Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Justin Bonomo accused unnamed poker pros of sexual harassment & rape

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Pro A- Disgusting and Gropey...Devilfish or Gus Hansen

Pro B- A former PokerStars sponsored pro who repeatedly was accused of sexual harassment...Humberto Brenes

Pro C- A former PokerStars sponsored pro that Justin was surprised would be accused of rape allegations...Jonathan Duhamel

Remember Justin Bonomo was a sponsored PokerStars pro for awhile and used to hangout with other PokerStars pros all the time.

It wasn't said in the blog that Pro B was a "former" sponsored pro. I got the impression that he was "still" a sponsored pro which definitely narrows the field.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
    The rapist is Jonathan Duhamel.

He was fired by Pokerstars in April after these allegations came to light. This has been known for some time by a number of people.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2015/0...ways-21311.htm

Although the poker room decided not to share any details about Duhamel's contractual agreements and the reasons that led to the parting of ways, a representative from PokerStars confirmed to PokerNews that they "won't be working together in the future."
    Pokerstars has never made such a harsh statement of closure about any other departing pro.

Sharp eye. Indeed it appears that Bonomo was referring to Duhamel.

2.5 years later, this has been confirmed. One of the alleged victims has come forward today on Twitter, and has posted proof that she was the one who contacted Bonomo. Indeed, Jonathan Duhamel is the one Bonomo was referring to, regarding the rape allegations.

It also started because our own SrslySirius decided to bring up the issue again in the (mostly unrelated) Bill Perkins thread:

https://twitter.com/Rightrhyme1/status/1265258231896707072

https://twitter.com/Rightrhyme1/status/1265337287447138304

https://twitter.com/Rightrhyme1/status/1265420256975126529

https://twitter.com/Rightrhyme1/status/1265421464515366919

... plus a second victim?

https://twitter.com/unixangel/status/1265266150260248576

... plus look who showed up in the thread:

https://twitter.com/byankarojas1/status/1265460082722168834

That's Bianca Rojas-Latraverse, who masterminded a December 2011 attack on then-boyfriend Duhamel in his home, where she left the door open for some male friends to come in, beat him up, and steal money and his WSOP bracelet.

Bianca made contact with me today, and we had a conversation. She said that Duhamel had been abusive many times during their relationship, and that this crime was an act of revenge, not greed. She might be on radio this weekend.

Developing...

Comments

IamGreek: Nice. More drama

Shizzmoney: drama rep

Load Metric
    Is Duhamel running for office or something?

Comments

nightmarefish:

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Usually I lurk but I heard my screen name mentioned on radio so here I am. As you see, my post in 2015 was truth.

SrslySirius just posted on 2p2 an article being written by a reporter at the time, but it never made it to press. Why? I will let you guess.

In 2013, 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event champion Jonathan Duhamel took an already inebriated mutual acquaintance, who we will refer to as Amy (not her real name), out to some bars in Las Vegas. He paid for some drinks before both returned to their hotel she recalled in an interview.

“Amy said that she remembers arriving at the Rio Hotel and does not remember going up to a room,” reads a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department report. “Amy next remembers being in a hotel room with Duhamel and saying no while he forced himself on her. Amy said that he was violent and she kept telling him no and that it hurt while he raped her.”

A month later at the European Poker Tour Prague stop, another woman, who we’ll call Rebecca (also not her real name), claims to have had a similar experience. She remembers Duhamel, with who she had a prior relationship, drinking too much at a club before she, who hadn’t been drinking, helped him get back to his hotel safely. She recalls him asking her to stay the night, which she agreed to only after explaining that nothing physical would happen between them.

“We both fell asleep, and I woke up about an hour later and he sat up on me, pulled my hair, and tried to put it in my mouth,” Rebecca revealed. “I tried to get loose, started screaming, and when I did that he started slapping me.”

An investigation by XXXXX unearthed previously unreported allegations against the three-time bracelet winner. The assertions have been documented through interviews with former inamoratas, text and messenger exchanges, and the aforementioned police report filed with the LV Metropolitan PD.

Allegations of 2013 WSOP November Nine Assault

“It happened in Vegas the night before the November Nine of Marc-Etienne McLaughlin,” said then 21-year-old Amy, Duhamel’s first public accuser.

As Amy told it, she and Duhamel had been friends since 2011. They ran in the same Quebecois circles and attended the same parties. She even claimed he rented a yacht on two separate occasions inviting her and other friends aboard.

“We had friends in common,” is how Amy put it. “We chatted a few times on Facebook too, but I never accepted a date one on one with him.”

According to Amy, Duhamel once asked her to his room to watch a movie, which she politely declined. It didn’t seem like a big deal at the time, though she kept the message.

The poker community in Quebec is close knit, so it’s no surprise that when one of their own made the final table of the 2013 WSOP Main Event, dozens of McLaughlin’s friends followed him out to Vegas.

