Thread: Pokerstars announcement?

Load Metric

Pokerstars announcement?

I know lots of guys here were saying that on the 23rd pokerstars was suppose to announce purchase of FTP and that it would occur today at the latest. Any ideas what's going on?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I know lots of guys here were saying that on the 23rd pokerstars was suppose to announce purchase of FTP and that it would occur today at the latest. Any ideas what's going on?
    A number of possibilities:

#1 -- even though I have reported on it (since I had three independent sources tell me alomost the same story) I was always skeptical that it could all be smoke and mirrors

#2 -- The new Spanish laws are asking for back taxes from online poker sites, I believe Stars needs to cough up over $200 million which might possibly have delayed the deal

#3 -- The people leading most of the "it's going to happen" chants were also trumpeting Tapie's deal, and could be reporting more on hopes than actual facts

#4 -- I'm still not ruling out the possibility that the whole Stars buying FT rumor was started by GBT to give themselves a convenient "out" when they realized they were not going to reach a deal. After all, they strung the entire poker community along for seven months
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric

From what I hear the checks for players are in the mail, but we have to sign for them when they come. So, I'd make sure you stay by the mailbox for the next five to seven business days until that happens. Congrats and GL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

From what I hear the checks for players are in the mail, but we have to sign for them when they come. So, I'd make sure you stay by the mailbox for the next five to seven business days until that happens. Congrats and GL

This defies common sense. Why would they send cheques out to every account balance holder name and address without any correspondence? At the very least I suspect they will require account holders to make a claim / request withdrawal, then on top of that verification of account holder information.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

This defies common sense. Why would they send cheques out to every account balance holder name and address without any correspondence? At the very least I suspect they will require account holders to make a claim / request withdrawal, then on top of that verification of account holder information.

Load Metric

Why do I have the feeling Deal is out by his mailbox right now
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

I made a single $100 deposit on Tilt way back around 2007. Then during a tournament about 10 spots before the payout their servers crashed and only after I wrote to them did they refund my buyin. I felt that was not enough as I was in the top 10% at the time of the crash. Their lack of response to further emails on the matter led me to withdraw. Then around 2009 or so they changed their policy on crashed games and began to give people their chip equity. I wrote to them, citing my old dispute and said if they gave me rakeback I would deposit again. They declined my offer and so I was saved from having a balance to worry about when their ponzy scheme crashed in on them. I anxiously await my AP cheque though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have been told they could effectively make an announcement at any time

Problem is they need to sort out how players are going to be paid

Most likely DOJ will handle the payouts with 1099s etc and when that is settled you will get an announcement

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

I made a single $100 deposit on Tilt way back around 2007. Then during a tournament about 10 spots before the payout their servers crashed and only after I wrote to them did they refund my buyin. I felt that was not enough as I was in the top 10% at the time of the crash. Their lack of response to further emails on the matter led me to withdraw. Then around 2009 or so they changed their policy on crashed games and began to give people their chip equity. I wrote to them, citing my old dispute and said if they gave me rakeback I would deposit again. They declined my offer and so I was saved from having a balance to worry about when their ponzy scheme crashed in on them. I anxiously await my AP cheque though.
    Worst way possible to end this post

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I am very appreciated

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

I know, especially on Druffs site. I was getting monthly cheques from them for years without any issues and I always knew it could stop any day so I tried to keep as little as necessary on the site. Still got burned for 13k. They sent me to Vancouvers UFC event, comped me lots of tournament entries. Offered to fly me to Costa Rica to visit the head office while I was helping them during the AP/UB merge. Their customer service was really pretty good. Too bad it was owned by scumbags.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenixenik View Post
    I am very appreciated
    Yes you are. To prove it the next freeroll password is TEDDYICEMAN

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

I know, especially on Druffs site. I was getting monthly cheques from them for years without any issues and I always knew it could stop any day so I tried to keep as little as necessary on the site. Still got burned for 13k. They sent me to Vancouvers UFC event, comped me lots of tournament entries. Offered to fly me to Costa Rica to visit the head office while I was helping them during the AP/UB merge. Their customer service was really pretty good. Too bad it was owned by scumbags.
    That's great that you had all those experiences etc...

I am lucky that I had almost 100% of my online money on Pokerstars when Black Friday happened. The reality of the situation (for me anyway) is I would rather have money on Full Tilt and a rumor than money on AP and absolute silence.

Thread Information