Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Maher coming to realize that fellow liberals are full of shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bill Maher coming to realize that fellow liberals are full of shit

Bill Maher has always annoyed me with his obnoxious, smarmy, condescending brand of left-wing politics. Especially because he has sold himself for years as simply "politically incorrect" and not as an unapologetic leftist.

However, he has started to come around recently. While Maher will never be a conservative, and while he will never abandon the viewpoints he holds dear, the recent string of terrorist attacks has started to open his eyes about fellow leftists.

Specifically, he seems to be sickened watching fellow liberals make excuses for Muslims and accuse people of "Islamophobia", when the truth is stated that the entire Muslim community is somewhat to blame for the violence from extremists. Maher feels that mainstream Muslims are not condemning the violence or the extremists, and in fact many quietly support attacks like the one we just saw on Charlie Hebdo.

He is bothered that many liberals -- supposed champions of women's rights and gay rights -- are bending over backwards to support those in a religion which still strongly persecutes women and gays to this day. He doesn't understand why liberals keep telling people to understand and love the Muslims, while refusing to speak out against various human rights atrocities committed and approved by Muslims every day.

He's right, and you can tell that he's become frustrated that his "own people" have become so obsessed with "not stereotyping" and "not being Islamophobic" that they are closing their eyes to the truth.

Welcome to reality, Bill.

Far left liberals have always been out of touch with the truth and reality of the world. They live in an out-of-touch bubble of idealism which often bears no resemblance to real life. They espouse a belief that nobody is evil and everyone can be reformed with love and understanding -- unless you disagree with their political viewpoints, in which case you are the antichrist. Those on the far left complaining about "Islamophobia" today are the same types who insisted that violent criminals should get short prison sentences focusing on "rehabilitation" instead of punishment, especially if they "had a rough childhood" or grew up in a bad neighborhood. And then those same criminals left prison after a few years, only to commit more heinous crimes within a short time of being released. It took 30 years of sharply increasing crime in the US for a backlash to finally occur regarding this line of thinking.

Anyway, I enjoy watching videos like these, because I know that Maher is and always will be a liberal, but he has taken pause to finally understand the very correct criticism of the far left which he once found nearly infallible.

Load Metric
    I'll be honest with you, I have spent less than 10 minutes of my entire life thinking about/paying attention to Bill Maher, and most of that was directed at his weird obsession with black chicks.

That said, I think Maher has always been highly critical of 'the left'.

His politics are certainly left wing but hes never been one to overlook the left wings myriad bullshit flaws.

Comments

El Gallo: He's constantly going off on the "left"

Mdwst Hstlr: this is true
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric

is it true the demand for anti-diarrhea pills grew.

please clarify.

Load Metric
    Bill is one of my heroes. He is right about this. Liberals are way to tolerant of people who believe in magic.
    Last edited by El Gallo; 01-13-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Also, he is against any form of religion and always has been, not just specifically radical muslims. Irrational beliefs lead to irrational behavior etc etc
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Bill Maher has always annoyed me with his obnoxious, smarmy, condescending brand of left-wing politics. Especially because he has sold himself for years as simply "politically incorrect" and not as an unapologetic leftist.

However, he has started to come around recently. While Maher will never be a conservative, and while he will never abandon the viewpoints he holds dear, the recent string of terrorist attacks has started to open his eyes about fellow leftists.

Specifically, he seems to be sickened watching fellow liberals make excuses for Muslims and accuse people of "Islamophobia", when the truth is stated that the entire Muslim community is somewhat to blame for the violence from extremists. Maher feels that mainstream Muslims are not condemning the violence or the extremists, and in fact many quietly support attacks like the one we just saw on Charlie Hebdo.

He is bothered that many liberals -- supposed champions of women's rights and gay rights -- are bending over backwards to support those in a religion which still strongly persecutes women and gays to this day. He doesn't understand why liberals keep telling people to understand and love the Muslims, while refusing to speak out against various human rights atrocities committed and approved by Muslims every day.

He's right, and you can tell that he's become frustrated that his "own people" have become so obsessed with "not stereotyping" and "not being Islamophobic" that they are closing their eyes to the truth.

Far left liberals have always been out of touch with the truth and reality of the world. They live in an out-of-touch bubble of idealism which often bears no resemblance to real life. They espouse a belief that nobody is evil and everyone can be reformed with love and understanding -- unless you disagree with their political viewpoints, in which case you are the antichrist. Those on the far left complaining about "Islamophobia" today are the same types who insisted that violent criminals should get short prison sentences focusing on "rehabilitation" instead of punishment, especially if they "had a rough childhood" or grew up in a bad neighborhood. And then those same criminals left prison after a few years, only to commit more heinous crimes within a short time of being released. It took 30 years of sharply increasing crime in the US for a backlash to finally occur regarding this line of thinking.

Anyway, I enjoy watching videos like these, because I know that Maher is and always will be a liberal, but he has taken pause to finally understand the very correct criticism of the far left which he once found nearly infallible.

LOL....in contrast to the far right conservatives who have a monopoly on the truth. Druff you probably think FOX is an balanced news reporting agency with no agenda.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

LOL....in contrast to the far right conservatives who have a monopoly on the truth. Druff you probably think FOX is an balanced news reporting agency with no agenda.
    I never once thought or said FOX is a balanced news station.

