Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Terror in Paris.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quoted from reddit.

"What is the point of all of this?
    The extremists are trying to provoke a war.
    Their goal is to cause a backlash against muslims in general, driving some of those towards extremism, leading to even more attacks, causing an even stronger backlash, and so on.
    Their end goal is to unify muslims against all unbelievers, fight a big war which they believe they're destined to win, and unify the world in some kind of global caliphate.
    Edit for clarity:
    This isn't just random conjecture, it's what groups like ISIS actually believe will happen.
    ISIS believes that there will be a big final battle between the "Romans" (i.e. christians) and the muslims in Dabiq (a Syrian town), because of a hadith in Sahih Muslim that supposedly foretells it.
    Very(!) roughly summarized, they believe that the muslims will defeat the christians under the leadership of the Mahdi, then muslim Jesus will return to earth to defeat the false messiah after he kills the Mahdi, and finally, the entire world will be muslim.
    That's why their propaganda magazine is named "Dabiq", and it's why they've been surprisingly enthusiastic about countries joining the coalition against them.
    And speaking of Dabiq (the magazine), here's an article they published on the "extinction of the grayzone" (i.e. muslims who aren't actively siding with ISIS), where it's argued that 'you're either with ISIS or against it', and that "the time had come for another [terrorist attack] [...] to further bring division to the world and destroy the grayzone everywhere".
    "
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 11-14-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Can someone remind me like, what France did to piss off Muslims so hard?

Oh right.. let them take over huge portions of their cities.
    There's also a legacy from the Algerian War.
    Possibly. But more likely, it is the sense by many French Muslims that some of France's laws intentionally discriminate again Muslims, but are couched in ways to not appear directly to say so. One important example is the set of the laws passed that prevent Muslim women from wearing a veil (hijab) in public, as well as outright harassment and violence against even head scarf-wearing Muslim women across the country. So, yeah. There is much for them to be pissed about.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/27...pand.html?_r=0

French Muslims Say Veil Bans Give Cover to Bias

By SUZANNE DALEY and ALISSA J. RUBIN
    MAY 26, 2015

WISSOUS, France — Malek Layouni was not thinking about her Muslim faith, or her head scarf, as she took her excited 9-year-old son to an amusement site near Paris. But, as it turned out, it was all that mattered.

Local officials blocked her path to the inflatable toys on a temporary beach, pointing at regulations that prohibit dogs, drunks and symbols of religion. And that meant barring women who wear head scarves.

Mrs. Layouni still blushes with humiliation at being turned away in front of friends and neighbors, and at having no answer for her son, who kept asking her, “What did we do wrong?”

More than 10 years after France passed its first anti-veil law restricting young girls from wearing veils in public schools, the head coverings of observant Muslim women, from colorful silk scarves to black chadors, have become one of the most potent flash points in the nation’s tense relations with its vibrant and growing Muslim population.

Mainstream politicians continue to push for new measures to deny veiled women access to jobs, educational institutions and community life. They often say they are doing so for the benefit of public order or in the name of laïcité, the French term for the separation of church and state.

But critics say these efforts, rather than promoting a sense of secular inclusion, have encouraged rampant discrimination against Muslims in general and veiled women in particular. The result has been to fuel a sense among many Muslims that France — which celebrates Christian holidays in public schools — is engaging in a form of state racism.

The ban, some critics argue, also plays into the hands of Islamists, who are eager to drive a deeper wedge between Muslims and non-Muslims in the West.

So far, France has passed two laws, one in 2004 banning veils in public elementary and secondary schools, and another, enacted in 2011, banning full face veils, which are worn by only a tiny portion of the population.

But observant Muslim women in France, whose head coverings can vary from head scarves tied loosely under the chin to tightly fitted caps and wimple-like scarves that hide every strand of hair, say the constant talk of new laws has made them targets of abuse, from being spat at to having their veils pulled or being pushed when they walk on the streets.

In some towns, mothers wearing head scarves have been prevented from picking up their children from school or from chaperoning class outings. One major discount store has been accused of routinely searching veiled customers.

Some women have even been violently attacked. In Toulouse recently, a pregnant mother wearing a head scarf had to be hospitalized after being beaten on the street by a young man who called her a “dirty Muslim.”

Statistics collected by the National Observatory Against Islamophobia, a watchdog group, show that in the last two years 80 percent of the anti-Muslim acts involving violence and assault were directed at women, most of them veiled.

“What is revolting is that such things take place in broad daylight and with the total indifference of the people around,” said Abdallah Zekri, the group’s president.

France, where Muslims make up an estimated 8 percent of the population, has long displayed discomfort with Muslim women who cover their heads, behavior that is standard in the Muslim world and is in keeping with the Quran’s teachings on modesty.
    The article continues on with more details on matter.

Comments

thesparten: Are y fucjen serious
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Jayjami: The French were absolutely vicious in Algeria.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    I can't believe all the Euro countries that are accepting Muslim refugees.

They're going to learn the hard way, you can't trust ANY religious whackos.
    The refugees are running away from the people that did this.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Truth speaker

Diamond
    Load Metric
    What do you guys think about the chances for a similar event occurring in the US?

We have Black Friday coming up where there are large, unsupervised crowds all over the US in tight spaces with chances of severe casualties. Possibility of making Paris look like a pregame for these cocksuckers. Not to mention Thanksgiving and Xmas.

Of course those that live in Wisconsin or middle of nowhere have nothing to worry about, but people in big cities like myself, might think of avoiding these scenarios.

Comments

mwh72: Oh, it's coming. Only a matter of when.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    What do you guys think about the chances for a similar event occurring in the US?

