Thread: Republican Debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Republican Debate

Anyone else watching this shit? Worst moderator job ever. These idiots think the debate is about them. Ask the question and shut the fuck up. Don't argue with the candidates and when the candidates want to debate then let them fucking debate because this is a fucking debate.

They are making CNN look like fucking professionals.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Anyone else watching this shit? Worst moderator job ever. These idiots think the debate is about them. Ask the question and shut the fuck up. Don't argue with the candidates and when the candidates want to debate then let them fucking debate because this is a fucking debate.

Did not watch, but here is my summary:

Trump: I am the best at everything and everybody loves me.
    Carson: Jesus killed the dinosaurs. I am not a monkey.
    Fiorina: I am a woman, but I had the balls to fire everybody at HP.
    Bush: Mommy, that mean Donald boy is making fun of me!
    Everybody else: Look at me say something really stupid so people pay attention to me.

Comments

TheXFactor: nailed it!
    Last edited by Jayjami; 10-28-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

There will be two big takeaways from this debate.

#1 - what an incredible shitty job CNBC did. Just next level bad complete with loaded questions for all the candidates that mattered.

#2 - Chris Christie may not be finished. He sounded great tonight.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Christie talked a lot and made a lot of sound bytes, but didn't really say much.

Rand Paul did shitty and is definitely done.

Carly Fiorina did decently.

Ben Carson seemed weird and not Presidential at all.

Kasich looked uncomfortable.

Jeb raised good points but wasn't memorable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Right now the 3 I am most likely to vote for are Bush, Fiorina, and Rubio.

Do not at all like Christie, Trump, Huckabee, or Carson.

Comments

IamGreek: You disappoint me Sir!

Load Metric
    I'm still far away from making a decision but I think I wouldn't feel completely awful about a Rubio/Christie ticket.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

And your not a rhino, right??

Load Metric
    Today, 09:01 AM
    thesparten
    Contributor
    This message is hidden because thesparten is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    View Post

Load Metric

Bush...People have had enough of the Bush family. (Two President Bush's were too much)

Fiorina...A cunt who ran HP into the ground, you know she will never become President.

Rubio...Does the Republican party need a white Obama? A U.S. senator with little/no experience who has delusions about being President.
    Rubio said in the debate that business owners who use an "S Corp" or "LLC" pay more in taxes than regular corporations when the opposite is true.

Christie...Too fat and America isn't New Jersey.

Huckabee...Too damn religious.

Ben Carson...Too damn religious.

Which leaves...DONALD TRUMP!!!

If it comes down to Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump...who are you going to vote for?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Bush...People have had enough of the Bush family. (Two President Bush's were too much)

Fiorina...A cunt who ran HP into the ground, you know she will never become President.

Rubio...Does the Republican party need a white Obama? A U.S. senator with little/no experience who has delusions about being President.
    Rubio said in the debate that business owners who use an "S Corp" or "LLC" pay more in taxes than regular corporations when the opposite is true.

If it comes down to Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump...who are you going to vote for?

lol. You don't think Hilary has more demons than Trump or any Republican running? We're still a year away. Buckle the fuck up. I'd be surprised if she is still running by the time next summer comes once the real shit starts hitting the fan. If you don't think they're saving the good shit til next year then you're dumber than fuck. With all due respect.

Load Metric

I generally agree with whats here but Im curious why you think Hils is going to get the nod over Bernie?

Hils just isnt likeable, Bernie says almost nothing wrong, and a _lot_ of fiscally conservative moderates & Republicans are digging what he has to say.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

He looked like he was on drugs at times. He couldn't stand still.

I consider myself to be a physical communicator (I'm Italian so I have no choice) and even I found it distracting.

Comments

IamGreek: I think he's got Parkinsons or some nervous condition

Load Metric

Can anyone explain HOW and WHY Ben Carson is the front-runner for the Republican party?

Four years ago Herman Cain was the front-runner for the Republican party.

Are people really going to vote for another black man for President?

Load Metric
    The reason why Ben Carson is the front runner is because people like the Koch brothers legitimized ignorance and superstition by wrapping a political movement about it, after their tribe made absolutely sure that the elements in society that we rely on most to combat ignorance and superstition are kept underfunded and branded as subversive, essentially.

When I grew up, Republicans had an entirely fiscal agenda. They abandoned that, the Libertarians took up that mantle, and now all you have to do to belong to a relevant, thriving social movement in America is be dumb as fuck, as loud as possible, and quote scriptures. That's the Republican party in 2016 and I'll spare you the suspense; that pendulum isnt swinging the other way in our lifetimes.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Can anyone explain HOW and WHY Ben Carson is the front-runner for the Republican patry?
    Because a substantial portion of GOP voters are religious idiots! Like, disbelieving evolution "because The Bible" idiotic.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Christie talked a lot and made a lot of sound bytes, but didn't really say much.

I think Carly Fiorina or Rubio would absolutely destroy Hillary Clinton in a debate. Whether they could win is, of course, another issue entirely.

I honestly think that is what is going to come down to. The Republicans need someone that can debate and not necessary the best person/qualified for the job. Jeb Bush may be the best qualified for the job on the Rep side, but he comes off as soft which wont work against Clinton.
    Last edited by cmoney; 10-28-2015 at 10:34 PM.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

I think Carly Fiorina or Rubio would absolutely destroy Hillary Clinton in a debate. Whether they could win is, of course, another issue entirely.

