chest. When everyone is on the same side bad things can happen.

I would be scared shitless about a short squeeze. Everything is all rosy today for this position cause we are down. You will be tested. They will absolutely try to rinse you out of your position.

So you say, "I don't give a fuck. I can weather that cause I am right." Well, money has a time value. You are trying to score in the shortest time possible. You don't want to get married to this thing for a lifetime. There is fresh meat everyday.

GPRO still sucks but I wouldn't short it now. That was for another time. Timing, right?

Personally, when I hear Fitbit I think of all the women who live with one on their wrist. I was walking through the mall and my wife, who has one, said, "I want a Fitbit with a fancier band". There is a brand loyalty. I don't think GPRO has that kind of thing, in comparison.

I just bought an iPhone 6S Plus. I just noticed it has an app called Health. Unbeknownst to me it has been tracking all that Fitbit-like info with its accelerometer. Creepy.

I am just riffing. It's just a fucking forum. Wish you well big guy. It'll be fun to rail.

Every morning, I can't turn away from the gun stocks personally. Just to work the ever changing sentiment. Thanks, Obama.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Many solid comments. Especially the short squeeze risk.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    This stock has nowhere to go but down. Their products are overprice, and the "step" monitor which is really the only thing of any value, you can just do on your phone.

lol @ the watch they just released. smells of so much desperation and god knows how much they dumped into making that fail
    I kind of agree it has nowhere to go but down but it is affordable which is good for fitbit and a lot of non tech people will stick with it because it is cheap and easy. While you can do the step tracking on your Iphone or probably any other smartphone it just isn't as easy because you have to make sure you have that thing with you all day.

I have a Fitbit charge HR and paid $150 I think for it but it is 100x better tracking than a phone because it just sits on my wrist. The thing records exactly how much I slept, how many times I woke up, how many stairs I have climbed, it has a heartrate monitor built in and obv tracks steps and floors.

Where I think Fitbit gets crushed is if Apple lowers their apple watch prices and you could get one of those for $250 for a lower model around Christmas or $199 for a refurbished model and I am pretty sure they do everything a fitbit does and more.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    New Fitbit lawsuit claims its heart rate monitoring is inaccurate

Fitbit, which just launched its new Blaze wearable at CES this week, has been hit with a class-action lawsuit that could dissuade people from purchasing their hardware.

The lawsuit revolves around Fitbit’s heart rate tracking, which is said to be innacurate “by a wide margin.” During periods of intense workouts, users are claiming the issue is especially bad.

Perhaps more to the point, Fitbit allegedly refused to issue refunds for faulty devices. In a statement, Fitbit is vehemently denying any wrongdoing, saying it “strongly disagrees with the statements made in the complaint and plans to vigorously defend the lawsuit:”

PurePulse [Fitbit’s proprietary heart rate tech] provides better overall heart rate tracking than cardio machines at the gym, as it tracks your heart rate continuously even while you’re not at the gym or working out. But it’s also important to note that Fitbit trackers are designed to provide meaningful data to our users to help them reach their health and fitness goals, and are not intended to be scientific or medical devices.
    b/t this and Chipotle, they'll be plenty of stock to short in 2016, methinks
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    The sleep tracking on Fitbit is interesting. How many times you move and at what times.

Wanna post a graph showing Weds night sex with Druff radio in the background, China?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The sleep tracking on Fitbit is interesting. How many times you move and at what times.

Wanna post a graph showing Weds night sex with Druff radio in the background, China?
    I will say the sleep thing is 100% accurate. It is pretty amazing. I paid $150 for my fitbit almost a year ago and I will say I have easily gotten $150 in value from it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Agree on GPRO...time has long since passed to short that one...

Scary that Fitbit has that much of the float short...you have to have huge fucking balls to short into that...it may be "right" to short, but it could be a fucking painful right...had that happen in the commodity markets...everybody gets short because the fundies look like dogshit and one margin call later the thing is rallying limit up for a day or two in a row..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    my wife loves the fitbit. i put it on and it feels more like a rubber bracelet than a watch. very comfortable.

i don't think the smart watch prices will have any impact on the sale of this thing.

it does some useful things, looks chic and is easy to operate.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    What did this IPO at?

