Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here it comes: Attacks on Rubio by the left-wing media

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    Trump is the only possibility you have. Winning elections is about getting non-voters to vote. When the leftist candidate doesn't get anyone's dick hard then the old crusty GOP turns out and wins with their 18% majority of the total populace. With Trump you can actually turn the tables for once and be the party to capture a piece of that silent mass.

Granted there will be a lot of people showing up just to vote against Trump but at least he raises the variance which is how upsets happen.
    The polls say otherwise.

And as much as you can claim that Trump will get usual non-voters out to vote for him, I believe the flip side will occur even more (as you even acknowledged).

Republicans don't need variance here because beating Hillary won't be an upset.

Hillary is the favorite to win next year. I'll admit that. I'll even go as far to say that she's a favorite over the entire Republican field.

However, she is not a huge favorite.

Obama versus McCain was a huge favorite.

That's why I supported Palin as the VP choice, because at that point he had nothing to lose. Either Palin was going to energize people to vote for him, or she was going to be an embarrassment and a net negative. Turned out it was the latter, but had he gone with a "safe" VP choice, it would have been a guaranteed loss.

But Republicans do not need to throw the Hail Mary pass this time around.

Hillary is very flawed and may very well beat herself. This is why Republicans should actually go with "safe" this time, and go with the candidate with the fewest gotchas, and then hope Hillary implodes. That's the best strategy at this point, because Hillary has enough holes to where Republicans may beat her simply because Hillary is Hillary.

What Republicans DON'T want is to make people vote for Hillary because they see her as the lesser of two evils. That will happen if Trump is the nominee.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    With Rubio/Kasich, Republicans are very likely pick up both Ohio and Florida -- two very close states which they NEED if they have any shot at the Presidency these days.

If Rubio/Kasich carries every state carried by Romney in 2012, PLUS Ohio and Florida, that's 253 electoral votes right there. Romney pretty much only carried the "safe' Republican states in 2012, so those states are likely to go Republican again in 2016. So once Rubio/Kasich have 253, all they need is to score a total of 17 more from swing states of Nevada (6), New Mexico (5), Colorado (9), Iowa (6), New Hampshire (4), and Virginia (13). So, for example, just Virginia and New Mexico would get it done, as would Nevada/Colorado/New Hampshire.

I could easily see the distrust of Hillary carrying 17 votes for Rubio/Kasich in the above-named states.

They just need to make sure that they don't give up Ohio or Florida -- which a Rubio/Kasich ticket would be ideal to accomplish that.

Comments

IamGreek: Plain nonsense

Load Metric
    You gonna gloss over the RAWA Rubio Adelson thing?

Load Metric
    Well congrats are due, Druff.

The Adelson Primary is almost over.

After being courted by each of the top Republican candidates, Adelson is reportedly close to supporting freshman U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, and is expected to announce his selection soon after the next GOP debate Dec. 15. An event is scheduled for the Adelson-owned Venetian Las Vegas hotel.
    You gonna attend?

Your boy gotta earn his keep. Will be real interesting if Rubio stays mum this week when the congressional hearing on the Restoration of America’s Wire Act (bill that if enacted would prohibit online gambling in the United States) kick off.

Load Metric
    I just hope Adelson dies soon

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This is a case of the right wing repeating a lie so often everyone believes it. Fact of the matter, there is no left wing MSM! If you're not a total right wing propaganda outfit your left wing huh? Nice try Druff, CNN's down the center.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Truth except CNN is now chasing after some of Fox's right wing viewers

Dan Druff: I read CNN the most of any news site, and it is left-center, NOT center

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

After being courted by each of the top Republican candidates, Adelson is reportedly close to supporting freshman U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, and is expected to announce his selection soon after the next GOP debate Dec. 15. An event is scheduled for the Adelson-owned Venetian Las Vegas hotel.
    You gonna attend?

Your boy gotta earn his keep. Will be real interesting if Rubio stays mum this week when the congressional hearing on the Restoration of America’s Wire Act (bill that if enacted would prohibit online gambling in the United States) kick off.
    You can't fault a politician for wanting the Adelson $.

