Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jason heyward burn in hell contract..lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

jason heyward burn in hell contract..lol

8yrs $184mil....

lol. @ 23mil yr....what am i missing here? inflation?..rising salaries?, non traditional stat positives?

dude won't hit 20hrs...won;t drive in 100,..and won't hit 300

last 2 years he's avg 12hr 60rbi 280avg...

what these stats don;t show is that he's a great defender, speedy and gets on base at a nice level...not superstar level..(clap your hands)...

but 23mil is funny

guy is a mixture of nick markakis, and todd hollandsworth..,,i guess markakis @ 4yr 44mil is a steal...he hit 3hr's w/ atl this year..but had an obp of 370.

Comments

herbertstemple: +1, wishing nothing but a slow agonozing death for the sorry n-word named Jason Heyward.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Hey mulva? Great story

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    8yrs $184mil....

lol. @ 23mil yr....what am i missing here? inflation?..rising salaries?, non traditional stat positives?

what these stats don;t show is that he's a great defender, speedy and gets on base at a nice level...not superstar level..(clap your hands)...

but 23mil is funny

guy is a mixture of nick markakis, and todd hollandsworth..,,i guess markakis @ 4yr 44mil is a steal...he hit 3hr's w/ atl this year..but had an obp of 370.

Going rate is 7-8 million per WAR even if his defensive WAR is 2.5-3.0 of the 6.5, this was a steal.

He was top 20 in Avg, SB, and OPS. This isn't the steroid era.

Also, they took 6.5 WAR from an in-division rival.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Nail On The Head Rep

Load Metric
    Pretty ridiculous.

I can pretty much guarantee there is almost no chance anybody due to be a UFA next winter will be signing anytime soon.

I mean, WTF will they be shelling out for the Blue Jays Edwin Encarnacion now FFS.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Pretty ridiculous.

I can pretty much guarantee there is almost no chance anybody due to be a UFA next winter will be signing anytime soon.

I mean, WTF will they be shelling out for the Blue Jays Edwin Encarnacion now FFS.
    Edwin Encarnacion is 32 not 26 and his advance stats are worse than Heyward's.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i guess if you can get what he gives you the past 2 seasons for the next four you're happy....lol @ being happy w/ that for 23mil annually

doubtful he gets faster,..which brings his defensive range and base path prowess down even more,..maybe as soon as next year he'll lose a step....but being a cub might allow him to hit more dingers as a trade off...but a massive guaranteed contract means " i don;t have to put out all the time" zero incentive.

does a lot of good things,....and the 23mil is fine,.if superstar players make 50mil a year....but none do
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Pretty ridiculous.

Whatever. I understand he's not getting 8 years but his $/year just went up with this ridiculous contract. Heyward is by no means a "star" player.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

Whatever. I understand he's not getting 8 years but his $/year just went up with this ridiculous contract. Heyward is by no means a "star" player.
    Just a fundamental lack of understanding of baseball metrics.

Remember a run saved is just as good as a run earned.

Also will have a significant upgrade in lineup protection. Would guess we will see a 5-10% increase in AVG and OBP.

Also would guess we will see 5-10 more home runs in hitter friendly Wrigley.

Remember this contract has 8 years of actual value too, most players are signing big contracts at 29 or 30 and the last 2-3 years of 50-70 million are worthless.

Load Metric
    i guess if you can get what he gives you the past 2 seasons for the next four you're happy....lol @ being happy w/ that for 23mil annually

doubtful he gets faster,..which brings his defensive range and base path prowess down even more,..maybe as soon as next year he'll lose a step....but being a cub might allow him to hit more dingers as a trade off...but a massive guaranteed contract means " i don;t have to put out all the time" zero incentive.

does a lot of good things,....and the 23mil is fine,.if superstar players make 50mil a year....but none do
    I would argue taking 184 million over 200 million from the Nats means he is not a zero incentive player. Big concern obviously.

