Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would Druff do? Sears Auto edition

Load Metric

What would Druff do? Sears Auto edition

So, i often kill my battery by leaving my lights on. I carry one of those quick jump starters in the back for this reason. I have had to jump the car probably 20 times this year. Well its getting colder and the battery has been getting harder to jump. So today i took it to Sears Auto to get a new battery. I left my number and they would call when ready. Me and the kids walk over to the mall and await the call.

About an hour later i get a call from the garage saying its not the battery but the alternator and will be $700 instead of $150... I tell them i won't be getting the alternator fixed there and i'll be by to get the car. The mechanic on the phone says, 'the bad alternator would ruin the new battery so we won't put it in'. cool.

So we go to get the car and the guy at the register is like, 'That'll be $150'...

I said, 'Oh, you put the battery in? i thought the mechanic said it would ruin the battery?

'well, it will eventually'

'is there a warranty?'

'yup, 2 years'

'ok then'

from behind the register, another employee quips up, 'make sure you put in the notes that he refused the alternator'

'will that revoke my warranty?'

'yes'

'well, then take it out and put in my old battery'

'we can't'

'you must'

'we can't'

'o.k. bye'

I walked outside buckled the kids in and drove away. i ignored their 1st call and the voice mail said if i didn't come back and pay then they'd call the cops...

10 minutes later i get a call from the Burlington Police department saying i had to come down and pay or they'd press charges and i'd have to go to court and pay a bunch of fees and blah blah blah

The cop wanted me to pay over the phone but i refused and said i'd come back and deal with them. after arguing with the cop and manager for a few minutes i said, 'look, take the battery out and put my old one in. or, i'll pay whatever the cop says i have to, then i'll sue you and trash you on social media etc.'

The cop then talked to the manager separately. When he came back, he said they agreed to take $50 off if i would pay

i felt bad busting the cops balls on thanksgiving so i agreed to pay the discounted price for the new battery and was on my way.

I think i should have stuck to my guns though. The cop said at one point, 'since you've returned with the merchandise, it's no longer a criminal matter'...

Comments

Ricky: stupid

Load Metric
    What do you have a 1980's car that either doesn't automatically kill the battery when turned off or make a loud fucking noise if left on? If you didn't approve the new battery then you are not at fault. End of story.

Load Metric
    Turn off your lights dummy

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post
    So, i often kill my battery by leaving my lights on. I carry one of those quick jump starters in the back for this reason. I have had to jump the car probably 20 times this year.
    I used to lock my keys in my car a few times a year, and everyone thought I was retarded. But this... this is next level carelessness.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    What do you have a 1980's car that either doesn't automatically kill the battery when turned off or make a loud fucking noise if left on? If you didn't approve the new battery then you are not at fault. End of story.

not quite 1980's... but i do have selective hearing and i don't hear the 'loud fucking noise'

Comments

Ricky: F

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    So, i often kill my battery by leaving my lights on. I carry one of those quick jump starters in the back for this reason. I have had to jump the car probably 20 times this year.
    I used to lock my keys in my car a few times a year, and everyone thought I was retarded. But this... this is next level carelessness.

I also smoke far too much pot which may or may not be a contributing factor

Comments

Ricky: A

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Today, 06:53 PM
    big dick
    Contributor
    This message is hidden because big dick is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list[/QUOTE]

sorry, what?

Comments

Ricky: G

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Turn off your lights dummy

i couldn't resist... and you were nice. thanks for the advice.

Happy Thanksgiving

Comments

big dick: u2

Ricky: O

Load Metric
    tip the battery acid into a cup and drink it

regards

Comments

4Dragons:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    tip the battery acid into a cup and drink it

regards

wait, thats what druff would do? i don't get it. asshole.

Comments

Ricky: T

Load Metric

Cool

hey Marley have you tried making yourself a note and taping where you will see it EVERY time you leave your car? That works for us old guys--guessing it would work for potheads too--amirite?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Load Metric
    Which Burlington?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    So, i often kill my battery by leaving my lights on. I carry one of those quick jump starters in the back for this reason. I have had to jump the car probably 20 times this year. Well its getting colder and the battery has been getting harder to jump. So today i took it to Sears Auto to get a new battery. I left my number and they would call when ready. Me and the kids walk over to the mall and await the call.

About an hour later i get a call from the garage saying its not the battery but the alternator and will be $700 instead of $150... I tell them i won't be getting the alternator fixed there and i'll be by to get the car. The mechanic on the phone says, 'the bad alternator would ruin the new battery so we won't put it in'. cool.

So we go to get the car and the guy at the register is like, 'That'll be $150'...

I said, 'Oh, you put the battery in? i thought the mechanic said it would ruin the battery?

'well, it will eventually'

'is there a warranty?'

'yup, 2 years'

'ok then'

from behind the register, another employee quips up, 'make sure you put in the notes that he refused the alternator'

'will that revoke my warranty?'

'yes'

'well, then take it out and put in my old battery'

'we can't'

'you must'

'we can't'

'o.k. bye'

I walked outside buckled the kids in and drove away. i ignored their 1st call and the voice mail said if i didn't come back and pay then they'd call the cops...

10 minutes later i get a call from the Burlington Police department saying i had to come down and pay or they'd press charges and i'd have to go to court and pay a bunch of fees and blah blah blah

The cop wanted me to pay over the phone but i refused and said i'd come back and deal with them. after arguing with the cop and manager for a few minutes i said, 'look, take the battery out and put my old one in. or, i'll pay whatever the cop says i have to, then i'll sue you and trash you on social media etc.'

The cop then talked to the manager separately. When he came back, he said they agreed to take $50 off if i would pay

i felt bad busting the cops balls on thanksgiving so i agreed to pay the discounted price for the new battery and was on my way.

I think i should have stuck to my guns though. The cop said at one point, 'since you've returned with the merchandise, it's no longer a criminal matter'...

Get a AAA membership. They offer free batter replacement once a year and the renewal price is less than $150/year, plus you can get free roadside assistance, towing, etc...

Comments

Suicide King: And Inhouse dmv

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Which Burlington?

MA

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IamGreek View Post
    hey Marley have you tried making yourself a note and taping where you will see it EVERY time you leave your car? That works for us old guys--guessing it would work for potheads too--amirite?
    You would think the pain of fucking yourself over so many times would be enough to condition you. It worked for me, like the lab rat that shocked itself one too many times pressing the wrong food switch. Every time I park my car, I'm automatically compelled to check my lights, ignition, e-brake and locks before exiting.

Losing my wallet and phone enough times had the same effect. My "got your shit?" check has become a reflex.

If getting old dulls that operant conditioning, god help me.

Comments

IamGreek: sry to tell you but getting old changes everything.

Load Metric
    Sears Auto? Who the hell takes their car there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    i was at the mall. i needed a battery. i don't give a shit about the car.

Load Metric
    I went there for some break work. It's less than I mile away, and next to mall. I declined over 1K worth of extra repairs they wanted to do, but they did fix the brakes. I was surprised they had almost no customers.

Load Metric
    Battery lives matter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anchordraw View Post
    I went there for some break work. It's less than I mile away, and next to mall. I declined over 1K worth of extra repairs they wanted to do, but they did fix the brakes. I was surprised they had almost no customers.
    Why surprised? Sears Auto has THE WORST reputation among auto repair retailers!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information