Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant for sale

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have to sit with someone and help me with tge menu. The look qnd style abd have them do it..
    I give them the roughbdraft which changes over and over.. But i will ok the look and style and let tgem do the rest with my rough draft..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It so much.. I cant figure it all out.. Dont even have a final drqft of menu..

Even the wings i was making them like the other owner when i do them tbe way willie likes them..

Jyst stuck between cleanimg organizing , trying to figure out menu amd potuons and price..making die shreding cheese talking with custermers . figuring what i will beed qnd when.. My time fram and expense structure..

U cant do this shit without a devoted partner and why 25 years later the brotherrs gave me 10% and parked thrre ass on an island..

In 10 years if this place does well for that long and im making bucks. And kinda running itslef .. I got no problem giving martino 10% and passing by every couple of weeks for my 90% envelope...

Silver
    Load Metric
    If you need help with menu development talk to your Sysco rep and request a business review. They do it free. They send a chef out to you who reviews your equipment and products you currently use and makes recommendations on what to add to your menu.

I've never heard of a soda company charging for fountain equipment that's new to me. I would call Coke tell them you currently use Pepsi and you want to switch and ask what they will offer you. The people I bought my place did that and Coke gave them like $500 cash I think 12 cases of bottled soda and 20 gallons of syrup for free which is about $1500 or so

Comments

MumblesBadly: More solid advice!

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    3 for slice and coke sounds good. Slice price is good. Seen lots of places charge more for pasta but don't know how big sellers they are. You do calzones?

Hut is right with about combo deals. All the Spanish places have photos with rice, beans, mofongo, chicken, plain lettuce salads, and two giant bottles of pepsi stuck in the windows and they charge alot for that stuff. Like you said, peoples on snap and ebt and have the cash so why not.

You could do the wings, pizza, salad, garlic knots or bread, 2 liter combo.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Wood; 01-19-2016 at 03:36 AM.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    When I was a student I put in some shifts at McDonalds. I didn't fuck about and had those shiny 5 stars in no time.

It was a long time ago, so prices have gone up, but the cost price of the fountain soda drinks and french fries were less than 2p each (for a large), and these were sold for 99p.

The burgers made waaayyyyy less % margin - a big mac was 90p cost and sold for £1.69.

There's a reason those fuckers always ask you if you want a drink and fries.

Sparten you gotta get into those high margin add-ons. Fountain soda sounds like the best place to start.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Great advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Thoughts on this abandoned restaurant. Plenty of good equipment. Maybe Druff will rent a uhaul on his way to NY, hook sparten up ya know..

Spart. place your order w/ druff haha.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    If you need help with menu development talk to your Sysco rep and request a business review. They do it free. They send a chef out to you who reviews your equipment and products you currently use and makes recommendations on what to add to your menu.

I've never heard of a soda company charging for fountain equipment that's new to me. I would call Coke tell them you currently use Pepsi and you want to switch and ask what they will offer you. The people I bought my place did that and Coke gave them like $500 cash I think 12 cases of bottled soda and 20 gallons of syrup for free which is about $1500 or so
    There is a pepsi machine that hasnt worked for years.

Dont want to purchase there "minimum" syrup and co2./. I wont cover it. For now...

I cant do coke spanish and black absolutly want pepsi over coke... I prefer coke.

As far as chef coming to ghetto store..

We are sooo unorthidox and cuting corners as far as regs and laws.??????

The very small latin restaurant with no sneeze gaurd overr steam table and no covers ect ect..

It has 2 workers and the owner drrves a 2016 infiminty suv... Its packed all day with custermers with dirty frint windows and bathroom flies. Yikes..

The best places i worked always did things there kind of way and we all made money..

The americanized places were packed and had status but no one was really stacking cash..

Just a whole bunch of primadonnas walking around in kitchen clogs and theremomiters making $18 bucks an hour..

My places had the guys with the handle bar mustaches smokung cigarets in the kitchen. In thise places the cooks made $1200 take home and never went to grammer school..

I can only imagine bringing a chef here..

