Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bill Burr is God (F is for Family) on netflix

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    70% through the new season.

It's much better than the first one, as I said a few posts ago.

It's been renewed for a third season, but we won't see that until 2018.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Done with season 2.

Verdict: Much, much better. Would recommend if you gave up on the show during/after the mediocre Season 1.

Only read below if you truly want SPOILERS.

I thought episodes 6-9 of season 2 were best. The last one was a bit disappointing. While the plot point of the theft of the "salad tosser" was well done, I didn't like the over-the-top terrorist thing at the end, killing both Dunbartons at the airport.

The best thing about this show was that it revolved around realism. You could believe everything actually happening to a 1973/1974 family. While there was plenty of drama and some dark humor, nothing was too crazy or unrealistic.

That changed with the airport scene of the final episode. Frank was taken hostage. He inexplicably told the terrorist to kill him because he was depressed about fighting with his wife (huh?) Then crazy Scoop Dunbarton comes out and single-handedly beats up all the terrorists, while accidentally stepping on a bomb suitcase, blowing himself up and killing his uncle in the process.

Somehow Frank, covered with Scoop's blood and with a bullet in his arm, shrugs the whole thing off, as does the rest of the family, and they all share a hug together.

What?!

I would expect this on an absurdist show like Family Guy, but this show was more of the funny-because-it's-believable variety. That crazy airport scene simply didn't fit.

Presumably the hole-in-the-condom ending was implying that Sue was going to get pregnant again, and another baby would be on the way. While that's a slightly interesting cliffhanger, is this show already in the "add a baby to the family" mode because it's out of ideas?

I don't know what to think about the upcoming Season 3.

I wonder if it's already jumped the shark.

Hello, PokerFraudAlert.

Thought I would make a post about a matter other than that has-been beggar Corey Feldman.

The writing for the show concluded in mid-October, 2017. The voice acting concluded in early November, 2017.

The show is now in production, which is a lengthier process than you might think.

Netflix wants a release in October 2018, but word around Hollywood is that it might drag until November or December.

The writing team is being kept in the dark, and those in production are simply telling them "late 2018" when they ask release date questions.

Season 3 will be 10 episodes long:

Episode 1: “Are You Ready For The Summer?”
    Episode 2: “Drive-By”
    Episode 3: “The Stinger”
    Episode 4: “Mr. Murphy’s Wild Ride”
    Episode 5: “Battle of the Sexes”
    Episode 6: “Punch Drunk”
    Episode 7: “Summer Vacation”
    Episode 8: “It’s in his Blood”
    Episode 9: “Frank the Father”
    Episode 10: “Bill Murphy’s Night Off”

Episode 9 was the only one written by Burr.

Two female writers did Season 3 episodes. Valeri Vaughn wrote episode 7, and Emily Towers wrote episode 5. In total, there were 9 different head writers for Season 3, with only Michael Price writing two episodes (4 & 10).

Personally I don't love it when there are too many different head writers, as it gives shows a disjointed feel from episode to episode. I have warned against this to friends of mine in Hollywood, but they rarely listen. Everyone has their ego and thinks their way is always right.

The season will also see a new character, Anthony Murphy, who is Frank's younger brother. He will be voiced by Al Ducharme.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Coming November 30

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Season 3 just dropped on Netflix and Bill Burr was finally on Hot Ones yesterday. I say finally because he's been the most requested guest for a few years now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Been looking forward to this. Season 2 was very good, aside from the disappointing final episode.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Watched episode 1.

Unfortunately it appears they are back to being heavy/depressing rather than humorous. That was the big criticism of Season 1. Too much stress/frustration, not enough humor.

Too many things are going wrong for too many members of the family. And somehow Vic is back on top. He even went to Vegas "in attempt to lose money", and won despite himself. I actually liked when Vic finally came crashing down near the end of Season 2 after seemingly living a charmed existence. Now we're back to consequence-free Vic, and that joke was old way back in Season 1.

Bill (the character, not Bill Burr) is also traumatized after seeing people get killed at the airport in the Season 2 finale. That's what I was talking about regarding not liking that episode. It had a cartoonish, action movie type ending, instead of sticking to believable suburban family issues. Now they don't quite know what to do with it. Should the kids be traumatized over what happened, or should they just pretend that episode never happened (aside from putting a new boss in place at Mohegan Air)? Even Frank uttered in this third season premiere, "I told you to never speak of that again", referring to the bloodbath in the prior episode.

Anyway, I found Season 2 I wanted to binge watch, whereas Season 1 I was watching one episode at a time, because otherwise it was too heavy and depressing to watch multiples at once.

I didn't watch another episode after the Season 3 premiere, so that should tell you something.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Watched 9 of 10 Season 3 episodes. Didn't love the first one, but it got better, and I give a thumbs up overall to this season.

The new "Chet" character (voiced by Vince Vaughn, who is also now Executive Producer) is very good, and they've done a nice job exploring some of the side characters in the show.

Actual spoilers below, so be warned.

