Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has $160 million severance package, making potential firing tougher

Load Metric
    Yahoo used to be the best site in the world. Between yahoo sports and finance I could spend half my work day there. It used to be any information you wanted was one or two clicks away. Now it's a wasteland of menus and click through bullshit. The more high tech they got the worse the site became. Fuck Yahoo.

Load Metric
    My home page is still Yahoo.com (go ahead, red rep away. I apparently deserve it). So what do you guys all use? Internet browsing for news would mainly be what I do on the internet. Ive tried using CNN.com but dont like it as its a little too "political" for my tastes. MSN.com is okay, but Ive never went there full time.

Suggestions?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    They really need to roll out a homosexual advertising campaign to get back in the game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Which post in this thread did I make to fuck it up? I neg repped garrett and he went on his normal retarded rant....Similar to what you do after a few bottles of wine.

If Garrett reacted in a way that you say is normal for him, was it not you that fucked up the thread?

I realize a childhood of pudding pops, pizza pockets, and second hand Newport inhalation disn't do much for your critical thinking, but it seems even you can put 2 and 2 together.
    Oh...I'm supposed to be responsible for how fucked up Garrett is now? He was banned for a reason. He acts like a child. He goes on binges and messes up the forum. I'm not his father. If I was...I would probably have a black eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

If Garrett reacted in a way that you say is normal for him, was it not you that fucked up the thread?

I realize a childhood of pudding pops, pizza pockets, and second hand Newport inhalation disn't do much for your critical thinking, but it seems even you can put 2 and 2 together.
    Oh...I'm supposed to be responsible for how fucked up Garrett is now? He was banned for a reason. He acts like a child. He goes on binges and messes up the forum. I'm not his father. If I was...I would probably have a black eye.
    And if Garrett was your father he'd probably be a black guy.

Load Metric
    Muck is purposefully trying to ruin this thread so now getting back on track

Name:  MM1.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  33.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    My home page is still Yahoo.com (go ahead, red rep away. I apparently deserve it). So what do you guys all use? Internet browsing for news would mainly be what I do on the internet. Ive tried using CNN.com but dont like it as its a little too "political" for my tastes. MSN.com is okay, but Ive never went there full time.

Suggestions?
    Google has been my home page for a few years. No advertising, no news stories to piss me off. Most of the page is white, I like that too.

Comments

Muck Ficon: This may be your best post ever

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Yahoo is a takeover target.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    but what does it offer a prospective buyer, exactly?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    but what does it offer a prospective buyer, exactly?

Would depend on the buyout price per share, my good man. Currently trading at 34.65. A 50 buyout (for example) would present you with a healthy return on your investment.

But of course, you meant for the company buying yahoo. I just watch the charts, I don't attend the board meetings, but I'm guessing a fair amount.

Load Metric
    Perhaps Im not making myself clear; to be a takeover target, someone has to have a viable reason to take you over. When I say 'purchase Yahoo' I dont mean stock, I mean Company X bidding on Yahoo.

I just want to know what narrative would lead up to "Lets do it, LETS TAKE OVER YAHOO."

They have no real client base, no interesting patents, no real intellectual property to speak of beyond their shuttered media department.

Beyond the fact that they spread open face chinese poker, what would prompt someone to acquire that company?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agreed.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Perhaps Im not making myself clear; to be a takeover target, someone has to have a viable reason to take you over. When I say 'purchase Yahoo' I dont mean stock, I mean Company X bidding on Yahoo.

I just want to know what narrative would lead up to "Lets do it, LETS TAKE OVER YAHOO."

They have no real client base, no interesting patents, no real intellectual property to speak of beyond their shuttered media department.

Beyond the fact that they spread open face chinese poker, what would prompt someone to acquire that company?

Like I said, there is plenty on the table. Otherwise it would be trading in the single digits or dead already. I merely shared the fact that it is likely being eyed, as per the headline I read on my newsfeed a few days ago.

Load Metric
    Id suggest that whatever scuttlebutt was out there about taking over Yahoo was being generated from within Yahoo itself.

Load Metric

Like I said, there is plenty on the table. Otherwise it would be trading in the single digits or dead already. I merely shared the fact that it is likely being eyed, as per the headline I read on my newsfeed a few days ago.