Load Metric
    When a common guy that doesn't pay much attention to the market wants to short something its time to go looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooong.

Comments

Jayjami: This.

Load Metric
    Fitbits are one of my pet peeves. Everyone gets one, wears it, they dont change a fucking thing they are doing in life yet because they now know they did 1758 steps they think they are more healthy. Or if they go to the mall and walk 1.3 miles that day they think they can eat two entire cakes because their bracelet says they burnt 243 calories more than baseline. Its fucking retarded
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Fit got hammered yesterday after the release of their Smartwatch. It's a me-too kinda thing obv.

Lol, I thought it was Gamblebot who was busting the chart guy. Not crazy about shorting this here. It's already been hammered for the reasons you cite.

You can be right fundamentally. That is one part. But your entry timing is another component. Ideally you take that long term position when everyone else is still optimistic but the chart starts to crack.

80% percent of the float is short. That is insane and scary. You can mess with those numbers to make it look even worse given the percentage held and locked up by insiders.

Wall Street traders want to take the most money from the most people in the shortest amount of time. This thing has a target on its chest. When everyone is on the same side bad things can happen.

I would be scared shitless about a short squeeze. Everything is all rosy today for this position cause we are down. You will be tested. They will absolutely try to rinse you out of your position.

So you say, "I don't give a fuck. I can weather that cause I am right." Well, money has a time value. You are trying to score in the shortest time possible. You don't want to get married to this thing for a lifetime. There is fresh meat everyday.

GPRO still sucks but I wouldn't short it now. That was for another time. Timing, right?

Personally, when I hear Fitbit I think of all the women who live with one on their wrist. I was walking through the mall and my wife, who has one, said, "I want a Fitbit with a fancier band". There is a brand loyalty. I don't think GPRO has that kind of thing, in comparison.

I just bought an iPhone 6S Plus. I just noticed it has an app called Health. Unbeknownst to me it has been tracking all that Fitbit-like info with its accelerometer. Creepy.

I am just riffing. It's just a fucking forum. Wish you well big guy. It'll be fun to rail.

Every morning, I can't turn away from the gun stocks personally. Just to work the ever changing sentiment. Thanks, Obama.
    How about some Puts?

Load Metric
    The S&P will touch the 2009 lows of about 700. It has to. Its based on chart analytics, if you know about that stuff. The crash is happening, and if you listen to me you will make a lot of money,

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    The S&P will touch the 2009 lows of about 700. It has to. Its based on chart analytics, if you know about that stuff. The crash is happening, and if you listen to me you will make a lot of money,
    I doubt it. The SP500 is rigged to go up because they take out the losers and replace them with winners.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    When a common guy that doesn't pay much attention to the market wants to short something its time to go looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooong.
    I agree. The easy short money was between 45 - 25. These wall street jews will turn the stock against you at the press of a button. Be careful.

Load Metric
    First off you don't know shit about anything besides unclogging turds. So you're predicting a 70% drop from the highs. That's pie in the sky horseshit. If you said 1000 I'd say possible. 700 isn't happening.

Comments

Jayjami: Pooh on a roll rep.

Load Metric
    First off you don't know shit about anything besides unclogging turds. So you're predicting a 70% drop from the highs. That's pie in the sky horseshit. If you said 1000 I'd say possible. 700 isn't happening.
    Even if it goes to 1000, you are still going to make a lot of money. You know what I am saying. It's all about selling in the opposite direction of buyers or vice versa. See you on first class my friend.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Sounds like Pooh is knee deep in the stock market. The markets have crashed twice in the past 15 years, so why is another one impossible? China just tanked hard and the exchange got halted. SP500 futures tanking too. I love to see carnage.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Sounds like Pooh is knee deep in the stock market. The markets have crashed twice in the past 15 years, so why is another one impossible? China just tanked hard and the exchange got halted. SP500 futures tanking too. I love to see carnage.
    But I think this is just another JEW scare tactic. I am going long.

Thread Information