Hopefully he doesn't sell us down the river for the online poker thing, but honestly no President (including Hillary) is going to support it anyway, so unless Rubio is a rabid online poker opponent, this probably won't matter.

RAWA doesn't have much of a chance of passing.

Load Metric
    Rubio might be a bigger joke than Trump.

He says the greatest threat facing America is the debt. Which in itself is retarded. But his two policy points he hammers at every event are a 5 trillion dollar tax cut and a dramatic hike in military spending. He doesn't make a bit of sense, ever.

Comments

Krypt: Finance and Economics not in the cuban pool boy arsenal

IAmProfessionalTalk: jury still out on supply side econ

garrett: !

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I understand the liberals of this forum disliking Rubio.

But the conservatives should be supporting him, because I believe he's the only viable general election candidate the Republicans have.

Even if you like Trump (which I don't), he will lose to Hillary in a general election. The polls are repeatedly showing that. Basically a lot of Americans are very fearful of a Trump Presidency.

Carson is a whack job and will get creamed in a general election.

Cruz is a smart guy and can debate well, but will ultimately be seen as too conservative, and will have a hard time pulling down independent votes.

So if you are a Republican, you have to ask yourself: "Would you rather see Hillary or Rubio be President?"

Because if any other Republican wins the primary, our next President is going to be Hillary. That's the reality.
    Rubio...A one term Senator who doesn't bother showing up to vote and who has delusions about becoming President.

If Rubio accepts Adelson's money he becomes his bitch and puppet.

He's not going to make it and you know it.

Donald Trump are Republicans only hope.

Load Metric
    Druff I am still trying to wrap my head around your favoring of Marco Rubio here. He really is largely a boy amongst real men in this.

He lacks so much of what is necessary to be a natural born leader. Can't even keep his own finances in order yet you are willing to give him the Government's purse strings lol. That is a scary thought.

Rubio is one of the the worst in terms of gambling well him and Cruz. RAWA would be the end of even the little bit of online poker/gambling we see today. Even Bovada would GTFO if a RAWA type bill was passed imo. And good luck at sports betting ever being legalized under Rubio administration because that isn't going to happen. He is very much against the very principles I would have always thought a 'professional gambler' would see as necessary to sustain a viable living. Yet you seem to seem all the good in this guy aside from all of that. So what gives here seeing as how, gambling is probably a significant function of your lifestyle. So needless to say i'm shocked you seem to favor this inexperienced Senator.

Nothing against the Rubio, but these are literally not the times to have an inexperienced Senator of his type calling the shots of the most powerful nation in the world. Just the wrong time to put some ROOK in the oval Office. And then fingers crossed hope with our fingers he doesn't make many mistakes. I fear that this Rubio is a mistake waiting to happen, if nothing more just because he so inexperienced. These are the wrong times to mess around with someone like him. Besides its not like he cant run in 15 or 20 more years asuming he doesn't become embroiled in some major scandal before that time. Which is quite likely with him too. Rubio just isn't qualified to lead the most powerful Nation in the world and that is just the plain truth Druff.

lol Druff really, Rubio???

Comments

big dick: good post
    Last edited by garrett; 12-08-2015 at 03:52 AM. Reason: lol Rubio

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I think the issue is he co-mingled funds which is a definite no no in business, and the Republican Party is a business. It begs the question why didn't he use his personal credit card for these purchases. Well, it was probably because his other cards were maxed out. He is well known to live beyond his means and has for years. I doubt think this issue will drag him down because he did pay the charges, but he is going to have to answer the question why is goes through these extended periods where he is completely broke despite making plenty of money.

My problem with Rubio is he really just runs for the next office, like Obama. He should have spent another term in the Senate, then disappear for a while and run in 2024 when he would be in his early 50s. I agree with Trump, he would simply be a puppet for special interests and the mega donors.

