Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Pickering Needs to Learn Some Manners

Banned
    Load Metric
    If he had called me pissed off saying 'Marty, I want a refund...I'm not happy with your service'

fine

but no...he lashes out with personal threats

refuses to answer his phone

then threatens to report me to 'immigration'

I think the previous poster may be correct that he is too fucking retarded to even bother with

I don't care how stupid you are...I don't take threats that jeopardize my personal livelihood lightly

people like this need to get stomped out of general principle imo
    Last edited by tyde; 12-30-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    marty please take a screenshot of the webpage and show us
    Slava Ukraini!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Does this guy really "know some people" or is he a blow hard. I'd be careful if he has had a corp 8 years in Mexico. Either way what a faggot for selling toxic products.

I wouldn't want enemies like this If I was living in Mexico. Running bad to pick such a unreasonable client.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 12-30-2015 at 06:01 AM.

Load Metric
    This is why i'm more or less done with client services. GL.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Same reason I started looking at getting a real job.

Service industry people get shit on really hard. I literally just take zero shit anymore but that's cause I have enough business.

I have seen friends and fellow business owners bend over backwards and then do backflips like a fucking monkey to make stuff right with clients and the clients are still dicks.

Really it boils down to two things. They don't value the services you provide and they think their time is more important than your time.

Somewhere along the lines as a society we taught customers they are always right. When in fact a lot of times they can just be fucking retarded assholes.

Iron Clad Contracts
    Only accept wires or checks
    Bill Hourly

Seem to be the best solutions.

Tyde I am sure there are some government organizations that would be interested in this mans illegal/shady dealings.

Comments

Belly Buster: Iron Clad Contracts, Only accept wires or checks, Bill Hourly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Same reason I started looking at getting a real job.

Service industry people get shit on really hard. I literally just take zero shit anymore but that's cause I have enough business.

I have seen friends and fellow business owners bend over backwards and then do backflips like a fucking monkey to make stuff right with clients and the clients are still dicks.

Really it boils down to two things. They don't value the services you provide and they think their time is more important than your time.

Somewhere along the lines as a society we taught customers they are always right. When in fact a lot of times they can just be fucking retarded assholes.

Iron Clad Contracts
    Only accept wires or checks
    Bill Hourly

Seem to be the best solutions.

Tyde I am sure there are some government organizations that would be interested in this mans illegal/shady dealings.

For me, I actually learned a ton by working with business owners and came to the realization that I should be doing what they are doing with physical products and selling leads, instead of just being a hammer in their toolbox.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    oh and this clown is setting up shop in Tijuana building some tile product that was apparently banned by the EPA because its fucking TOXIC

and then transporting it back to the United States for one of his cheesy ass unlicensed remodeling companies he whores out on Craigslist to unsuspecting senior citizens who already have Mesothelioma
    Per this source, products containing asbestos are not 100% banned in the U.S.
    http://www.asbestosproducts.com/asbe...h-america.html

First paragraph:
    Around the world, when public health workers call for national bans on asbestos, one of the things they hear from the local asbestos industry is that the U.S. has not banned asbestos. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued regulations to phase out the use of almost all asbestos products in 1989, and these rules were overturned in a court challenge in 1991. Industry spokesmen accordingly emphasize that the sale of almost all asbestos products is still allowed in the U.s. and point to the existence of a 1986 International Labor Organization OLO) convention on asbestos to assert that there are international standards in effect for "controlled use" of asbestos.(2)
    The article appears to written by someone not happy that products containing asbestos are still sold in the U.S. Meaning, it's not written by an industry shill promoting the use of asbestos.

Also, this EPA identifies products that can contain asbestos that are *not* banned:
    http://www.epa.gov/asbestos/us-federal-bans-asbestos

Examples of asbestos-containing products not banned
    The manufacture, importation, processing and distribution in commerce of these products, as well as some others not listed, are not banned.

