Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant for sale

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I blame stuff..

Never got that autograph wsop poker headshot to display. I hear the domincans love him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

sorry about losing your restaurant but...

how do you buy something for $72k and sell it a few months later for just $25k???

you couldn't find some sucker to give you $60k for it?
    Thank you.

I was just so tired...

Working 105 hours a week for months and taxes coming in and a drunk Mexican helper.

Working with dimes and nickles And then I started seeing food cost go up weekly.

There are 3 empty stores within a 2 block radius.

The Jew wanted my specific location and has no use fo foodr store..

My plan was to sell it for 25k in escrow then stall for several months while I fucked the landlord and utilities and food venders for another 20k+ but the Jew was smart and hard core.

I could have refused but with rising food and labor cost I didn't want to spend another couple of months trying to milk it for value.. It would have been the same 25k minus 2 months of my life..

I wasn't planning on selling but when I was introduced to hirem the clown. I took the 25k in cash and milked a another 10k. He wanted me out quickly and I stalled for 2 weeks..

I still have about 1k in CON Ed escrow coming as well as some munimul security $1200. I paid my taxes last quarter but I won't have to pay next quarter(minimally if anything)..

I will round it down to 30k in hard cash back in savings and rest for pocket..

I could have gotten out with a stronger hand but the EV was against me for the turn/river and position. Not enough value in the pot to risk it.

Got a freezer full of pepporoni and sausages and shit load of canned goods and dry pasta.

I took the doe machine which I can easily sell for $500. And the register and coffee pot and a lot of brick /brack that does have value.

The ovens would have cost to much to remove and transport.

I didn't even clean the place out. The Jew will open the door to rotted food. I didn't spend a penny cleaning or doing anything.. Just grabbed shit off the wall and left the plaster all over the floor..

That was fiscally the best option for me.

I sat at the table with 150k and walked off with 35/40k..

Not a winning session but it could have been worse..
    P.s.
    Those Russian Jews are hardcore , ruthless.
    Very ugly very miserable. Have no sense of anything other then self.

Once they have the advantage , they don't let go.

I've made Jew jokes in the past but if one of them (Russian Jews) is chocking on food !!! Don't help them unless they pay first. They would do the same to you. THEY UNDERSTAND NOTHING ELSE. ITS NOT ANTI SEMATISM , ITS THERE CULTURE THAT WAY.

They will use your Christianity or sense of karma against you.. They have neither..

Specifically the Russian Jews.
    Last edited by thesparten; 05-15-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Load Metric
    It's on the upper east side of Manhattan...

45k a week gross sales..

Rent 42k, has 12 years remaining on lease 2+10..

1.2 million asking..450k down and ownership will hold note. (Not bank)

Hey c money... if u want to spend some pocket change on a new venture. This is for u.. don't worry Obama, Hillary and mayor deblasio all make good decisions to help small business. At least that's what they tell me on msnbc..
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From what I hear, there not doing well either.. That Chinese m.fker is getting a spakning too..

Comments

Muck Ficon: Yeah...who would have thought....where are you flipping burgers now?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Unemployed .....

Reconsidering my options but definitely a couple of months down time.

I actually might sell weed.. Got a great connect from California. Great organics...

I possibly could have.. And the menu will change according to availability but all are top shelf organics..

Girl scout cookies..
    White lion..
    Sk1...
    Cinnamon toast crunch..

1/8 for $50
    1/4 for $90

I wouldn't do anything larger. Worse comes to worse I pay a fine and keep it moving..

If I were to be considering that..

With a small working class clientele, I could keep a few bucks in my pocket. It would be a 3k initial investment.

I really can't handle or want a job at 48yo and I'm looking at $15 bucks an hour for entry level.

I don't want to be a full time server even though I could hot 60k.. Just don't have it in me..(any more).

I know a shit load of working and middle class white smokers who are always looking for weed and can only find the occasional "Arizona " stems and all or who are intimidated to go into the hood for Kush or diesl. They have families and mortgages..

I have no responsibilites other then myself and a small monthly net income from my house..

I'm kool waking up at noon making the occasional sale and take it from there..
    Last edited by thesparten; 05-15-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Load Metric

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

sorry about losing your restaurant but...

how do you buy something for $72k and sell it a few months later for just $25k???

you couldn't find some sucker to give you $60k for it?
    I still have about 1k in CON Ed escrow coming as well as some munimul security $1200. I paid my taxes last quarter but I won't have to pay next quarter(minimally if anything)..

When you are banking on utility deposits to break even, it could have been much, much worse. No offense but you are destined to selling hot dogs at Yankee Stadium.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LOL AT AMERICAN WEED PRICES. JFC.

Comments

rum dick: sad thing is those arent that bad

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post

When you are banking on utility deposits to break even, it could have been much, much worse. No offense but you are destined to selling hot dogs at Yankee Stadium.
    I'm not banking on anything. Just giving an explanation to the gentleman, s question.

Il walk away with 35k conservatively a loss of approximately 115k...

I try not to take it seriously or as if it never happened. It provided a different outlook in life as well as I'm burnt to shit but no regrets..

I'm actually looking forward to my semi retirement and semi part time hustle.

Unless it's franchised the food business is too labor intensive and too much over head.

