Thread: Best Natural High I Have Had in a Long Time + Punta Cana Report

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Best Natural High I Have Had in a Long Time + Punta Cana Report

With 2 days left on my vacation I am cleaning my ears with Q tips and then all of a sudden one of my ears just closes up and water is sealed deep in the ear canal. This is the second time this happened to me in my life.

The first time about 10 years ago shaving cream got pushed back there and it is so torturous because your ears ring and you can't hear shit and it throws off your equilibrium.

Anyhow I tried dropping water in my ear and then tilting my head to the side a few times and that didn't work. Then I bought some hydrogen peroxide and tried that and it didn't work. So the last 2 days of my trip my ear was fucking clogged and ringing.

To make matters worse I had a connecting flight at JFK and was stuck on the runway for 1.5 hours. Then the transportation bus leaving Logan in Boston got cut off before hitting a toll and the guy pulled into the lane that his bus could not fit thru and he could not reverse. So they had to call a trooper in and block off traffic so he could revers and pull thru the correct toll.

I get home finally and pray this fucking thing just releases on it's own and it doesn't. So next day I stop at a CVS and talk to the pharmacist and see what he suggests. He suggests these ear drops which is like double strength peroxide with some other shit in it and he tells me to let this shit soak in there for 15 minutes. had I done this with the peroxide on the trip it probably would have worked.

Anyhow I let this shit soak for about 15 minutes 2 times and all of a sudden my ear unclogs. This is the best fucking feeling I have had in quite some time.

Punta Cana was cool. Nice beaches/ good entertainment / good pool/ great weather (90 high 80 low every day with no rain) great service and excursions were legit and I suggest anyone taking a trip to one of these types of resorts maxes out on the excursions. I got to swim with dolphins and rode dune buggys all over the island and got to see a lot of the country.

The negatives for me were the food/outdoor buffets and the peddlers who more or less attack you and try and do anything they can to get you to buy their shit.

Breakfast was ok and was the closet to what I was used to. The lunch and dinner buffets were sub par by American standards but that's to be expected at most of these places. Some days they had good stuff and other days it was not so great. I could go to their restaurants 3 times and I did Mexican twice and steakhouse once and both were very good.

Make sure you research the restaurant thing before you do an all inclusive because some allow unlimited uses of these restaurants and others you get a certain amount of reservations. And most people had no clue about the reservations as every time I was eating people were showing up and being told they could not eat without reservation. This is sort of a scam as well because if everyone made a reservation they would not have enough room for everyone in the resort.

Also all of the buffets were outdoors at this resort so it was piping hot every time you ate. Fine if your by the pool and ocean but sucked for breakfast and dinner as you are looking to relax and you are more or less eating under a roof with breezeways on the side and just fans blowing and they don't really help so a lot of the time u are just sweating balls. it was the same way with some of the entertainment venues where they had comedy/music shows etc. 110 degrees under a roof with fans that don't help

I would say if you are a heavy drinker then upgrade from the shit alcohol to top shelf if they offer it. The only beer they had was Presidente and the alcohol sucked but I don't drink much anymore so this wasn't a huge issue.

Most resorts don't allow peddlers on their property from what I have heard but they are all over the beaches and every where you go on excursions and try and pressure you to buy shit. The resort I was at lets the peddlers in twice a month and they get to set up tables all over the property which is idiotic because these guys are just looking to rob you with prices/exchange rates etc... and it can put a damper on a vacation.

Every fucking 10 feet on my last night there I encountered these guys and it didn't help that I was wearing a red sox hat. Every guy tried to butter me up with the how awesome big papi is speech and then expected me to buy all their garbage. Best thing to do to avoid these assholes is not wear red sox gear and just tell them no dinero but sometimes that doesn't work because they are relentless.

Also the camera guys are pains in the asses both on and off the resorts. The dolphin excursion I did they tell you not to bring cameras and then when you finish they try and sell you a DVD and a few photos for $150. If they charged 1/3 of that they would probably sell more.