It does not matter, if Trump finishes in the top three in Iowa, and wins NH and South Carolina he is going to win the nomination and he is really dominating both states if you believe the polls. He will just have too much momentum. I believe Trump will be the nominee unless he says or does something so crazy he implodes.
    If saying something crazy would cause Trump to lose he would have lost a thousand times already.

Load Metric
    Trump isn't as far ahead as it seems

IA/NH/NV Caucuses are in Feburary so people actually getting to the booths and voting probably is going to tell a different story completely, whether in favor of Trump or not it's likely the media domination then will be more equal whereas early/now he is able to buy his way to a nice cushion. Trump may do well in NH although I don't think in Iowa Ted Cruz could win Iowa. Not that Iowa means much iirc Ted Huckabee won in like 08 or w.e and obviously never really become a formidable contender then.

Come February this race will probably have a new face or two, and probably a sharp fall off post caucus for a Rubio or Cruz. Its getting kind of comical how the media are clearly trying to ingrain people with these two young impressionable (depending) candidates in Cruz/Rubio. I think booths early media success at this point is bound to fall off, more than like at caucus time which is when things really start to matter. In the middle of February the picture will be so much clearer.

Cruz (Tea party)/Trump (Businessman Non-Establishment)/Rubio (Young Senator)/Christie (State Governor)

Each candidate offers a little bit of the entire spectrum for people to hear and select from. The left leaning , middle of the road, and the far right Evangelical type. This is by design obviously so people aren't polarized into always seeing/hearing that form an opinion skewed by media bias possibly. Instead you hear them all and people start doing polls, surveys often giving a false interpretation of what the real voters, people who actually get out of the house do their civic duty and go vote think. Usually the people who go and do the voting tell a different story then these early on media/poll numbers.

For that reason I really doubt Trump is as far ahead as it is being portrayed, and I also don't think some of the low down ~3-5% candidates are nearly that low either,with actual people who go and do the voting on election day. Post caucuses I expect Trump to be there but in a much more even race with likely 1 or 2 Candidates with Cruz or Rubio losing a ton of steam by then.

politicin

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

You gonna attend?

You can't fault a politician for wanting the Adelson $.

Hopefully he doesn't sell us down the river for the online poker thing, but honestly no President (including Hillary) is going to support it anyway, so unless Rubio is a rabid online poker opponent, this probably won't matter.

RAWA doesn't have much of a chance of passing.

Marco Rubio has positioned himself as a young, fresh-faced champion of limited-government conservatism. You are niave enough to buy it.

He represents the same bought and sold, quid pro quo politics that is commonly available on any street corner.

Again, he has long been courting Adelson. He agreed to be co sponsor of the RAWA bill. He's doing the work as directed.

The Wall Street Journal has written him up and called him out for his fine work with the sugar lobby and government subsidies for his (Florida) state's industry. He takes the money and does the work.

Taking money and suckling at the tit of the lobbies and PAC's .... no, I can't fault him for that. It's politics as usual. What I object to is the RAWA sellout. Stop imposing restrictions on my freedom under the guise of morality. I am not a rabid poker supporter but I demand the freedom to choose.

So in the end you have a fresh face with a relatively clean record - only because he's new. He plays in the same sandbox and his limited government stance is just fashionable. He can be bought just like anyone else.

He has no other compelling story. Zero.zero Just a guy.

I admit Trump is PT Barnum. But the circus was wildly successful. I read the Time magazine piece on Trump University. He's slick. American politics is oily & slick. You and I agree any politician would take Adelson's money. Now that we agree Rubio and the rest are corrupt & biz as usual, embrace the "in your face" challenge to the whole status quo of Presidential politics that is Trump or Sanders.

Anything but the status quo.

Edit:
    The freshman congressman. It dawns on me that as with the Dodgers you love the unproven prospects.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-08-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't forget boys and girls and trannys and bi curious and gays and others that druff said....

HE LIKES BUSHES POLICIES....kasich, Rubio??WTF????

I'm not researching whether druff is a democratic shill working against the republicans.

Thread Information