Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here it comes: Attacks on Rubio by the left-wing media

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Here it comes: Attacks on Rubio by the left-wing media

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/07/politi...nts/index.html

I fully believe the media "attacks" on Ben Carson are justified. The fact that he endorsed a scam company is a pretty big deal. The fact that he lied in his autobiography about having a violent past is also a pretty big deal. So yeah, these are important things to know about the guy before considering voting for him.

But WTF is this about Rubio?

It is now being said that he spent $7k for personal expenses on a Republican Party credit card in 2005 and 2006.

Here are the facts about this whopping $7k from 10 years ago:

- Rubio secured the card under his personal credit

- The card had $65k charged on it. $58k of it was verified to have been legit expenses for the Florida Republican Party.

- $7k was spent by Rubio on personal items, and he said that he sent in the money himself for those items to pay them off, leaving the work-related stuff for the Republican Party to pay.

But even if the last thing isn't true (that he paid the $7k off himself with no one asking about it), big fucking deal.

Does anyone really believe that Rubio was in some massive conspiracy to steal $7k from the Republican Party?

At worst, he played fast and loose with the rules of the card, and bought a few items on his work card that were actually personal. Not 100% ethical, but given the amount of money involved (very little), it's pretty much a non-issue. I equate it with taking office supplies home from work.

The fact that this is front page news on CNN is LOL.

Hillary used her personal e-mail server based out of her home for highly classified e-mails, in violation of the law and her security clearance. Then she did her best to cover it all up.

Marco Rubio bought some miscellaneous personal crap in 2005 for $7k on a Republican Party credit card, over a period of two years.

I think I'd much rather trust Rubio.

I believe Rubio is being attacked at this point because Carson is melting down, and Rubio is looking a lot better to rise up and beat Trump.

And let's face it -- most Democrats would MUCH rather face Carson or Trump in the general election than Rubio.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I see that he also charged $22k from 2007-2008 on personal things.

Still hasn't been made clear that the Republican Party actually paid those charges. He says that he paid for them himself.

Again, not at all a huge deal regarding someone running for President. It's not like this was some massive criminal conspiracy where he was going to get rich.

Load Metric
    Two of the personal charges from 2005 and 2006 were from a Las Vegas trip. Rubio's campaign said he extended a political business-related stay for personal reasons and has family in the area, the campaign said.
    Obv shot off his money at the craps table and pulled the degen cash advance off of the company card

Load Metric
    The ridiculousness of the neocon foreign policy that Rubio promotes doesn't need a hit job from the "left wing" media. Just some common sense.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Two of the personal charges from 2005 and 2006 were from a Las Vegas trip. Rubio's campaign said he extended a political business-related stay for personal reasons and has family in the area, the campaign said.
    Obv shot off his money at the craps table and pulled the degen cash advance off of the company card
    highly doubtful...bet it was charges related to beta testing for SWC...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    The ridiculousness of the neocon foreign policy that Rubio promotes doesn't need a hit job from the "left wing" media. Just some common sense.

Please mumbles, don't deflect and redirect. The issue were discussing is the mainstream media bias. Every one is bias but the media is being so blatent a rabbid about it, its becoming hilarious to watch.

This thread is about the absolute media bias against republicans

Comments

SrslySirius: keep your promises

MumblesBadly: Sparten gets a pass on this one. I did stray from the topic.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Not to be racist but Cuban people are the nut low.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    This comment made me think back to the time I walked in 4 queens about 3 or 4 in the morning and you had the dice table to yourself with chips spread all over the felt, #ShootingoffThePokerWinning's

Comments

ThreeBet: HOF

LobsterMac: fucking
    -Allergic to the struggle

Bronze
    Load Metric
    druff rubio is a shill, who talks good but has no way of backing it up. you have to reconsider trump imo.

Load Metric
    Druff spinning the story only because he likes Rubio. If he liked carson then the other story would have been spun by Druff as well.

Load Metric
    I think the issue is he co-mingled funds which is a definite no no in business, and the Republican Party is a business. It begs the question why didn't he use his personal credit card for these purchases. Well, it was probably because his other cards were maxed out. He is well known to live beyond his means and has for years. I doubt think this issue will drag him down because he did pay the charges, but he is going to have to answer the question why is goes through these extended periods where he is completely broke despite making plenty of money.

My problem with Rubio is he really just runs for the next office, like Obama. He should have spent another term in the Senate, then disappear for a while and run in 2024 when he would be in his early 50s. I agree with Trump, he would simply be a puppet for special interests and the mega donors.