We tried to hire a couple of chefs fir the restaurant in manhaten from the new york restaurant academy.. They dont get it!!
    Theres the "book" way and theres the stacking cash way..

I will put speacials in groups for larger sales and spanish famiiies..

I hate schmucks in clogs acting speacial...

Today we are at almost $800. I might make a profit. One more hour to go..
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-19-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

There is a pepsi machine that hasnt worked for years.

Dont want to purchase there "minimum" syrup and co2./. I wont cover it. For now...

I cant do coke spanish and black absolutly want pepsi over coke... I prefer coke.

As far as chef coming to ghetto store..

We are sooo unorthidox and cuting corners as far as regs and laws.??????

The very small latin restaurant with no sneeze gaurd overr steam table and no covers ect ect..

It has 2 workers and the owner drrves a 2016 infiminty suv... Its packed all day with custermers with dirty frint windows and bathroom flies. Yikes..

The best places i worked always did things there kind of way and we all made money..

The americanized places were packed and had status but no one was really stacking cash..

Just a whole bunch of primadonnas walking around in kitchen clogs and theremomiters making $18 bucks an hour..

My places had the guys with the handle bar mustaches smokung cigarets in the kitchen. In thise places the cooks made $1200 take home and never went to grammer school..

I can only imagine bringing a chef here..

We tried to hire a couple of chefs fir the restaurant in manhaten from the new york restaurant academy.. They dont get it!!
    Theres the "book" way and theres the stacking cash way..

I will put speacials in groups for larger sales and spanish famiiies..

I hate schmucks in clogs acting speacial...

Today we are at almost $800. I might make a profit. One more hour to go..
    If you had listened to me and did a "Two for Tuesday" special and put signs up, you'd be pushing $2K right now.

Late to the party again pal.

Comments

Muck Ficon: "Trust me, I'm a plumber"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This isnt suberban white with the anal rententive wives..

Or middle america using coupons and want xtra home fries on a $3 dollor breakfast..

Or a hipster area..

I got mexicans selling soups out of milk crates and domicans frying beef paties on the street with a home made fryer with wheels from a grocery cart.

The guy with the latin restaurant probably pocjets everything over $500 a day and i bet he breaks a $1000 a day in gross sales giving him 15k a month , clean..

Load Metric
    This isnt suberban white with the anal rententive wives..

Or middle america using coupons and want xtra home fries on a $3 dollor breakfast..

Or a hipster area..

I got mexicans selling soups out of milk crates and domicans frying beef paties on the street with a home made fryer with wheels from a grocery cart.

The guy with the latin restaurant probably pocjets everything over $500 a day and i bet he breaks a $1000 a day in gross sales giving him 15k a month , clean..
    You hard headed coot. Listen to someone other than yourself. You are bleeding right now. Try the Two for Tuesday and Half Off Monday for a month and see where its gets you. You are failing right now. Try something new.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tgull is actually breaking me down..

I have till monday to finalize menu..

Have this hot college chick from a mail box , kinkos kinda place to help me..
    Il throw her a $100 to sit with me a couple of hours with her mac book..
    Last year in college to become a social worker but works in the print store....

Il think it over tgull... Im inching there...

Get my pies and pastas in peoples houses.. And it is good food..
    Kick the door down kinda thing becouse the old owner scared people off...

Load Metric
    Sparten, you hard headed, technology challenged old coot.

Start snapping pic's the next couple days. Think about them and text or call me and we'll upload a few to PFA.

Wife merged my contacts on iCloud and the ghost of Steve Jobs whacked you off my list. Gone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sanlamar...

P.m or text me your number again...

Next week it will be officially spartenized....

I wanna poat pics of food and a few things without giving away local or name..

U however, have open invite... Luckily he p.m. me and didnt post...

Belly buster almost got me with google maps.. Dont know how u kids figure that shit out.. He was close but no cigar.. I hate grenades and horseshoes..

