Thread: Greg Raymer (again) proposes lousy staking deal on YouStake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Greg Raymer (again) proposes lousy staking deal on YouStake

First off, recall two years ago when Raymer was first asking for a stake. He used to be staked in many events by Pokerstars, but since getting fired, he has been left to play on his own bankroll. From all looks of it, it appeared he was cash broke, despite a good 2012 where he ran up nearly $400,00 in cashes between July and November. However, note that Raymer was dropped as a pro in late 2011, so he was playing all of that (and all tournaments in late 2013) either on his own dime or backers' dimes, and he may have entered a shitload of high buyin tournaments. So, as always, $400k cashed doesn't meant $400k won (or anything won).

Here is the 2014 thread: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-Needs-A-Stake

Now in 2016, he's at it again:

https://www.youstake.com/projects/gr...ent-cash-play/

So it's basically the same crappy deal, but this time slightly worse because it involves a commission on YouStake.

The terms of the 2014 deal:
    - Raymer collects $80k worth of stake money, puts in $20k of his own money
    - Raymer uses the $100k to enter a "variety of tournaments and cash games"
    - When the stake is over (the timeline wasn't made clear), he pays himself 40% off the top, then gives 80% of the remaining money to the investors (since he supposedly bought 20% of himself to start).

The terms of the 2016 deal:
    - Raymer collects $50k worth of stake money on the YouStake site, puts in $20k of his own money and $30k from "outside investors"
    - Raymer uses the $100k to enter tournaments throughout 2016
    - When 2016 concludes, he pays himself 40% off the top, then gives 80% of the remaining money to the investors (since he supposedly bought 20% of himself to start).
    - The staker also loses 5% of his original buyin, as that's YouStake's fee

So the differences in 2016 are the 5% YouStake fee, as well as the fact that this stake is more defined (a full year, tournaments only), rather than 2014 where he was just entering a "variety of cash games and tournaments" (lol). Also he has already found suckers to invest 30k from outside of YouStake.

Anyway, you're basically getting a 57/43 staking deal (after the awful 5% fee from YouStake).

Or, simply put, he's seeding $20k into it himself, and then playing with a $100k roll and keeping 52% of the profits.

I don't believe his line about "marriage EV" in that his wife gets nervous when he loses. If he is successful at what he does (he claimed in 2014 that he had won every single year he played, for over 20 years), his wife wouldn't care about temporary ups and downs.

Obviously he's (still) broke or cash poor.

Not sure if he also did this in 2015 (he probably did), but in the past 3 years, he cashed $31k (2013), $81k (2014), and $44k (2015), which have to all be losing years given the heavy tournament schedule he plays (and the fact that he claims he needs $100k to play per year).

Also laughable that he's using YouStake for this, and isn't allowing bigger investors simply to just send him money directly and avoid the crappy 5% fee. I can understand using YouStake for the people who want to invest $105 but LOL at anyone investing $1000 or more and paying 5%.

(EDIT: There is a BIG problem I discovered, which dwarfs any of the above. Scroll down for more info!)

Comments

ShawnFanningsLimpDick: Shouldn't his wife be more nervous about him banging hookers?

Load Metric
    I as him at thunder Valley trying to get a 1-2 dealers choice game. Confirmed busto.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    literally
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    So are you guys still saying he wasn't one of the Bonomo 3

Silver
    Load Metric
    lol Fossilman

Load Metric
    He used to be into stakes way back in rgp days, I think I remember reading about that long ago when he was always at foxwoods or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just thought of a potentially big problem here.

The 20% he bought of himself could be a freeroll and a way to extract another 12% out of any money won.

This is because we see no proof of the 20k self-investment, and we won't know if he really invested it unless he finishes more than 80k down for the year. And he can avoid that by simply playing a lighter schedule at the end of 2016 in order to avoid losing more than 80k!

So this looks realllllly shady.

He should not be able to buy pieces of himself in such a stake, because it potentially corrupts the whole process. The only exception would be if he was entering a single $100k tournament, which he's not.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    How much of himself did he have when he hit the big score?

Say 2.5m total after taxes about 11 years ago.

How in the FUCK can you possibly go broke if u even had 50% of yourself?

It aint like he is a dumb n-word and went and blew it all on a grill and a bunch of dumb shit. (Although hookers and blow is definitely a distinct possibility)

Fucking degens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Nice man. You look good without the beard. I like that selfie
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  raymer.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  157.2 KB

Comments

ftpjesus: You selling him short considering his past with hookers Id bet he'd drop a hundo..

rum dick: rofl

Thread Information