I honestly think that is what is going to come down to. The Republicans need someone that can debate and not necessary the best person/qualified for the job. Jeb Bush may be the best qualified for the job on the Rep side, but he comes off as soft which wont work against Clinton.
    She looks like a cunt.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

She looks like a cunt.
    She actually does, and that might hurt her.

However, in the general election this won't matter much, as Hillary looks and sounds just as bitchy.

I think she might have the best shot of beating Hillary in the general election, given that she will neutralize Hillary's "first woman President" advantage, and that she can probably match up against Hillary well in a debate.

I am still concerned that her bad record at HP will come back to bite her, though.

Load Metric
    Republicans are lashing out at CNBC over Wednesday's night's GOP debate, with the party's campaign chairman saying the network "should be ashamed" of how it was handled.

In a biting statement issued after the event concluded, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said that while he was "proud of our candidates and the way they handled tonight’s debate, the performance by the CNBC moderators was extremely disappointing and did a disservice to their network, our candidates, and voters.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Our diverse field of talented and exceptionally qualified candidates did their best to share ideas for how to reinvigorate the economy and put Americans back to work despite deeply unfortunate questioning."
    "CNBC should be ashamed of how this debate was handled.”

Jeb Bush's campaign manager, Danny Diaz, meanwhile, exchanged words with a CNBC employee over his candidate's lack of speaking time.

"I think it's unfortunate that we didn't have more time. I communicated that. But you know what? We had an opportunity to talk to voters, tomorrow we do again in New Hampshire, and we will again in a few weeks in Milwaukee," Diaz told reporters.
    Bush, who had been looking to use the debate to boost his sagging poll numbers, spoke the least of all the candidates at the debate, according to a New York Times count.

"They didn’t control the debate, plain and simple. It was not a fair debate in that regard," Bush said on CNN.

"There were gotcha questions like there had been in the other debates, as well," he added.

CNBC quickly defended the event as the GOP criticism began pouring in.

"People who want to be President of the United States should be able to answer tough questions," Brian Steel, a CNBC spokesman, told The Hill in an email

During the debate, candidates confronted CNBC moderators for their questions several times, with Ted Cruz leading the charge.

"The questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people don’t trust the media. This is not a cage match,” Cruz said.

"You look at the questions: Donald Trump, are you a comic book villain? Ben Carson, can you do math? John Kasich, can you insult those two people over here? Marco Rubio, why don't you resign? Jeb Bush, why have your numbers fallen? How about talking about the substantive issues the people care about?”

Cruz reiterated that criticism in an appearance on Fox News's "Hannity" after the debate.

"The media, they are the Democrats' cheerleaders," Cruz said.

"The moderators and the networks don’t want the American people to vote for any of the 10 men and women on that stage."

Cruz's shot at the CNBC moderators, which ignited the debate crowd, was one of several combative moments during the prime-time debate.

Trump, who had predicted ahead of the bout that it would be unfair, mixed it up with CNBC moderator John Harwood when he asked whether Trump’s campaign promises amount to a “comic book version of a campaign.”

“It’s not a comic book, and it’s not a very nice leading question,” Trump responded.

Later, in his closing statement, Trump hammered CNBC, accusing the network of seeking to profit off the candidates.

“These folks at CNBC, they had [the debate] down to three, three and a half hours,” Trump said. “I just read today in Tthe New York Times — $250,000 for a 30-second ad. I went out and said it’s ridiculous, I could stand up here all night. Nobody wants to watch three and a half or three hours ... and in two minutes I renegotiated it down to two hours so we can get the hell out of here.”

Several weeks before the debate, Trump and Ben Carson threatened to boycott if CNBC scheduled a debate that lasted for more than two hours and didn’t allow the candidates opening and closing remarks.

“I have to hand it to Ben, he was with me on this. We called in [and] we said that’s it, we’re not doing it,” Trump said.

Harwood disputed Trump’s account.

“Just for the record, the debate was always going to be two hours,” he said.

Trump shot back: “That’s not right. That’s absolutely not right. You know that. That’s not right.”

Many of the lower-polling candidates, including Mike Huckabee and Rand Paul, also swatted down the moderators when told their time was up, noting that many of the other candidates had been allowed to continue.

The moderators appeared to be losing control in the latter half of the debate, with the candidates repeatedly talking over each other until they could claim the stage.

Chris Christie, known for his own brash personality, took issue with interruptions by moderators when he was answering a question on daily fantasy football.

“Do you want me to answer or do you want to answer?” he asked Harwood to cheers.

“I’ve got to tell you the truth, even in New Jersey what you are doing is called rude.”

In Trump's post-debate interview with CNBC, he praised the event as "terrific" and said he thought the questions were much more difficult than those at the Democratic debate earlier this month.

"If you looked at Hillary's deal a couple of weeks ago, the questions were much softer, much easier, much nicer. It was like a giant love-fest. That did not take place over here. This was pretty tough," he said, referring to Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton.

When asked by the interviewer whether the tough questions made the debate "fair," Trump answered, "I think so."

Comments

thesparten: No fan of rnc but he was right and so was vruz and Christie

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Republicans are lashing out at CNBC over Wednesday's night's GOP debate, with the party's campaign chairman saying the network "should be ashamed" of how it was handled.

In a biting statement issued after the event concluded, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said that while he was "proud of our candidates and the way they handled tonight’s debate, the performance by the CNBC moderators was extremely disappointing and did a disservice to their network, our candidates, and voters.”

When asked by the interviewer whether the tough questions made the debate "fair," Trump answered, "I think so."
    in video form:

Thread Information