The dune buggy excursion was legit and these photo shop guys were the real deal. 2 Dominicans flying around on 1 KX80 on bumpy roads with no helmuts videoing and taking shitloads of pictures. These guys worked their asses off but at the end they try and sell you all this shit for bunch of cash GTFO

The resort also has these photo guys all over the place trying to take pics of you doing things but again they are trying to charge you mucho dinero and don't seem to realize that everyone has a fucking Iphone or a good smart phone these days.

All in all it was good trip and a good experience but when I do something like this again I am going with a top top resort.

Mine wasn't a shithole but there are certainly better ones out there. Will add some pics later when I get them uploaded

Comments

lewfather:

YUUP:

BeerAndPoker:

big dick: nice trip report. Fuck jamie gold ofc

Hockey Guy: Trip reports are always appreciated. Nice write-up.

ToasterOven: trip report

4Dragons: tr

ThreeBet:

jacosta24: Muy bueno reporte

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good report.

Never been to Punta Cana, but in general I am not a fan of all-inclusives for the exact reason you mentioned -- the food.

At least it appears they had some decent restaurants on premises where you could go a limited number of times, but still... it just kinda ruins things for me when the food sucks on vacation.

In some places it can't be helped that the food is bad, because there is literally no good option around. This is common when visiting US National Parks in the middle of nowhere. But I hate paying a lot of $ for a resort and getting shitty food.

The pictures at those dolphin programs are always a huge ripoff. You just need to commit yourself to not buying any. I went to a dolphin place in December 2013 in Mexico. Had fun with the excursion, and just ignored the pictures.

Load Metric
    so what was the name of the resort?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Iberostar Punta Cana

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Iberostar Punta Cana
    ok, cool

thanks for sharing the most important part of the op three hours later

Load Metric
    With 2 days left on my vacation I am cleaning my ears with Q tips and then all of a sudden one of my ears just closes up and water is sealed deep in the ear canal. This is the second time this happened to me in my life.

The first time about 10 years ago shaving cream got pushed back there and it is so torturous because your ears ring and you can't hear shit and it throws off your equilibrium.

Anyhow I tried dropping water in my ear and then tilting my head to the side a few times and that didn't work. Then I bought some hydrogen peroxide and tried that and it didn't work. So the last 2 days of my trip my ear was fucking clogged and ringing.

To make matters worse I had a connecting flight at JFK and was stuck on the runway for 1.5 hours. Then the transportation bus leaving Logan in Boston got cut off before hitting a toll and the guy pulled into the lane that his bus could not fit thru and he could not reverse. So they had to call a trooper in and block off traffic so he could revers and pull thru the correct toll.

I get home finally and pray this fucking thing just releases on it's own and it doesn't. So next day I stop at a CVS and talk to the pharmacist and see what he suggests. He suggests these ear drops which is like double strength peroxide with some other shit in it and he tells me to let this shit soak in there for 15 minutes. had I done this with the peroxide on the trip it probably would have worked.

Anyhow I let this shit soak for about 15 minutes 2 times and all of a sudden my ear unclogs. This is the best fucking feeling I have had in quite some time.
    After a similar experience a couple decades back, where the infection swelled the right side of my face out about an inch, the doctor said I was lucky my eardrum didn't burst, and I spent $200+ on special antibiotic drops, I was schooled on the following:

1) Don't use Q-Tips to clean your ear canals. Cotton fibers from the tip can get stuck in the earwax, and together they can form a kind of organic cement. Instead, take a tissue or piece of toilet paper and fold it over once and twist one corner into a soft pointy cone. This cone shouldn't have any loose fibers that can come loose inside your ear. But you may need to let it sit in there for a few seconds for water to wick onto it.

2) Don't use hydrogen peroxide to clear your ear canals, especially if your ear is clogged. HP removes the oils, which further hardens earwax, or worse the organic cement of Q-Tip cotton fibers and earwax.
    Instead, use mineral oil. This is cheaper than the Carbomide/swimmer's ear cleaner the pharma probably recommended. It will soften earwax and repell water from the recesses of your ear canal that a tissue cone might not reach.