“I was at a bar with my friends, my roommates,” Amy said. “And in the middle of the night, I was tired and drunk so a friend walked with me outside of the bar, but was too drunk to take care of me.”

She goes on to say that is when Duhamel, at the time a sponsored PokerStars Team Pro, and his manager, Philippe Jette, appeared and offered to take care of her.

“I know we went to some bars, he paid for some drinks, and we went to the lobby of the Rio,” she continued. “We were talking and my phone was dead. I don’t know if it was something in my drink or it was just alcohol, but I don’t remember everything … I remember saying no and he forced me to have sex with. Violent sex. Things that I hadn’t done before. I left the room confused and dizzy.”

In the days that followed, Amy stayed in bed and missed McLaughlin finishing sixth in the Main Event for $1,601,024. She even missed many of the subsequent celebrations. She hadn’t fully processed what happened and simply didn’t know what to do.

“I was new in the poker community,” she explained. “I was scared of the judgment and opinion of everybody. I didn’t want my family, my friends, to know what happened. I decided to not do anything about it. Why is it such a shame to denounce a rape? I am strong and I could live with that. I was hoping for apologies or talks from him, but since that, nothing happened. It’s hard to be credible against a rich team pro guy. And who was I to put drama and shit in the community?”

Amy kept her secret for more than a year before sharing it with a new boyfriend, a high-profile poker pro who declined to comment for this article. According to Amy, he told her of another girl who claimed to be assaulted by Duhamel.

During the 2015 GPI European Poker Awards in Malta, Amy and her then-boyfriend randomly crossed paths with Duhamel while at a bar. Amy decided to confront him, words were exchanged, and she admits that she spit in his face.

Things escalated, and Amy claims someone tried to stab her with a knife, at which point she punched Duhamel in the face. The police came, and as the aggressors Amy and her boyfriend were taken to the police station.

It was an ugly encounter, and one that Amy regrets, other than the fact it inspired her to finally speak up. She told PokerStars officials about what happened in Malta, as well as the incident that inspired it. On April 8, 2015, she returned to Las Vegas, walked into the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, and filed a report with Officer Arguello, A.

XXXXXX has obtained a copy of the police report and verified its authenticity with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. In it, both Jonathan Duhamel and Philippe Jette are listed as offenders. The former has his “Employer” listed as “Poker Stars” and his occupation “Poker Player/Representative.” As for Jette, his employer is listed as “http://PRINCEPOKER.COM” and his occupation “Manager.”

Offense listed: Sex Assault(F)-NRS 200.366.2B
    Domestic Violence: No
    Weapons: Personal Weapons (Hands, Feet, Teeth, etc.)
    Hate/Bias: Unknown (Offenders Motivation Not Known)
    Location Type: Hotel/Motel/Etc.

Narrative Reads:

On 04/08/15 at about 1224 hrs Victim/Amy came in to LVMPD HQ locatd at 400 S MLK to report the following:

Amy said that on the night of 11/08/13 she had come to town to support a friend who was in a poker tournament and was drinking at an unknown club when she was told by security that she was too drunk and needed to go rest. When Amy walked out she saw a man she knew, Jonathan Duhamel, who told Amy’s friends he would take care of her and get her to her room safely. Duhamel is a professional poker player who has won the World Series of Poker and represents PokerStars. Amy said that Duhamel and his manager, Philippe Jette, who was with him instead, took her around to other bars and getting her more intoxicated.

Amy said that she remembers arriving at the Rio Hotel and dos not remember going up to a room. Amy next remembers being in a hotel room with Duhamel and saying no while he forced himself on her. Amy said that he was violent and she kept telling him no and that it hurt while he raped her. Amy said that she cannot remember if Jette was in the room. Amy said that she has flash back type memories but struggles to remember because of how intoxicated she was.

Amy said that she runs into Duhamel from time to time because they are both associated with the poker circuit. Amy ran into Duhamel again a couple of weeks ago Malta and Amy confronted him and Duhamel told her that it wasn’t just him and that Jette had raped her as well. Amy said that Duhamel was defending his actions.

Amy has since discovered that there are several women from all over the world who have very similar stories about Duhamel and Jette. Amy now believes that this is something that they do repeatedly and in order to protect others has decided to come forward and file a report.

Not long after Amy filed the report, the case was closed with no charges filed.

“I’m just realizing that the story is a part of life that I can’t erase,” said Amy. “I filed a report but the case got closed because the system is bullshit. So, I gave up basically.”

REBECCA

Unbeknownst to Amy at the time, another girl, who we will call Rebecca, allegedly had a similar encounter with Duhamel.
    I wish I could read more but that's all SrslySirius posted.