Cement corrugated sheet
    Cement flat sheet
    Clothing
    Pipeline wrap
    Roofing felt
    Vinyl floor tile
    Cement shingle
    Millboard
    Cement pipe
    Automatic transmission components
    Clutch facings
    Friction materials
    Disk brake pads
    Drum brake linings
    Brake blocks
    Gaskets
    Non-roofing coatings
    Roof coatings
    As such, it's possible that this guy isn't breaking the law regarding the importation of that product, but he probably is breaking it if he isn't disclosing to his customers that the tiles contain asbestos.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    sorry Todd didn't mean to go off on you

carry on

looking for your EXPERTISE dealing with this knob

You're getting soft Marty. Sucking up to jew boy is not your style. Maybe you guys could get a room together. I hear Todd is begging for an extra room in vegas. You, his narcissistic jew ass, his chunky gf and his little shit could all have one big orgy.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    People treat cold callers like shit. Its a fact. I bet he wouldn't be speaking in those terms in person.

Websites are useless these days. No one cares what great things you can say about yourself. It seems like you are ripping off the guy and when he eventually realized it he got pissed off became hostile over even the simplest request.

For about $400 a month you can have a mobile landing page for a small business, email marketing, and an Account Management team to monitor the top 5 sites people use to find local businesses, in addition to have writers craft content to FB and Twitter. There's also proprietary technology to search twitter for people who are talking about things relevant to businesses.

Sole proprietor biz like yourself are going out of business, because companies like above have more expertise, time, and resources to handle those problems.

CL seems like a bunch of non buyers when I used it as a prospecting tool. You closed him though, so there's a pat on back deserved for that.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek God View Post

carry on

You're getting soft Marty. Sucking up to jew boy is not your style. Maybe you guys could get a room together. I hear Todd is begging for an extra room in vegas. You, his narcissistic jew ass, his chunky gf and his little shit could all have one big orgy.

Just looking to stay on topic for once

Banned
    Load Metric

Just looking to stay on topic for once

Fair enough.

Load Metric

carry on

Why are you so mad and obsessed?

Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    People treat cold callers like shit. Its a fact. I bet he wouldn't be speaking in those terms in person.

Websites are useless these days. No one cares what great things you can say about yourself. It seems like you are ripping off the guy and when he eventually realized it he got pissed off became hostile over even the simplest request.

A business like a roofing or landscaping company can pay for its website with 1 sale generated from it per month in most cases. Adding 1-2 sales per month from their website should be the bare minimum. Just that, to some companies, is worth the expense. So you just don't know what you're talking about here.

For about $400 a month you can have a mobile landing page for a small business, email marketing, and an Account Management team to monitor the top 5 sites people use to find local businesses, in addition to have writers craft content to FB and Twitter. There's also proprietary technology to search twitter for people who are talking about things relevant to businesses.

You can do it cheaper by buying a website and having your secretary do that stuff. And it's called HootSuite (lol at proprietary software, knob).

Sole proprietor biz like yourself are going out of business, because companies like above have more expertise, time, and resources to handle those problems.

CL seems like a bunch of non buyers when I used it as a prospecting tool. You closed him though, so there's a pat on back deserved for that.
    CL is the very worst form of lead you can get. They all want something for nothing and have no respect for the skill set because 'their 12 year old nephew did their last one.. it didn't work.. but he did build one'

Load Metric
    Well...

I certainly hope that any potential customers of RELIABLE MARINE SERVICES from SAN DIEGO, see this thread before they consider engaging into any type of business arrangement with Mr. Robert Pickering. Im sorry he apparently treated you so poorly.

Thank you for documenting your experience. Its a shame that Mr. Pickering had to resort to threats in order to avoid paying you for your work.

Comments

4Dragons: seems like that's exactly what happened too

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

A business like a roofing or landscaping company can pay for its website with 1 sale generated from it per month in most cases. Adding 1-2 sales per month from their website should be the bare minimum. Just that, to some companies, is worth the expense. So you just don't know what you're talking about here.

You can do it cheaper by buying a website and having your secretary do that stuff. And it's called HootSuite (lol at proprietary software, knob).