The one thing I didn't like was how quickly they went from Frank thinking Chet was a great guy to realizing the dude was a snake in the grass.

While I did like how they were slowly leading up to it, the actual way Frank discovered it was too abrupt and not believable.

Chet built them an amazing room addition to their home for the new baby, only to secretly call up the city and report Frank for having an illegal, non-permitted addition. When the city quickly clamped down on Frank and told him that a neighbor complained, somehow Frank figured out that it was Chet, simply because Chet was watching from a distance as the city worker cited him. I found this to be unlikely that Frank would have put this together.

I would have found it a lot more satisfying if Frank slowly pieced together the evidence that Chet wasn't a good guy, which then could have led him to secretly follow Chet, and then witnessing him saying/doing something which would have given away that Chet was the one reporting him.

I did like the twist where Chet's wife ended up poisoning him, but I felt this would have been better for the season finale, rather than episode 9.

Load Metric
    Overpaid for some tickets to see Bill Burr at the end of February. 4 rows from the front.

Hope he doesn't spend half the act talking Trump.

Better be good.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Also, shout out to the six posters on page 2 of this thread who have either been banned or jumped ship.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Watched episode 1.

Unfortunately it appears they are back to being heavy/depressing rather than humorous. That was the big criticism of Season 1. Too much stress/frustration, not enough humor.

Too many things are going wrong for too many members of the family. And somehow Vic is back on top. He even went to Vegas "in attempt to lose money", and won despite himself. I actually liked when Vic finally came crashing down near the end of Season 2 after seemingly living a charmed existence. Now we're back to consequence-free Vic, and that joke was old way back in Season 1.

Bill (the character, not Bill Burr) is also traumatized after seeing people get killed at the airport in the Season 2 finale. That's what I was talking about regarding not liking that episode. It had a cartoonish, action movie type ending, instead of sticking to believable suburban family issues. Now they don't quite know what to do with it. Should the kids be traumatized over what happened, or should they just pretend that episode never happened (aside from putting a new boss in place at Mohegan Air)? Even Frank uttered in this third season premiere, "I told you to never speak of that again", referring to the bloodbath in the prior episode.

Anyway, I found Season 2 I wanted to binge watch, whereas Season 1 I was watching one episode at a time, because otherwise it was too heavy and depressing to watch multiples at once.

I didn't watch another episode after the Season 3 premiere, so that should tell you something.
    it's
    weird
    i'm all things funny but the new england/jersey guys/accent left me cold, until i listened to bb solo.
    he's just a very funny person

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How to argue with women.
    Should have been taught somewhere

Load Metric
    This should be required viewing for:

- Every PFA member
    - Everyone remotely interested in Bill Burr
    - Everyone from Philly

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can we get a Harry Hollywood update on when Season 4 is coming?

I kinda miss this show.

Load Metric
    I love Bill Burr in spite of F Is For Family

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Can we get a Harry Hollywood update on when Season 4 is coming?

I kinda miss this show.
    Sorry for the delay. I did not have information at the time you asked this, and I forgot that you had inquired about this.

My source at Netflix tells me that April 3, 2020 is the release date for Season 4. I was also told that the season will be 10 episodes, with #4 written by Vince Vaughn's sister Valeri, and #8 written by Mr. Burr himself.

You might be surprised to learn that F is For Family is the second-oldest non-canceled Netflix show, only behind Bojack Horseman.

Well looks like I was incorrect regarding the April 3, 2020 release date.

However, this one is not my fault. April 3 was the release date, but it got moved because of the coronavirus.

Netflix has decided to roll out its new shows more slowly because of the interruption of production of all shows. Everything has been halted for almost 2 months, and it is not known when any production will resume. Netflix had F is for Family all ready to go, but it has been held back so they can continue releasing "new" shows for a long time while nothing is in production.

The new projected release date is June 12, 2020, but that's not yet set in stone. That is the most likely date of release, and if it's not that, there is a high chance it will be within 10 days either way of June 12.

There will be 10 episodes.

Comments

Dan Druff: Wow!! Right on the nose!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hollywood View Post
    Well looks like I was incorrect regarding the April 3, 2020 release date.

However, this one is not my fault. April 3 was the release date, but it got moved because of the coronavirus.

Netflix has decided to roll out its new shows more slowly because of the interruption of production of all shows. Everything has been halted for almost 2 months, and it is not known when any production will resume. Netflix had F is for Family all ready to go, but it has been held back so they can continue releasing "new" shows for a long time while nothing is in production.

The new projected release date is June 12, 2020, but that's not yet set in stone. That is the most likely date of release, and if it's not that, there is a high chance it will be within 10 days either way of June 12.

There will be 10 episodes.
    https://twitter.com/FIFFNetflix/status/1261341692050849792

You guys ready to believe yet that Harry has connections?

No article existed anywhere else on the web on the date of his post (May 4) regarding the June 12 release date. That wasn't announced until 11 days later on May 15.

Dude is a PFA asset.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    June 12th was correct

It's up on Netflix today

Silver
    Load Metric
    still g o d

Thread Information