Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has $160 million severance package, making potential firing tougher

Load Metric
    Getting your face ripped off? Nas is down 3% just today

Every bear market starts as a correction

60 more points and we have an official bear market in the Nasdaq.. Let's say 4185

God I want one more last impulse today Die goddamnit!!!!
    - kinda want to wait & see how margin gets settled up early afternoon and I am gonna buy buy buy. May not get to wait that long ..

Just a bounce play

Gonna jam (buy) some Goog near expiry calls

Edit: run on Euro banks? World markets are fucked.

Monsterj will love the fact Goog filled the gap. All the reason you need.

Alphabet Inc. Feb 12 2016 670.00 Call GOOG 160212C00670000.

I'm in at 14.00 start accumulating now. 7 contracts

Edit: 5 more @ 13.70
    Edit: 10 more @ 13.00.

Edit: continuing sickness .... Long a lot of shit but this is brag worthy
    Tesla Motors, Inc.160212C00150000-TSLA-CALL
    same drill Feb 12 --- 10 contracts @ $11.00
    No fucking reason. Just catching falling knives
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-08-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Getting your face ripped off? Nas is down 3% just today

Every bear market starts as a correction

60 more points and we have an official bear market in the Nasdaq.. Let's say 4185

God I want one more last impulse today Die goddamnit!!!!
    - kinda want to wait & see how margin gets settled up early afternoon and I am gonna buy buy buy. May not get to wait that long ..

Just a bounce play

Gonna jam (buy) some Goog near expiry calls

Edit: run on Euro banks? World markets are fucked.

Monsterj will love the fact Goog filled the gap. All the reason you need.

Alphabet Inc. Feb 12 2016 670.00 Call GOOG 160212C00670000.

I'm in at 14.00 start accumulating now. 7 contracts

Edit: 5 more @ 13.70
    Edit: 10 more @ 13.00.
    I don't trade equities

Just commodity options/futures. strats are a little different, and size is much bigger, but mostly same concepts.

Load Metric
    Would love to hear any thoughts on what you see anywhere.

I missed my bounce. I hate holding overnight. Thought margin settlement would help me here.

Grabbed another 10 @ 9.40 TSLA. If DOW hits -400 I got big issues and I am wrong. VIX ain't what you think it would be.

Wanna go skiing. Got 4 inches of fresh powder. Might pull a Sonny Bono. Never easy.

Edit: I shot another bullet at Goog. I still believe I am right. 10 more @ 12.60

I took 1k more AYA @ 13.29 Acting ok

I am all long (and wrong) here with a few others. I got nothing left really.

See Ya tomorrow.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-08-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Load Metric
    Meninists, unite! Yahoo sued for discrimination against men!

Why A Man Is Suing Yahoo For Sexism
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/0...n_9160636.html
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Would love to hear any thoughts on what you see anywhere.

I missed my bounce. I hate holding overnight. Thought margin settlement would help me here.

Grabbed another 10 @ 9.40 TSLA. If DOW hits -400 I got big issues and I am wrong. VIX ain't what you think it would be.

Wanna go skiing. Got 4 inches of fresh powder. Might pull a Sonny Bono. Never easy.

Edit: I shot another bullet at Goog. I still believe I am right. 10 more @ 12.60

I took 1k more AYA @ 13.29 Acting ok

I am all long (and wrong) here with a few others. I got nothing left really.

See Ya tomorrow.
    Don't buy options, don't sell options. They require a incredible amount of discipline to trade correctly. Otherwise you are just buying volatilty and it requires a very nice setup to trade vol(and gamma). Maybe buy some extremely wingy puts/calls on far out months as a gamble, but gambling before earnings and high vol days you will get taken to the cleaner because most people cannot trade the delta/gamma.

Load Metric
    I think you know that I am not a classic options guy. I can count on one hand the number of times I have written options. I can't trade anything more than a day or two with acceptable success. My efforts are better spent with setups than doing quant work.

Correction, I did trade options early on and got killed.

There are thousands of ways to trade the markets. Options simply are not my strength nor interest. I got something that works for me and I stick to my knitting.