CL is the very worst form of lead you can get. They all want something for nothing and have no respect for the skill set because 'their 12 year old nephew did their last one.. it didn't work.. but he did build one'
    The sales tactic of all you need is one job has been used to death by every cold caller, but only works with high ROI biz. Doesn't work with salons, restaurants, pet shops etc.

That person looking at that roofing/landscaping company for a job wont be looking at just one company. They will be looking at a few and will not judge who they go with based on what the website says(maybe 6-7 years ago). They are going to go off the WOM of what other people have said about said company. The sites that they use to do that are Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Google etc. If you don't believe me ask yourself this, would you pick a restaurant/salon/doctor based on what Google results showed you or what several people that live in your area said about those businesses?

No one wakes up and says I new a new roof. Let me go to bobsroofing.com lol. If you stop paying for hosting for a website all the work is gone as well as the thousands of dollars that have been spent.

Secretary? You mean Darlene who uploads photos of cats to her Facebook? You think she has time or expertise about what type of content needs to be posted on there? What about how to respond to reviews? What happens when she is busy or short staffed or sick or just doesn't feel like it? On average it takes about 50 hours a month to do all the work a company can do. Darlene going to devote that time? I know that's not the case because of the tens of thousands of "Darlene's" I have spoken to.

So let's say you hire a person in house. Most likely it will be either A) Some college intern who is in her 2nd year of a marketing major and you will either pay her zero, and get zero work/pay her at the very minimum $9 a hour which comes out to $450 a month, more than what a company would charge with less expertise and resources. B) Hire a local marketing company that will charge you 3x to have to cover their overhead.

Both cases a business owner loses in the long run.

CL leads are good if you want to practice objection handling and pitching. Those individuals need to be farmed properly and just be shown the possibility of what social media can provide their biz. Once you qualify and realize that they are spending no money on adv and marketing, no price should be given. Instead you show them what other businesses using social media have done for them. Then, you let them sit for a day or two and follow up with another piece of value. In a week you gauge their temperature. They should be really excited to get started before you even show the price because they will have realized hopefully by now, perceived value>actual price.

Also, lay off the insults. I have had tremendous amount of experience in sales, running my own business, and cold calling so I'm not some noob in this field.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Well...

I certainly hope that any potential customers of RELIABLE MARINE SERVICES from SAN DIEGO, see this thread before they consider engaging into any type of business arrangement with Mr. Robert Pickering. Im sorry he apparently treated you so poorly.

Thank you for documenting your experience. Its a shame that Mr. Pickering had to resort to threats in order to avoid paying you for your work.
    business is business...I get that.

if he had an issue with the quality of his product, or if I had been rude to him or tried to scam him....then yes...I can understand that reaction

not the case here

reexamining this scenario objectively, I was tactful, patient, and eager to solve the problem. Not once was I rude, or dismissive. I pick up my phone and am easily accessible to clients.

He refuses to make a 5 minute call to GoDaddy, and then proceeds to unload on me personally with threats leaving me chickenshit threatening voicemails

99/100 times I let something like this slide if its just some dipshit....but Robert Pickering made this very personal.

If he wasn't happy with his website for whatever reason....he should have asked for a refund...where I would have reluctantly obliged him and promptly refunded his deposit.

Load Metric
    Its extremely poor manners, and a total lack of professionalism on the part of Robert Pickering.

He should have handled that much better.

I wonder if there have been complaints against Reliable Marine Services? Have you looked into that? Were there signs that he was potentially the type of person you shouldnt have tried to work for?

At least you have the proof that you did everything you were asked to do, and that he cancelled his payment and threatened you.

Load Metric
    It looks like Robert Pickering also owns a company called Pickering Properties, out of Dana Point. www.cool-properties.com

I wonder if people have had similar bad experiences with Cool Properties as they have with Reliable Marine Services in San Diego?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Anyone has his number? I would love trying to pitch him..lol

Comments

tyde: check the OP screenshots

Load Metric
    If you search for Robert Pickering and Better Business Bureau complaints, his phone number might come up.

Thread Information