Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD***

Platinum
    Load Metric

***OFFICIAL 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD***

in prep for the draft tomorrow: #1, who ya got?

I think you gotta go towns...I think it will be a long while before we see another big man as good as Anthony davis, but this guy looks pretty legit...if he can extend his jumper and make a consistent 15-18' he's gonna be a huge weapon the way the NBA plays now...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Townes is going #1

going to be a ton of trades in the next 24 hrs IMO

Load Metric
    FREE BOOGIE. LOL at the Kings.

As much as I hate the Lakers, it's more fun for the league when they're good.

The pairing of Cousins + Kobe would provide some massive LOL's. #2 + Randle for Boogie. Ship it.

As both a Hornets and Blazers fan (lol), what a random ass trade Batum for Gerald Henderson/Noah Vonleh feels like. One of those draft guys now thinks that Charlotte will draft Frank Kaminsky.

I watch zero college basketball but must say I am bummed that it looks like the Hornets will add another whitey.

I hope there's a bunch of trades. Not knowing anything about the draft this year, I feel like there will be lots of movement, as there are several teams in the good/not great range and several looking to shed salary/blow it up.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I snap take this deal if I am the Kings

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    never gonna happen...vivek thinks he's jerry west..

and agree on FREE BOOGIE...SEND HIM TO THE CELTICS!!!!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    my other pre-draft question is...how's phil gonna torture knicks fans? im thinking passing on Russell to take "chair man" porzingis...

the stank of dolan is just reeking on the knicks...

Load Metric
    Yeah...Boogie was incredible last year until he got meningitis, the LOL Kings fired the coach that he liked and brought in George Karl.

What a catastrophe that organization is.

Do you have to do it if you're the Lakers? I think obv if Cousins wasn't a complete lunatic / terrible teammate. Wasn't Randle considered the dark horse to be the best player of last year's draft?

A #2 pick and Randle is a high price for a head case.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Yeah...Boogie was incredible last year until he got meningitis, the LOL Kings fired the coach that he liked and brought in George Karl.

Do you have to do it if you're the Lakers? I think obv if Cousins wasn't a complete lunatic / terrible teammate. Wasn't Randle considered the dark horse to be the best player of last year's draft?

I wouldn't do it if I am the Lakers unless they are confident they can get other guys to come and play with Boogie and can make it work

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I wouldn't do it if I am the Lakers unless they are confident they can get other guys to come and play with Boogie and can make it work
    Yeah, think I would rather watch them build a bit more than clean house for Cousins.

Historically though, unlike the Knicks they can get marquee free agents no problem. I see Durant landing there eventually, just a feeling.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    in prep for the draft tomorrow: #1, who ya got?

I think you gotta go towns...I think it will be a long while before we see another big man as good as Anthony davis, but this guy looks pretty legit...if he can extend his jumper and make a consistent 15-18' he's gonna be a huge weapon the way the NBA plays now...
    I think Okafor is a can't miss 20-10 guy

I think Townes could be a bit below that at worst OR he is going to develop a mans body and just be NASTY in the post and have a good outside game with that as well. He can face up and shoot but I was very impressed with his hands and his quick decisions to turn and score with either hand. If he gets the right training regimen and follows it the sky is the limit.

Russell has shot up to draft boards but I haven't watched enough of him to comment.

I think Same Deckker is going to be a bust and I think Kaminsky is going to be a SOLID SOLID pro
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 06-25-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If the Lakers want to have a chance, they will stop trying to win immediately and rebuild the team from the ground up.

Don't trade your draft pick, draft well, and then build from there. Don't signed washed-up veterans whose best years occurred a decade ago. Don't commit big money to Kevin Love types with a questionable long-term outlook.

The Lakers have a big budget and can afford top free agents (especially once Kobe is gone), but they need to put the brakes on the spending until they have a team to build around.

The exception to this would be if they had the opportunity to sign or acquire a bona fide superstar, like Lebron, Curry, or Durant. Other than that, they should hold off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, unless Kobe either retires or gets injured again, he will never let himself become second banana. So that's another hurdle the Lakers will have to overcome, and the reason they shouldn't bother trying to win now until old man Kobe finally sits down for good.

Kobe really was an amazing player to watch when in his prime, and for all of his selfishness, it was amazing how much he could single-handedly do to get his team back in the game.

But he's done. He is a shell of his former self, and he's never coming back anywhere near what he used to be. He had a nice, long career (since 1996!), but it's time to shut it down.

Load Metric
    Hope Russell is there at 3 and the Sixers take him. Assuming Hinkie doesn't get too crazy with trades and mess this up.

Load Metric
    winslow and okafur from duke are going to be solid pros not crazy about the 3d guy guard looks too frail.

Load Metric
    I have a guy who has made a living out of betting sports prop bets. When the NBA draft rips were opened he bought as much Russell @#2 action as he could buy at 8-1.

He does miss from time to time but he tends to be right a lot more than he is wrong.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I have a guy who has made a living out of betting sports prop bets. When the NBA draft rips were opened he bought as much Russell @#2 action as he could buy at 8-1.

He does miss from time to time but he tends to be right a lot more than he is wrong.
    That would be such a terrible pick.

Okafor is a guy that only comes along once every 3 or 4 years now.

Good guard play is easier to find in the NBA than good inside play.

It would be a fail of epic proportions by the Lakers if they were to do that.

Load Metric
    Towns has the highest ceiling, while Okafor can step right in and be a poor mans Al Jefferson.

Willie Trill is probably my favorite player in this draft, that dude should have a Tyson Chandlerish career, and looks to be that type of player who gets undervalued but winds up always playing for winning teams.

the Batum trade had to happen...when he could put it all together he was a great talent....sadly he'd only put it together ~7 games a year. Vonleh is a decent project to get back, and Henderson at least is an ok rotation player. Don't tell that to the tards on Blazers Edge though, where most think fair value for Batum would have been Lebron + 4 number one picks.

Luke Ridnour traded 3 times in the last 2 days lol.

Load Metric
    also LOL @ the Kings. George Karl has a better cash gifting scheme going that even 6toedChucky could even dream of. Get hired again, sign 4 year deal, immediately alienate and demand to trade the best player, hope to get fired and pocket ~$10mil for 8 months of work.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    also LOL @ the Kings. George Karl has a better cash gifting scheme going that even 6toedChucky could even dream of. Get hired again, sign 4 year deal, immediately alienate and demand to trade the best player, hope to get fired and pocket ~$10mil for 8 months of work.
    that is unfucking real...vivek has no goddamn clue what the fuck he is doing...

love WCS...praying danny can find a way to trade up to get him...

boston buddy of mine said there is a rumor that the Celtics are trying to give up the fucking farm for #3...like olynyk/smart/18/26/2 more first rounders...i get trying to get a franchise chip like an okafor, but fucking shit that's a lot of picks to give up for one guy...i get those middle/late 1st rounders don't have a ton of value, but jesus...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Towns has the highest ceiling, while Okafor can step right in and be a poor mans Al Jefferson.

Willie Trill is probably my favorite player in this draft, that dude should have a Tyson Chandlerish career, and looks to be that type of player who gets undervalued but winds up always playing for winning teams.

the Batum trade had to happen...when he could put it all together he was a great talent....sadly he'd only put it together ~7 games a year. Vonleh is a decent project to get back, and Henderson at least is an ok rotation player. Don't tell that to the tards on Blazers Edge though, where most think fair value for Batum would have been Lebron + 4 number one picks.

Luke Ridnour traded 3 times in the last 2 days lol.
    Towns is the better player. Okafor is great in the post, but that's all he has. Can't play defense, can't shoot free throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Thread Information