Just that franchises like IHOP don't really make that much per investment for the franchise owner.. The Corp takes almost everything back.

I have an in with a fast food franchise as assistant manager or as a courier for amozon prime in Manhattan.
    Greatful for the offers but not my thing. Not feeling entry level $15hour wages regardless upward mobility within the Corp.

Don't want to be a server even though that will get me 60k..

Il just sell a couple of 50,s of weed a day to guys in that rat race while owning my own life and schedule.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    LOL AT AMERICAN WEED PRICES. JFC.
    It's illegal in new York..

Silver
    Load Metric
    Ok I don't get it. You buy a place for $75k....supposedly turn it around to at least being profitable and sell it 4 months later for a $50k loss???? The buyer didn't really buy the business as he is putting in a cellular store....so he paid $25k for the right to sign a new lease. You left behind an oven that probably sells used for atleast $4-5k? I get being burnt out and all, I've been there but your story just makes no sense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Ok I don't get it. You buy a place for $75k....supposedly turn it around to at least being profitable and sell it 4 months later for a $50k loss???? The buyer didn't really buy the business as he is putting in a cellular store....so he paid $25k for the right to sign a new lease. You left behind an oven that probably sells used for atleast $4-5k? I get being burnt out and all, I've been there but your story just makes no sense.
    Read between the lines.

(He went cash busto, and the buyer squeezed him hard on the price prolly knowing this.)

Comments

thesparten: That too
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Doesn't sell for that much!!!!

Probably 1500/2500$. Not including the cost of removal and gas lines, transport and storage..

No fucken way.....

Took the 25k in cash and worked it 2 more weeks and wasn't going to spend 750$ diging it up and transporting it..

The doe machine took all of us to load move it and load it..

I know owners that riped everything out. The tables the hoods , the light bulbs ect ect..

I don't have a garage, I have a drive way. Where was I going to put that monstrosity and then try to sell it.

A lot of work for 1k? Profit. And that's if we don't break it while moving it. Let the Jew worry about it..

Load Metric
    Doesn't sell for that much!!!!

Probably 1500/2500$. Not including the cost of removal and gas lines, transport and storage..

No fucken way.....

Took the 25k in cash and worked it 2 more weeks and wasn't going to spend 750$ diging it up and transporting it..

The doe machine took all of us to load move it and load it..

I know owners that riped everything out. The tables the hoods , the light bulbs ect ect..

I don't have a garage, I have a drive way. Where was I going to put that monstrosity and then try to sell it.

A lot of work for 1k? Profit. And that's if we don't break it while moving it. Let the Jew worry about it..

Dough... It's fucking DOUGH.

Comments

Sanlmar: Lol everytime I see this

Load Metric
    Maybe that's why the restaurant failed.

Name:  sparten.png
Views: 401
Size:  7.2 KB

*actual menu

Comments

thesparten: +1

Muck Ficon: Lol

jacosta24: lol

JACKDANIELS: rofl

rum dick: thank you for that

Load Metric
    Maybe sell hot dogs like Pooh?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm soo tryingvl tobl put it behind me. I got family members who never call, calling me.

Oh, are u alright.

It was worth a shot.

You needed more help.

Do you need anything.

When are you going back to work..(wtf? Fuck u asshole)

It's time to settle down now.

Get serious with your life.

I'd rather fail as an entrapnure then succeed as a worker.

Call us if you need anything.

Time to get married.

Do you need some money.

Did you fuck the land Lord.

Did you fuck that Jew.

What did the workers say.

What are you going to do next.

Are you working yet.

Are you still smoking that "shit".

Take a vacation.

Get a city job.

Just some of the questions I'm answering in a daily basis.!!

Comments

rum dick: of boo fucking hoo....man up

Load Metric
    I give a lot of credit to Sparten for running this thread from start to finish and including us in. It was pretty unique here and got 23,000 views.

I give him props to admitting in painful detail the inglorious ending. I said elsewhere it has been my experience this guy runs pretty unfiltered and has a zero bullshit quotient. Thus, it doesn't surprise me that he posted the end of the tale with such honesty.

Jesus, he even killed the OFC prank.

$80k and his health for our entertainment looks like good value though.

Druff might consider the filling the 2 hour Lock Poker void with an "Ask the Sparten" small business advice segment.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-16-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I blame stuff..

Never got that autograph wsop poker headshot to display. I hear the domincans love him.
    You vanished from this site before I could arrange sending it to you.

I was hoping the restaurant could succeed at least long enough until my next NYC trip, at which point I would visit it with the family.

Then I would post an honest review of the restaurant on PFA.

Running a profitable restaurant is very hard. I remember mentioning this both on radio and in the thread. Most of them fail, including ones run by owners who didn't really do anything wrong. Don't beat yourself up, as the odds were stacked against you.

It's very hard work, with little profit or reward. A small percentage of restaurants make big money, but those are usually high end places which manage to catch on through word-of-mouth or a lucky location.

That's an industry I would never want to enter, though I actually believe I could do a good job operationally. I just wouldn't want to.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, was the $150k yours, or did you have investors?

Load Metric
    This pound for pound is still my favorite thread in the history of the forums. Miss this guy, thesparten, I assume he expired. Damn shame.

Thread Information