Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Anyone has his number? I would love trying to pitch him..lol
    Thought you were a twinks only type.

Comments

OSA: for a sale dumbass

Load Metric
    Stay away from the mentally disturbed weirdos on CraigsList.

Didn't Drexel get pistol whipped over a MacBook Air about a year ago from some guy he meet on CraigsList?

I'm surprised this guy didn't show up at Marty's house in Mexico with some dildos and a bottle of lube.

Comments

Jayjami: Dildos and lube rep.

Load Metric
    5 months for a wordpress website ay?

Comments

OSA: exactly...now THATS extortion
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    WAY 2 MISS THE POINT EL SHALLOW
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

Mike should hire him. Full Salary.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just sayin...

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Comments

OSA: great place to peospect for leads imo

tyde: todd please delete this screen shot. gordman you fucking retard...grow up

SrslySirius: HAHAHAHAHA

El Gallo: LOL
    Last edited by Gordman; 12-31-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

CL is the very worst form of lead you can get. They all want something for nothing and have no respect for the skill set because 'their 12 year old nephew did their last one.. it didn't work.. but he did build one'
    The sales tactic of all you need is one job has been used to death by every cold caller, but only works with high ROI biz. Doesn't work with salons, restaurants, pet shops etc.

That person looking at that roofing/landscaping company for a job wont be looking at just one company. They will be looking at a few and will not judge who they go with based on what the website says(maybe 6-7 years ago). They are going to go off the WOM of what other people have said about said company. The sites that they use to do that are Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Google etc. If you don't believe me ask yourself this, would you pick a restaurant/salon/doctor based on what Google results showed you or what several people that live in your area said about those businesses?

No one wakes up and says I new a new roof. Let me go to bobsroofing.com lol. If you stop paying for hosting for a website all the work is gone as well as the thousands of dollars that have been spent.

Secretary? You mean Darlene who uploads photos of cats to her Facebook? You think she has time or expertise about what type of content needs to be posted on there? What about how to respond to reviews? What happens when she is busy or short staffed or sick or just doesn't feel like it? On average it takes about 50 hours a month to do all the work a company can do. Darlene going to devote that time? I know that's not the case because of the tens of thousands of "Darlene's" I have spoken to.

So let's say you hire a person in house. Most likely it will be either A) Some college intern who is in her 2nd year of a marketing major and you will either pay her zero, and get zero work/pay her at the very minimum $9 a hour which comes out to $450 a month, more than what a company would charge with less expertise and resources. B) Hire a local marketing company that will charge you 3x to have to cover their overhead.

Both cases a business owner loses in the long run.

CL leads are good if you want to practice objection handling and pitching. Those individuals need to be farmed properly and just be shown the possibility of what social media can provide their biz. Once you qualify and realize that they are spending no money on adv and marketing, no price should be given. Instead you show them what other businesses using social media have done for them. Then, you let them sit for a day or two and follow up with another piece of value. In a week you gauge their temperature. They should be really excited to get started before you even show the price because they will have realized hopefully by now, perceived value>actual price.

Also, lay off the insults. I have had tremendous amount of experience in sales, running my own business, and cold calling so I'm not some noob in this field.
    Which of my Restaurant, Salon and Construction clients should I ask?

The only reason I got negative with you is because you took the 'I know stuff you don't know' route and not surprisingly are still taking that tone with this post. When you throw around shit like 'proprietary software' you come off as a giant ass to those of us on this board (at least 6) who know everything that you are talking about and you are just leaving out cannonball sized holes in your story. You come off as 'I know more than you' and you are laughably incorrect.

Comments

tyde: HOF ....4D knows the drill

vegas1369: Shocking!
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 12-30-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Load Metric
    All that stuff being said from Drk, I should GSA the fuck out of this thread.

Banned
    Load Metric

the idea is to charge a lower flat monthly rate with an affordable buy in point/deposit

the 5 months is not a timeline for site launch/development

Banned
    Load Metric
    DELETED FROM NET
    Last edited by tyde; 12-31-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Last edited by Gordman; 12-31-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Diamond
    Load Metric

The sales tactic of all you need is one job has been used to death by every cold caller, but only works with high ROI biz. Doesn't work with salons, restaurants, pet shops etc.

That person looking at that roofing/landscaping company for a job wont be looking at just one company. They will be looking at a few and will not judge who they go with based on what the website says(maybe 6-7 years ago). They are going to go off the WOM of what other people have said about said company. The sites that they use to do that are Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Google etc. If you don't believe me ask yourself this, would you pick a restaurant/salon/doctor based on what Google results showed you or what several people that live in your area said about those businesses?

No one wakes up and says I new a new roof. Let me go to bobsroofing.com lol. If you stop paying for hosting for a website all the work is gone as well as the thousands of dollars that have been spent.