It does not matter, if Trump finishes in the top three in Iowa, and wins NH and South Carolina he is going to win the nomination and he is really dominating both states if you believe the polls. He will just have too much momentum. I believe Trump will be the nominee unless he says or does something so crazy he implodes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    A hidden camera documenting Druff's travels through Cuba would be the greatest reality show ever produced. An entire society with zero incentive to do any work let alone good work, combined with predatory scamming from literally everyone he comes in contact with. GOLD, JERRY!

Comments

thesparten: Lol+1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    druff rubio is a shill, who talks good but has no way of backing it up. you have to reconsider trump imo.
    Agree..

Rubio is a jeb shil.. He will say anything to get elected and once he does he will turn into jebs cousin and Paul ryans brother..

How could u think that jebs policies will make this a better country.. I don't get it. Druff is way smarter than that. I just don't get it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Hey! Now *you* are straying from the topic! I take back the +1 I gave you above!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    Agree..

Rubio is a jeb shil.. He will say anything to get elected and once he does he will turn into jebs cousin and Paul ryans brother..

How could u think that jebs policies will make this a better country.. I don't get it. Druff is way smarter than that. I just don't get it.
    I like you but weren't you supposed to not post about politics anymore? At least come thru for a week or so or make a dupe.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Agree..

I like you but weren't you supposed to not post about politics anymore? At least come thru for a week or so or make a dupe.
    Yes pooh, but a voice spoke to me and said I must lead the people..

They have taken a beach head, they have taken a foot hold in our great America. They are on the march en mass..

I will fill the breach, I will hold my ground, I will lead the vanguard to victory. So say I "THESPARTEN"

Comments

Krypt: Inspirational

Load Metric
    lol Rubio...He looks like he just finished high school and is a total sellout
    Sorry right wingers but you guys have terrible candidates this time around
    Trump is the only decent one
    Hillary will be the next president, I know this, and you guys know this.
    Last edited by big dick; 11-08-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Whichever republican gets the nomination!! Will be the next president.

I'm telling u boys and girls. I'm just hoping its not jeb or rubio

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    A hidden camera documenting Druff's travels through Cuba would be the greatest reality show ever produced. An entire society with zero incentive to do any work let alone good work, combined with predatory scamming from literally everyone he comes in contact with. GOLD, JERRY!
    I would actually take a trip to Cuba if I could. Would be interesting.

But I would know exactly what to expect there, so it wouldn't be the same as my behavior when I encounter terrible service in the US. So it probably wouldn't be the "gold" you would be hoping for.

Load Metric
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/07/politi...nts/index.html

I fully believe the media "attacks" on Ben Carson are justified. The fact that he endorsed a scam company is a pretty big deal. The fact that he lied in his autobiography about having a violent past is also a pretty big deal. So yeah, these are important things to know about the guy before considering voting for him.

But WTF is this about Rubio?

It is now being said that he spent $7k for personal expenses on a Republican Party credit card in 2005 and 2006.

Here are the facts about this whopping $7k from 10 years ago:

- Rubio secured the card under his personal credit

- The card had $65k charged on it. $58k of it was verified to have been legit expenses for the Florida Republican Party.

- $7k was spent by Rubio on personal items, and he said that he sent in the money himself for those items to pay them off, leaving the work-related stuff for the Republican Party to pay.

But even if the last thing isn't true (that he paid the $7k off himself with no one asking about it), big fucking deal.

Does anyone really believe that Rubio was in some massive conspiracy to steal $7k from the Republican Party?

At worst, he played fast and loose with the rules of the card, and bought a few items on his work card that were actually personal. Not 100% ethical, but given the amount of money involved (very little), it's pretty much a non-issue. I equate it with taking office supplies home from work.

The fact that this is front page news on CNN is LOL.

Hillary used her personal e-mail server based out of her home for highly classified e-mails, in violation of the law and her security clearance. Then she did her best to cover it all up.

Marco Rubio bought some miscellaneous personal crap in 2005 for $7k on a Republican Party credit card, over a period of two years.

I think I'd much rather trust Rubio.

I believe Rubio is being attacked at this point because Carson is melting down, and Rubio is looking a lot better to rise up and beat Trump.

And let's face it -- most Democrats would MUCH rather face Carson or Trump in the general election than Rubio.
    I agree that this is much ado about nothing. I once worked for a company that provided a corporate credit card, and allowed me to use it for personal items in circumstances as long I identified them, whereby I reimbursed the company. I didn't go crazy with it, probably spending about $1000 total over a two year period.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Whichever republican gets the nomination!! Will be the next president.

I'm telling u boys and girls. I'm just hoping its not jeb or rubio
    Sparten, you're gonna need double or triple doses of pills when HRC is elected as 45th. Or seriously start practicing relaxation techniques.

Thread Information