The difference is that most conservatives know and acknowledge that FOX is biased, while liberals think that FOX is highly biased and MSNBC is just reporting the truth.

I think some far right conservatives can be a bit cold to the needs/issues of the downtrodden, but liberals live in a complete dream world when it comes to human nature and the way the world really works. Their solution is always, "Let's just be more tolerant, and the problems will go away", or some form of that.

Load Metric
    Did Druff's long-term Jewish ex-girlfriend once tell Micon that gays could be cured by visiting some place in Israel? Or something like that anyway. Could be wrong, but that's what I remember reading on here anyway.

And blaming ALL Muslims for attacks made by a few sick individuals on the other side of the planet? Wow

You do know any condemnation made by moderate Muslims totally falls on deaf ears with those barbaric terrorists overseas? And the reason it falls on deaf ears is because they're so far apart with their different ideologies, of not only the Koran, but how to act as human beings also.

And I didn't hear much condemnation from the Jewish communities around the world when Israel was murdering hundreds of innocent women & children on their own doorstep just a few months back. And that's despite widespread condemnation from governments and the whole of humanity from right around the world.

You also talk about people living in a out of touch bubble.. Well you're not wrong there. Americans live in the biggest fucking bubble on earth.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric

This must be a level. Bill is just starting to think this way??????????

Fuck off Druff. You're talking out your ass now. He's been so outspoken for years about Islamic terrorism that I'm surprised he wasn't the one killed by these idiots.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

This must be a level. Bill is just starting to think this way??????????

Fuck off Druff. You're talking out your ass now. He's been so outspoken for years about Islamic terrorism that I'm surprised he wasn't the one killed by these idiots.
    Correct he even made a doc about evils of religion about 7 years ago. Also being libertarian makes him conservative economically. He also had to do HBO cause no leftist stations would take him after they canceled him over ten years ago.

Load Metric
    Yeah he's just recently come around:

Druff, he's a "limousine liberal" & we all know you don't ever, under any circumstances, watch him so don't try to tell everybody what his message is and what he stands for. Like seriously, STFU. You've done absolutely no research to back up your quote below & probably watched his show once if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Druff

Comments

El Gallo: I must agree

Corrigan: agreed
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Too bad Christopher Hitchens is dead. He was another liberal that told it like it is in regards to Islam. One of the great thinkers of our time. I once ran into him at a bar in Vegas (he was speaking at a convention) and he had four Scotches in around 30-40 mins. It was 9 am in the morning. Ultimately the booze (which he always claimed helped him write), is what killed him at an early age.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: :this

gut: yup
    Last edited by cmoney; 01-14-2015 at 09:00 AM.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    when the truth is stated that the entire Muslim community is somewhat to blame for the violence from extremists.
    Who says this is the truth? - Serious question, maybe I understand it a bit wrong ('truth is stated').
    If it is your truth, how many muslims do you really know personally?

Maher feels that mainstream Muslims are not condemning the violence or the extremists, and in fact many quietly support attacks like the one we just saw on Charlie Hebdo.
    How about watching non-american, european news reports once in a while?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Too bad Christopher Hitchens is dead. He was another liberal that told it like it is in regards to Islam. One of the great thinkers of our time. I once ran into him at a bar in Vegas (he was speaking at a convention) and he had four Scotches in around 30-40 mins. It was 9 am in the morning. Ultimately the booze (which he always claimed helped him write), is what killed him at an early age.
    Hitchens was great but I don't think he was a liberal. I remember him in a debate defending the merits of the Iraq war and one other subject (forget) which surprised me, as I assumed he was a liberal.

I've had his 'God is not Great' book on my shelf for years but haven't gotten around to it. He also has a book where he annihilates Mother Teresa. Dude was baller.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...e_dearest.html

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Truly scary. A guy illuminated to the fullest trying to shift an entire demographics thoughts would most likely only happen deep into end game.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

Load Metric

Comments

tony bagadonuts:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Hitchens was great but I don't think he was a liberal. I remember him in a debate defending the merits of the Iraq war and one other subject (forget) which surprised me, as I assumed he was a liberal.

I've had his 'God is not Great' book on my shelf for years but haven't gotten around to it. He also has a book where he annihilates Mother Teresa. Dude was baller.

He was definitely a liberal but was at odds with many of his colleagues over the Iraq war. His reasons for wanting to invade Iraq I think had more to do with trying to weaken Islam than any of the Bush administration propaganda.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

He was definitely a liberal but was at odds with many of his colleagues over the Iraq war. His reasons for wanting to invade Iraq I think had more to do with trying to weaken Islam than any of the Bush administration propaganda.
    This is correct. He was very much a liberal, he wasn't completely on board with the Iraq war, but he definitely pointed out the positives, weakening Islam was one.

Load Metric
    All I know is that France started the Crusades all those years ago. Maybe not piss off the french and keep to your sand dunes and everything will be ok. I mean for people who shun western culture, they sure don't have any problem moving in and getting pissed off by something they would be insulated against if they just never came around.

Oh and fuck Bill Maher, complete waste of a chat show.

Thread Information