Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOL Canada: Trudeau to stop bombing ISIS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

LOL Canada: Trudeau to stop bombing ISIS

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/21/middle...aq-isis-fight/

Trudeau said Tuesday that Canada would remain "a strong member of the coalition" against ISIS but would "engage in a responsible way."

His party wants to provide more humanitarian aid in Iraq and Syria and for the Canadian military to take part in training rather than bombing missions, CNN partner CBC reported.
    So it's irresponsible to bomb ISIS now?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

After reading the report about our drone program over there, I think its surely acceptable to say we are not very responsible in the way we use our bombs.

Its not irresponsible to bomb ISIS. The way we are doing it now, however, may well be.

Worth reading: https://theintercept.com/drone-papers/

Comments

MumblesBadly: Too many of my fellow Americans blindly love America bombing!

Load Metric
    Jesus christ druff, how can someone so meticulous about coupon cruises and vegas buffets be so flippant with regards to complex international affairs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You guy talk about drones and Obama has killed the most Muslims...

Thr truth is isil has never stoped growing and has increast in power day after day..

Putin had put.more hurt on them in a month then obama has in a year..

They have functioning oil wells, that we could just.bomb.. but we dont.. rampant slavery and genocide of coptic Christians...

He gives al quida major weapons and doe but the Kurds who would kick ass?? They gota beg for rifles.that they werent given bullets for... the global progressive powers want isil to win, DUH!!!

There just playing it off like there doing something.

Progressive,s dont have a problem with that..

We should do what Clinton did, with no major complaints from the media I might add.

A media blackout. Go.in and whipe everything out and people..

Load Metric
    ay, 12:29 AM
    thesparten
    Contributor
    This message is hidden because thesparten is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    View Post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

Thr truth is isil has never stoped growing and has increast in power day after day..

They have functioning oil wells, that we could just.bomb.. but we dont.. rampant slavery and genocide of coptic Christians...

He gives al quida major weapons and doe but the Kurds who would kick ass?? They gota beg for rifles.that they werent given bullets for... the global progressive powers want isil to win, DUH!!!

We should do what Clinton did, with no major complaints from the media I might add.

Name:  monkeypushmac.gif
Views: 521
Size:  1.79 MB

Comments

sonatine: flawless

Brittney Griner's Clit: sauna teen can watch us fuck

Wiganer: Your finest hour

ToasterOven: score

MumblesBadly: Watched this gif about 20 times in a row. Quite therapeutic. Thx.

nunbeater: when you're right you're right

SrslySirius: DYFLECT AND RIDUREKT

El Gallo: Got em

Load Metric

Trudeau said Tuesday that Canada would remain "a strong member of the coalition" against ISIS but would "engage in a responsible way."

His party wants to provide more humanitarian aid in Iraq and Syria and for the Canadian military to take part in training rather than bombing missions, CNN partner CBC reported.

The way I see it, if Russia wants to take a crack at it, why not sit back and let them? Why spend the money?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's not about money.

It's about a crippling fear of collateral damage, so they are backing off of the bombing and letting other countries take the blame if anything bad happens (while still reaping the benefits if the other countries manage to weaken ISIS via these bombings).

This strategy was used in the 1990s against Osama bin Laden -- basically to ignore him and engage him very minimally, and hope he'll go away. You see how that worked out.

Load Metric
    It's not about money.

It's about a crippling fear of collateral damage, so they are backing off of the bombing and letting other countries take the blame if anything bad happens (while still reaping the benefits if the other countries manage to weaken ISIS via these bombings).

This strategy was used in the 1990s against Osama bin Laden -- basically to ignore him and engage him very minimally, and hope he'll go away. You see how that worked out.

You do remember that the Middle East was Russia's problem in the 80's right? They were already there and WE encroached. Just chalk it up to another round of population control.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's not about money.

This!

+ Obama IS a member of the muslim brotherhood...

Load Metric
    Today, 06:10 AM
    thesparten
    Contributor
    This message is hidden because thesparten is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

Comments

DJ_Chaps: who fucking cares?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's not about money.

This!

Moral issues aside, ousted Prime Minister Stephn Harper was seen to be in bed with every move made by Obama or any American administration.

Trudeau's father, was almost the opposite when he was Prime Minister. So this may the beginning of a trend
    that many Canadians will applaud.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: all I see is Ike from South Park when you post.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

This!

Moral issues aside, ousted Prime Minister Stephn Harper was seen to be in bed with every move made by Obama or any American administration.

Trudeau's father, was almost the opposite when he was Prime Minister. So this may the beginning of a trend
    that many Canadians will applaud.

You Limit Fag,

What's it like being better than me 1/100 times?

Load Metric
    I'm old enough to remember when Republicans weren't nation building interventionists. 4d is the last hold out.

Why should a country attack ISIS if they have no designs on attacking them? Canada, and certain other countries.. ahem...cough..., should let Turkey, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Kurds etc. bomb ISIS.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Your logic trumps jingoism! Not fair!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Jesus christ druff, how can someone so meticulous about coupon cruises and vegas buffets be so flippant with regards to complex international affairs.
    (1) Druff is a neo-con, and (2) "Fast thinking".

Comments

El Gallo: I enjoyed this
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Nobody on the internet has a finer nose for sniffing out bullshit than Druff.

But when it comes to world affairs, he's pretty much vying with thesparten to be the forums number one spaztard.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric

If by "them" you mean "Non-ISIS Syrian rebels", I would agree. Because Putin is using Russian bombing to help Assad's regime fight the rebels. In fact, this was known earlier this month. So, way to cheer for Russia supporting an Iranian ally in the Middle East!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-updates.html
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm trying to understand the points being made here by my political critics.

What should we be doing about ISIS, if bombing them is "irresponsible"?

Negotiating with them? Reasoning with them?

It is impossible to fight terrorism by simply taking a defensive posture.

In the '90s, the school of thought with people like bin Laden was to avoid escalating the conflict and giving potential followers reason to join the fight against us.

That thinking was proven to be flawed. Ignore terrorist groups, and they grow stronger, larger, and more organized.

So if I'm wrong, what's the solution?

Load Metric
    Druff I think you're taking Trudeau's quote out of context. We already discussed this in the election thread.

Canada will do so in a responsible way, IE not spending m/billions of dollars.

We will sit back and let others fight the battle and provide support along the way. This is how Canada should operate, we are not a military power by any means.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Druff I think you're taking Trudeau's quote out of context. We already discussed this in the election thread.

Canada will do so in a responsible way, IE not spending m/billions of dollars.

We will sit back and let others fight the battle and provide support along the way. This is how Canada should operate, we are not a military power by any means.
    "... in a responsible way" seems to mean "We will let everyone else spend the money, bear the brunt of civilian death controversies, while we enjoy the same benefits from their efforts as if we were involved."

I think that's bullshit. It's like a class group project where one guy says, "You know, I'll sit this one out, but I support the work you guys are doing, and I'm sure you'll get all of us a good grade!"

It is understandable that Canada doesn't have the military that the US does, but they should at least contribute their fair share, unless they are philosophically opposed to the bombing.

Thread Information