Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So there is almost 0 chance Jose Aldo loses next Saturday

Load Metric

So there is almost 0 chance Jose Aldo loses next Saturday

Only way he loses:

1. fluke shit like hurts himself falling on steps going to the cage.
    2. Shitty judges (Some will remember GSP vs Hendricks and other fights where judges equaled joke)

No argument for Mcgregor winning makes any sense. +135 (line as I write this) is a fucking gift. Mcgregor has beaten NO ONE good. Mendes doesnt count. You give him a real camp and Mendes win everytime.

Go beg borrow and steal
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Cmoney,

Wouldnt you think though, that due to the hype, a ton of money is going to be put on McGreggor the day of the fight?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Cmoney,

Wouldnt you think though, that due to the hype, a ton of money is going to be put on McGreggor the day of the fight?

It is a good question and one i thought about. I cant tell if it is going to go down or up. We are already from 150 opening to 135 with Aldo and it just seems to keeping falling. But like you said the day of the fight or night before Aldo could jump back up due to Irish degens.

I could also see HUGE last minute money come on Aldo bringing McGreggor's odds back down to earth.

Load Metric
    I foresee Aldo coming out recklessly trying to outbox the irish guy; this will be his undoing, as the irish guy has greater natural power and the better overall boxing skills. Moreover, irish guy will utilize his reach and stay away from aldo's devastating kicks. There will be little to no jiu jitsu in this fight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    I will bombard the UFC thread during the ppv to tell you how much mma sucks and boxing will always be king.
    fyp

Comments

Krypt:

Load Metric
    I'm an Irish degen and I wouldn't mind having a substantial wager on this one. Krypt seems to think McGregor will win though...

I have asked my somewhat biased Irish friends who are UFC fans to see what they think...
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    McGregor to win in round one for me.

Load Metric
    My Irish friends also said to stick the house on McGregor. lol
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cmoney,

Wouldn't you think though, that due to the hype, a ton of money is going to be put on McGregor the day of the fight?
    Because of hype (and euro money), a huge amount of money was put on McGregor already, I think he was at -175 at some point. It will be interesting once all the Irish donks land in Vegas where that line moves. They raped the book last time he fought so they'll even put more on him this time around IMO.

You'd have to figure the sharp money should be on Aldo just because of the fact you are getting odds on what is essentially, at worst, a 50/50 fight (nvm if you think like cmoney that Aldo is a clear favorite). The worries for Aldo for me: his long layoff (see: Cain), and the hot piss rumors.

Another factor is that Conor usually cuts BIG weight before his matches, and this will be the first time he will cut weight in the "after IV" era. He walks around at 170 and is probably more of a 155 pounder than 145. He's also expressed desire that he'll move up to 155 to beat Cowboys/Dos Anjos/etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

Another factor is that Conor usually cuts BIG weight before his matches, and this will be the first time he will cut weight in the "after IV" era. He walks around at 170 and is probably more of a 155 pounder than 145. He's also expressed desire that he'll move up to 155 to beat Cowboys/Dos Anjos/etc.
    this goes both ways. Aldo's entire camp is famous for bad weight cuts, and nobody looks worse on fight week than Aldo.

Load Metric
    Cmoney,

Wouldn't you think though, that due to the hype, a ton of money is going to be put on McGregor the day of the fight?
    Because of hype (and euro money), a huge amount of money was put on McGregor already, I think he was at -175 at some point. It will be interesting once all the Irish donks land in Vegas where that line moves. They raped the book last time he fought so they'll even put more on him this time around IMO.

You'd have to figure the sharp money should be on Aldo just because of the fact you are getting odds on what is essentially, at worst, a 50/50 fight (nvm if you think like cmoney that Aldo is a clear favorite). The worries for Aldo for me: his long layoff (see: Cain), and the hot piss rumors.

