Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things to see and do in North Carolina/Kentucky/Tennessee/Georgia area

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Srsly you're not going to invite Druff to stay in your guest bedroom? Druff's your boy, you know how he likes to save money. Lol that'd be pretty awkward but it'll make great radio so go for it.

Druff may be frugal, but he'd pay double to ancestors of Hitler for his own place over rooming with anyone. Just my take.

Load Metric
    Hit Savannah just make sure to keep your windows up and doors locked.

Regarding Biltmore Estate. I was dragged into this thing around twenty years ago. Suicide would be a better alternative imo.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Diggydow lives in NC. If he has moved back from China with his Chinese wife he should be living near home I assume.

Also, go wätch Grayson Allen play ball.

Name:  allen-grayson-111315-usnews-getty-ftr_8kwdl6c7jmw81n82r3au80kea-1140x641.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  80.7 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Lived in Atlanta my whole life. Biltmore sucks, coke museum sucks, aquarium sucks.

Cyclorama at Grant park and Stone Mountain are a lot cooler if you are like me and really pissed off about losing the war.

Guidestones are some statist bullshit that prick Ted Turner paid to have erected. He isn't even from here so he can really fuck right off with his preachy bullshit.

If it were me, I'd book a reservation at the Optimist restaurant (it's excellent), pull up some Stone Mountain info on my iPad and if looks interesting go there, otherwise leave this overrated soulless city ASAP. If you want to experience some southern cooking, try Mary Macs downtown instead. Otherwise GTFO and never come back. Our mayor is named Kaseem that is al you need know about the Detroit of the south. If that is your thing you will love it here but try to be smart and taxi you and your loved ones elsewhere, quickly.
    Last edited by Sidewinder; 12-15-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    your going to enjoy yourself and then its wsop time. the trouble is this is a very new part of the country for you with tons to see.your stress starts when you get the rental car and head off to roads you dont know. this makes it hard on you to see the sites and drive also.myself i would see what kind of deal i could get for a streth limo and a class driver for 7 days. i know its not cheap but you might be able to get a deal.this is a trip that sounds great. with the limo you have no stress of looking for roads you just say were you want to go and your wife and ben and yourself can relax and see everything you want in confort stop anywere or time you want. your doors are opened for you your luggage is put in your room and at the end could be the best trip you ever had.
    the only thing is were you want to go next and thiers alot of safty that goes with that car. your driver will pull off anytime you want your treated like a king and shes treated like a queen. if it cost 5k extra when you hit a town you can see the sites and not worry about stop lights and streets and roads. that close to the wsop you dont need a week of haveing to constantly think of how do i get thier. when you return home your well relaxed because for 7 days you got to see and intake so much more. no stress is what your paying for.
    maybe your good at finding your way around with a atlas.the trip i know you will enjoy.remember you cant put a price on a great time or a trip you will remember.this trip is not easy you got alot of work to put it together the limo takes 75 percent of that away

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    delaware, I have driven all over the country in unfamiliar areas with no problem, including in the days when I had to utilize AAA paper maps. LOL @ hiring a limo driver.

I looked at the Biltmore estate. Looked interesting from the pictures, but then I saw the price ($50-$60) and said forget it. This is one of the few things Benjamin WOULDN'T enjoy (he would keep asking when we're going to leave), and I don't want to pay that kind of money just to have him wanting to drag me out after 30 minutes.

Any sporting even is also out for pretty much the same reason, though I might attempt to take Ben to his first Dodgers game in April, as he's expressed some interest in doing that (though I'm skeptical he will enjoy being there for all 3 hours).

Nature and sightseeing type stuff is the best to do with Ben, because he enjoys it, and it's something the adults can enjoy as well.

Comments

jsearles22: Never took your kid to a game rep

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Lived in Atlanta my whole life. Biltmore sucks, coke museum sucks, aquarium sucks.

Cyclorama at Grant park and Stone Mountain are a lot cooler if you are like me and really pissed off about losing the war.

Guidestones are some statist bullshit that prick Ted Turner paid to have erected. He isn't even from here so he can really fuck right off with his preachy bullshit.

If it were me, I'd book a reservation at the Optimist restaurant (it's excellent), pull up some Stone Mountain info on my iPad and if looks interesting go there, otherwise leave this overrated soulless city ASAP. If you want to experience some southern cooking, try Mary Macs downtown instead. Otherwise GTFO and never come back. Our mayor is named Kaseem that is al you need know about the Detroit of the south. If that is your thing you will love it here but try to be smart and taxi you and your loved ones elsewhere, quickly.

