Thread: Mexico Mayor Slain a Day After Taking Office

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Mexico Mayor Slain a Day After Taking Office

The mayor of a city south of Mexico's capital was shot to death on Saturday, less than a day after taking office, officials said. Gunmen opened fire on Mayor Gisela Mota at her house in the city of Temixco, said the government of Morelos state, where Temixco is located. Two presumed assailants were killed and three others detained following a pursuit, said Morelos security commissioner Jesus Alberto Capella. He said the suspects fired on federal police and soldiers from a vehicle.

This might be slightly intimidating for the next mayor.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sstorture View Post
    The mayor of a city south of Mexico's capital was shot to death on Saturday, less than a day after taking office, officials said. Gunmen opened fire on Mayor Gisela Mota at her house in the city of Temixco, said the government of Morelos state, where Temixco is located. Two presumed assailants were killed and three others detained following a pursuit, said Morelos security commissioner Jesus Alberto Capella. He said the suspects fired on federal police and soldiers from a vehicle.

This might be slightly intimidating for the next mayor.
    New job opening for Marty in case his web design business doesn't work out.

Comments

Ricky: Actually, this is germane to the other thread, and illustrates the dangers of living in mexico.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Most under reported story ever, cartel violence in Mexico.
    http://www.elblogdelnarco.com/
    I challenge you to scroll back til the first death of 2016.

Used to be uncensored gore, mostly blurred now.
    and just a fyi It's rumored the cartels can surveil telcos n net.

Comments

4Dragons: under reported my ass
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 01-03-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Mexico is exceptionally safe so long as you don't involve yourself in the drug trade.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    Mexico is exceptionally safe so long as you don't involve yourself in the drug trade.
    Or politics, which I guess is the same thing.

Load Metric
    The parents of these students would disagree with you.

https://theintercept.com/2015/05/04/...mexico-part-1/

Comments

sonatine: Trying too hard.

jacosta24: nice find
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

The activist students who hijacked a bus and instigated a standoff with state police holding machine guns? Not saying the kids weren't brave and probably acting for the ultimate good but mess with el toro you get los cuernos.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

The activist students who hijacked a bus and instigated a standoff with state police holding machine guns? Not saying the kids weren't brave and probably acting for the ultimate good but mess with el toro you get los cuernos.
    And how were these innocent people deserving to be shot up by the balaclava-masked gunmen?

At 12:45 a.m., the C4 communications system catalogued the aftermath of yet another attack on the highway — armed men had intercepted a bus carrying a semi-professional soccer team. Survivors told investigators the driver of the bus lost control during the assault, and the door was pinned closed by a cascade of earth. The passengers dove to the floor, screaming that they were soccer players. They said their attackers replied they “did not care” and let loose with more bullets. At least 60 shell casings were recovered from the scene, including high-powered assault rifle rounds.

After the shooting stopped, the passengers heard the sound of two vehicles taking off into the night. Fifteen-year-old David Josué García Evangelista, one of the soccer players, was dead. The driver, Víctor Manuel Lugo Ortiz, was gravely wounded and died hours later. Blanca Montiel Sánchez, riding in a taxi nearby, was also killed. Hospital records included in the state’s investigation list at least eight other players and trainers admitted for injuries that night.

Some press accounts have attributed the attack on the highway to Iguala’s municipal police; others reported that members of Guerreros Unidos opened fire, too. One witness, who arrived after the assault, told state investigators the shooters were dressed in dark clothes with balaclavas pulled over their faces. Whoever the shooters were, it seems the innocent people they killed were not the innocent people they set out to kill.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Did that mayor create shitty web sites?

Load Metric
    Also, the State Department issued this travel warning regarding Mexico earlier this year. Separate from exposure to violence related to the drug cartels, it warns about increased risk of kidnappings of foreigners.

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...l-warning.html

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    tyde your job is done you can now come back home

Thread Information