VERY good analysis

Aldo +120 now at MGM.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if he is favorite by fight time.
    Last edited by cmoney; 12-02-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

this goes both ways. Aldo's entire camp is famous for bad weight cuts, and nobody looks worse on fight week than Aldo.
    I never knew this but I also know he trains in the same gym as Barao and that guy is really bad at cutting weight so that makes sense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

I never knew this but I also know he trains in the same gym as Barao and that guy is really bad at cutting weight so that makes sense.
    Aldo has been known for a long time for terrible weight cuts, see the Hominick fight as an example. I can't imagine MacGregor cuts more weight or needs the IV thing any more than Aldo.

I'm going to predict the winner will be the fighter that is able to circumvent the rules & use the IV thing without getting caught.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    let me tell you why im not laying money on this fight:

i want conor to lose.

if conor loses, i get paid something more valuable than money.

i hope aldo kicks conor's honkey leg off. but conor's entire game plan is built around cutting off aldo's in the ring and crippling them with body shots, and showing up 30 lbs heavier than aldo isnt going to hurt his cause.

if enough money goes on conor ill be compelled to put some action on aldo but really, the thought of compounding my emotional grief from an aldo defeat with a monetary loss is inconceivably cruel.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    let me tell you why im not laying money on this fight:

i want conor to lose.

if conor loses, i get paid something more valuable than money.

i hope aldo kicks conor's honkey leg off. but conor's entire game plan is built around cutting off aldo's in the ring and crippling them with body shots, and showing up 30 lbs heavier than aldo isnt going to hurt his cause.

if enough money goes on conor ill be compelled to put some action on aldo but really, the thought of compounding my emotional grief from an aldo defeat with a monetary loss is inconceivably cruel.

Yeah I love Aldo and all, but this Conor is just huge compared to Aldo in most every way. I'd say it goes the mic's way 3 outta 4 times. But by saying that, Aldo should be priced as a bigger dog than he is.. so.. no value in my eyes.
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 12-13-2015 at 07:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Aldo is going to be on the last episode (semi-final fights) of Ultimate Fighter next week according to the previews. I don't really watch this shit but I DVR it just to see the end fight and it showed him sitting on the Team Faber side. I don't even know if they really even know one another that well but they have that one common interest obviously hating McGregor.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Aldo is going to be on the last episode (semi-final fights) of Ultimate Fighter next week according to the previews. I don't really watch this shit but I DVR it just to see the end fight and it showed him sitting on the Team Faber side. I don't even know if they really even know one another that well but they have that one common interest obviously hating McGregor.
    Him and Faber have respect as they've fought before, but I think it's more Dana White making sure that him and Conor are separated because, as Dana once put it, "I have to be in the middle of these guys at all time because all Conor wants to do is touch Aldo and get under his skin".

Will the "tilt" factor get to Aldo? One reason why I think a guy like Frankie Edgar is a matchup nightmare for Conor isn't just because of his superior wrestling, but also the fact he simply won't get be affected by all the pre-fight nonsense that Conor does like the rest of these fighters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Him and Faber have respect as they've fought before, but I think it's more Dana White making sure that him and Conor are separated because, as Dana once put it, "I have to be in the middle of these guys at all time because all Conor wants to do is touch Aldo and get under his skin".

Will the "tilt" factor get to Aldo? One reason why I think a guy like Frankie Edgar is a matchup nightmare for Conor isn't just because of his superior wrestling, but also the fact he simply won't get be affected by all the pre-fight nonsense that Conor does like the rest of these fighters.

I think a lot of people are thinking McGregor is getting to Aldo a lot more than he really is. Aldo is one hard dude. He grew up poor as fuck in Brazil in the ghetto. If that doesnt give you nerves of steal I am not sure what does.

Dudes heart didnt speed up a beat:

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Cmoney,

It is a good question and one i thought about. I cant tell if it is going to go down or up. We are already from 150 opening to 135 with Aldo and it just seems to keeping falling. But like you said the day of the fight or night before Aldo could jump back up due to Irish degens.

I could also see HUGE last minute money come on Aldo
    bringing McGreggor's odds back down to earth.
    Yeah, by the pimp... I mean you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Put $500 on +120 Aldo on Bovada

Thread Information