Secretary? You mean Darlene who uploads photos of cats to her Facebook? You think she has time or expertise about what type of content needs to be posted on there? What about how to respond to reviews? What happens when she is busy or short staffed or sick or just doesn't feel like it? On average it takes about 50 hours a month to do all the work a company can do. Darlene going to devote that time? I know that's not the case because of the tens of thousands of "Darlene's" I have spoken to.

So let's say you hire a person in house. Most likely it will be either A) Some college intern who is in her 2nd year of a marketing major and you will either pay her zero, and get zero work/pay her at the very minimum $9 a hour which comes out to $450 a month, more than what a company would charge with less expertise and resources. B) Hire a local marketing company that will charge you 3x to have to cover their overhead.

Both cases a business owner loses in the long run.

CL leads are good if you want to practice objection handling and pitching. Those individuals need to be farmed properly and just be shown the possibility of what social media can provide their biz. Once you qualify and realize that they are spending no money on adv and marketing, no price should be given. Instead you show them what other businesses using social media have done for them. Then, you let them sit for a day or two and follow up with another piece of value. In a week you gauge their temperature. They should be really excited to get started before you even show the price because they will have realized hopefully by now, perceived value>actual price.

Also, lay off the insults. I have had tremendous amount of experience in sales, running my own business, and cold calling so I'm not some noob in this field.

The only reason I got negative with you is because you took the 'I know stuff you don't know' and not surprisingly are still taking that tone with this post. When you throw around shit like 'proprietary software' you come off as a giant ass to those of us on this board (at least 6) who know everything that you are talking about and you are just leaving out cannonball sized holes in your story. You come off as 'I know more than you' and you are laughably incorrect.
    Great. You took 2 words of the entire post and chose to scrutinize it instead of addressing any of those other statements. That's fine.

The software I am taking about is built by a team of engineers that "know what they are talking about" as well.

I'm not saying I know more than you, I am just discussing the facts about how consumers are using online tools to decide on buying purchases. I know that's probably how you make your living and by downplaying websites its a jab at what you have worked so hard to accomplish, but nowadays consumers are just using websites as a means of finding basic info AFTER they decided who they are going with based on what I have spoken beforehand.

Social Media is more valuable to a business than a website, because it has the ability to interact with customers in real time, provide referrals, and is a testament to a business reputation long after the person stops paying their "website guy". These sites aren't going anywhere and once a business owner invests in them, it will only increase the value/asking price for a business just like putting a new roof on a house or a new fence.

But go ahead, nitpick one thing I said and disregard my points.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Last edited by Gordman; 12-30-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    A project director is a project management role in which an individual strategically oversees, monitors and manages an IT project from an executive level. As the most responsible authority over a project, this individual is charged with managing IT team members and allocated resources.

Damn Maaaahin thats a fuckin sweet position you got there,

6 figure salary?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

The only reason I got negative with you is because you took the 'I know stuff you don't know' and not surprisingly are still taking that tone with this post. When you throw around shit like 'proprietary software' you come off as a giant ass to those of us on this board (at least 6) who know everything that you are talking about and you are just leaving out cannonball sized holes in your story. You come off as 'I know more than you' and you are laughably incorrect.
    Great. You took 2 words of the entire post and chose to scrutinize it instead of addressing any of those other statements. That's fine.

The software I am taking about is built by a team of engineers that "know what they are talking about" as well.

I'm not saying I know more than you, I am just discussing the facts about how consumers are using online tools to decide on buying purchases. I know that's probably how you make your living and by downplaying websites its a jab at what you have worked so hard to accomplish, but nowadays consumers are just using websites as a means of finding basic info AFTER they decided who they are going with based on what I have spoken beforehand.

Social Media is more valuable to a business than a website, because it has the ability to interact with customers in real time, provide referrals, and is a testament to a business reputation long after the person stops paying their "website guy". These sites aren't going anywhere and once a business owner invests in them, it will only increase the value/asking price for a business just like putting a new roof on a house or a new fence.

Not disregarding anything, it's just that i've lived it from every angle. I've been the Admin (Secretary) that has dealt with posting social shit, i've been the tech guy that worked in-house marketing and online sales. That dovetailed into me being a web guy for several years now and getting away from it for many of the reasons that you and Tyde have outlined in this thread. The thing that you are touching on that is half and half is the Social Media aspect of it all. It's a red herring. It's rare that you can convert a NORMAL social post into a sale just from that. Now if you want to get into Youtube-Amazon product arbitrage and FB Dark Post Re-targeting; perhaps you're just leaving out the good parts for the plebeians, I don't know? You are either being cagey or you just really only have a base level of knowledge of what you're talking about.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Not disregarding anything, it's just that i've lived it from every angle. I've been the Admin (Secretary) that has dealt with posting social shit, i've been the tech guy that worked in-house marketing and online sales. That dovetailed into me being a web guy for several years now and getting away from it for many of the reasons that you and Tyde have outlined in this thread. The thing that you are touching on that is half and half is the Social Media aspect of it all. It's a red herring. It's rare that you can convert a NORMAL social post into a sale just from that. Now if you want to get into Youtube-Amazon product arbitrage and FB Dark Post Re-targeting; perhaps you're just leaving out the good parts for the plebeians, I don't know? You are either being cagey or you just really only have a base level of knowledge of what you're talking about.
    When you were the admin guy you have other responsibilities right? How many times did this get pushed to the back burner because of other "more important" matters? Being a tech guy is not the same as someone who has years of experience with social media. Not saying that you did this, but, I feel it's irresponsible to have clients assume that because you know how to do websites, that social media is just an extension of your skill set. Unfortunately, a lot of business owners get duped into thinking that, and then say oh it doesn't work cause my webguy tried it.