Load Metric
    Have this hot college chick from a mail box , kinkos kinda place to help me..
    Il throw her a $100 to sit with me a couple of hours with her mac book..
    Last year in college to become a social worker but works in the print store....
    What are you going to slip into her fountain soda

Comments

big dick: Anything that will mker her forget the prior 24 hours of her life

varys: Also wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You need to prioritize and focus. The absolute first thing you need to do is get your menu set. You've mentioned in this thread several times that you you are trying to set your kitchen/workstation layouts, etc., but what you are wasting time setting now will probably change when you change the menu; therefore, it is a waste of time until you set the menu.

First and foremost, you are a pizza joint so start with what size pizzas you are going to offer, sauce, cheese and the topping selection. Then use those items to create the rest of your menu. You want to minimize the number of ingredients you have on hand so they are easier to order, higher volume price breaks, less storage space and a higher inventory turnover so less cash sitting in inventory and less spoilage. Overall, easier to manage. I don't mean that in a sense of only carrying three toppings, I mean, if you can't use it in other dishes, then don't carry it.

Select a dough, a pasta and a sandwich bread. Use your dough to make pizzas and calzones. Use your sandwich bread to make sandwiches and garlic/cheese bread. Pasta for pasta, obv.

All of your toppings should be options for the pizza, calzone, sandwich and pasta.

All of your cheeses should be options for the pizza, calzone, sandwich and pasta.

All of your sauces should be options for the pizza, calzone, sandwich and pasta.

If you are going to offer wings, then use that same sauce as your buffalo sauce for a buffalo chicken pizza, calzone and sandwich.

Stick to pizza, alfredo and buffalo sauce.

The same steak and cheese you use in a steak and cheese sandwich is the same steak and cheese you use on the pizza and calzone and if the customer wants he can have a steak and cheese pasta using the same ingredients.

It's really very simple. Put a handful of staple pizzas, pastas, sandwiches and calzones on your menu then at the end of each section add a make your own choice where they select their sauce, cheese and 2-3 toppings.

You can make good food with a simple menu, just use good ingredients and prepare it properly.

In summary:

1) Select your dough, sandwich bread and pasta to be used to make pizzas, calzones, sandwiches, garlic/cheese bread and pastas. Additionally, your dough could be used for bread sticks.

2) Select your sauces that can be used in 2 or more of those dishes. I recommend pizza, alfredo and buffalo.

3) Select your cheese(s) that can be used in 2 or more of those dishes. Maybe you only offer mozzarella and use it as the cheese for everything?

4) Select your toppings that are options for all of the dishes.

5) Add up your food costs and set your prices accordingly taking into account the neighborhood.

6) If you expand the menu in the future only do it by adding items that can be used in 2 or more dishes.

Load Metric
    I was gonna post some pics from my kitchen.

Image.jpg: your file of 2.10MB exceeds the forum's limit of 1.91MB for this file type.

Took pics with new phone. Maybe default 4k. I don't have the energy to queue up ABBA and figure out lower resolution for PFA.

Maybe drag out old iPad next time to be technologically consistent with forum.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I was gonna post some pics from my kitchen.

Image.jpg: your file of 2.10MB exceeds the forum's limit of 1.91MB for this file type.

Took pics with new phone. Maybe default 4k. I don't have the energy to queue up ABBA and figure out lower resolution for PFA.

Maybe drag out old iPad next time to be technologically consistent with forum.
    Each photo uploaded has to fit on to a floppy disk for backup.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    You need to prioritize and focus. The absolute first thing you need to do is get your menu set. You've mentioned in this thread several times that you you are trying to set your kitchen/workstation layouts, etc., but what you are wasting time setting now will probably change when you change the menu; therefore, it is a waste of time until you set the menu.

First and foremost, you are a pizza joint so start with what size pizzas you are going to offer, sauce, cheese and the topping selection. Then use those items to create the rest of your menu. You want to minimize the number of ingredients you have on hand so they are easier to order, higher volume price breaks, less storage space and a higher inventory turnover so less cash sitting in inventory and less spoilage. Overall, easier to manage. I don't mean that in a sense of only carrying three toppings, I mean, if you can't use it in other dishes, then don't carry it.

