Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justin Bonomo accused unnamed poker pros of sexual harassment & rape

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Justin Bonomo accused unnamed poker pros of sexual harassment & rape

The best part about all of this is now folks can try and guess who the "pros" are:

It's More Real Than You Think

Since women make up such a tiny percentage of poker players in any given card room, it can be hard to appreciate the frequency at which these problems occur. Here are three true stories. Each one is about a different professional male poker player. All three are among the hundred most famous poker players of all time, and all three either have had or still do have prominent sponsorship deals with major poker sites.

Pro A is patently disgusting. I’ve had two separate girlfriends tell me they had their asses grabbed by this man. Neither girl had ever spoken a single word to him. Both instances took place in the Rio and occurred one year apart from each other. A masseuse I know confirmed this behavior and shared a few similar stories detailing how outrageously gropey he is.

Pro B is well liked. You would be surprised to hear that he was accused of repeated sexual harassment by a female in the poker world while representing his sponsoring site. I’m not at liberty to discuss the specifics of the outcome due to the lawyers involved, but it was not pretty.

Pro C was the one that surprised me most. A female poker player accused him of rape. Upon finding out about this, another female that’s connected in the poker world instantly spoke up saying she too had been raped by Pro C. His sponsorship contract was terminated the very next day.

I can only assume my credibility will be called into question since I have not named these men, but that is a decision for the victims to make, not myself. There are other factors at play as well (i.e. lawyers). The details are intentionally kept to a minimum, but this is all real.
    http://justinbonomo.blogspot.com/201...-poker_21.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    The best part about all of this is now folks can try and guess who the "pros" are:

It's More Real Than You Think

Since women make up such a tiny percentage of poker players in any given card room, it can be hard to appreciate the frequency at which these problems occur. Here are three true stories. Each one is about a different professional male poker player. All three are among the hundred most famous poker players of all time, and all three either have had or still do have prominent sponsorship deals with major poker sites.

Pro A is patently disgusting. I’ve had two separate girlfriends tell me they had their asses grabbed by this man. Neither girl had ever spoken a single word to him. Both instances took place in the Rio and occurred one year apart from each other. A masseuse I know confirmed this behavior and shared a few similar stories detailing how outrageously gropey he is.

Pro B is well liked. You would be surprised to hear that he was accused of repeated sexual harassment by a female in the poker world while representing his sponsoring site. I’m not at liberty to discuss the specifics of the outcome due to the lawyers involved, but it was not pretty.

Pro C was the one that surprised me most. A female poker player accused him of rape. Upon finding out about this, another female that’s connected in the poker world instantly spoke up saying she too had been raped by Pro C. His sponsorship contract was terminated the very next day.

I can only assume my credibility will be called into question since I have not named these men, but that is a decision for the victims to make, not myself. There are other factors at play as well (i.e. lawyers). The details are intentionally kept to a minimum, but this is all real.
    http://justinbonomo.blogspot.com/
    A is Hellmuth
    B is KidPoker (Would definitely disprove the likelyhood and rumors of him being homosexual but could add credence to possibly being Bisexual)
    C is Ivey?? (has to be a black player obviously)

Comments

ToasterOven: lol

Load Metric

Cool

These guys need to be outed especially the rapist imho.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What about Pro D?

Pro D: Known pro in the online world who creates names that could be confused for females and enters tournaments under several screen names violating poker sites terms of service. He raped several dollars out of the online MTT community for a decent period of time prior to UIEGA being passed.

Comments

Dan Druff: yup

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Yep. Scumbag and wanker. Also, ShaunDeeb is a total prick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    A is Hellmuth
    B is KidPoker (Would definitely disprove the likelyhood and rumors of him being homosexual but could add credence to possibly being Bisexual)
    I doubt B is DN. If was known about him in the poker community I assume we would have heard all about it from an anonymous source that rhymes with fannie puke or coward federer.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    The only one that comes to mind is Duhamel? Not saying its him but anyone know of anyone else who's sponsorship was dropped out of the blue?

My guess for Pro A: Layne Flack?

My guess for Pro B: Chris Moneymaker?
    Last edited by hotshott74; 11-23-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    I think A is/was Devilfish.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "Sexism and Misogyny in Poker" is the title of this lovely essay.

Mind you, I did find the portion of his essay about asshole sexual harassers in poker to be interesting. He mentioned that he knows of three well known poker pros who mistreat women -- two sexual harassers of strangers, and one rapist. Would love it if he named names, but of course he didn't.

But the rest of the essay is a sanctimonious lecture about how we need to treat women in poker better, and you're supposed to come away with the impression that Justin Bonomo is a swell and sensitive guy who cares.