Load Metric
    8yrs $184mil....

but 23mil is funny

This isn't the steroid era.
    Spot on. People need to understand 1985-2005 era of 50+ home runs and 140 RBIs was a complete and total result of PEDs. A good year for a slugger in non-roid era is 30 homeruns and 100 RBIs with a 280 batting average.

With all that said, its a horrible contract, but if teams did not learn from the Phillies after the Ryan Howard contract they never will.

Load Metric

Also will have a significant upgrade in lineup protection. Would guess we will see a 5-10% increase in AVG and OBP.

Remember this contract has 8 years of actual value too, most players are signing big contracts at 29 or 30 and the last 2-3 years of 50-70 million are worthless.
    I was actually a big Bill James disciple from the late 70's so I do have an understanding of baseball metrics. I think ALL these contracts are insane this one is just more insane than others IMO.

I just think Justin Heyward is a great complimentary piece & this is gonna end up being an Alex Rios situation in 2-3 years. Really nice guy to have on your team but after a few years you realize it totally fucks up your salary structure & flexibility. Of course, the Cubs print their own money so who knows.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric

I was actually a big Bill James disciple from the late 70's so I do have an understanding of baseball metrics. I think ALL these contracts are insane this one is just more insane than others IMO.

I just think Justin Heyward is a great complimentary piece & this is gonna end up being an Alex Rios situation in 2-3 years. Really nice guy to have on your team but after a few years you realize it totally fucks up your salary structure & flexibility. Of course, the Cubs print their own money so who knows.
    He will opt out after three years. So that isn't really a concern. They are basically going to get him from his most productive period 26-29 and then he will get another 200 million contract from somebody else.

Load Metric

He will opt out after three years. So that isn't really a concern. They are basically going to get him from his most productive period 26-29 and then he will get another 200 million contract from somebody else.
    I missed the opt out part.

Is it mutual or can either side opt out or only the player?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric

I missed the opt out part.

Is it mutual or can either side opt out or only the player?
    He can opt out after year three and year four if he reaches a certain number of plate appearances.

Presuming he continues his current performance he would literally be retarded not to opt-out.

Load Metric
    1. there is an opt out after the 3rd and 4th year, which unless he gets hurt or turns to garbage he takes
    2. due to crazy tv contracts the % of revenue the players are getting has been going down, so this contract will look small in the coming years, bryce harper will probably get 400+ when he hits FA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    1. there is an opt out after the 3rd and 4th year, which unless he gets hurt or turns to garbage he takes
    2. due to crazy tv contracts the % of revenue the players are getting has been going down, so this contract will look small in the coming years, bryce harper will probably get 400+ when he hits FA
    I think tv contracts are coming to an end.

TV is about to dramatically change the next 3-4 years.

Cubs might be one of the few teams along with the Yankees and Braves that can escape the impending doom but it is going to be ugly.

That doesn't just go for Baseball, NFL and College Football are going to get royally fucked too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    I think tv contracts are coming to an end.

TV is about to dramatically change the next 3-4 years.

Cubs might be one of the few teams along with the Yankees and Braves that can escape the impending doom but it is going to be ugly.

That doesn't just go for Baseball, NFL and College Football are going to get royally fucked too.
    live events are the only thing going for tv and teams are still getting ridiculous dollar contracts

a lot of old people have no fucking clue how to watch tv on anything besides cable tv, they think satellite dishes are some alien technology, aint that right drk start

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    nevermind rios...imagine if if turns into mark kotsay......lol his numbers aren't that far off

Load Metric
    Heyward is 26, an above average hitter, and the best defensive player, out of all position players, in baseball by a few different defensive metrics. If CHI decides to put him in CF (which right this minute is where he would be) his value becomes even higher, even if he is slightly worse defensively in center than right.

I think this is a much safer contract than greinke or price.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Heyward is 26, an above average hitter, and the best defensive player, out of all position players, in baseball by a few different defensive metrics. If CHI decides to put him in CF (which right this minute is where he would be) his value becomes even higher, even if he is slightly worse defensively in center than right.

I think this is a much safer contract than greinke or price.
    Both the Greinke and Price contracts are LoL.

32 and 31 years old 30 million plus.

Thread Information