Wow, that is an interesting theory. It makes total sense that he was at least part of it though. Turner has donated 1 Billion to the UN(globalist agenda), has been quoted in magazines saying the world's population should be around 300 million, and is very concerned with environmental issues. All the major talking points of the Guidestones are certainly things Turner has said publicly.

Load Metric
    You can drive into the grounds at Biltmore and not pay that much. Just drive around, see the house, buy some wine and leave. In and out in under an hour. Its pretty spectacular seeing the size of that place.

the guided tour is probably 50, and takes 4 hours. Dont do that.

take him to those caves in KY

take him hiking on a trail b/w Cherokee and Gatlinburg. Tons of them. Juuust in case, bring a knife or mace. Bears/Mountain lions.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    You can drive into the grounds at Biltmore and not pay that much. Just drive around, see the house, buy some wine and leave. In and out in under an hour. Its pretty spectacular seeing the size of that place.

take him hiking on a trail b/w Cherokee and Gatlinburg. Tons of them. Juuust in case, bring a knife or mace. Bears/Mountain lions.
    Is there a big bear/mountain lion problem over there? The mace might be a good idea. I don't think a knife would be all that effective against a bear.

Might visit the Biltmore estate if you can actually walk the grounds without paying for the expensive tour. That sounds a lot better. Did something similar with a mansion in Portland which belonged to the founders of the city a long time ago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

Is there a big bear/mountain lion problem over there? The mace might be a good idea. I don't think a knife would be all that effective against a bear.

Might visit the Biltmore estate if you can actually walk the grounds without paying for the expensive tour. That sounds a lot better. Did something similar with a mansion in Portland which belonged to the founders of the city a long time ago.
    bear problem? not really. The bear are mostly black bear that scare easily unless they have cubs or they're cornered. A lot of the national forests in WV/KY/TN are black bear "sanctuaries"

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: Dat extra tendon doh!

Load Metric
    Yeah, I wouldnt say a PROBLEM, but I know I saw one very small bear rummaging through a trashcan.

I just know that they are out there and mace wouldnt hurt to have in an extreme emergency.

In terms of Biltmore, I went to the winery and bought a large, very detailed/descriptive photo book of all of the rooms inside the estate. You could always look at that or other photos to see what is Inside.

The outside is beautiful though.

Name:  Screen-shot-2013-02-19-at-12.30.10-PM.png
Views: 328
Size:  567.6 KB

http://www.romanticasheville.com/gal...more-house.htm

Load Metric
    Definitely walk up stone mountain in Atl.
    Ruby Falls in Tenn is nice and scenic.
    Savannah has a lot of history but is otherwise a shithole.
    Eat at the Varsity in downtown Atl.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Definitely walk up stone mountain in Atl.
    Ruby Falls in Tenn is nice and scenic.
    Savannah has a lot of history but is otherwise a shithole.
    Eat at the Varsity in downtown Atl.
    Pretty good advice.

The Biltmore sucks, their wine sucks, etc.

If you fall for it you are a sucker and should re-evaluate your advantage gambler label.

I'd see if you can find a klan rally somewhere. Went 2x as kid. Its worth the trip - both times we deep into the woods. One time we couldn't find the location and the other time the GBI was there to make sure nothing got out of hand. Highly recommend a Klan rally for sure.

Load Metric
    There is a big chittlin' supper every Tuesday night in Lavinia TN. You'll have to leave the uptight Jew part of you at the door and eat you some good ole hog guts. It'll be better than not paying taxes.

Load Metric
    I've been to a cave called "Ruby falls" in Southern Tenneessee a couple of times. Underground cave and waterfall, tour last a couple hours maybe. i took my then 5 year old daughter with me and she enjoyed it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by AhoosierA View Post
    I've been to a cave called "Ruby falls" in Southern Tenneessee a couple of times. Underground cave and waterfall, tour last a couple hours maybe. i took my then 5 year old daughter with me and she enjoyed it.
    That's it. Its in a corner of the state that you can view 5 states from. Worth the day when you otherwise have nothing to do.

If you make it to the Georgia coast, be sure to have some white Georgia shrimp; best in the world.

Load Metric
    I'm telling you Druff, suicide may be a better alternative than the Biltmore.

If you do insist on seeing this place make sure you and little Benny watch this movie first. Then tell Benny he is going to the place where it was filmed and maybe he'll enjoy it more. Again though, suicide may be a better option for you than sitting through this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110989/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

Load Metric
    Go to the Reelfoot lake in TN. Excellent crappie fishing. Spend a couple of days. Warning: TN really rips people buying gaming licenses and fees and such.

Thread Information