A company like Disney (ESPN) could having a significant amount of interest in Yahoo. Yahoo are sort of the OG's in fantasy sports so in a lot of ways Disney via the ESPN brand would probably would not have a hard to monetizing on that. Although this is probably highly unlikely, because historically Walt Disney and gambling are sworn enemies. See Seminole Indian/Mickey Mouse battles over the years in Florida, Disney big opponents of too much gambling in Florida. So that may be too far fetched but Disney would have some reason for interest in a Yahoo type of situation, for a variety of reasons. That possibly being one. Disney could even be the betting favorite.

Load Metric
    Now Disney's opposition could presumably change, once they have a little skin in the game...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

A company like Disney (ESPN) could having a significant amount of interest in Yahoo. Yahoo are sort of the OG's in fantasy sports so in a lot of ways Disney via the ESPN brand would probably would not have a hard to monetizing on that. Although this is probably highly unlikely, because historically Walt Disney and gambling are sworn enemies. See Seminole Indian/Mickey Mouse battles over the years in Florida, Disney big opponents of too much gambling in Florida. So that may be too far fetched but Disney would have some reason for interest in a Yahoo type of situation, for a variety of reasons. That possibly being one. Disney could even be the betting favorite.

Unfortunately your shortsighted views only relate to your small tiny world. Fantasy sports, while a revenue generating component of yahoo, is miniscule to the grand scheme of things for that company. Infact I can promise you that if there ever was a sale of yahoo, fantasy sports would not be more than say ~10% of the attractiveness to the buyer. Both yourself and DJ chaps understand very little regarding the actual worth of yahoo or a company in general.

To answer Tine's question, Yahoo offers an extremely large user base and a platform to build off of. What the current team at yahoo has failed to do is stay as innovative as its competition. Google nor Disney would find it a good target for a buyout opportunity @ $50 a share, as it would be a waste of money for them.

I see the fair value of the company in the 20s given its current state.

Load Metric
    Thank you for your thorough due diligence on the company's shortcomings and assets, dipshit.

Comments

handicapme: Did someone not get an internship offer :(, pretty sure there is an ops team in tampa hiring!

Brittney Griner's Clit: TY for putting this bitch in his place rep. PERZ for PREZ

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

Unfortunately your shortsighted views only relate to your small tiny world. Fantasy sports, while a revenue generating component of yahoo, is miniscule to the grand scheme of things for that company. Infact I can promise you that if there ever was a sale of yahoo, fantasy sports would not be more than say ~10% of the attractiveness to the buyer. Both yourself and DJ chaps understand very little regarding the actual worth of yahoo or a company in general.

To answer Tine's question, Yahoo offers an extremely large user base and a platform to build off of. What the current team at yahoo has failed to do is stay as innovative as its competition. Google nor Disney would find it a good target for a buyout opportunity @ $50 a share, as it would be a waste of money for them.

Considering Yahoo! only started offering Daily fantasy sports in July wouldn't you consider that being up to '~10%' of any negotiation significant or no. And with the recent turmoil, isnt 10% still alot, or no?

and yes i'm aware of 'all' the other stuff. Some of which probably should be forgotten.

Load Metric

Considering Yahoo! only started offering Daily fantasy sports in July wouldn't you consider that being up to '~10%' of any negotiation significant or no. And with the recent turmoil, isnt 10% still alot, or no?

Yes i'm aware of 'all' the other stuff. Some of which probably should be forgotten.
    Garrett, please shut up. Fantasy sports does not only refer to DFS, infact thier main revenue for fantasy sports comes from their proleagues and advertising from articles. Also, that 10% is on the highest of high ranges and even including their normal sports section may still be over estimated by like ~3-7%

Load Metric

Yes i'm aware of 'all' the other stuff. Some of which probably should be forgotten.
    Garrett, please shut up. Fantasy sports does not only refer to DFS, infact thier main revenue for fantasy sports comes from their proleagues and advertising from articles. Also, that 10% is on the highest of high ranges and even including their normal sports section may still be over estimated by like ~3-7%
    Exactly and the size of the user base is the allure and most all of its attractiveness. Its comical you think you know everything, honestly, the joke is on you. And you say you make 150k a year in 'finance', what a waste!

And since you make 150k and are blind apparently. Yahoo needs to get much deeper into burgeoning industries and far out of the losing ones. It isnt that hard genius. Fantasy Sports is probably a significant part of it.

Comments

Muck Ficon: SHUT UP GARRETT

Thread Information