Unless, of course, you are jonesing for a "natural high" and are willing endure the excruciating pain China mentioned experiencing above beforehand.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I stayed at Excellence Punta Cana back in 2005 I think. I went the same time of year as you which was basically half price from winter season. Great time and great place. This was before I moved to Florida.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Can't believe I'm reading a positive trip report about that shit hole

Load Metric
    Next time ear plugs like that mix 50/50 peroxide and rubbing alcohol and pour in ear laying on opposite side for a few mins then turn and let it run out. Guaranteed to fix it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Next time ear plugs like that mix 50/50 peroxide and rubbing alcohol and pour in ear laying on opposite side for a few mins then turn and let it run out. Guaranteed to fix it.
    tits or gtfo!

Load Metric
    Dolphin pics or GTFO

Good thing you're not drinking like you used to or else you may have bankrupted the place.

Load Metric
    The ears being plugged story.

I just went to the doctors office to get ears cleaned. I have noticed the past 3 years this has been an issue for me almost annually. Go swimming and I get plugged up and you can't hear and pressure builds.

They put a tray under your ear and she irrigated with a turkey baster. You would not believe what comes out.

I asked if this was a common thing and the nurse said she does a couple a day. Yeah, felt tremendous when I walked out. Best $25 (copayment) I spent all year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I just went to the doctors office to get ears cleaned. I have noticed the past 3 years this has been an issue for me almost annually. Go swimming and I get plugged up and you can't hear and pressure builds.

They put a tray under your ear and she irrigated with a turkey baster. You would not believe what comes out.

I asked if this was a common thing and the nurse said she does a couple a day. Yeah, felt tremendous when I walked out. Best $25 (copayment) I spent all year.
    http://www.amazon.com/Health-Enterpr.../dp/B000SOJXGA

For anyone who would prefer to do it in the convenience of your home, grab one of these (or something similar).

You have someone squirt water into your ear and out comes the wax/crap stuck in there. Just don't jam it in too far (that's what she said).

It's a cool party game (I'd recommend only family but to each their own) to see who has the most disgusting thing come out of their ear.

Also pretty amazing how well people can hear after they do this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Health-Enterpr.../dp/B000SOJXGA

For anyone who would prefer to do it in the convenience of your home, grab one of these (or something similar).

You have someone squirt water into your ear and out comes the wax/crap stuck in there. Just don't jam it in too far (that's what she said).

It's a cool party game (I'd recommend only family but to each their own) to see who has the most disgusting thing come out of their ear.

Also pretty amazing how well people can hear after they do this.
    Tried the home route. Almost no success. Friggin hassle. For the same dough get some young nurse to do you.

BTW the ringing in Druff's ear is the Giants 1 back. No cure.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ya this is the truth. I couldnt believe some of the shit that came out of there.

Load Metric
    I opened this thread thinking I would read about China getting a 5 way BJ or won a $100K pot or met Tebow in person. But instead Im left with a fucking plugged ear
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I opened this thread thinking I would read about China getting a 5 way BJ or won a $100K pot or met Tebow in person. But instead Im left with a fucking plugged ear
    Unclogged ear > anything else.

Believe me this was torture

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Not had it happen to me but I've seen a number of people(don't ask why) who have had a compacted ear canal. Not only can it be very painful, so much so that the person is thrilled to have their ear drum burst, but it can be off putting for the senses. Hearing obv. a problem, but your sense of direction is reduced, you can't tell how loud your speaking, and tinnitus is often evident. And that's if all goes well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Not had it happen to me but I've seen a number of people(don't ask why) who have had a compacted ear canal. Not only can it be very painful, so much so that the person is thrilled to have their ear drum burst, but it can be off putting for the senses. Hearing obv. a problem, but your sense of direction is reduced, you can't tell how loud your speaking, and tinnitus is often evident. And that's if all goes well.

Thread Information