They only options I buy are near expiry where I am as close to 1:1 on moves as I can get. I was just taking a setup and looking for a way to jam the move in the most powerful way possible. Something that blows away trading on margin.

The only analysis is risk/reward on my "all-in" play.

I had a pretty good feel for what the market was doing since Friday. Hell, I have been in the zone since the day after Google earnings. Every once in a while you just "know".

I was seriously second guessing TSLA. I'll admit to that. Really wasn't a top quality play. The futures last night had me prepared to write TSLA off. GOOG never worried me despite the futures.

Things worked out. You knew the spike this morning would be sold into by retail thanking their lucky stars and the market makers who jammed the move.

I was into GOOG an average of $13.21 @ 3200 shares (32 contracts) and got out an average of $26.10 this mornings spike.
    3200 x $13 (round number) = $41,600

TSLA in an average $10.20 @ 2000 share (20 contracts) and got out an average of $14.50
    2000 x $4 (round number) = $8,000

This ain't typical trading for me by any means. I don't always win. But it's like poker. Just want to win more than lose. As Simp says I am Joey Knish. Nickel and diming and risk averse.

I was pretty much all-in with my trading bankroll yesterday. I had other stuff long too. But every once in a while you jam Kings preflop and let it run out. If you get sucked out, you got it in good.

Not to say that I got a wink of sleep and I did listen to Peter Schiff podcasts describing the apocalypse for comfort.

I fucked up the thread a bit. Sonatine was posting about the tech bubble 2.0 and that is what I was in the midst of.

God, I can't stop thinking about fading the VIX. I believe we will base out soon. VIX still ain't what I think it should be. Just a random thought.

Monsterj. Again, I would love to hear just a taste of the chatter on the desks. Or a crazy anecdote.
    ABrown has got to have some stories too as things have changed. We got some interesting guys on the inside.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I think you know that I am not a classic options guy. I can count on one hand the number of times I have written options. I can't trade anything more than a day or two with acceptable success. My efforts are better spent with setups than doing quant work.

Correction, I did trade options early on and got killed.

There are thousands of ways to trade the markets. Options simply are not my strength nor interest. I got something that works for me and I stick to my knitting.

They only options I buy are near expiry where I am as close to 1:1 on moves as I can get. I was just taking a setup and looking for a way to jam the move in the most powerful way possible. Something that blows away trading on margin.

The only analysis is risk/reward on my "all-in" play.

I had a pretty good feel for what the market was doing since Friday. Hell, I have been in the zone since the day after Google earnings. Every once in a while you just "know".

I was seriously second guessing TSLA. I'll admit to that. Really wasn't a top quality play. The futures last night had me prepared to write TSLA off. GOOG never worried me despite the futures.

Things worked out. You knew the spike this morning would be sold into by retail thanking their lucky stars and the market makers who jammed the move.

I was into GOOG an average of $13.21 @ 3200 shares (32 contracts) and got out an average of $26.10 this mornings spike.
    3200 x $13 (round number) = $41,600

TSLA in an average $10.20 @ 2000 share (20 contracts) and got out an average of $14.50
    2000 x $4 (round number) = $8,000

This ain't typical trading for me by any means. I don't always win. But it's like poker. Just want to win more than lose. As Simp says I am Joey Knish. Nickel and diming and risk averse.

I was pretty much all-in with my trading bankroll yesterday. I had other stuff long too. But every once in a while you jam Kings preflop and let it run out. If you get sucked out, you got it in good.

Not to say that I got a wink of sleep and I did listen to Peter Schiff podcasts describing the apocalypse for comfort.

I fucked up the thread a bit. Sonatine was posting about the tech bubble 2.0 and that is what I was in the midst of.

God, I can't stop thinking about fading the VIX. I believe we will base out soon. VIX still ain't what I think it should be. Just a random thought.