We have Black Friday coming up where there are large, unsupervised crowds all over the US in tight spaces with chances of severe casualties. Possibility of making Paris look like a pregame for these cocksuckers. Not to mention Thanksgiving and Xmas.

Of course those that live in Wisconsin or middle of nowhere have nothing to worry about, but people in big cities like myself, might think of avoiding these scenarios.
    Definite possibility. These groups can't get planes easily anymore. They are left with small arms to be used in large crowds.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Where are the Avengers when you need them?

Load Metric

This shit will never happen in places like Texas or Florida. If you live in a gun free zone then you are at risk. If you live in a major city that is a gun free zone then put your head on a swivel.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

This shit will never happen in places like Texas or Florida. If you live in a gun free zone then you are at risk. If you live in a major city that is a gun free zone then put your head on a swivel.
    Fort Hood is in Texas, and apparently quite a few people had guns there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric

I think you know what I meant. We're talking Islam terrorists. A lone wolf could happen anywhere however most mass shootings happen in gun free zones.

Load Metric
    Reports coming in of a TGV train derailment in France, with a number of fatalities.

Edit: seems not to be terrorist related
    Last edited by Wiganer; 11-14-2015 at 08:04 AM.
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric

I think you know what I meant. We're talking Islam terrorists. A lone wolf could happen anywhere however most mass shootings happen in gun free zones.
    I accept that what happened last night might not have been possible to the same degree win an area where large numbers of people carry hand guns, but if 8 fanatics with AK47s and grenades decided to attack say Dallas when the Cowboys game crowd was coming out, I suspect they could do quite a bit of damage before Bubba took them all down.

Also, it shouldn't give you too much of a sense of security, as it just means they would tend to favour bombs over guns as weapon of attack.

Load Metric

I accept that what happened last night might not have been possible to the same degree win an area where large numbers of people carry hand guns, but if 8 fanatics with AK47s and grenades decided to attack say Dallas when the Cowboys game crowd was coming out, I suspect they could do quite a bit of damage before Bubba took them all down.

Also, it shouldn't give you too much of a sense of security, as it just means they would tend to favour bombs over guns as weapon of attack.
    I don't know about that. Say a major convention in Las Vegas which probably has one tenth the police protection of a major sporting event and then you might have something. Although 8 suiciders will inflict damage anywhere...its just the nature of the beast. Would be interesting to see how the leaders of this country would react to something of this magnitude happening on American soil.

Noticed how LOTF hasn't been around much since this transpired. Only happens in America, right fraud?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If there has to be a military response from the US, let's do it now under Obama's brilliant leadership. Last thing we need is tax cut and charge another multi trillion dollar quagmire and $4.50 a gallon gas from a former Texas oil man with ties to the Saudi Royals.

Republicans are such shit imo and don't even say the price of gas isn't affected by who's president. I really have no idea how the GOP is still a contender in elections and not some forgotten fringe group tossed in the dust bin of history.

Oh yeah, gerrymandering, citizens united, and a enormous propaganda machine constantly misinforming the American public.

Comments

big dick: truth
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 11-14-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Maher thinks that if we just remove ourselves from "Muslim Lands" (whatever that means) everything should be fine.

Does he mean American citizens or military personnel? He has mentioned multiple times that Islam wants a world full of practicing members so wouldn't that help speed it up?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    I can't believe all the Euro countries that are accepting Muslim refugees.

They're going to learn the hard way, you can't trust ANY religious whackos.
    The refugees are running away from the people that did this.
    Hmmmm let me think..... There 90% men running away they have activated cell phones and connections in Europe, it may even be a small amount but there are some very BAD people in that crowd and if it means denying them all to keep a bunch of bad ones out..... So be it. There is no easy way to deal with this situation but letting them into your country to disburse and act as they would and trust they behave is just a bad idea.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

Incorrect sir. Due to stupendously ignorant army regulations, only the military police and soldiers involved in an active training exercise are allowed to carry on base. On any given military base on U.S. soul, less than 10% of the people will have loaded firearms on them at any given time.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I'm not a gun nut, but you beat me to posting something similar.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Islamic State says France is ‘key target’ because of its involvement with bombing there. I think that they will continue targeting there and other Euro cities b/c a) they are closer and have more lax immigration laws and b) those governments' armies are more actively involved in bombing ISIS in Syria.

I don't think they will go after the US (at least the official group itself; there's always the wacky "lone wolf" who get inspired by this shit and that's happened before here). Why? The US kinda bankrolled them in the beginning when the "moderates" started fighting Assad in 2013. The US' "ally", Saudi Arabia, also bankrolls them.....and the Islam they practice over there is the main inspiration for these guys.

Think about it: why isn't ISIS, a hardcore islamic group, not going after Israeli civ targets? That's b/c the relationship between the Israeli occupation entity and the Nusrah Front - the official branch of Al-Qa`idah in Syria fighting Assad - is probably cozier than one thinks.

ISIS can't be defeated from the air as long as Western governments and their Gulf and Turkish allies assist it on the ground, directly or indirectly.

I just think its time for all western armies to fold on Tatooine and get the fuck out of there.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Didn't take long for disgraced attention whore/carnival barker Ted Cruz to chest thump and spew a knee jerk response. If he was ever drafted by the military he'd rack up more deferments than Cheney and Limbaugh combined. That's it, I'm done posting for the day, this makes me sick.

"In Response To Paris, Ted Cruz Calls For Airstrikes With More ‘Tolerance For Civilian Casualties’."
    http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/...an-casualties/

Load Metric
    Another crazy right winger who lies like a rug.

Thread Information