Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has $160 million severance package, making potential firing tougher

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Marissa didn't fuck anything up.

Yahoo was fucked up badly long before she got there.

She was the wrong person for the job, though. She brought nothing new or innovative to the table.

They needed a special talent to (possibly) save Yahoo, and she wasn't it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Comments
    MumblesBadly: Ditto the LOL! Druff is jealous that the "hot" babes wouldn't go for him!
    false on all counts
    Its as if youre only just now noticing just how far down this mutt is dragging the bar here.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You still sore that Bitcoin hasn't gone to $0 yet?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i don't understand these huge severance packages, it's like they incentivize poor performance

does anyone have any idea how much mayer has made in her career up to this point? it's got to be a fraction of that.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i don't understand these huge severance packages, it's like they incentivize poor performance

does anyone have any idea how much mayer has made in her career up to this point? it's got to be a fraction of that.
    According to this, a big chunk of it is incentive based, but she still made $42 mil last year. lol

Load Metric
    In 1997 Yahoo had an opportunity to buy Google for $1 million. They declined.

Today Google is worth $531 Billion.

Yahoo is worth $33 Billion only because they have a big stake in Alibaba.com.

Most people stopped using Yahoo in 1999.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

There is no guarantee that Google would have been managed as a subsidiary of Yahoo, so we don't know what a Yahoo-managed Google would currently be worth.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    This thread is ridiculous because Yahoo's board just announced these rumors are baseless. She isnt going anywhere.

A lot of Yahoo haters out there, love to tear down Yahoo but they aren't in a bad position at all. I like how she is more of a risk taker as a CEO, especially with the addition of daily fantasy sports, a literal rake engine to add to their bottom lines. So many people are risk-averse and don't like to gamble, which she apparently isn't too afraid of. I like that about her leadership, and the fact she ventured into some gray markets to add to the bottom line. She isn't going anywhere, she's beautiful, sharp as a tac, and a calculated risk taker. I think she and Yahoo actually have lots more potential even.

Comments

Muck Ficon: SHUT UP GARRETT

Load Metric
    Comments
    MumblesBadly: Ditto the LOL! Druff is jealous that the "hot" babes wouldn't go for him!
    false on all counts
    In all seriousness, Druff, one doesn't need to mention how a CEO might be distracted by personal matters to level valid criticism at them for doing poorly. As this Forbes article demonstrates, this CEO's problem wasn't because she was wasting time focusing on having babies or posing for glamour shots, because those things don't take much time if someone has the appropriate insight into what needs to be done. She clearly didn't, as demonstrated by the actions she actually took.

And the BODs fucked up because they knew that Yahoo had an existential crisis given the competition from Google and Facebook, but didn't hire someone with a track record of being able to turnaround a large company with a fading product line.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhart...rtner=yahootix

And understanding that is why your comments about this female CEO having babies and doing glamour shots contributed to her poor performance is misogynistic. Because even if she hadn't had babies or done glamour shots, she would not have had the insight on what she needed to do when she first took over the reins at Yahoo. And that was to do a complete strategic reassessment of Yahoo's mission. Instead, given her lack of experience managing such a sea change in an established organization, she mostly implemented inconsequential tactical changes, while continuing to drive the Yahoo ship towards the rocks of market irrelevancy.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Muck Ficon... And the trolls of 'PFA'...

Waste no time starting to turn this back into a pile of shit. So who should I go off the rails on today Muck Ficon. Which beloved, 'PFA hero' should i fucking smash to pieces today, Muck Ficon???

Muck Ficon let me let you in on a little secret. So many think PFA is scumm, even in the 'poker world' (truth hurts sometimes bro). And so the fact that you try so hard to be 'cool' and fit in on this huge circle jerk of bottom feeders makes you look liek a total fuckin idiot. The SHARP play actually IS to go against you all's groove here, obviously. So you and the waanabees and haters, are literally the reason this place is thought of as a mess and a huge joke.

