Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Quit My Job This Past Summer

Load Metric

I Quit My Job This Past Summer

Not gonna lie... All the barbs on this site about being a bartender eventually got to me. All of the insults from the likes of guys like OSA and lolwow finally took their toll on me and I found myself reflecting on what life would be like stuck behind the bar into my 50's and possibly 60's, which wasn't very appealing, so I quit.

Now I am unemployed and living the dream, just like Marty.

:ballin

Comments

lol wow: bitch i never fired shots at an honest mans trade

tony bagadonuts: Offset lol wow's cuntiness

big dick: living the dream

BCR:

Serial Fail: Congrats. Need a truck to help you move to Mexico?

Load Metric
    My bad, lol wow was not one of the people that caused me to come to this decision.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Live it up my man.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

vegas1369: Stripes rep

Silver
    Load Metric
    So are you entering the canna-biz?

You seem to be awfully in tune with what's going on these days.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Screw what other people think. There's nothing wrong with being a bartender. You make people happy and you get a lot of your income in cash from tips that nobody ever reports to the IRS even though they're supposed to. Other than it being Vegas and thus smoky, which I would hate, it doesn't sound bad at all. I am sure it has its low points but I'm guessing no more than any other job? It won't make you rich but it's a steady job that will allow you to live comfortably and save money if you are responsible. I admire anyone who does that no matter what their job is, and you seemed to be doing that. Ever since I decided to play a little joke a few years ago and "melt down" Vegas you have really disliked me but that's neither here nor there, I've always thought you were a good solid person and respected your work even if you were "just a bartender." If you can get your job back and the only thing that bothered you was the comments of people on this forum who let me assure you aren't any better than you, you should see about returning. Just my opinion.

Load Metric
    In the right place, bartenders can make good money. But an occupational hazard of the job, as you are probably aware, is alcoholism.

In any event, good luck and let us know how you are doing.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    So are you entering the canna-biz?

You seem to be awfully in tune with what's going on these days.
    Name:  Dave-Chappelle-I-plead-the-5th-600x390.png
Views: 871
Size:  370.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Screw what other people think. There's nothing wrong with being a bartender. You make people happy and you get a lot of your income in cash from tips that nobody ever reports to the IRS even though they're supposed to. Other than it being Vegas and thus smoky, which I would hate, it doesn't sound bad at all. I am sure it has its low points but I'm guessing no more than any other job? It won't make you rich but it's a steady job that will allow you to live comfortably and save money if you are responsible. I admire anyone who does that no matter what their job is, and you seemed to be doing that. Ever since I decided to play a little joke a few years ago and "melt down" Vegas you have really disliked me but that's neither here nor there, I've always thought you were a good solid person and respected your work even if you were "just a bartender." If you can get your job back and the only thing that bothered you was the comments of people on this forum who let me assure you aren't any better than you, you should see about returning. Just my opinion.
    I never disliked you. I just like busting your balls about Peyton Manning.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    I never disliked you. I just like busting your balls about Peyton Manning.
    HK always makes a good point. Just wondering, how much were the culinary union dues you had to kick up the pipe? I remember bagging groceries in 9th grade for $5.25 and paying 35 cents an hour to the grocery worker's union.

Load Metric
    I got the sense you found a lucrative spot. I'm not a watch guy, but I recall you posting a pic of what looked to be a serious piece and assumed things were well. So congrats on that, if my read is correct. I know you didn't quit a job over random internet comments, so I'm taking that part as a joke

Comments

vegas1369:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bartending is one of the most noble jobs a man can have.

Comments

vegas1369:
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Thought you were a pro poker player.

Whats wrong with being a bartender? Especially if its full time. Don't they make a lot of money and get a lot of pussy? And tips, how much of that is reported to Uncle Sam?

Worried about what people here think of you. Dude, you can insult with the best of them.

This was not a very wise decision on your part and for a very poor reason, especially if you enjoyed your work. There's more to it?

Anyway GL, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Comments

big dick: Prepare yourself for a lot of long shitty seasons of watching the cubs win. asshole

vegas1369:

Load Metric
    Getting in your car and driving to your gig as a bartender had to be the darkest part of your day. Knowing that you had to deal with the public and there was no escape.

If bartenders are prone to alcoholism it would be at this moment that I would be reaching under the seat for that fifth that would get me through another shift.

Who the fuck knows what Tyde is doing. I thought someone hinted he was bartending. This has the potential to be hall of fame. Who needs a bartender to ask how my wife is doing and compliment me on my shirt while trying to pretend he likes me and is my buddy.

Tyde would bust your balls and ask for money. That is what real friends do. He would keep it real. There would be a velvet rope outside in short order.

Comments

big dick: nice

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't think vegas quit bartending unless he had a better option available.

Comments

vegas1369: Smart man!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Who needs a bartender to ask how my wife is doing and compliment me on my shirt while trying to pretend he likes me and is my buddy.
    That is exactly what Marty is like when talking off-forum.

Load Metric
    Bartenders and cocktail waitresses make a lot of money in Vegas.

However, female cocktail waitresses who work in the big luxury nightclubs make the most.

$200K a year minimum but they have to fuck and give blowjobs to the top executives and VIP's in order to keep their job.

Comments

4Dragons: This is sadly true

Load Metric
    Not gonna lie... All the barbs on this site about being a bartender eventually got to me. All of the insults from the likes of guys like OSA and lolwow finally took their toll on me and I found myself reflecting on what life would be like stuck behind the bar into my 50's and possibly 60's, which wasn't very appealing, so I quit.

The plumber jokes get to me too. Then when I get the satisfaction of dislodging a clogged turd, I quickly realize what I was put on this earth to do. Not only am I good at what I do, it's my passion.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

The plumber jokes get to me too. Then when I get the satisfaction of dislodging a clogged turd, I quickly realize what I was put on this earth to do. Not only am I good at what I do, it's my passion.

this thread has nothing whatsoever to do with your white trash punk ass you fucking redneck mouthbreather....

forget your password again & drink plenty of bleach

or better yet, take another fake trip to Perth or 'The Caymans' ...but die in a real plane crash on the way

Comments

ToasterOven: lol

Muck Ficon: Hahahaha....Post more

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Why people are acting like OP is being genuine is beyond me.

Thread Information