Thread: My 401K is just about back to normal

Load Metric

My 401K is just about back to normal

Remember when all those doom and gloom stories about the market was going to crater and people panic sold? If you were one of those people you are not very smart. Nice to be intelligent. v nice to be on the right side of the tracks as well.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: so normal for you means $1.98

splitthis:

Load Metric
    thats fantastic news. i suggest you withdraw ever cent, take the 10% penalty + taxes hit, then triple it this hurricane season by shorting gulf insurance agencies and going long on home building ETFs.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    thats fantastic news. i suggest you withdraw ever cent, take the 10% penalty + taxes hit, then triple it this hurricane season by shorting gulf insurance agencies and going long on home building ETFs.
    You do not get a 10% penalty in the pandemic.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: if only you had something to withdraw

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

oddly enough i do, but only because i havent even been slightly inconvenienced by the pandemic so i cant use the distress clause.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

oddly enough i do, but only because i havent even been slightly inconvenienced by the pandemic so i cant use the distress clause.
    So you actually have to demonstrate you have a burning issue to get the 10% waived? How could anyone actually prove that? Anyway, I am thinking about moving my monies in my 401K to something that is so conservative it yields like 2% a year. I honestly think the market has gone up too fast and is poised to retrace back for the teens this summer. I am not a market guy, but people are not going back to work any time soon.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    You need to self attest to being affected. Then the IRS reserves the right to come back after you for proof in the next 3 years I think. So for instance if you had a small sole proprietorship selling concert tickets on StubHub, that would qualify.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    You need to self attest to being affected. Then the IRS reserves the right to come back after you for proof in the next 3 years I think. So for instance if you had a small sole proprietorship selling concert tickets on StubHub, that would qualify.

Sure, but honestly everyone has to some extent (which i don't think is specifically defined) has been affected. If I'm wrong (and i have not investigated it) I'd love to know with a cite.

Load Metric
    Remember when all those doom and gloom stories about the market was going to crater and people panic sold?

If you were one of those people you are not very smart. Nice to be intelligent. v nice to be on the right side of the tracks as well.

Remember when all those doom and gloom stories about the market was going to crater and then it cratered?

Day after day the market tanked, often a 1000 points at a time.... but you stood tall... you’re not gonna be bothered bargain shopping later

The greatest transfer of wealth in history .... but you’re back to even.

Read something Friday on my news scroll. I’ll never find it now. My memory was the Robinhood kids had 43% more activity in HTZ calls 6 days prior to the final 825% Hertz gain. Even the autists couldn’t help but trip over solid gold nuggets.

The Fed was never going to do anything but backstop your risk.

You’re going to be haunted by this the rest of your life.

You wanna know why tendies are the new pokerz? Cause any & every idiot is winning this game. It’s like winning at poker in 2001.

But not you. You’re even.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-07-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Thread Information