I don't buy any of this.

Mind you, Justin is the same guy caught in a major multiaccounting scandal years ago, and he also isn't exactly a saint when it comes to table etiquette. For example, when he got moved to my 10k Limit Holdem WSOP table this year at the very end of Day 1, he saw I had a crippled stack.

After being at the table for a few minutes without any incident, Bonomo obnoxiously commented that "3 people at this table think they're the best in the world", and then after someone inquired which three he was referring to, he made it clear in a roundabout way that I was one of the three. All while I was like a few chips from busting from the event. Just dickish stuff like that.

I really hate when dudes write essays about how much they respect women, and how we have to be more like them. Seems a lot more like attention whoring than true concern.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    100% A) also applied to Devilfish, but Bonomo says "is" rather than "was", and while that could be an attempt to keep people from being sure it's Devilfish, I am getting the vibe that he is talking about someone currently living.

But yeah, Devilfish was a complete scumbag when it came to his treatment of women (and I'm talking about strangers, not women he was dating).

That was one of my points about him when everyone was eulogizing him after his death as such a great guy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    A is Hellmuth
    I doubt B is DN. If was known about him in the poker community I assume we would have heard all about it from an anonymous source that rhymes with fannie puke or coward federer.
    I doubt DN is a harasser of women. I think Negreanu is pretty clean and scandal-free in his lifestyle, aside from his weird devotion to Choice Center.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    100% A) also applied to Devilfish, but Bonomo says "is" rather than "was", and while that could be an attempt to keep people from being sure it's Devilfish, I am getting the vibe that he is talking about someone currently living.

But yeah, Devilfish was a complete scumbag when it came to his treatment of women (and I'm talking about strangers, not women he was dating).

That was one of my points about him when everyone was eulogizing him after his death as such a great guy.
    I caught flack over Devilfish when he was in his last days for saying he was less than a great guy. First time I saw him on TV, he was a complete prick. Don't remember a female being involved either.

As far as the story is concerned, show a pair of balls & name names or keep your mouth shut. The speculation could harm someone that is innocent of this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The thing I hate is when people talk in code in general.

In this case Justin Bonomo is putting this out there and likely won't ever have the stones to give the names of who these people are.

A selective few people might figure it out or if he's told them will possibly say who at some point but we might never know.

This is the same with a lot of forms of social media. I get this crap from a few people on my facebook I'm not that close to but will post some shit like how someone fucked them over badly leaving the name out. They will get a couple replies from people who know who the person is because they are closer to that friend of mine then I am but you can bet like 90% of their friends list has no fucking clue who it is.

Why even post shit like that publically when they can just message the few people they are really trying to tell their thoughts to?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When you are a proven former multiaccounter and still act like an asshole at times at the poker table, your best play is to STFU and not lecture people about ethics/etiquette.

The most tilting thing about that blog is who it comes from.

Comments

Shizzmoney: this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I couldn't last thru the interview, what a toolbox.

Anywho didn't Isildur get dropped from Pstars sort of out of the blue? Duhamel, hmm is he the one who got robbed by his ex gf or some weird shit. Google it for me.

B. I'm guessing Greenstein.

Might as well drag one more potential innocent thru the mud.
    Peter Eastgate: “I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Be a Poker Pro Again”

FTR I think all my guesses are probably wrong.

Bonomo should know better than open a guess the rapist contest.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 11-23-2015 at 02:20 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    these pseudo intellectuals really get under my skin. Attention whoring at its finest. You aren't saying anything new or interesting, on your bike.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    I couldn't last thru the interview, what a toolbox.

Anywho didn't Isildur get dropped from Pstars sort of out of the blue? Duhamel, hmm is he the one who got robbed by his ex gf or some weird shit. Google it for me.

B. I'm guessing Greenstein.

Might as well drag one more potential innocent thru the mud.
    Peter Eastgate: “I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Be a Poker Pro Again”

FTR I think all my guesses are probably wrong.

Bonomo should know better than open a guess the rapist contest.
    I think Peter Eastgate is gay. There were some pictures of him that came out which, while not explictly gay, strongly seemed to imply it. So probably not him.

Greenstein would be hilarious if true, but probably not

Gold
    Load Metric
    I've met eastgate's wsop cabana boy. He's a gay

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

http://justinbonomo.blogspot.com/
    A is Hellmuth

Wouldn't he have said the 3 most famous poker players in the world, dumbass?

I probably have no idea who the bottom half of the most famous 100 poker players even are.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    C. Raymer

Thread Information