It is also too bad that 2p2 locked the thread, for reasons I do not understand. https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...tions-1771056/
    Last edited by Anteater; 06-03-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Load Metric
    When is the WSOP going to replace Jonathan Duhamel's WSOP 2010 bracelet that was stolen and ruined when his whore girlfriend decided to have him beat up by two other guys?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
    Usually I lurk but I heard my screen name mentioned on radio so here I am. As you see, my post in 2015 was truth.

SrslySirius just posted on 2p2 an article being written by a reporter at the time, but it never made it to press. Why? I will let you guess.

In 2013, 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event champion Jonathan Duhamel took an already inebriated mutual acquaintance, who we will refer to as Amy (not her real name), out to some bars in Las Vegas. He paid for some drinks before both returned to their hotel she recalled in an interview.

“Amy said that she remembers arriving at the Rio Hotel and does not remember going up to a room,” reads a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department report. “Amy next remembers being in a hotel room with Duhamel and saying no while he forced himself on her. Amy said that he was violent and she kept telling him no and that it hurt while he raped her.”

A month later at the European Poker Tour Prague stop, another woman, who we’ll call Rebecca (also not her real name), claims to have had a similar experience. She remembers Duhamel, with who she had a prior relationship, drinking too much at a club before she, who hadn’t been drinking, helped him get back to his hotel safely. She recalls him asking her to stay the night, which she agreed to only after explaining that nothing physical would happen between them.

“We both fell asleep, and I woke up about an hour later and he sat up on me, pulled my hair, and tried to put it in my mouth,” Rebecca revealed. “I tried to get loose, started screaming, and when I did that he started slapping me.”

An investigation by XXXXX unearthed previously unreported allegations against the three-time bracelet winner. The assertions have been documented through interviews with former inamoratas, text and messenger exchanges, and the aforementioned police report filed with the LV Metropolitan PD.

Allegations of 2013 WSOP November Nine Assault

“It happened in Vegas the night before the November Nine of Marc-Etienne McLaughlin,” said then 21-year-old Amy, Duhamel’s first public accuser.

As Amy told it, she and Duhamel had been friends since 2011. They ran in the same Quebecois circles and attended the same parties. She even claimed he rented a yacht on two separate occasions inviting her and other friends aboard.

“We had friends in common,” is how Amy put it. “We chatted a few times on Facebook too, but I never accepted a date one on one with him.”

According to Amy, Duhamel once asked her to his room to watch a movie, which she politely declined. It didn’t seem like a big deal at the time, though she kept the message.

The poker community in Quebec is close knit, so it’s no surprise that when one of their own made the final table of the 2013 WSOP Main Event, dozens of McLaughlin’s friends followed him out to Vegas.

“I was at a bar with my friends, my roommates,” Amy said. “And in the middle of the night, I was tired and drunk so a friend walked with me outside of the bar, but was too drunk to take care of me.”

She goes on to say that is when Duhamel, at the time a sponsored PokerStars Team Pro, and his manager, Philippe Jette, appeared and offered to take care of her.

“I know we went to some bars, he paid for some drinks, and we went to the lobby of the Rio,” she continued. “We were talking and my phone was dead. I don’t know if it was something in my drink or it was just alcohol, but I don’t remember everything … I remember saying no and he forced me to have sex with. Violent sex. Things that I hadn’t done before. I left the room confused and dizzy.”

In the days that followed, Amy stayed in bed and missed McLaughlin finishing sixth in the Main Event for $1,601,024. She even missed many of the subsequent celebrations. She hadn’t fully processed what happened and simply didn’t know what to do.

“I was new in the poker community,” she explained. “I was scared of the judgment and opinion of everybody. I didn’t want my family, my friends, to know what happened. I decided to not do anything about it. Why is it such a shame to denounce a rape? I am strong and I could live with that. I was hoping for apologies or talks from him, but since that, nothing happened. It’s hard to be credible against a rich team pro guy. And who was I to put drama and shit in the community?”

Amy kept her secret for more than a year before sharing it with a new boyfriend, a high-profile poker pro who declined to comment for this article. According to Amy, he told her of another girl who claimed to be assaulted by Duhamel.

During the 2015 GPI European Poker Awards in Malta, Amy and her then-boyfriend randomly crossed paths with Duhamel while at a bar. Amy decided to confront him, words were exchanged, and she admits that she spit in his face.

Things escalated, and Amy claims someone tried to stab her with a knife, at which point she punched Duhamel in the face. The police came, and as the aggressors Amy and her boyfriend were taken to the police station.

It was an ugly encounter, and one that Amy regrets, other than the fact it inspired her to finally speak up. She told PokerStars officials about what happened in Malta, as well as the incident that inspired it. On April 8, 2015, she returned to Las Vegas, walked into the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, and filed a report with Officer Arguello, A.

