Thread: Spring Break Help

Load Metric

Spring Break Help

OK I am going round and round on this. Basically I am between Cancun/Playa, Costa Rica and Arizona. Last year we did a week in an all inclusive in Cancun. (wife and two kids 8 and 10). We had a good time, great weather, beach was one of the nicest I have ever seen, pool good, food mediocre, room mediocre and service great. Wont be back to same hotel, though overall we had a great time. We did a snorkeling excursion which was a highlight and swam with the dolphins so that was cool as well. I did it through costco travel and it seemed pretty well priced. (by the way the kids loved all inclusive as dad wasn't always holding them back from wasteful ordering).

The problem with Cancun is that there are so many places to choose from and its hard to trust trip advisor. I looked at Costa Rica and it seemed cheaper, decent looking hotels, and more out door activities with jungle, on site snorkeling.

Arizona is easy, no third world, some family around but not as exciting. (I looked at some islands, even Hawaii but crossed them all off for various reasons)

Any recommendations, particularly in Cancun and Costa Rica? I have never been to Costa Rica so if it sucks please tell me. Cost is a factor as we all know with family involved its always times 4.

Thanks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    OK I am going round and round on this. Basically I am between Cancun/Playa, Costa Rica and Arizona. Last year we did a week in an all inclusive in Cancun. (wife and two kids 8 and 10). We had a good time, great weather, beach was one of the nicest I have ever seen, pool good, food mediocre, room mediocre and service great. Wont be back to same hotel, though overall we had a great time. We did a snorkeling excursion which was a highlight and swam with the dolphins so that was cool as well. I did it through costco travel and it seemed pretty well priced. (by the way the kids loved all inclusive as dad wasn't always holding them back from wasteful ordering).

The problem with Cancun is that there are so many places to choose from and its hard to trust trip advisor. I looked at Costa Rica and it seemed cheaper, decent looking hotels, and more out door activities with jungle, on site snorkeling.

Arizona is easy, no third world, some family around but not as exciting. (I looked at some islands, even Hawaii but crossed them all off for various reasons)

Any recommendations, particularly in Cancun and Costa Rica? I have never been to Costa Rica so if it sucks please tell me. Cost is a factor as we all know with family involved its always times 4.

Thanks.
    Everyone I know who has been to Costa Rica literally loved it.

You are basically required to go zip lining.

Also Panama is gaining in popularity and cheaper than Costa Rica.

Personally I hate traveling during Spring Break (no kids), and avoid it like the plague because everything is so much more expensive.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I lived in Costa Rica for most of 2011-2013. I've never been to Cancun but Costa Rica is considerably more expensive than Mexico in general. Spend minimal time in San Jose or Jaco and you'll love it. Do you speak Spanish?

Load Metric
    No love for Cabo?

Load Metric
    Can American go to Cuba yet?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

If this is possible, definitely do this. Have heard the Cuban resorts are top top from catering to the Euros all these years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    The way Americans got into Cuba was from a stopover in Chihuahua MX, I think you can get direct flights in now though

Banned
    Load Metric
    I spent 3 weeks traveling through Cuba in July this year and would never return.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    I spent 3 weeks traveling through Cuba in July this year and would never return.
    Please post a trip report. I am thinking of going there next summer and would like your input.

Thread Information