Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** Vegas F1 Thread

Load Metric

***OFFICIAL*** Vegas F1 Thread

After an absolute mess on the Strip the last year, F1 is finally here. Agree with Druff that it’s going to be an epic fail. I can get a room that Saturday night at the Horseshoe for $176. This Saturday, they’re quoting me $350! A clear sign people are staying away in droves.

I come from Bakersfield. The best racing town on the West Coast. Been to Indy and a couple NASCAR events. I’d like to see an F1 race, but paying $1500 to sit in grandstands in front of the Venetian is absolutely laughable. Especially when I can watch it on TV.

Load Metric
    A friend who worked for Garrett was on the Ferrari F1 team and got me a pit pass when the circus was in Detroit in the 80s.

Noisy, you can't see much because it is a 2.5 mile long track, and the Ferrari crew looks less than organized.

Spend the ticket/hotel money on fine food and drink and watch it on TV.

An infield party at a NASCAR event is a lot more fun.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by turdzilla View Post
    A friend who worked for Garrett was on the Ferrari F1 team and got me a pit pass when the circus was in Detroit in the 80s.

Noisy, you can't see much because it is a 2.5 mile long track, and the Ferrari crew looks less than organized.

NASCAR markets itself brilliantly. They really try to make the experience fun for the fans.

Load Metric
    question do they officially start the race when the start flag waves, or is it the morning of the race itself, or is it when Democrats win control of the Virginia House of Delegates, flipping the GOP majority and giving them control of both chambers?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    kinda amazed at how much they redid the main parts of Las Vegas for this

they must think the moneys worth it and places like Monaco for F1 seem very popular globally not so much here

https://twitter.com/vegasstarfish/status/1722705191617941607

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by turdzilla View Post

been to many NASCAR infields for Race weekends

Charlotte/Watkins Glenn/Daytona/Dover grew up going to races father was a huge fan. The Race weekends are a big party and fun aces are fun. Infields are big parties BBQ and drink its a good time. Daytonas the best grew up going to Daytona 500 infields, I was there in 2001 was crazy on the infield coming out of turn 4 too right there, that night because we didnt leave until the next day to avoid traffic was a scene, police had blocked off that area so people didnt jump the fence take grass or who knows, was a little wierd

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My youngest son likes F1 so I got general admission passes last year to the race in Austin. It was fun but not worth the money. Got tickets for about $280 each including shuttle bus.

Getting there was a breeze drove up in the morning hopped right on the bus and made it to the gate at around 9 AM for the 1 PM race. Place was already packed and our GA area was ok but not great, set up our chairs and started watching the prelim junk. They do a good job of having something going on all the way up to the actual race, old timer race, concerts, parade of drivers etc.

We smuggled in some sandwiches and ate those but needed more food, kid is a teen so he eats a shit ton, go to the food tent and get a hot dog for $12, Brisket sandwich for $17, turkey sandwich $17….I only got charged for the two sandwiches which I didn’t figure it out til later but the prices were ridiculous and the lady spoke zero English so I chalked it up to charity.

The race finally starts and some assholes stand directly in front of everyone, so we all get to stand until they go get some cardboard and sit down. The race is really kind of boring to watch until someone wrecked and went flying through the air. Verstappen comes back to win with 2 laps or so to go after a bad pit stop earlier. We get to walk on the track after the race and my kid picked up some tire rubber which was fun. Shaq was doing his DJ Diesel act and Interpol was playing as well, but we didn’t stick around. The line just get on a shuttle bus is over an hour then another hour in the line of buses just to get to the main road which was two miles away….from the time we got in line for a bus to get to my car was at least 2 hours and 40 minutes, which is longer than the actual race.

Spending time with the kid is great but without a real seat, the tickets would need to be way cheaper to do it again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I mentioned on radio that I had tickets to sell. I don't anymore. Long story not worth telling.

But it's not a big deal because the prices have plummeted.

If you really do want to go, wait until like a day before the race and get it on Stubhub. Do NOT buy it through these hotels, even with their "discounts".

Thread Information