XXXXXX has obtained a copy of the police report and verified its authenticity with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. In it, both Jonathan Duhamel and Philippe Jette are listed as offenders. The former has his “Employer” listed as “Poker Stars” and his occupation “Poker Player/Representative.” As for Jette, his employer is listed as “http://PRINCEPOKER.COM” and his occupation “Manager.”

Offense listed: Sex Assault(F)-NRS 200.366.2B
    Domestic Violence: No
    Weapons: Personal Weapons (Hands, Feet, Teeth, etc.)
    Hate/Bias: Unknown (Offenders Motivation Not Known)
    Location Type: Hotel/Motel/Etc.

Narrative Reads:

On 04/08/15 at about 1224 hrs Victim/Amy came in to LVMPD HQ locatd at 400 S MLK to report the following:

Amy said that on the night of 11/08/13 she had come to town to support a friend who was in a poker tournament and was drinking at an unknown club when she was told by security that she was too drunk and needed to go rest. When Amy walked out she saw a man she knew, Jonathan Duhamel, who told Amy’s friends he would take care of her and get her to her room safely. Duhamel is a professional poker player who has won the World Series of Poker and represents PokerStars. Amy said that Duhamel and his manager, Philippe Jette, who was with him instead, took her around to other bars and getting her more intoxicated.

Amy said that she remembers arriving at the Rio Hotel and dos not remember going up to a room. Amy next remembers being in a hotel room with Duhamel and saying no while he forced himself on her. Amy said that he was violent and she kept telling him no and that it hurt while he raped her. Amy said that she cannot remember if Jette was in the room. Amy said that she has flash back type memories but struggles to remember because of how intoxicated she was.

Amy said that she runs into Duhamel from time to time because they are both associated with the poker circuit. Amy ran into Duhamel again a couple of weeks ago Malta and Amy confronted him and Duhamel told her that it wasn’t just him and that Jette had raped her as well. Amy said that Duhamel was defending his actions.

Amy has since discovered that there are several women from all over the world who have very similar stories about Duhamel and Jette. Amy now believes that this is something that they do repeatedly and in order to protect others has decided to come forward and file a report.

Not long after Amy filed the report, the case was closed with no charges filed.

“I’m just realizing that the story is a part of life that I can’t erase,” said Amy. “I filed a report but the case got closed because the system is bullshit. So, I gave up basically.”

REBECCA

Unbeknownst to Amy at the time, another girl, who we will call Rebecca, allegedly had a similar encounter with Duhamel.
    I wish I could read more but that's all SrslySirius posted.

It is also too bad that 2p2 locked the thread, for reasons I do not understand. https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...tions-1771056/
    No wonder thread was locked, don’t forget the sites owners penchant for doll like creatures.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    When is the WSOP going to replace Jonathan Duhamel's WSOP 2010 bracelet that was stolen and ruined when his whore girlfriend decided to have him beat up by two other guys?

Sounds like a good move on her part.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Sounds like a good move on her part.
    Yeah, I don't understand TheXFactor calling her names when this incident was probably totally justified.

Sometimes you get what's coming to you. This seems to be one of those times.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Name:  fae662d98273556d94086efeb2d5350c.png
Views: 2055
Size:  35.0 KB

I bet Duhamel ends up regretting that...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Name:  fae662d98273556d94086efeb2d5350c.png
Views: 2055
Size:  35.0 KB

I bet Duhamel ends up regretting that...
    srsly sirius is a pot stirring faggot. he can't just libel anyone he chooses

Comments

1marley1: SrslySirius is god

WillieMcFML: you're an unlikable idiot

Load Metric
    Not sure if this has been posted in the forums yet. I did a quick search and could not find it. Full article here from June 3rd 2020.

New details:

https://www.vip-grinders.com/new-rev...290pkfi7b0YBn8

Load Metric
    So this has got to be the thing that has a lawyer sending out cease and desist letters, i assume?

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    So this has got to be the thing that has a lawyer sending out cease and desist letters, i assume?
    You've assumed correct. I've heard through the grapevine that Duhamel or someone on his behalf retained Chesnoff & Schonfeld and that that law firm has sent out an indeterminate number of C&D letters. Interestingly, I've heard that the C&D letters demand confidentiality (LOL that, though reputation-management lawyers keep trying that shuck) and that the dissemination of police reports is prohibited by the LVMPD (uh, no). To the best of my knowledge, both of those legal assertions are bogus. I haven't seen the letters so it's hearsay, but I believe it.

Druff's convo with Bianca Rojas-Latraverse I also find interesting. If the Duhamel beating was a revenge crime that also turned into an opportunistic robbery, well, it wouldn't be the first time.

I've archived this whole thread just in case Druff himself comes under some pressure.

Comments

WillieMcFML: justice warrior (in a good way) rep

Thread Information