Now, some people thrive in them environments, others despise them, so not all is lost for you but you care a whole lot about things that don't matter. And by doing so you ask for all the misery I bring to you're types on this board. You're not cool. Don't fool yourself into thinking you look cool either, like you are some judge with your 'red and green reps', of what is good and bad or right and wrong. You are actually from what I see a blockhead Simpleton. And don't let your meaningfulness, in a place largely with a lack of meaning get lost on you.

Have a nice day Muck

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL. Go ahead Garrett....go off on me. Spend your whole day doing it!

Jayjami: Garrett, I know a professioan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Waste no time starting to turn this back into a pile of shit. So who should I go off the rails on today Muck Ficon. Which beloved, 'PFA hero' should i fucking smash to pieces today, Muck Ficon???

Muck Ficon let me let you in on a little secret. So many think PFA is scumm, even in the 'poker world' (truth hurts sometimes bro). And so the fact that you try so hard to be 'cool' and fit in on this huge circle jerk of bottom feeders makes you look liek a total fuckin idiot. The SHARP play actually IS to go against you all's groove here, obviously. So you and the waanabees and haters, are literally the reason this place is thought of as a mess and a huge joke.

Now, some people thrive in them environments, others despise them, so not all is lost for you but you care a whole lot about things that don't matter. And by doing so you ask for all the misery I bring to you're types on this board. You're not cool. Don't fool yourself into thinking you look cool either, like you are some judge with your 'red and green reps', of what is good and bad or right and wrong. You are actually from what I see a blockhead Simpleton. And don't let your meaningfulness, in a place largely with a lack of meaning get lost on you.

Have a nice day Muck
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    How much would an old school Yahoo-style banner ad cost on this site?

Ya know, in case someone wanted to make an important public service announcement or the like.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-07-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Have a nice day Muck
    One of the reasons threads get fucked up is because of you. You consistently troll everyone you have had a disagreement with in the past or you do not like and threads go south after that. Sad little man you are.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Looking forward to your next screen name.

garrett: tgull is absolutely correct here. It is because they try to make a fool of me that I defend, obv...

Load Metric

One of the reasons threads get fucked up is because of you. You consistently troll everyone you have had a disagreement with in the past or you do not like and threads go south after that. Sad little man you are.
    Which post in this thread did I make to fuck it up? I neg repped garrett and he went on his normal retarded rant....Similar to what you do after a few bottles of wine.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric

Which post in this thread did I make to fuck it up? I neg repped garrett and he went on his normal retarded rant....Similar to what you do after a few bottles of wine.

Load Metric

This is all the forum needs to know about Muck. When he gets bitch slapped he turns into a flat out bitch.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...=Muck+threaten

Comments

Muck Ficon: Guess I should hide behind a new screen name.....

Load Metric
    Marissa didn't fuck anything up.

Yahoo was fucked up badly long before she got there.

She was the wrong person for the job, though. She brought nothing new or innovative to the table.

They needed a special talent to (possibly) save Yahoo, and she wasn't it.
    Agreed. I don't think anything is going to save Yahoo at this point. Didn't they just release some new version of Yahoo Messenger? Lol...yeah, that will fix everything.

Comments

garrett: ofc you agree you spineless Simpleton

sonatine: how the fuck does garrett have rep privs

Load Metric
    More pics of this Ya-Hottie!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel72 View Post
    More pics of this Ya-Hottie!

Name:  MM.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  42.5 KB

Probably this after reading thread...

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

If Garrett reacted in a way that you say is normal for him, was it not you that fucked up the thread?

I realize a childhood of pudding pops, pizza pockets, and second hand Newport inhalation disn't do much for your critical thinking, but it seems even you can put 2 and 2 together.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

There is no guarantee that Google would have been managed as a subsidiary of Yahoo, so we don't know what a Yahoo-managed Google would currently be worth.
    All this Google/Yahoo rhetoric is pretty funny considering Yahoo "stole" Mayer from Google in the first place. Google is where she originally made a name for herself.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information