Monsterj. Again, I would love to hear just a taste of the chatter on the desks. Or a crazy anecdote.
    ABrown has got to have some stories too as things have changed. We got some interesting guys on the inside.
    The only real way to make money buying options is scalping gamma(additional delta that you get during the movement). Options are priced based on volatility, and that doesn't mean directional moves, that means swings. Puts and Calls are the same thing, so think about owning options or short options. If you own options you are long gamma, and can make money during swings while you hedge delta. If you are short options you lose money via gamma during swings since you are also hedging negative delta(buying high and selling low). These movements are how options are priced. If you buy options without scalping, you are going to lose almost everytime since theta will eat away any gains.

I'll write something up, I have some good stories, but don't have time right now.

Comments

Sanlmar: Buying option on forthcoming story. But rep will decay with time and could turn red.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    http://business.financialpost.com/fp...ay-sources-say

"approaching" make it sound so civilized.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    http://business.financialpost.com/fp...ay-sources-say

"approaching" make it sound so civilized.
    Mayer about to make the big pay day.

People respond to incentives. She was given hers years ago and she is about to succeed.

She banks that $160M...
    If she is terminated without cause due to a change of control of the company
    The core business is valued at less than $0 so this should be easy.

She makes me hot.

Load Metric
    You gotta love the dot com irony.

Stamps.com (STMP) goes nuts today and YHOO is on the ropes.

Load Metric
    Yahoo games is donkdown and I cant even discuss how old I feel imagining an internet without it.

In the strictest sense of the phrase, shit just got real.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/03/11/ya...egional-sites/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yahoo games is donkdown and I cant even discuss how old I feel imagining an internet without it.

I understand shutting down the fail livetext app, but why kill Yahoo Games?

Was it really that much of a money loser, or were they just sick of the headache it caused?

Unlike chat (which as a huge headache and produced no money), I don't see why they would shut down something in place which is still beloved by many and bringing in some revenue.

Load Metric

Was it really that much of a money loser, or were they just sick of the headache it caused?

Unlike chat (which as a huge headache and produced no money), I don't see why they would shut down something in place which is still beloved by many and bringing in some revenue.
    Moreover than revenue, it keeps people on your main product site so you can push other avenues (Yahoo! products / Services) to the players. Not having that traffic will hurt them more long run than any revenue lost directly from the games site.

Load Metric
    This is sad, even though I haven't played there forever.

I played so much chess on there back in the day. And rocket mania.

Load Metric
    Hey guys I thought about it a little bit, I'll take one for the team and fuck her to get our Yahoo Games back.

You're Welcome!

Comments

The_Lurker: Doing God's work

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Hey guys I thought about it a little bit, I'll take one for the team and fuck her to get our Yahoo Games back.

You're Welcome!

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

sonatine: I dont see a 'no'

Baron Von Strucker: is that a tear
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 03-13-2016 at 10:38 AM. Reason: totally botched her name, lol

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric

yahoo died to me when they got rid of their awesome news article message boards. that was where a young rum dick learned how to troll. I had a blast tormenting the indian posters by pretending to be a pakistani who was pretending to be chinese (RIP "lookimchinese"). those dudes would lose their minds. and it was too easy. i'd say stuff like how indian's leader at the time was a wimp poet and pakistan's was a badass general and that's why pakistan was gonna wipe india off the face of the earth. those gullible schmucks would meltdown and write friggin novels extolling the benefit of having a poet leader. long story short - hindus take the interwebs waaaaaaay too seriously.

Load Metric
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/24/tech...ard/index.html

Yahoo's biggest adversary just showed Marissa Mayer its nuclear option.
    Making good on its threats, hedge fund Starboard Value called for the removal of Yahoo's entire nine-member board on Thursday.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yahoo cut games solely to save money:

Yahoo’s gaming vertical has been around since 1998, but it looks like the company is no longer finding it valuable. Yahoo’s game site and publishing channel will shut down on May 13 in multiple markets, including the U.S., Australia, Germany, and Spain.
    http://fortune.com/2016/03/11/yahoo-...xt-shuttering/

Yahoo's plan is to focus more on their DFS and e-sports products. Which will also eventually fail once those fads die down, IMO.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information