Thread: Girl Got Game: New fail poker "reality" show

Load Metric

Girl Got Game: New fail poker "reality" show

Girl Got Game

http://ca.pokernews.com/news/2015/11...n-liu-9427.htm

VAMN-TV, which is headquartered in Orange County, California, has announced the production of a new documentary-style poker reality television series called Girl Got Game, which will follow eight dynamic female poker pros as they compete in both Macau and Las Vegas.

The preliminary lineup for the show includes arguably Canada's top female player, Xuan Liu, along with Sofia Lövgren, Danielle Andersen, Kitty Kuo, Joanna Kwak, Lilou Agostini, Oanh Bui, Sabina Hiatullah, and Series Creator/Executive Producer, Katrina Lim.

"I created Girl Got Game to show that poker is a skill game and my friends work just as hard as anyone else in other professions to create a good living for themselves and their families," explained Lim. "They deserve respect in their line of work because it not only takes talent, but a ton of resilience, intelligence, passion, and motivation: female empowerment at its best. I’m also excited to show my friends collaborating together, proving teamwork while still having fun, will always be paramount."

The show will see the players compete both individually and in teams, with the winner being awarded a seat into the 2016 World Series of Poker Main Event. Meanwhile, the top two players with the most cash bankroll will return for Season 2, and a third player will return based on popular vote by viewers.

According to Lim, each player will start with a $10,000 bankroll in Macau and will seek to grow it by competing in various physical and mental challenges. Throughout Season 1, which will wrap up in Las Vegas during the 2016 WSOP, cameo appearances from some of poker’s top and most popular professionals are planned.

The cast will also participate in a Celebrity Charity Poker Tournament in Los Angeles in May 2016 where proceeds of their earnings will be given to their favorite selected charities.

"This is a great platform for us to show that poker is not only the ultimate mental game, but also an equal opportunity game," said Lövgren. "We want to show the amazing possibilities that poker has given us. Hopefully, we may encourage more women to join us in this male dominated profession."

Girl Got Game is set to air on VAMN-TV in mid-April 2016.

Get all the latest PokerNews Canada updates on your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks terrible and boring.

And the female "stars" of poker in this show are mostly minor names.

Even Tiffany Michelle apparently passed up on this. That's how bad it's gotten.

Load Metric
    Annie Duke bruised her fingertips expensing her first class flight to Macau on her PPA credit card, book it.

Comments

Jayjami: LOL
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Who are these women?

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: I've never heard of any of them except Darvin Moon's wife. All ching Chang Chong clones seems to me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Who are these women?

8 people more successful than you?

Comments

lol wow: oh my

lewfather: Tough but fair

Tellafriend: first laugh of the day

DJ_Chaps: "I have no clue" is the right answer.

Brittney Griner's Clit: They are women you idiot.

Load Metric
    Will it show them blowing guys for buy ins?

Comments

OSA: im all for that.

Brittney Griner's Clit: Your mother in law objects.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Will it show them blowing guys for buy ins?
    You've hit upon a good idea.

They should have a reality show featuring 25 attractive women under age 30, none of whom have any kind of poker talent.

These girls will be thrust upon the poker community, and their interactions filmed.

There will then be a competition for getting staked in tournaments with increasing buyins, with the goal of having to do the least amount of stuff sexually to acquire it.

Each week, they eliminate the girls who fail to get the buyin. If they all get staked, the eliminate the one who put out the most in order to get her buyin.

The prize money comes via the poker tournaments, where the girls get to keep their winnings. The tournaments only feature the girls, and no other players.

Eventually, when it gets down to 2 girls, they play heads up for an extra prize, and the show is declared over for the season.

I would definitely watch this.

Comments

Suicide King: That's really solid

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I never heard of this TV channel that is going to air this show so I assume it is low budget, which means any chance of it surprising me to be good is thrown out the window.

Sort of surprised Danielle "dmoongirl" Andersen is in this when they are starting with a $10k bankroll according to the description and she plays cash games where $10k is probably her average buyin.

Xuan Liu has played for a few years now (just looked she has $1.6 mil in cashes according to hendonmob) and Sofia Lövgren is a hot grill but I've never heard of the other girls.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Who are these women?

8 people more successful than you?

they're women idiot. Maybe I should follow up with 'who did they blow to become "successful"'.

Lurk moar.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: Yes!

Load Metric
    "Season 1, which will wrap up in Las Vegas during the 2016 WSOP, cameo appearances from some of poker’s top and most popular professionals are planned".

My guess is that Mr. Todd Witteles will not be making a cameo.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Who the hell are these chicks? I've never heard of any of them. Would be funnier if this was more realistic and they actually had to blow guys for stakes.

P.S. Why wasn't Stinkem invited?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I can't believe my favorite poster green repped a faggot for making fun of a guy asking the totally legit question of who the fuck are these bitches. I've heard of Darvin Moon's wife and I even met her at Blackhawk three years ago but the rest seem Asian and indistinguishable. Tyler Lim's wife is the producer so I'm sure I will watch this on ESPN when it comes out anyway.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 12-18-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Thread Information