I feel that you are coming at this from the wrong angle. Facebook, just to use it as an example is not a medium that should be used to showcase inventory or get people to buy shit with every post. Majority of posts should be things that your fan base can get engaged in and provide their two cents. Kind of going into a dinner party and having one guy in the room that doesn't shut the fuck the up about how great his wife/car/job is instead of asking the other person those type of questions. That's 99.9% of FB pages I see nowadays. Look at my great dish, look at my great patio, look at my great______. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars(possibly more) a month just on FB ads to get your message out there you can craft content that can get that sort of engagement. Once you provided value over a period of time then and only then can you ask them to check something out. This is a principle executed by Gary Vaynerchuck called "Jab, Jab,Jab, Right Hook".

Not being cagey, I don't necessarily think its beneficial(unless you are working with at least a couple grand a month) to pay FB to boost posts, do ads etc. I work with small businesses and they either dont have the money to invest in that or they waste their money putting down $25 or $50 thinking some miracle will happen.

Load Metric

When you were the admin guy you have other responsibilities right? How many times did this get pushed to the back burner because of other "more important" matters? Being a tech guy is not the same as someone who has years of experience with social media. Not saying that you did this, but, I feel it's irresponsible to have clients assume that because you know how to do websites, that social media is just an extension of your skill set. Unfortunately, a lot of business owners get duped into thinking that, and then say oh it doesn't work cause my webguy tried it.

I feel that you are coming at this from the wrong angle. Facebook, just to use it as an example is not a medium that should be used to showcase inventory or get people to buy shit with every post. Majority of posts should be things that your fan base can get engaged in and provide their two cents. Kind of going into a dinner party and having one guy in the room that doesn't shut the fuck the up about how great his wife/car/job is instead of asking the other person those type of questions. That's 99.9% of FB pages I see nowadays. Look at my great dish, look at my great patio, look at my great______. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars(possibly more) a month just on FB ads to get your message out there you can craft content that can get that sort of engagement. Once you provided value over a period of time then and only then can you ask them to check something out. This is a principle executed by Gary Vaynerchuck called "Jab, Jab,Jab, Right Hook".

I have spoken with Gary on a few occasions. It really is the difference between the long game and the short. Local biz that sells windows and lawncare are looking for the short game, 50 person companies, places traded on the stock exchanges and the like are looking for the long game that you are speaking of. And yes, i've read all of Gary's books and watch his show pretty religiously.

Diamond
    Load Metric

I have spoken with Gary on a few occasions. It really is the difference between the long game and the short. Local biz that sells windows and lawncare are looking for the short game, 50 person companies, places traded on the stock exchanges and the like are looking for the long game that you are speaking of. And yes, i've read all of Gary's books and watch his show pretty religiously.
    I have had a twink friend/former coworker intern for him. They didn't pick him up after the internship and ending up killing it and getting a smoking hot gf while learning invaluable things that I am pretty sure wouldn't have happened had he stayed there.

That's the thing that needs to be understood by those window and lawncare guys. SM isn't going anywhere. Once they understand that they will spend thousands a year just like they did with radio/TV/Yellowpages. They are going to be around 10-20-30 years down the line and then their family will hopefully take over etc.

Also SM isn't Groupon or Living Social and it's not a quick fix.

Load Metric

I have had a twink friend/former coworker intern for him. They didn't pick him up after the internship and ending up killing it and getting a smoking hot gf while learning invaluable things that I am pretty sure wouldn't have happened had he stayed there.

That's the thing that needs to be understood by those window and lawncare guys. SM isn't going anywhere. Once they understand that they will spend thousands a year just like they did with radio/TV/Yellowpages. Also SM isn't Groupon or Living Social and it's not a quick fix.

As a quick sidebar, this guy I have a landscape site for hits me up and tells me to get him to #1 on google and in the 7 pack (now 3 pack) local before the first snowfall for 'snow removal royal oak / Birmingham / Bloomfield Hills, yadda yadda' , like a week ago. Just to let you know what kind of retardation I put up with.

Thread Information