Select a dough, a pasta and a sandwich bread. Use your dough to make pizzas and calzones. Use your sandwich bread to make sandwiches and garlic/cheese bread. Pasta for pasta, obv.

All of your toppings should be options for the pizza, calzone, sandwich and pasta.

All of your cheeses should be options for the pizza, calzone, sandwich and pasta.

All of your sauces should be options for the pizza, calzone, sandwich and pasta.

If you are going to offer wings, then use that same sauce as your buffalo sauce for a buffalo chicken pizza, calzone and sandwich.

The same steak and cheese you use in a steak and cheese sandwich is the same steak and cheese you use on the pizza and calzone and if the customer wants he can have a steak and cheese pasta using the same ingredients.

It's really very simple. Put a handful of staple pizzas, pastas, sandwiches and calzones on your menu then at the end of each section add a make your own choice where they select their sauce, cheese and 2-3 toppings.

You can make good food with a simple menu, just use good ingredients and prepare it properly.

In summary:

1) Select your dough, sandwich bread and pasta to be used to make pizzas, calzones, sandwiches, garlic/cheese bread and pastas. Additionally, your dough could be used for bread sticks.

2) Select your sauces that can be used in 2 or more of those dishes. I recommend pizza, alfredo and buffalo.

3) Select your cheese(s) that can be used in 2 or more of those dishes. Maybe you only offer mozzarella and use it as the cheese for everything?

5) Add up your food costs and set your prices accordingly taking into account the neighborhood.

6) If you expand the menu in the future only do it by adding items that can be used in 2 or more dishes.
    You could also use this methodology to make wraps if you carried tortillas. You would just use all of the same basic ingredients to offer your wraps.

Select your size
    Select your carbs
    Select your sauce
    Select your cheese
    Select your toppings

Comments

Charham:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

In summary:

I got the pizza.. Il post pics.. Better then last guys by far..

The only cheese i carry is mozz.. A chic cutlet parm(mozz)

The menu will go out to print monday...

Now im workiig on what hutmaster said about the clientle.. That will be the back side of papper menu..

Still git some more food and supply deliveries commung in..

Over the weekend we will set it up and start on monday.

I got cookie doe and im nkt even making cookies..

I want to set it all up first and then work frim there...

Actuallu thinking of doing that monday , tuesday thing that ass hole gas been ralking about....

Ive just been running it off the old menu for past 2 weeks..

U have nooooo idea of the micro things i gave to do all day ans then once i do it, i then realuze its better another way...

Once all the stock is put away properly. Il order a charge from the troops...

I have no idea what im doing. At leadt i feel that way...

I want to do it righttbut in thus enviromwnt, dies it make a diffrence????

Save money and do it shiemaker style..

Everybody wanted me to get the menu out last week, but uf i did. It would have been tottaly wrong...

I would have put the 8.95 pasta which would turned people off. All pasta 6.95 now..

I wouldnt t have the family speacials in bilinguial form..

And i think i am going to do half off monday and 2 fer tuesday. Very slow anyway. Its a good way ti atteact. I hate to admit it..

Even if i bought a pappa johns with everything PRE PROGRAMED. It would take weeks to set up!!!!

I think im ok now...

I broke even today or made $20/$30 bucks

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Also, stop worry about being broke today. Essentially, you are a start-up. You are overhauling the restaurant and menu. Don't worry about being broke today or tomorrow. Worry about making it so you aren't broke three months from now. You already put $75k+ in the business. Do things right and the way they need to be done at whatever initial start-up expense there is so you can set a good foundation and grow the business in the near future. You have to come to terms with the fact that your $75k investment was just your initial investment. Now you need to invest more to grow. Once you get your new menu set and things running smoothly put your window signs up, run your specials and get a banner that says under new management in the window. Do not announce under new management until you have your menu and things running smoothly. You need to make sure you give a good first impression as the new manager.

Penny wise and pound foolish is putting $75k into a business and being worried about putting anymore into it, because you aren't in the black in the first few months.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Solid comments

Charham:

Thread Information